Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,459 members, 7,843,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817653 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jungle700: 7:45pm On Aug 28, 2007
@ easimoni
M Benefit has 5.911B outstanding shares - Does this number of shares include the public offer that was done sometimes last year. Pls see below

Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc plans to raise N2.4 billion by offering for subscription, four billion ordinary shares of 50 kobo each at 60 kobo per share. The application list opens on 6th September 2006 and closes on 29th September 2006. According to the prospectus, “the purpose is to enable the company meet NAICOM’s minimum capital requirement for insurance companies and for possible consolidation with other insurance companies.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bioye(m): 8:09pm On Aug 28, 2007
Some weeks back dollypcute was asking about First Inland's performance, well, I'm still stumped, does anyone have an idea of what's driving its price now and if there's any respite soon? Thanks. See this attached graph from karakataonline.com

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by GREATPROFT: 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2007
Rain Profit Ltd is a private investment company. where experience and technology are a winning combination. We run this program off-line prior to launching it on the internet. We are strong team of traders and have been working successfully together for almost 8 years. You can be certain that your investment will be handled by a group of qualified professionals. we have been providing our services online through rainprofit.com. Our team consists of experienced investment advisors, skilled market analysts, professional traders and legal experts. Highly trained and educated, each member of our team possesses extensive practical experience in the investment and trading industry. The strong sense of unity within our team has always played an important role in accomplishment of our successful investment performance. The rapid realization of our goals is a testament to the benefits of working with a dedicated, experienced and professional team from the very start of our operation.

Our company has a wide array of expertise in the investment world including, real estate, oil production, forex, stock and commodity trading. Being proficient in a range of fields allows us to achieve our three main investment goals: higher yields, diversification of assets, and the minimization of risks. We are involved in real estate development in Southeast Asia and Eastern Europe, two of the most rapidly growing regions of the world. In addition, we participate in a variety of investment projects related to the search and development of new oil fields in highly promising areas of the globe. These areas include, but are not limited to, the Caspian Basin, the Russian Far East and the Arctic continental shelf. Offline, our business activities compliment our online business activities which comprise of forex, stock and commodity trading. Continuous efforts, ceaseless pursuit of perfection, careful analysis and first-class trading techniques have made it possible for us to achieve all of our trading goals at minimum costs.

The values that our company holds dear are shared by our employees in all parts of the world. These values define and direct the manner in which we attain our professional goals. Each individual member of our team is greatly respected and valued for the skills and knowledge that they provide to our company. This mutual respect allows us to work together in a way that is fulfilling both professionally and personally. One of our main strengths is the high degree of communication within the team. As a result, each employee is able to work in a kind of environment that allows for the free exchange of thoughts and information and in turn, makes it possible for us to manage and resolve difficult situations in a prompt and skillful manner.

---------------------------------------------------------
Please visit our website for more details.
http://www.rainprofit.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by antons697: 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2007
Does anybody know what is happening with Zenith? Why is the thing falling like a tree?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by boysteve1(m): 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2007
GREATPROFT:

Rain Profit Ltd is a private investment company. where experience and technology are a winning combination. We run this program off-line prior to launching it on the internet. We are strong team of traders and have been working successfully together for almost 8 years. You can be certain that your investment will be handled by a group of qualified professionals. we have been providing our services online through rainprofit.com. Our team consists of experienced investment advisors, skilled market analysts, professional traders and legal experts. Highly trained and educated, each member of our team possesses extensive practical experience in the investment and trading industry. The strong sense of unity within our team has always played an important role in accomplishment of our successful investment performance. The rapid realization of our goals is a testament to the benefits of working with a dedicated, experienced and professional team from the very start of our operation.

Our company has a wide array of expertise in the investment world including, real estate, oil production, forex, stock and commodity trading. Being proficient in a range of fields allows us to achieve our three main investment goals: higher yields, diversification of assets, and the minimization of risks. We are involved in real estate development in Southeast Asia and Eastern Europe, two of the most rapidly growing regions of the world. In addition, we participate in a variety of investment projects related to the search and development of new oil fields in highly promising areas of the globe. These areas include, but are not limited to, the Caspian Basin, the Russian Far East and the Arctic continental shelf. Offline, our business activities compliment our online business activities which comprise of forex, stock and commodity trading. Continuous efforts, ceaseless pursuit of perfection, careful analysis and first-class trading techniques have made it possible for us to achieve all of our trading goals at minimum costs.

The values that our company holds dear are shared by our employees in all parts of the world. These values define and direct the manner in which we attain our professional goals. Each individual member of our team is greatly respected and valued for the skills and knowledge that they provide to our company. This mutual respect allows us to work together in a way that is fulfilling both professionally and personally. One of our main strengths is the high degree of communication within the team. As a result, each employee is able to work in a kind of environment that allows for the free exchange of thoughts and information and in turn, makes it possible for us to manage and resolve difficult situations in a prompt and skillful manner.

---------------------------------------------------------
Please visit our website for more details.
http://www.rainprofit.com

This fool this place is not for someone like u jooo, jaaaaaaaa b4 i decend on u!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by alliednetw(m): 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2007
A client
of mine went to the registrar to verify and offload his over 100,000units and he was advised to wait for the results in Sept. before selling so that he can make appreciable margin.I hope it happens.I think that may speak for the sudden increase in volume daily traded in the past days
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2007
which stockbroking firm do u work for?
i hav a fren in naija who wants to open an a/c,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Okiki: 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2007
@easimoni
Your expected PAT for MBenefit might be a bit too high unless their result improves dramatically. The half year result was just over 400m, the result was released but not well publicised. On ther other hand, C & I to me has capacity to grow their earnings dramatically. Remember they just acquire 2 vessels and their attempt to acquire contrlling share in Ghana 2nd larged leasing company is still on going.

I believe both MBenefit and C & I are good if you are looking at 12 months frame.

Easimoni, do you know the total share outstanding for Standard alliance and Soverign trust?? Need to do some analysis on them. Wapic is getting close to a very good buy point too. They will have unbeatable earnings in the sector for sure!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2007
jungle700:

@ easimoni
M Benefit has 5.911B outstanding shares - Does this number of shares include the public offer that was done sometimes last year. Please see below

Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc plans to raise N2.4 billion by offering for subscription, four billion ordinary shares of 50 kobo each at 60 kobo per share. The application list opens on 6th September 2006 and closes on 29th September 2006. According to the prospectus, “the purpose is to enable the company meet NAICOM’s minimum capital requirement for insurance companies and for possible consolidation with other insurance companies.

The 4B shares were 94.71% subscribed = 3.788B shares. they had 2.123B shares prior to the PO. Total is now 5.911B
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:46pm On Aug 28, 2007
Okiki:

@easimoni
Your expected PAT for MBenefit might be a bit too high unless their result improves dramatically. The half year result was just over 400m, the result was released but not well publicised. On ther other hand, C & I to me has capacity to grow their earnings dramatically. Remember they just acquire 2 vessels and their attempt to acquire contrlling share in Ghana 2nd larged leasing company is still on going.

I believe both MBenefit and C & I are good if you are looking at 12 months frame.

Easimoni, do you know the total share outstanding for Standard alliance and Soverign trust?? Need to do some analysis on them. Wapic is getting close to a very good buy point too. They will have unbeatable earnings in the sector for sure!!

U are maybe the 3rd person today to mention this N400M interim result. I never saw it and it's not on the NSE or proshare websites. Oya, make una direct me.

Standard Alliance = 3.47B
Sovereign Trust = 3.51B

And before u ask, I'm sure. wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 10:51pm On Aug 28, 2007
easimoni:

You are maybe the 3rd person today to mention this N400M interim result. I never saw it and it's not on the NSE or proshare websites. Oya, make una direct me.

Standard Alliance = 3.47B
Sovereign Trust = 3.51B

And before u ask, I'm sure. wink

Try this link
http://www.fsdhsecurities.com/WeeklyInfo/NL060807.pdf
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2007
Temmie, muchas gracias!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:06am On Aug 29, 2007
easimoni:

Temmie, muchas gracias!
Bro easimoni pls dont tell me you will start calculating the EPS and P/E for us in Spanish:-)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 6:58am On Aug 29, 2007
bug79x

fye 2007 (around march 2008) is judgement day for mutual benefit, lasaco et al, but we won't be able to take position then so one is jus moving before hand.

besides, is there anything u know about law union that u want to share?, surely there must be mo than "it should be watched"

p.s. the numbers for std alliance insurance are looking good (but i dun know much abt this company), forward pe of 17, correct me if i am wrong
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:52am On Aug 29, 2007
Temmie10:

bug79x

fye 2007 (around march 2008) is judgement day for mutual benefit, lasaco et al, but we won't be able to take position then so one is jus moving before hand.

besides, is there anything u know about law union that u want to share?, surely there must be mo than "it should be watched"

p.s. the numbers for std alliance insurance are looking good (but i dun know much about this company), forward pe of 17, correct me if i am wrong

There are many behind the scenes moves going on with insurance companies. Most have merged and are still planning mergers and acquistions. They only rode the tide of the bullish run on the NSE. Historical PE's of insurance companies is about 7.00. The dividend payout is so small. A large percentage of their profit is put in reserves so don't use the banking sector to evaluate them. They also cover risks.

Thread with caution with insurance stocks. Most analysis are being done with half information. Some comparisons are just funny. PAT comparison pre merger with post merger is not apples for apples comparison. Some also have a debt/equity swap agreement. Get the full audited statement before you committ!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 9:41am On Aug 29, 2007
@ wanaj0

i appreciate your concerns and they are probably very well founded.
However i am sticking to my guns on this one

Historical pe for banking was 6-11 before consolidation too.
i also feel more comfortable buying crusader at a pe of 14 than buying gtb at a pe 0f 30.
that way i can sleep well without even worrying about correction because i know the company has good earnings growth so in any bearish trend, it will rebound.

plus the outlook for insurance in nigeria is huge, a lot of insurance is becoming compulsory,
dividend payout is not all small in insurance, i got 15k dividend for crusader while fcmb gave out 35k and access gave 40k,
if you compare to the prices they are trading, crusader has a higher payout ratio than a lot of banks.

And banks? na them get equity/debt arrangement pass, their capital structures are as complex as possible
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BabyGaddy(f): 10:16am On Aug 29, 2007
Temmie10

I sent u a mail (ur reg email address) and yet to receive a reply, haba na fight!

Pls o, reply my mail, na simply lecture i want and i promise not to beg for money grin

abi ,

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 10:19am On Aug 29, 2007
BabyGaddy:

Temmie10

I sent u a mail (your reg email address) and yet to receive a reply, haba na fight!

Please o, reply my mail, na simply lecture i want and i promise not to beg for money grin

abi ,

Thanks

checked: i haven't got any mail.
try sending again: my email is temietope@gmail.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BabyGaddy(f): 10:39am On Aug 29, 2007
k, try now
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Icon4s(m): 10:46am On Aug 29, 2007
Hhmm BabyGaddy,

Hope you are not trying to toast Temmie 10? wink wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 29, 2007
i was thinking same you too
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Syenite(m): 10:58am On Aug 29, 2007
BabyGaddy,

Send me mail too nowww, I promise to reply immediately. I bi Warri guy and Warri no dey carry last.I hans pass Temmie 10 u know.My e-mail na what3010@yahoo.com.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:04am On Aug 29, 2007
Temmie10:

@ wanaj0

i also feel more comfortable buying crusader at a pe of 14 than buying gtb at a pe 0f 30.
that way i can sleep well without even worrying about correction because i know the company has good earnings growth so in any bearish trend, it will rebound.

plus the outlook for insurance in nigeria is huge, a lot of insurance is becoming compulsory,
dividend payout is not all small in insurance, i got 15k dividend for crusader while fcmb gave out 35k and access gave 40k,
if you compare to the prices they are trading, crusader has a higher payout ratio than a lot of banks.

And banks? na them get equity/debt arrangement pass, their capital structures are as complex as possible

oh yes i concur very much with you on that score. The debt/equity arrangements of the banks is complex its like a maze. i was looking at Access capital structure the other day when i found out they have outstanding loans convertible to equity shares and not just that they also have i think its called debenture stocks also convertible to equity shares not to talk of the preference shares which we do not take into account when calculating our P/e and EPs for this bank. i cannot even imagine how many billion shares of this bank will be listed if a fraction of the debt/equity instruments are converted into ordinary shares
i think in the case of the insûrance stocks it will be small beer compared to our almighty banks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by GideonBL: 11:08am On Aug 29, 2007
Shareholders,
Intended for aspiring Investors in the Merger of IBTC & Standard Bank

View this Link,
http://www.standardbank.co.za/bdv/merger34.dbm?serv=UBA&sn=publisher

Excerpts,
Invitation to Post-merger Business intelligence conference " Standard Bank\IBTC post-merger and The Vision for the West African Banking Industry"

With Standard Bank projected asset base of N323 billion. Standard Group is the largest bank in Africa with over $139 billion (N17.8 trillion) in assets and adopts international best practice in its multicultural operations. The bank is designed to deliver with very strong capability in investment and retail banking, also giving the strong alliance of most multinationals with banks from their home countries. Standard Bank would attract South African firms that are doing or seeking to do business in Nigeria.

Aim of Conference:
-Exposition of innovative and world-class corporate and retail banking products to the Nigerian market.
-The introduction of alternative service channels and delivery of a wide variety of retail lending products such as credit cards, home loans and vehicle and assets finance.
-Emerging capabilities in retail, commercial, corporate and investment banking, best practice credit and risk management capabilities, transactional banking expertise, cash handling processes, deeper experience of operating in emerging markets, stronger global distribution capabilities and more powerful international brand
-Benefiting and post-merger acquisition of the precedented value appreciating Standard Bank shares.

Scheduled for Saturday 8th September, 2007.
TIME: 9a.m
VENUE: Le Meridien Eko Hotel (ark Hall), Victoria Island.

Abuja, Monday 10th September, 2007
TIME: 8a.m
VENUE: Protea Hotels & Inns, Maitama Abuja.

Booking with facilitators, Lombard Portfolio and Securities International (Portfolio Research and Advisory)
[625rands [N5,500 – Basic Tools & Lunch]]
Stanbic Bank Nigeria: 094/00/0128945/01
UBA : 628051-20033 -10670945

Coordinators
Craig Bond,Managing director, South Africa, Standard Bank Africa
Greg Brackenridge, Managing director, West Africa, Standard Bank Africa
Tony Elumelu, Managing director, UBA Group
Atedo Peterside,Managing Director, IBTC Chartered
Warren Koos, Chairman, Lombard Plc

Standard Bank is set to pursue a very aggressive growth strategy for its Nigerian franchise and intends to transform post-merger IBTC into one of Nigeria’s top five banks by 2008 and one-stop shop for corporate and retail financial services. This is expected to result in significant value creation for all stakeholders of post-merger IBTC.

Contacts -Jeff.Peterside@standardbanknigeria.com (09-4347687), Pat.Rhodes@Lombardplc.com (0703 217 0765)

Friends, the post-merger IBTC business intelligence conference will benefit you, provide extensive practical experience and technical capabilities in investment banking, best practice shares acquisition skills, risk management & transactional banking expertise, it was initially intended for south african investors and interested members of ,230\astute investors.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BabyGaddy(f): 11:11am On Aug 29, 2007
Icon4s,

yes o, na boil i want no be toasting o!!! grin

nice one gurl!

u made me laugh
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by deezzle(m): 11:15am On Aug 29, 2007
Hello all,
I am very new to Stocks and i need all d help i can get. I must confess that all i know, i learnt fromm this thread.
I heard about a loan thing that one can get from a bank to by shares. please, advice on which to buy and how. i mean, the whole shebang. I will be very grateful, beleieve me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:31am On Aug 29, 2007
Temmie10:

@ wanaj0

My brother, wishing you all the best!!!!

Hope you have the audited statement of Crusader.

Banks are better regulated than the insurance companies. Just take a look at teh consolidation exercise.

Don't get me wrong, the insurance sector is sitting on a gold mine. However, until all teh facts and figures are out as per the consolidation exercise, you need to thread cautiously. You also need to get the timing right. I am not advocating for or against any of the insurance companies. I know the opportunity that abounds there. But expect surprises when the full result of teh consolidation exercise is out. You need to see how some are 'selling' their Life or non life businesses. You need to see the business combinations going on. So it is difficult to trust and use any of the figures being bandied around to make an informed decision.

Maybe I am a bit wayry because of the ridiculously low price that I bought them then which was even considered expensive by my reckoning!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 11:55am On Aug 29, 2007
@wanaj0

well said,
i am neither for or against any industry too
i have bank stocks and insurance stocks
i am only on the lookout for bargains, and prepared to take some calculated risks in the process if need be

@ALL
Looks like sterling bank is planning a share reconstruction soon. shareholders have given mgmt permission to go ahead with share reconstruction. keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 12:09pm On Aug 29, 2007
concerning the mbenefits 400m result, they should do better in their last half as that was the case last year, im sure they will record at least 100% growth in profit as most of these coys. are doing, however, all the confusion on which coys.will make it might make me take a chill pill on this one.
for now at least wink wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by deezzle(m): 12:40pm On Aug 29, 2007
isnt anyone gonna help me out?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2007
deezle, if u read the last 5 pages of this topic alone. you will know what to buy.
good luck.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aksance: 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2007
peeps, anybody know anything new going on at dunlop?

just saw that the price rallied by 4.88% today. i've been interested in this stock cos of its monopoly in the sector (with exit of michelin) however, its debt situation is terrible,

i'm just thinking, with
* the success of its public offer, raising N9.2bn rather than the projected N5.5bn (http://www.dunlopng.com/subscription.html)
* revenues from the new ASRT factory being reflected this year.

has dunlop turned the corner (i don't want to miss another wapco!! grin)??

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.