Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,671 members, 7,865,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (623) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820699 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by akoscar: 12:35am On Mar 09, 2008
Hi Folks,

Pls has any one heard of a PP for Investment and Allied Insurance at 1.50 which is closing on Monday?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:53am On Mar 09, 2008
EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER.

Making mistakes is part of the learning process for all new investors, but all too often its plain old common sense that separates successful investors from the rest. Note also that nearly all investors new or experienced have fallen astray from common sense and made a mistake or two. It is impossible to be perfect, but knowing some common investing errors can help deliver you from going down the well traveled, yet rocky path of losses.
The best way of becoming a better investor is to learn from other peoples instead. Based on all my experience, the most important advice I can offer to all new investors is to HAVE AN INVESTIMENT PLAN. Know why your are buying a stock and know what you are looking for in the company. If only you can take some time to rethink what you want to do a lot of mistakes will be avoided.
For every stock you buy and later sell, always write down all the lessons you learned about the stock market, from the trade. It doesn’t matter where you write it down, whether you keep a trading diary or use a register, the important thing is to methodically record market lessons as they occur. This surely will make you to remember all the mistakes you make, proffer solutions to problems as they arise and generally become more experienced.

Happy investing!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stocknrock: 1:26am On Mar 09, 2008
All I can say right now is that looking at the charts

I can see up to 5 stocks that are ready for a quick CICO ready monday.

But since my broker na ajebo broker, it would be in my own best interest to diclose this CICO stocks AFTER I don recieve tradealert.

Cos e be like say na after I mention say I wan chop bigtreat bread for 1 week clean mouth, na him person for this forum e fit be go buy the factory close down my own chop. pumpin you are suspected

So Ill wait.

But for quick teasers.

Their first letter words are

U

L

R

N

B

@ Aktopgun

Does anyone know what is happening to presco, after Fof2 recommending it a while back, the thing never move o!!!!!!! any news? technically or fundamentally or sentimentally??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 1:56am On Mar 09, 2008
Thank God for Nairaland grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

today was a confirmation that i must move to Nigeria and partake in the cake the country is too much and is changing fast wink. i got much more than stock

market advice from the gurus grin. i hail Seun for this platform. do london diasporians know that we have people with experience and great ideas willing to

assist us. does anybody know Otunba Dele Balogun who stays in essex and contributes to the advancement of the diaspora or Alh Bamanga Tukur who

gives great ideas at the African Business round table and other London events.

Do people know about the great oppurtunities existing with the NEPZA initiative and other incentives for diasporians. Londoncool I was told you are a

well known in the diaspora and you were a regular contributor with moneywise so Oga Sir i am hailing you grin

Do you know that most weekends big guys within London and those who are in town rub minds at the Hilton Paddington or Metropole or Wazobia

restruant and people can freely attend. My eyes are now shinning bright grin I am facing Abuja full force from henceforth. Today i laughed tire when heard

that in portharcort they make money-abuja they share it and london or gidi they spend it. Nigeria i hail thee.

Mallam Napolean i am hail you. Today taught me there are many silent readers and big guns in nairaland. Seyi please call me make we yarn
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 2:01am On Mar 09, 2008
Aunty WindyWendy

what is your take on red star for a quick cico. i am grateful ma grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 2:23am On Mar 09, 2008
ok folks Oga Napolean merely mentioned it in passing, what if he hadnt done so nko?
why this annoyance because venue changed, almost making it seem as if he forced anyone to show up. Thats not cool one bit, things like this make the person next time even if they do hear something, to keep it to themselves, at least they wont have to worry about folks getting mad at them as if they organized the event. Noone is obligated to anyone here, please please lets try to be civil in our responses.
Oga Napolean much thanks for passing on the info, please ignore any of the remarks made and to others who have things of this nature, please do share, God Bless

look@ folks like greentree who obviously benefited from it all!
greentree:

today was a confirmation that i must move to Nigeria and partake in the cake the country is too much and is changing fast wink. i got much more than stock

market advice from the gurus grin. i hail Seun for this platform. do london diasporians know that we have people with experience and great ideas willing to

assist us. does anybody know Otunba Dele Balogun who stays in essex and contributes to the advancement of the diaspora or Alh Bamanga Tukur who

Do people know about the great oppurtunities existing with the NEPZA initiative and other incentives for diasporians. Londoncool I was told you are a

well known in the diaspora and you were a regular contributor with moneywise so Oga Sir i am hailing you grin

Do you know that most weekends big guys within London and those who are in town rub minds at the Hilton Paddington or Metropole or Wazobia

restruant and people can freely attend. My eyes are now shinning bright grin I am facing Abuja full force from henceforth. Today i laughed tire when heard

that in portharcort they make money-abuja they share it and london or gidi they spend it. Nigeria i hail thee.

Mallam Napolean i am hail you. Today taught me there are many silent readers and big guns in nairaland. Seyi please call me make we yarn

Well meaning folks are on here, and we are all blessed to be a part of this all. Thanks for sharing greentree and all those "silent readers" grin Abeg my yankee folks, where una dey ooooo grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 4:24am On Mar 09, 2008
These seems  to be hope for Transcorpse advocates afterall. grin grin grin

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 4:54am On Mar 09, 2008
Ak,pumpin & others

D'you guys have the following info;

1. The level of subscription of the first inland bank po

2.Their outstanding shares

I need the above info because there's a house that wants to cross 3million units for me @ 11.90,I've been foot-dragging ever since,but now that it's coming off TS next week,I need the above info to make my call.I must have an idea of the direction the price will move post-TS
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 5:13am On Mar 09, 2008
Naijadr:

ok folks Oga Napolean merely mentioned it in passing, what if he hadnt done so nko?
why this annoyance because venue changed, almost making it seem as if he forced anyone to show up. Thats not cool one bit, things like this make the person next time even if they do hear something, to keep it to themselves, at least they wont have to worry about folks getting mad at them as if they organized the event. Noone is obligated to anyone here, please please lets try to be civil in our responses.
Oga Napolean much thanks for passing on the info, please ignore any of the remarks made and to others who have things of this nature, please do share, God Bless

look@ folks like greentree who obviously benefited from it all!Well meaning folks are on here, and we are all blessed to be a part of this all. Thanks for sharing greentree and all those "silent readers" grin Abeg my yankee folks, where una dey ooooo grin
Girl, it's like you read my mind. This is the kind of spirit that would kill this forum or drive good natured folks away. Please let's check the entitlement attitude at the door. Elder Napolean, Wanajo, Pumping, AKT, Frank, Windy and the rest ARE NOT BEING PAID by Seun or anyone else for sharing information on the forum. WE DO NOT PAY THEIR SALARIES. Heck Seun doesn't even charge us for caucausing here. Elder Napolean didn't force anyone to leave their houses. He didn't request for gate fees. He merely mentioned it in passing. Abi bawo l'eniyan mase se oore daran nitori Olorun? (how person go try do good and people go dey attack 'am for God's sake). Greentree and others who were able to attend and Oga Napolean, please wetin una eat remain for your kontiri people for North America? SOS osiso.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 5:18am On Mar 09, 2008
rasputinn:

Ak,pumpin & others

I need the above info because there's a house that wants to cross 3million units for me @ 11.90,I've been foot-dragging ever since,but now that it's coming off TS next week,I need the above info to make my call.I must have an idea of the direction the price will move post-TS
first Inland Bank is already off TS and drop almost 5% on friday to 12.64 naira. I would stay away if i'm you. Will most likely go lower. Caveat emptor applies.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 5:35am On Mar 09, 2008
It's official now,Nigerias own Samuel "The Nigerian nightmare"Peter knocked out Olev Maskaev in the sixth round to become the unified world boxing council WBC heavyweight champion of the world.The guy was so excited after the victory that he mumbled through the name of our dear president during his post-match interview.I'm sure the President will understand.Congratulations Nigeria
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 5:45am On Mar 09, 2008
rasputinn:

Ak,pumpin & others

@
Aktopgun(sorry about the result of the FA Q final) and Pumping ;the above question is still valid (all caveat noted before hand)because I'm unaware that it's off TS already and the record I have says it closed @ 13.30 on Friday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:03am On Mar 09, 2008
greentree:

restruant and people can freely attend. My eyes are now shinning bright grin I am facing Abuja full force from henceforth. Today i laughed  tire when heard

@greentree, the above writeup you made was why I wrote something in my blog about the topic 'mass exodus of young Nigerians abroad, blessing or curse?' there are other rich Nigerian contents there. like the topic, 'business in Nigeria'.

maybe you should check it out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oawele: 7:12am On Mar 09, 2008
i cant imagine this. i paid in a cheque that was given to me by one of my stock brokers into my account. i went to the bank to check how far and my bank is telling me to go to the branch where my account is residence and REPRESENT the cheque, as in repay in the same cheque.
does this make sense? how any one heard of this before? angry dont understand!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:50am On Mar 09, 2008
Apekanuko:

Bros, i sabi that one small. Price per Earning Ratio based on current stock price and EPS estimate.  Eeemmmm i i sabi  PE,EPS, DIV Yield,PAT,ROI, MKT CAP, etc
I learn that one when i been do trainee for bank 4 naija before i run bak to Engrng.But na d advance ones about aladura candles and RSI and all na im confuse me pass OBJ family sex scandal. And una sabi say as una don dey deal this market longer, una go get better experience.

Bros Supo, Na God hand i dey with those LEAD people o. Las week na so i no fit concentrate for work dey burn phone card to call them after my Ajebo broker tok say make i fund  my account wey money dey well inside.So tey them dey argue with me say i join them 2003 when i joined 2007.Na d money i wan take buy sometin quik before them loss am again as them don fix d problem, i give them 5/10 score. capiche!

apekanuko, on the highlighted part, i can assure u i havent been buying stock as long as u think. just have an appetite for it and do a lot of reading and listening. thats all it takes. try stockcharts.com for starters on the Tech analysis terms. if u go back on this thread the meanings of some of them have been explained at some point or another as well. its not as hard as u think but as with any new habit u are trying to form it requires discipline and consistency plus a few late nights (not many though cheesy)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:17am On Mar 09, 2008
@
age-mate windywendy( grin), my men pumping et Easimoni, my big bros wanajo et elder napoleon, colleagues naijadr et blueband, senior bros' frankiriri, my sis yodiyokun, the invisible man, Shigidi ooo!!, lover man ololufemi, the one and only FOF2 and of course all the other fellas and fellettes

i would like to register my commendation on here loud and clear on all ur helpful insightful posts. We are all the better for it whether we acknowledge it or not. i know u all as anyone else on here, are not obligated to divulge any info but u still do. i for one (sure i speak for many others) appreciate it.

it was elder napleon who made a statement that has stuck with me since he wrote it. he said " we come from a culture of respect". Windy also said a while back, "this forum is based on mutual respect". I find this absolutely the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

If u live in the diaspora u would understand more why the lack of the culture of respect has eroded values in these otherwise succesful societies and they are fighting tooth and nail ot get it back. We have been blessed with that culture. lets not lose it. lets learn from those who have lost it and are now seeking it like gold.

thank u all for smoothening the learning process for the topgun. U will reap as u have sown.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:25am On Mar 09, 2008
@roughcut et ioma, u are both appreciated as well. my guys. thanks for the help
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 8:30am On Mar 09, 2008
@Aktopgun, its you we should be thanking here! Your insightful posts have taken this forum higher, we will continue to respect you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 8:37am On Mar 09, 2008
!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 9:39am On Mar 09, 2008
@Naijadr and @Aktopgun!

Very well said, on this yeye tension. I am baffled by the missplaced aggression. I just don't get it.

My sista, I really hope the yankee folks come forward, there is so much to learn. BTW, great job with the bid positions, it has been busy for me and this week won't be any better.

@Aktopgunner!!!

nottin, I just dey hail you grin grin grin

@Oshkosh and co discussing moving back to naija, abeg keep the gist alive, it has been on my mind too.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 9:42am On Mar 09, 2008
deleted double post
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:09am On Mar 09, 2008
It is always important to know how your investments are performing from time to time; you will likely want to know how your different investments in various Companies are performing. This will be with a view to finding out how your decisions have helped you make or lose money. Some people will want to sell a stock that has made a 25 percent profit for then, after all commissions and taxes have been removed.

An effective monitoring program should provide you with sufficient information to evaluate the investments strengths and weaknesses, and help you find out on time if your investment objectives are likely to be met or not. Monitoring should include some analysis of not only what happened, but why.
There are two types of stock performance measurements:

1. Performance measurement

2. Performance evaluation

Performance measurement is a technical accounting function that computes the return of your whole stock portfolio.

Performance evaluation on the other hand is a function that uses the information generated by performance measurement to determine what contributed to, or detracted from the portfolios return.

Nigerian securities site has some good portfolio management tools.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:59am On Mar 09, 2008
I have this feeling that the market will still see some loss of value for many stocks. The bears seem to be setting up a big stand on the floors of the exchange. They want to run the shows for some time.

I intend to exit all my profitable positions and lie in wait for the bears to do their magic. If they beat the market silly, so many opportunity will surface for me to re enter with force.

Who else could second my opinion as to the bears ruling for some time from next week?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 11:03am On Mar 09, 2008
gabza:

said " we come from a culture of respect----

The foundation of Respect is Trust and Integrity and not necessarily age.
We "dobale" for people who spend looted public funds in London and we cry about under-development
I assess Nigerians by their every word and action-Gone are the days when anything goes

You guys are great!!

Gabza,

If you still dey vex, make you cool temper abeg as tori never reach that side and for my village we no dey assess our seniors before we begin give them respect oh, if person old pass you na im be say the way to yan with am and even chop with am must show respect oh and that goes for everything.

As na both of us dey this London na im i say make i hail you oh because the thing where old man they see wen im siddon, small picking no dey see with binoculars oh.

All nairalanders  I HAIL YOU
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dejavoe(m): 11:40am On Mar 09, 2008
@orisebawo

na talk u talk so OOOo
what goes round comes back round, we all we not want the younger ones when we old to disrespect us.

so keep the culture of Respect rolling HOUSE,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 12:34pm On Mar 09, 2008
|
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dejavoe(m): 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2008
@gabza

i seems to now get where u coming from o jare, i'll say Respect those who respect dem self. The unlooted Elders
but as per the looted old poli, u knw dem make i no call their name in full, i myself will even pour engine Oil on dem
if i come across any. Those barawo bansa'z

grin grin grin grin angry angry angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2008
Some people just need to grow up with the way they reason. I reserve my comments lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2008
gabza:

said " we come from a culture of respect----

The foundation of Respect is Trust and Integrity and not necessarily age.
We "dobale" for people who spend looted public funds in London and we cry about under-development
I assess Nigerians by their every word and action-Gone are the days when anything goes

You guys are great!!

i do not recollect mentioning the culture of respect being predicated on age in my post but now that u've brought it up, yes age is one of the "foundations" of respect. it can't be extricated from it no matter how loud we shout. Of course trust and integrity are foundations as well.
Look, u respect someone because they have earned ur trust
u respect someone because they've shown integrity u appreciate
and finally u should repect someone because they are older than u.

even here wey we dey look as yardstick, listen to the news or read the newspaper on any day of the week, there is an outcry on how the young people of today have lost that respect based on age. u can't know whether someone is trustworthy or has integrity if u don't know them personally but u can probably guess when they are older than u. Are u now not going to show respect till they prove they are people of integrity or trustworthy? C'mon. let's be reaL.
I am sure u have people in ur life like most of us do, who have shown themselves to be untrustworthy and without integrity many times over. are u not going to dobale or kneel down still to greet them when u see them if they are older than u?

i do not support sycophancy at all but lets not throw the baby out with the bath water hmmm.
On nairaland, many people if not all, have shown themselves selfless, respectful and their brother's keeper. what other show of integrity or trust do we need?

this forum has thrived on that culture of mutual respect and its for any of the newer members to imbibe that culture when they join.
i dont know what forums people have been on before this one but i get the sense that anything goes on those forums and a brother on here has actually said in the past on here how he ran from another forum because of the abuse and aggro and the like on those forums.

thats not the case here. this particular thread if it continues as it is could be a force to reckon with in the investing horizon of the NSE in the near future if we continue this culture of respect and the spirit of sharing that makes the thread what it is. people are beginning to take notice of it even in nigeria and of course amongst nigerians in the diaspora. if it were in any other country it may be reported in the media even. lets not trash what we've so painstakingly built.

remember, no matter how mant new clothes a child has, he can never have as many rags as an elder. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:08pm On Mar 09, 2008
@texas

where u been man.

wassup. hope all is well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 4:10pm On Mar 09, 2008
may all those who disrepects their elders,experience the same faith in their old age.
some people wants to bring down this thread,but na lie be that.
if you go to a party without an invitation,you know what the outcome might be.
too much charnting and rarnting or wether you are in or out ,who cares?
it changes nothing.by the way,how much would have paid for the knowledge to be gained?
its not your lucky day,so let it be,some people were lucky to get in and we can see that it wasnt invain.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:19pm On Mar 09, 2008
rasputinn:

Ak,pumpin & others

Forget this deal. First Inland is out of TS and started with a 5% max loss as expected to end at N12.64. I expect this to be the pattern and will not be surprised if it drops below N11.90 next week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.