Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815615 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by boysteve1(m): 6:41pm On Aug 22, 2007
Uncle easimoni, i email u pls reply again ohhh, thanks a bunch
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 6:46pm On Aug 22, 2007
easimon , i have it on the Nigerian stock exchange website that the EPS of Intercontinental is 1.10 , i also calculated what they paid as dividend through the last 4 quarters and it gave same 1.10 ,please tell me what am not getting right here , below is the link from NSE ;

http://www.nigerianstockexchange.com/quoted_company.jsp?symbol=INTERCONT
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2007
EPS on NSE website is almost always wrong! Dividend is only a fraction of earnings. Collect comapy results (or get them from cashcraft) and calculate your own EPS. OR sign up at FDSH securities. They have mostly correct EPS and PE calculations. But not the NSE website my brother, not the NSE website. cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 6:54pm On Aug 22, 2007
OK bro , i will keep digging for more info from other sources , at the least i got the PE one right , thats a start grin grin

Also do you have link to FDSH securities website ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enolase(m): 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2007
Concerning APT Securities analysis, the problem is that the section on Investment Analysis is not updated frequently.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Vitastraka(m): 4:03am On Aug 23, 2007
would people who bought the fbn ipo benefit from the bonus they just did??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 8:25am On Aug 23, 2007
No Vitastraka, folks who just bought FBN IPO do not qualify for the bonus.
Vitastraka:

would people who bought the fbn ipo benefit from the bonus they just did??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hola2ng(m): 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by steeviee(m): 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2007
@ easimoni

nice analyses on firstinland bank. i think i have been burnt
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2007
steeviee:

@ easimoni

nice analyses on firstinland bank. i think i have been burnt

Careful there steeviee,
There's a strong market rumour that first inland will merge with diamond.
Besides the price has been appreciating for a while.
Remember, losses are realized in the market only when you sell.
what price did you buy?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2007
losses are realized in the market only when you sell.
what price did you buy?

i love those statements .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by steeviee(m): 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2007
i bought @ N9.11
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 4:25pm On Aug 23, 2007
steeviee:

i bought @ N9.11

Well obviously looks like you have come to the party a bit late but it also means you just bought a short while ago.

So you shld be prepared to wait a bit, my advise for now is HOLD and watch,
I do not expect this stock to drop drastically any time soon, and there is a case that the recent as yet unexplained and unprecedented bullish route of FirstInland may yet continue

But if u do not have time and are in a hurry, get out now, u have not lost. its 9.92 currently
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by steeviee(m): 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2007
thanks temmie
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2007
Seun should please check. My post of three days ago are appearing as today's post
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 7:48pm On Aug 23, 2007
At all the gurus in the house
What do you guys think about Dangote Flour going on private placement? If they failed to reach a "fair price" with the SEC could that be because they are trying to fix an overly exorbitant price that the SEC disagrees with. In this case, is the SEC our big brother looking to make sure that we don't get burned? More importantly, does the SEC conduct its own research into these companies to determine a "fair price"? MOST IMPORTANTLY, how do we get our hands on these private placement shares? Especially if one is not on the shores of mother Nigeria
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 8:24am On Aug 24, 2007
Just read in business day that Dangote flour IPO will begin on the 3rd of Sept
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by steeviee(m): 9:17am On Aug 24, 2007
hi guys,

200,000.00 units of Access bank shares for sale @ N23
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by slaykay07: 9:29am On Aug 24, 2007
Steeviee,

I would buy 100,000 unit at N21. What do you think
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 10:07am On Aug 24, 2007
stevie and co, wait isnt it being sold for N14.90 a share

anyway people, from this here
http://odili.net/news/source/2007/aug/23/301.html

it appears zenith is going to be having another PO soon

so much to comment about this move, but for now make I go sleep small grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by steeviee(m): 10:12am On Aug 24, 2007
my brother,

@ N22 CALL ME 01-8797070
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 10:30am On Aug 24, 2007
Naijadr:

stevie and co, wait isnt it being sold for N14.90 a share

anyway people, from this here
http://odili.net/news/source/2007/aug/23/301.html

it appears zenith is going to be having another PO soon

so much to comment about this move, but for now make I go sleep small grin
Yaa its being sold for 14.90 if you buy into the PO then you will have to wait 6 months to get your cert before you can do anything with it and in the meanwhile you have to hope and pray and cross your fingers that the share price after all the `aggro` will be worth it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by drdaniel(m): 11:54am On Aug 24, 2007
[read below.Sorry Pls.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by drdaniel(m): 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2007
frankiriri:

Just read in business day that Dangote flour IPO will begin on the 3rd of Sept

Finally this info seems valid although trying to verify frm from other souces and not yet able.What do d u guys tink.Seems they will be usual over subscription and return of monies.What are the prospects technically.To avoid return of monies some are saying buy in small quantities in relatives names etc.But what about verification and eventual sale.Gurus in da house pls reply.easimoni ,aylala, temmie10 ,everybody
http://www.businessdayonline.com/?c=54&a=15631
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2007
drdaniel:

Finally this info seems valid although trying to verify frm from other souces and not yet able.What do d u guys think.Seems they will be usual over subscription and return of monies.What are the prospects technically.To avoid return of monies some are saying buy in small quantities in relatives names etc.But what about verification and eventual sale.Gurus in da house please reply.easimoni ,aylala, temmie10 ,everybody
http://www.businessdayonline.com/?c=54&a=15631

Lets keep our fingers crossed till their prospectus is out. Very little meaty info available right now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2007
Been following this thread for a while. Any news on NASCON. Does anyone have any of their results since the Dangote take over. I bought like a whole load of other people during the 1day NSE sale and my loss position is now at least N500k based on todays closing price of N17.10.
Any info on NASCON at this time is considered good info. Would you consider it a sell or hold and reasons. Much love.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2007
@ poster above,
NASCON has not released any results in a loooooooooong time. (has anyone ever seen Nascon results). The increase to N30 was driven by the Dangote hype and scarcity. Now, a bunch of people who bought at 69k or less than N10 are selling (can u blame them?). Maybe even Aliko himself.

Solution: wait until results are released. Salt is inelastic (in terms of demand) and this will be a virtual monopoly. It should be a long-term gem. Plus, as Temmie says, you don't realise a loss until you sell.

BTW, by my estimates you invested over N2M in a company without seeing results? Don't get caught by the Dangote hype, he is a business man not a professional philanthropist.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cutebabe: 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2007
@All

What is driving the recent upward movement on First Inland Bank or is it a fluke?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by drtonyo(m): 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2007
To Cutebabe,

The share price of FIRSTINLND is prabably rising due to expectation of good results from the year ended mar 2007 and the fact that the bank is coming to raise funds thru a public offer in the 4th quarter of this year. You can check financial standard of Monday 13th August for further details.

Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2007
easimoni:

BTW, by my estimates you invested over N2M in a company without seeing results? Don't get caught by the Dangote hype, he is a business man not a professional philanthropist.

@ Easi
you are cracking me up here with enuf laughter

@kpineo
Last i heard was that nascon will be paying a very healthy dividend, maybe 60k or something so at least u'll get some money.
that sale was like when u go into the supermarket and they are doing such a great deal on toilet rolls. you dun need but u stil buy,

you have a couple of other options: u could divest a bit by selling some when the price rolls to 19-20 range because i honestly do not think nascon at 25 is the best deal for your 2 million in the short term,

secondly you could buy some more at 17(crazy as this sounds), when the price gets to 20's range again, you might already be in profit,

But if u really have the financial willpower and discipline to wait, Easimoni's advice of long term is the best, wait till this moody market gives you a good price in one of its mood swings
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2007
@Easi & Temmie10.
i actually got caught up in the dangote hype. cos i got some gains from dangote sugar and didn't invest much, so decided to go all out on Nascon--i agree bad timing plus lack of research.But believe by April 2008 or thereabout when financial year results will be released i should be smiling to the bank, that is if FGN has not withdraw all the benefits Dangote Group enjoyed under the OBJ regime that made it so profitable.
@Temmie10
what ideas do you have for me in the short term. (am thinking insurance stocks possibly)

To all
Can someone explain to me what justifies the current price of Afribank and what actually is the true picture with Access Bank, there are conflicting reports on them everywhere.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enolase(m): 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2007
Heard from the grapevine that Dangote made close to =N=8billion from the one-day NASCON sale.

Bought the stock at 69k per share, sold at N22. The guy really made a killing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.