Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,796 members, 7,851,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (818733 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:06pm On Mar 10, 2008
@crazyT

Omo nice to see u jare. no dey commot like dat again o  grin grin. na because u no dey the thread come be like baghdad!! dem for see craze  cheesy

i have written the small i see for IEI (Intenegins).  for all u know u may not have long to wait. the eternal bulls must to notice this slide and are sure to be aiming to pick it up at these low prices for CICO purposes.

on Unitybank  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed the candle today was even worse but i think it will have to bottom out sooner than later or we will be experiencing one of the biggest sell offs in NSE recent history o!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 10:09pm On Mar 10, 2008
babagboin:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
savvylanre[b][/b],
your conspiracy theory pass the great prophet el fayed own walahi grin grin grin grin grin grin my brother i no be blueband o, infact my heart sank seriously when i saw his post about retiring as he has been one of the guys that has blessed me seriously in the past, he has always been humble, funny and easy -going(chei make i no praise am too much before savvy will take dt as further proof of double personality o grin grin grin grin wink. anyway i really hope and pray he changes his mind.

i will seriously keep learning and by God's grace in the near future when i can be a blessing via info and tips as i have been blessed i will come out of the woodworks again.

LOL grin grin grin you wan try my conspiracy theory, i go soon fish out Blueband, if the guy no return,

BTW - Did you all see Insurance this monday, need tomorrow to confirm the reverse, quick CICO for most Peeps,

Oga Pumping - you are spot on with MB,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 10:16pm On Mar 10, 2008
aktopgun:

@crazyT

Omo nice to see u jare. no dey commot like that again o grin grin. na because u no dey the thread come be like baghdad!! them for see craze cheesy

i have written the small i see for IEI (Intenegins). for all u know u may not have long to wait. the eternal bulls must to notice this slide and are sure to be aiming to pick it up at these low prices for CICO purposes.

on Unitybank lipsrsealed lipsrsealed the candle today was even worse but i think it will have to bottom out sooner than later or we will be experiencing one of the biggest sell offs in NSE recent history o!!

Alaye!!! No talk am o because we no dey hear bad thing for Abore mouth cheesy
I have about 4.5m inside that place, and more than 2m for IEI make all my Afroil and Capoil money no go enter kalokalo o cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2008
grabdaloot:

mshoo,

@ Risky
I dey feel you for this AGLEVENT loot  (sigh). Oversmart don wound this monkey bad. me I sell for 8.5 dey feel like sharpiro see na e don double and fit quadruple because triple dey assured.

My brother its not only you that has been caught in the OVERSMART trap.  I was soooooooooo oversmart over my Japaul that up till now, I am feeling guilty having to chase it at N12.  I piled up Japaul during the TS to offload post TS, but ANALYSIS PARALYSIS, AND OVERSMARTLYSIS wounded me beyond recognition.  You remember at a point it hovered around N8. and N8.05, for fear that it would fall, I sold all my Japaul, and just as if the market was watching me, the following market sessions, the thing began to waka, like play, play, play, at a point I thought it was typographical errors each time I saw the price, until the people that bought from me were evening counting more than 80% profit, and yet me that held it for months ran away with only 14% or thereabout.  It is not a lesson I will forget in a hurry!  It was the same day I sold my CILeasing in my portfolio with those stockbrokers that are still using manual typewriters in this computer age, that the price started moving up.  Those who bought from have made more than 75% from me within just a few weeks.  I wish I have forgotten these experiences.

So e be like say, na this thing make chineke God come make me enter Leventis.  Anyhow the slightest candlelight now I don bail fully.   Their Dividend no de pass 9k abi na 10, 10k grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ACL(m): 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2008
Savvylance,

thanks. am very gratefull.
this is what i know this forum for until??
make i no talk.

thanks once again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 10:23pm On Mar 10, 2008
@ Aktopgun, Risky, Yodi, Wendy, Pumping777 et al

Why the sudden hullabaloo about Big Treat? I thought we all agreed they are going on PO very soon? Or am I missing something?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2008
crazyT:

Alaye!!! No talk am o because  we no dey hear bad thing for Abore mouth  cheesy
I have about 4.5m inside that place, and more than 2m for IEI make all my Afroil and Capoil money no go enter kalokalo o  cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy.

but seriously, o ga ju. all this large large money for CICO. u get steel cahonnes o.  anyway, even if it odesnt work out in the immediate short term, u will just wait for it to climb back up. what else can u do other than sell at a loss. God forbid!  cheesy cheesy

now that we have talked about it, for all u know it may show signs of recovery tomorrow  cheesy

i am keeping an eye on it too.

Blueband where art thou?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:29pm On Mar 10, 2008
crazyT:

@ Aktopgun, Risky, Yodi, Wendy, Pumping777 et al

Why the sudden hullabaloo about Big Treat? I thought we all agreed they are going on PO very soon? Or am I missing something?

their bread is too sweet for me just now but Windy likes it so i would take another look at it just for that. i think the P.O story is a definite isnt it? its just a case of when i guess.

Aktopgun out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Uluo(f): 10:30pm On Mar 10, 2008
Oga AKTopgun,
Thanks for the insight. Be like say I go cut my losses and move out of IEI. GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:33pm On Mar 10, 2008
crazyT:

At last, just gone for 2 days and I have to read so many pages in other to meet up, the annoying thing is that more than two third of the post are irrelevant i.e. peeps bad mouthing  each other on a money making thread. I bow for una o!!!

@ Blueband
Homeboy no commot o, abi na who a go come dey disclose all my ignorant loots to?

@Aktopgun

I wan see wetin your candle talk for IEI o because the thing don tire me, I get about 930,000KG for the thing bought at 1.93 before the reconstruction (that is 5.79) the thing just dey dance Michael Jackson moonwalk  grin

Make man pickin just cut im losses and waka abi wetin you think?

Got into Unity without waiting for your whistle , I dey hear am hot now o but I go hang in sha!

Only few things are as DISSAPPOINTING as unsuccessful CICO, RIRO, DIDO, JIJO grin My own IEI has turned to Local Energy Insurance. Very dissappointing. cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 10:33pm On Mar 10, 2008
aktopgun:

cheesy cheesy cheesy.

but seriously, o ga ju. all this large large money for CICO. u get steel cahonnes o.  anyway, even if it odesnt work out in the immediate short term, u will just wait for it to climb back up. what else can u do other than sell at a loss. God forbid!  cheesy cheesy

now that we have talked about it, for all u know it may show signs of recovery tomorrow  cheesy

i am keeping an eye on it too.

Blueband where art thou?

Omo either big or small risk na risk  cheesy and no death wey no please fowl.
I think I'll just turn them all to medium to long term bi dat. Just like my Fidelity.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ACL(m): 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2008
nkc
its true o. only 1000-4999 got full alotments.
5000- above got 90%, 80% etc till it got to 50%.

God forbid bad thing. i have to get this anti PO vaccination,

please which health care center gives this vaccination & i hope its free.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ACL(m): 10:42pm On Mar 10, 2008
Aktopgun,Crazy T,

NSE i hail u.

House , please what are the fundamentals pushing VONO that it has rise above his brother VITAFOAM that have been holding for 3yrs with 120% gain.bought at N4 ??

Abeg make i jump enter the VONO moving train?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:47pm On Mar 10, 2008
aktopgun:

their bread is too sweet for me just now but Windy likes it so i would take another look at it just for that. i think the P.O story is a definite isnt it? its just a case of when i guess.

Aktopgun out.

AKTOPGUN,
Sincerely, you are easily one of the most selfsacrificing persons I have ever met. Hope you pass on this GREAT QUALITY to your offsprings.  Wishing your son a sound health along with your entire family.  THANKS for all your kindness to me and indeed to everyone who have benefited from your benevolence.  I just felt moved to write you this short piece though we really haven't met face to face.  GREETINGS.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ACL(m): 10:47pm On Mar 10, 2008
and i told this my snail broker to get it at N8 she said it was too high.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AtamMan(m): 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2008
@Akatopgun
Abeg what texts would you recommend for one who is keen on learning about TA and Candle gazing wink
More grease to your elbows for the attempt to put out the pestilence that has overtaken this forum. Abeg pple make una chill, it does not look good on our country if a non-Nigerian were to stumble onto this, hitherto great, forum and believe that we are true to stereotype.
Abeg,make una sheath the weapons.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2008
ACL:

Aktopgun,Crazy T,

NSE i hail u.

House , please what are the fundamentals pushing VONO that it has rise above his brother VITAFOAM that have been holding for 3yrs with 120% gain.bought at N4 ??

Abeg make i jump enter the VONO moving train?

Beware of a moving train o  grin

On a serious note I heard something good is on the way for Vitafoam but I still need to re-confirm the story from another source.
But if I were you I'll still wait like 2 more weeks before making any moves.

Caveat emptor plenty o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:55pm On Mar 10, 2008
Seriously, has anyone cast a spell on DANGOTE SUGAR?? Let them release their result quick naa. The entire analysts in the world have recommended it, and yet it refused to be recommended.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2008
Why your stock lost today

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 11:00pm On Mar 10, 2008
ACL:

and i told this my snail broker to get it at N8 she said it was too high.

Wetin concern Agbero with over load?  cheesy  I hate it when brokers gives unsolicited advises, instead of your broker to tell you say she no fit get the thing like all dem Agbero brokers she dey yan okpata  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 11:01pm On Mar 10, 2008
@Blueband

We urge you not to go. If you vex with your brother or sister for house e no mean say you go pack commot for house.

No one is perfect. We learn everyday!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 11:14pm On Mar 10, 2008
debenzd:

@Blueband

We learn everyday!

Except TODAY grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 11:27pm On Mar 10, 2008
Omo e gba mi o!!!  embarassed

I just noticed I have committed one of the biggest offences in CICOLOGY; last Thursday before I left for my small vacation in Antwerp (Belgium) I prepared my selling mandate for UTC but for unexplainable reason I forget to send the mail.
I was just updating my portfolio now when I realized that the UTC mail is still pending.
The thing don waka from about 42% profit to about 28% today.

Which kin wahala bi this now? If I say make I re-send the mandate now, before that my (Ajebo) broker could sell the thing maybe another 10% go still commot

Abegi my people make I still send the selling order or una think say better still dey for this okro soup?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stocknrock: 12:03am On Mar 11, 2008
I might not be an insightful poster on this thread as I do not have up to date stock market tips

But I have made money from this thread as have alot of people.

and I really do not care how old you are, or how achieved you are, or how many units of each stock you hold. It all doesnt matter as this is a faceless forum.

If you are not willing to disclose your account balance, or portfolio balance then you do not have to disclose your name, age or any other personal data of yours.

The only one thing I think should be different amongst everyone on this forum should be their wealth of knowledge and how they intend to share it with others.

As long as this remains a faceless forum I believe myself to be a female or male or young or old, it all doesnt matter, we are sharing stock market tips and I do not think it necessary to deviate from that up until a point whereby we start calling each other names over matters that don't pertain to the stock market.

I have enjoyed reading each post on this forum, as I am a silent reader and my hand is always on the refresh button. Right now I have so many CICO opportunities but not enough money to put in all of them, thanks to all the gurus who are sharing their knowledge relentlessly on this forum.

I do not plan for the knowledge sharing to end as I still have alot of money to be made from the NSE as do alot of us here.

So I kindly indulge everyone here, regardless of your age or status to kindly BEHAVE AND RESPECT YOURSELF

Thanks all Folks!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 12:29am On Mar 11, 2008
stocknrock:

I might not be an insightful poster on this thread as I do not have up to date stock market tips

But I have made money from this thread as have alot of people.

and I really do not care how old you are, or how achieved you are, or how many units of each stock you hold. It all doesnt matter as this is a faceless forum.

If you are not willing to disclose your account balance, or portfolio balance then you do not have to disclose your name, age or any other personal data of yours.

The only one thing I think should be different amongst everyone on this forum should be their wealth of knowledge and how they intend to share it with others.

As long as this remains a faceless forum I believe myself to be a female or male or young or old, it all doesnt matter, we are sharing stock market tips and I do not think it necessary to deviate from that up until a point whereby we start calling each other names over matters that don't pertain to the stock market.

I have enjoyed reading each post on this forum, as I am a silent reader and my hand is always on the refresh button. Right now I have so many CICO opportunities but not enough money to put in all of them, thanks to all the gurus who are sharing their knowledge relentlessly on this forum.

I do not plan for the knowledge sharing to end as I still have alot of money to be made from the NSE as do alot of us here.

So I kindly indulge everyone here, regardless of your age or status to kindly BEHAVE AND RESPECT YOURSELF

Thanks all Folks!

and your point is ? 
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 12:32am On Mar 11, 2008
Beswyt wrote:

"#20369 on: Yesterday at 09:48:52 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI EVERYBODY. I appreciate the goog work you guys are doing here it shows a lot of LOVE and RESPECT.  i want to be part of this thread.
please can someone tell whether to sell transcorp or hold. thanks you all. "

@ Beswyt

I take it you did not buy Transcorp at 50 kobo?
Whether you sell or hold depends on what you wish to do with the money.

If there is a sure opportunity then you can always sell at a loss to use the money elsewhere.

Note that before the minister of miscommunication made his announcement Transcorp was gaining maximum daily.
I don't know why this was the case or whether the impetus has changed.

Goodluck.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igetwicked: 12:41am On Mar 11, 2008
IEI-I think you should move it into your long term portfolio.Good stock,good company but it needs to diversify it's operations.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 12:53am On Mar 11, 2008
@ Nairalanders,

This from Tuesday's Punch:

"NITEL: FG, Transcorp open talks with Vodacom
By Everest Amaefule, Abuja
Published: Tuesday, 11 Mar 2008
There were indications on Monday that the Federal Government and Transnational Corporation have initiated moves to bring in Vodacom of South Africa as core investor in the Nigerian Telecommunications Limited and its mobile subsidiary, the Nigerian Mobile Telecommunications Limited,

The Federal Government, which currently holds 49 per cent equity, and Transcorp, which holds 51 per cent equity in the telecom companies, had recently agreed on the need to bring in a new core investor that had the expertise and resources to turn around the First National Operator.

According to the terms of the agreement, the new investor would be offered 51 per cent equity to enable it have a firm control of the management and operations of the telecom companies.

The 51 per cent will be contributed by the Federal Government, 24 per cent; and the Transcorp, 27 per cent. This will leave the Federal Government with 25 per cent, while Transcorp will retain 24 per cent.

Apart from Vodacom, which had at a time shown interest in NITEL along with its parent company, Telkom of South Africa, our correspondent learnt that two other European companies are also being spoken to as potential investors in the telecom firms.

The 25 per cent equity left for the Federal Government may be split between the Nigerian Communications Satellite Limited and Investors International of London Limited.

These are part of the recommendations of the Technical Committee of the National Council on Privatisation headed by the Vice-President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

IILL had bid $1.317bn for 51 per cent equity in NITEL in the first attempt to sell the company in 2002.

However, it could not raise the money to pay for the shares when the Bureau of Public Enterprises invited it to pay.

It lost the $100m it had paid as deposit for the transaction, and this might have formed part of the reasoning to accommodate the company in the new shareholding arrangement."

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 1:33am On Mar 11, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 2:25am On Mar 11, 2008
http://aptsecurities.com/undervalue.php

na wa o! only Gabza fit upload such crazy recommendations. people take time o. these price projections are highly unrealistic. shocked

Gabza there is a bed awaiting you at the Maudsley  tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 2:39am On Mar 11, 2008
Invisible Ndewo

great blog man. spot on. can people contribute or is it read only?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igetwicked: 2:50am On Mar 11, 2008
Seriously Greentree when I posted earlier on that you should go back to the tree you came down from,I thought it was meant to be a joke.But now I am dead serious.

Did you say you have a wife?Na waoh!I weep for her. cry cry cry cry

I want to safely assume you are not a doctor,so to be recommending someone to The Maudsley it means you must have a bed there.Who unchained you?I remember the story of "Alaye" who came to London,plaited his hair,wore ear rings but everytime he opened his mouth he pronounced "HOUSE" as "OUSE","HI" as "I","EVERYBODY" as "HEVERYBODY".And there are still many of them in London,eg-Greentree.From your posts it is very obvious you don't belong "ERE".

Find your level Greentree and before I forget ,say "I" to your wife.

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.