Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,541 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (784) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (818368 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Dereal1(m): 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2010
The best bet is to buy share/stocks when it is very cheap and leave it for a long term for it to have accumulated bonuses and price appreciation.That is exactly what am doing,i've seen people become multi-millionaires through this means.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 7:48pm On Nov 15, 2010
Like Rome, the investors’ apathy did not surface in a day. It started in 2008 during the share price meltdown that saw investors losing close to N3trillion in the market. For instance, some one like Aremo Olusegun Osoba, the former governor of Ogun State, clearly provided a face behind the figures. According to the ex-governor, the hundreds of millions of Naira he sank on stocks had all gone down the drain.

His regrets: “If I had known it would be like this, I would have stuck to my strategy of buying property. I wasn’t a stock person. I believe more in property .But I was persuaded into it and it hit me hard. You can imagine when First Bank went from N48 to N13.Then Access Bank went from N20 to N3;Transcorp from N9 to seventy something kobo.

So you can calculate how much I would have lost. It is not that I am buying one million, two million. We are talking of hundreds of millions, not tens of millions. I was buying and selling and making money until it collapsed .The whole thing crashed overnight. To make matters worse, one of the banks gave me credit to buy their shares. And when the market crashed, they sat on my money to offset the loan.”
sunnewspaper

Sun Newspaper
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 5:00am On Nov 16, 2010
^^^^ The rich also cry cheesy grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by segun1ng: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2010
it works for me

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 6:46am On Nov 21, 2010
NSE to increase trading hours to 2.30pm; holds AGM on 231110

November 17, 2010 0807am

The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) appear to have concluded plans to increase the trading hours from 1300hrs to 1430hrs with effect from December 1, 2010.

Proshare NI understands that this was a decision agreed to between The Exchange, SEC and the stockbrokers and should encourage more trading on the bourse.

It is expected that these decision and others will be disclosed at the planned AGM of The Exchange scheduled to hold on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at the Exchange Building.

Sources at the house of Assembly equally confirm that the interim Administrator is expected to brief members of the House Committee on Capital Markets on its 100days on that day while the Senator Ganiyu Solomon Committee will receive him on Thursday, November 25, 2010.

http://www.proshareng.com/news/12580
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cadno(m): 8:32am On Nov 22, 2010
Hi NLanders, please anybody got News on First Bank ??

what could we expect this year 2010, as per Bonus, Dividend etc.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Fiver: 3:46am On Dec 06, 2010
Profit smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2010
The best bet is to buy share/stocks when it is very cheap and leave it for a long term for it to have accumulated bonuses and price appreciation.That is exactly what am doing,i've seen people become multi-millionaires through this means.

Thats the way to go, my bros.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BSL(m): 10:35am On Dec 13, 2010
If you hav issues investing or want to know wat the nigerian stock market looks like check this site its d best online site about nigeria securities www.broadstreetlagos.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by manie(m): 10:44am On Dec 13, 2010
BSL:

If you hav issues investing or want to know wat the nigerian stock market looks like check this site its d best online site about nigeria securities www.broadstreetlagos.com

Broad street Lagos, i think you have to pay for the the advertisement you putting on our threads.

Nairaland please take note.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 3:30pm On Dec 21, 2010
This thread is witnessing the real "No money, No Friend" grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Fiver: 7:39am On Dec 23, 2010
Theres still a lot of money to be made o

If you keep aside all your christmas turkey money for cheap stock now leave them till Xmas next year you don hammer o

especially all those AMCON stocks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 9:39am On Dec 29, 2010
^^Abeg, refreshen my mind of the AMCON stocks again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Fiver: 10:11am On Dec 29, 2010
jamace:

^^Abeg, refreshen my mind of the AMCON stocks again.

those rescued banks

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 9:54am On Dec 30, 2010
@Fiver
Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by honeric01(m): 5:57am On Dec 31, 2010
Interesting, how does these AMCON stocks work again? are they different from the normal stocks or what does AMCON mean?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 10:55am On Dec 31, 2010
They are just normal stocks na, Asset Management Company of Nigeria AMCON remember

those banks are the bank in trouble with CBN, I think their debt will be bought so they have weight off their shoulders to do normal business once again and some of them will be given extra money

oga honeric, you no dey read news again
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by honeric01(m): 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2010
^^^^

Bro no blame me jare, many things just take my personal time, me sef no come get time for myself again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2010
Bro no blame me jare, many things just take my personal time, me sef no come get time for myself again.
grin grin
Take it easy bro. It is well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by honeric01(m): 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2010
^^^^

Will, praying for a better 2011, the last 6 months was HELL,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 3:12pm On Dec 31, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Money/Finance/5659919-146/asset_company_takes_over_debts_of.csp

Asset Company takes over debts of 21 banks

In keeping with its timeline of absorbing all the non performing loans in banks books by the end of the year, the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) will today sign debt purchase agreements with chief executive officers of 21 banks in the country. One bank is yet to submit its debt profile while two foreign owned banks, Citi and Standard Chartered, withdrew from submitting any bad loan.

With the agreement, over N2 trillion of nonperforming loans (NPLs) will be taken off the books of the banks and transferred to the asset company. Today’s meeting will be attended by finance minister, Olusegun Aganga, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor, Lamido Sanusi, and director general of the Debt Management Office (DMO), Abraham Nwankwo.

AMCON was set up to take up the bad loans in the books of banks in the wake of the global financial crisis which took a toll on the Nigerian financial sector.

Thereafter, the CBN injected N627 billion into Afribank, Bank PHB, Equitorial Trust, Finbank, Intercontinental, Oceanic, Spring, Wema, and Union, to save them from imminent collapse.

At a meeting with bank executives on December 16, Foluke Dosunmu, AMCON executive director of finance, explained that the rescued banks will enjoy two sets of funds injection. One is to buy their non performing loans and two, to cater for their capital adequacy. Mrs. Dosunmu said AMCON will issue the first set of bonds by the end of today.

She said bonds will be issued for a two year period which will be refinanced by issuing another set of bonds next year.

“The bonds will be zero coupons, fixed or floating, that will be tradable and liquid and listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange,” she said.

She added that the liquidity of the bonds will be enhanced, as it will not only be held by banks but also fund managers, pension fund administrators, insurance companies, trustees, and custodians. The bond will be guaranteed by the federal government.

This development is expected to trigger price rally at the stock market as investors cash in to take advantage of the valuation model already released by the asset company.

AMCON’s managing director, Mustafa Chike-Obi, listed assets which are to be taken over from the banks; they will be priced at 60 percent of market value on a 60-day price average on the NSE trading platform, counting back from November 15.

Mr. Chike-Obi said AMCON will buy all non performing loans by the end of the first quarter of 2011.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2010
http://www.proshareng.com/news/12840

Oscar Onyema, the Chief Administrative Officer of the American Stock Exchange (AMEX), will become the substantive managing director/chief executive officer of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), BusinessDay can disclose today. Onyeama beat two others - Yvonne Ike, a former staff of JP Morgan in the United States and Bola Onadele, the CEO of Datanet Limited - following a rigorous selection process.

He is to replace Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke who was removed on August 04, 2010 by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2011
Gentlemen, is AMCON having effect on the market already?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 6:11pm On Jan 14, 2011
I'd say yes, some of the banks are getting extra money for business apart from getting bad loans of their books

or maybe all the crooks have been put it check
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 10:17am On Jan 20, 2011
LIST OF SUSPENDED UNDER-CAPITALIZED STOCKBROKING FIRMS

1 Adamawa Securities Limited
2 Afrinvest West Africa Limited
3 Alangrange Securities Limited
4 Associated Asset Managers Limited
5 Belfry Investments And Securities Limited
6 BGL Securities Limited
7 Calyx Investment & Securities Limited
8 Cardington Securities Limited
9 Cashville Investment & Securities Limited
10 Century Securities Limited
11 Colvia Securities Limited
12 Consolidated Investment Limited
13 Cowry Asset Management Limited
14 Dakal Services Limited
15 DBSL Securities Limited
16 De-lords Securities Limited
17 Dependable Securities Limited
18 Diamond Securities Limited
19 Empire Securities Limited
20 Enterprise Stockbrokers Plc.
21 ESS Investments And Trust Limited
22 Eurocomm Securities Limited
23 Express Discount Asset Management Limited
24 FBC Trust And Securities Limited
25 First Inland Securities & Asset Mgt Limited
26 First Allstate Securities Limited
27 First Equity Securities Limited
28 FIS Securities Limited
29 Genesis Securities & Investment Limited
30 Heartbeat Investment Limited
31 Hedge Securities & Investment Co. Limited
32 Independent Securities Limited
33 Intercontinental Securities Limited
34 Lion Stockbrokers Limited
35 MBL Financial Services Limited
36 Midland Capital Markets Limited
37 Molten Trust Limited
38 Nigerian Stockbrokers Limited
THE Nigerian STOCK EXCHANGE
18 January 2011 Page 2
39 Peninsula Asset Management And Investment Company Ltd
40 Perfecta Investment Trust Limited
41 PIPC Securities Limited
42 Pivot Trust & Investment Company Ltd.
43 Professional Stockbrokers Limited
44 Quantum Securities Limited
45 Rostrum Investment & Securities Limited
46 Securities Solutions Limited
47 Securities Trading & Investment Limited
48 Sigma Securities Limited
49 Sikon Securities & Investment Limited
50 Supra Commercial Trust Limited
51 Support Services Limited
52 TFS Securities & Investment Co. Limited
53 UBA Stockbrokers Limited
54 Valmon Securities Limited
55 Vision Trust & Investment Limited
56 Wizetrade Cap & Asset Mgt Ltd
57 Yobe Investment & Securities Limited

Source:http://www.nigerianstockexchange.com/index.jsp
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by honeric01(m): 6:24pm On Jan 22, 2011
@Jamace

Please what happens now that these brokers have been suspended? are my shares safe with Quantum securities?

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.