Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,042 members, 7,845,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (741) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817831 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stocknrock: 12:11pm On Apr 16, 2008
Fatherof2. I hail o!

Its been a while and most of us former nairalanders are now newnigerians and naraland don become diaspora.

Abeg Im going to be off the computer for a while and I was wondering if you could shed light on some stocks I could buy even if I wasnt near a pc.

Im thinking of getting into skye, dangote sugar and first bank. stocks I can sleep off on. What do you think?

Abeg you get any other better recommendations for medium long term?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2008
@ All,

I think that Diamond is a good candidate now.

Any reviews.

Cheers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by profy2k4(m): 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2008
shares is very good.it is just like ur money is working for u. u see there are some shares that u ve to buy now and reap ur returns in the next few months. shares like ocean bank,skye bank,m$b plc and many more
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ebonyj(f): 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2008
Hi All,
Thank you for this fantastic forum. My husbadn and I have some little amount of shares from Fidelity, Sky and Dangote Floor, but the truth of the matter is that with dont know the a-z of shares and stock. I would like to invest more in it but would really appreciate it if someone can please explain  to me as a beginner- How do I calculate my profit, whenn do I sell off shares and any other information that you deem important. thanks. My email address is jaina67@hotmail.com
Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by carolalex1(f): 12:37pm On Apr 16, 2008
A. G. LEVENTIS PLC
YEAR ENDED DECEMBER 31ST 2007
2007 2006
TURNOVER N7.237b N7.151b
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION N1.039b N706.103m
TAXATION (N286.754m) (N238.103m)
MINORITY INTEREST (N91.643m) (N73.474m)
PROFIT AFTER TAX AND
MINORITY INTEREST N661.231m N394.526m
PROPOSED DIVIDEND 12 KOBO
PROPOSED BONUS ISSUE 1 FOR 5
CLOSURE DATE MAY 5 TO 9TH 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 1:06pm On Apr 16, 2008
harrisoft:

FatherOf2 welcome jare, na God go pay you back.

seun don finally apologies o.

http://www, com/seun_osewa_vs_concerned_newnigerians-t789.0.html

(where you have the (www, com) put (w w w . n e w n i g e r i a n s . c o m embarassed without space b/w the words)

Make we accept the apology and move on.

Once again thank you for coming back to action.

we fit talk? harrisoft (at) yahoo.com

This will do. cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2008
stocknrock:

Fatherof2. I hail o!

Its been a while and most of us former nairalanders are now and naraland don become diaspora.

Abeg I'm going to be off the computer for a while and I was wondering if you could shed light on some stocks I could buy even if I wasnt near a pc.

I'm thinking of getting into skye, dangote sugar and first bank. stocks I can sleep off on. What do you think?

Abeg you get any other better recommendations for medium long term?

Nice choices,

Skye Bank ==== They've lost the opportunity to drive the price, price needs to drop well for us. Apologies to those who own it. But i want it too.

DSR===== Immediate Buy (Bought this after it was marked down)

First Bank=====Since you want Medium term. This is a good candidate.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 1:48pm On Apr 16, 2008
FIRST ALUMINUM PLC YEAR ENDED DECEMBER 31ST 2007
2007 2006
TURNOVER N8.723b N8.6b
PROFIT/LOSS BEFORE
TAXATION (N583.106m) N30.895m
TAXATION N91.522m (N25.433m)
PROFIT LOSS AFTER
TAXATION (N491.584m) N5.462m

PZ CUSSIONS NIGERIA PLC

9 MONTHS UNAUDITED RESULTS FOR THE PERIOD ENDED 29-02-2008
2008 2007
TURNOVER N47.441b N38.153b
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION N3.916b N3.093b
TAXATION AND MINORITY
INTEREST (N1.497b) (N1.179b)
PROFIT AFTER TAX AND
MINORITY INTERESTS N2.418b N1.914b

BOC GASES
ACCOUNT NOTIFICATION FOR THE PERIOD
ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2007
PROPOSED DIVIDEND 22K CLOSURE OF REGISTER APRIL

29TH TO MAY 02, 2008 PAYMENT DATE MAY 30TH 2008
AGM: THUR MAY 15, 2008 AT THE LAGOS
AIRPORT HOTEL IKEJA LAGOS
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 1:49pm On Apr 16, 2008
@fATHEROF2,

Dis na time to enter PZ? What about 7up?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:52pm On Apr 16, 2008
debenzd:

@fATHEROF2,

Dis na time to enter PZ? What about 7up?

Me don do my own for PZ before.

I prefer taking position in 7up if it can fall well in a few more days.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2008
debenzd:

FIRST ALUMINUM PLC YEAR ENDED DECEMBER 31ST 2007
2007 2006
TURNOVER N8.723b N8.6b
PROFIT/LOSS BEFORE
TAXATION (N583.106m) N30.895m
TAXATION N91.522m (N25.433m)
PROFIT LOSS AFTER
TAXATION (N491.584m) N5.462m

PZ CUSSIONS NIGERIA PLC

9 MONTHS UNAUDITED RESULTS FOR THE PERIOD ENDED 29-02-2008
2008 2007
TURNOVER N47.441b N38.153b
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION N3.916b N3.093b
TAXATION AND MINORITY
INTEREST (N1.497b) (N1.179b)
PROFIT AFTER TAX AND
MINORITY INTERESTS N2.418b N1.914b

BOC GASES
ACCOUNT NOTIFICATION FOR THE PERIOD
ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2007
PROPOSED DIVIDEND 22K CLOSURE OF REGISTER APRIL

29TH TO MAY 02, 2008 PAYMENT DATE MAY 30TH 2008
AGM: THUR MAY 15, 2008 AT THE LAGOS
AIRPORT HOTEL IKEJA LAGOS

I've always disliked this First Alum from day 1. Kai see beta loss.
But the funny thing is that na First Alum go begin rise from tomorrow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 3:04pm On Apr 16, 2008
First alum's result was just as expected, their half year and 9 months showed that there would be LAT,
however it is a speculative stock that can make u a lot of money if u play it right, can also burn your hands if you get suckered in.
when it begins to rise, it is almost ompssible to buy, when it is on freefall, it is dangerously difficult to sell,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 3:05pm On Apr 16, 2008
FatherOF2:

I've always disliked this First Alum from day 1. Kai see beta loss.
But the funny thing is that na First Alum go begin rise from tomorrow.

That is what freaks me about NSE. I hope as these scary results keep showing up, people will find comfort in fundamental stocks.

But what are ur thots on the bearish run on d market. It is quite unsual during this time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2008
debenzd:

That is what freaks me about NSE. I hope as these scary results keep showing up, people will find comfort in fundamental stocks.

But what are your thoughts on the bearish run on d market. It is quite unsual during this time.

Yes you're right its quite unusual around this time. Though i normally expect issues like school fees to cause some slight depression about April. I'm yet to confirm from my broker about the authencity of this trading accounts issue being stopped by CBN,maybe some are weary.
But i see another bright side to it.Normally once we get to mid month some prices would normally begin a gradual slide till the month ends particularly those associated with massive loans.This has been the case before.Some prices are dropping to the point of taking on new levels, almost like going back to the starting block again.As the budget has finally just been passed, many payments are eagerly being awaited from all angles and many are seeking to get their hands on that money to put into the secondary market. The market is not really being over over bearish.Its more like TASTELESS to me.Many prices have a zero daily net change. Some people will say its very bearish[b] if the stock they have is loosing.[/b]
Just be diligent in making your selection. No go for stock wen shit no dey e yansh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stocknrock: 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2008
FatherOF2:

Nice choices,

Skye Bank ==== They've lost the opportunity to drive the price, price needs to drop well for us. Apologies to those who own it. But i want it too.

DSR===== Immediate Buy (Bought this after it was marked down)

First Bank=====Since you want Medium term. This is a good candidate.

Fatherof2. what happened to GTB? I thought you were a real fanatic, you no dey buy again?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sscofield: 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2008
Father of 2. Is it time to get off the eterna train? It gained only 0.48% today. Kindly advise Sir. Thnx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2008
@father of two,
the 40% i made from unic and mbenefit was put into dunlop and aiico,and now iam geting my fingers burnt.any hope?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:47pm On Apr 16, 2008
stocknrock:

Fatherof2. what happened to GTB? I thought you were a real fanatic, you no dey buy again?

Why i go buy again at higher price when i don buy before before at lower price. We don dey near end of the road now.
You be want make i add am.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2008
I think the market is trending down generally and this 2nd stage started last week after the bearish run of last month. I maintain an imaginary portfolio with a crosss section of NSE stocks. I use it to guage the mood of the market.

I learnt this after the bearish run of last month. Even though I exited early last month, it was not early enough. I was hit with a net loss of about 9% on the stocks I just bought that month.

This time around, I exited last week with my 17% from the stocks I bought when I exited with the 9% loss. However, I still maintain a dummy portfolio for this. If I had kept the stocks till today (and a good performer like Beta Glass is 30% of the portfolio), I will only be up only about 5% today, down from 17% just last week.

This is the time to stand back and look small. Many suppports have already been broken and may become the new resistance prices. See Afribank, Aiico, Ikeja Hotels. The prices today would have been more than juicy two months ago, but today, being careful is key.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2008
pumping777:

I think the market is trending down generally and this 2nd stage started last week after the bearish run of last month. I maintain an imaginary portfolio with a crosss section of NSE stocks. I use it to guage the mood of the market.

I learnt this after the bearish run of last month. Even though I exited early last month, it was not early enough. I was hit with a net loss of about 9% on the stocks I just bought that month.

This time around, I exited last week with my 17% from the stocks I bought when I exited with the 9% loss. However, I still maintain a dummy portfolio for this. If I had kept the stocks till today (and a good performer like Beta Glass is 30% of the portfolio), I will only be up only about 5% today, down from 17% just last week.

This is the time to stand back and look small. Many suppports have already been broken and may become the new resistance prices. See Afribank, Aiico, Ikeja Hotels. The prices today would have been more than juicy two months ago, but today, being careful is key.

I agree well well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2008
s_scofield:

Father of 2. Is it time to get off the eterna train? It gained only 0.48% today. Kindly advise Sir. Thnx

You know Eterna was always a short stay for me.Though i know some scared people who got trapped last time have been taking aim in the last two days.
The good thing is that it was not bidded lower than the days opening price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:11pm On Apr 16, 2008
@ Captain,

Are you still in Beta?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sscofield: 5:17pm On Apr 16, 2008
FO2- Thank you sir but pls if you don't mind, educate me a bit. How did you know this? - > it was not bidded lower than the days opening price. I want to understand how to analyze this stock market trend as well. Thanks again
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2008
Father of 2

I am really getting scared about GTB. Why is it falling?. I just keep hoping they will not release the results in this bearish market. Very scary.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:32pm On Apr 16, 2008
s_scofield:

FO2- Thank you sir but please if you don't mind, educate me a bit. How did you know this? - > it was not bidded lower than the days opening price.I want to understand how to analyze this stock market trend as well. Thanks again

Check your pricelist, you'll see it closed higher than the day's low which was equal to the opening price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2008
i think brokers are the primary course of these bears,they create panic and sell the shares of some customers that dont have directions,just to make their comissions.my own thoughts sha.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:40pm On Apr 16, 2008
beginner:

Father of 2

I am really getting scared about GTB. Why is it falling?. I just keep hoping they will not release the results in this bearish market. Very scary.

BE HAPPY WEN A STOCK IS FALLING AND GOOD RESULTS ARE IMMINENT.Its beta they release it when its falling than when its too high.They know the strategy.I won't be surprised if the results are timed to come out within the next two days to coincide with a fall tomorrow and next.
If the price is too high when dey release, " Overvalued" go worry am.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 5:48pm On Apr 16, 2008
@ pumping any news on betaglass,70% of my portfolio dey their.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 7:54pm On Apr 16, 2008
@ PUMPING & FatherOF2

I have noticed BIGTREAT to have been falling for some days now. And it gained today.

What is your opinion about this?

Do you have any info about the past loss?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ayztech(f): 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2008
i have never read any line on blue oil stocks here and i'll like to invest a million for 1month.please what do u think?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2008
cj2008:

@ pumping any news on betaglass,70% of my portfolio dey their.

That is too much load my bro. I will advice you start selling like 5% a day if you are already in the green.

The result is taking too long and folks have become impatient. I already said if the result is not out this week, I'm cashing out. I also like Fo2's theory that the results may not be released at the peak. However, if you bought at th low of N21.50 like I did, getting out is not a bad idea really.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:50pm On Apr 16, 2008
nazzyon:

@ PUMPING & FatherOF2

I have noticed BIGTREAT to have been falling for some days now. And it gained today.

What is your opinion about this?

Do you have any info about the past loss?

It would have been a good sign with the bulls but in this market reversals may not be sustained. Examples. Niwicable, ABC, UTC, Dunlop and others. Some folks abandoned selling Bigtreat because they could not sell before the price dropped too low. Another 5% or 10% may get them interested again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.