Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,561 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (785) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815697 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by manie(m): 10:00am On Jan 25, 2011
jamace:

LIST OF SUSPENDED UNDER-CAPITALIZED STOCKBROKING FIRMS

1 Adamawa Securities Limited
2 Afrinvest West Africa Limited
3 Alangrange Securities Limited
4 Associated Asset Managers Limited
5 Belfry Investments And Securities Limited
6 BGL Securities Limited
7 Calyx Investment & Securities Limited
8 Cardington Securities Limited
9 Cashville Investment & Securities Limited
10 Century Securities Limited
11 Colvia Securities Limited
12 Consolidated Investment Limited
13 Cowry Asset Management Limited
14 Dakal Services Limited
15 DBSL Securities Limited
16 De-lords Securities Limited
17 Dependable Securities Limited
18 Diamond Securities Limited
19 Empire Securities Limited
20 Enterprise Stockbrokers Plc.
21 ESS Investments And Trust Limited
22 Eurocomm Securities Limited
23 Express Discount Asset Management Limited
24 FBC Trust And Securities Limited
25 First Inland Securities & Asset Mgt Limited
26 First Allstate Securities Limited
27 First Equity Securities Limited
28 FIS Securities Limited
29 Genesis Securities & Investment Limited
30 Heartbeat Investment Limited
31 Hedge Securities & Investment Co. Limited
32 Independent Securities Limited
33 Intercontinental Securities Limited
34 Lion Stockbrokers Limited
35 MBL Financial Services Limited
36 Midland Capital Markets Limited
37 Molten Trust Limited
38 Nigerian Stockbrokers Limited
THE Nigerian STOCK EXCHANGE
18 January 2011 Page 2
39 Peninsula Asset Management And Investment Company Ltd
40 Perfecta Investment Trust Limited
41 PIPC Securities Limited
42 Pivot Trust & Investment Company Ltd.
43 Professional Stockbrokers Limited
44 Quantum Securities Limited
45 Rostrum Investment & Securities Limited
46 Securities Solutions Limited
47 Securities Trading & Investment Limited
48 Sigma Securities Limited
49 Sikon Securities & Investment Limited
50 Supra Commercial Trust Limited
51 Support Services Limited
52 TFS Securities & Investment Co. Limited
53 UBA Stockbrokers Limited
54 Valmon Securities Limited
55 Vision Trust & Investment Limited
56 Wizetrade Cap & Asset Mgt Ltd
57 Yobe Investment & Securities Limited

Source:http://www.nigerianstockexchange.com/index.jsp
Na wa for this list, Imagine BGL and Afrinvest on the list. One of my brokers is also on the list, that is UBA stockbrokers. UBA stock brokers have a lot of margin debt, i hope the parent company that is UBA will bail them out. That is why it always better to have more than one brokers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by manie(m): 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2011
The market is up beat, for the past five days. Those who were bold to taken position in december 2010, must have made decent profit. All the same i think investors should be careful, especially with the rescued banks.
Some of them will be bought by the major banks, and the share exchange ratio will not favour shareholders in the rescued banks.
Just heard a rumour from my broker that Stanbic IBTC, will buy Oceanic bank. If that is true, i guess this will enable IBTC to play prominent role in retail banking segment.

Just sold the oceanic bank shares i bought in November, something told to hold on. But in this market one should not be too greedy, l cant see the fundamentals that is driving the prices of some of the stocks and now almost every stock is on bid.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by manie(m): 2:45pm On Jan 27, 2011
Market is down today, it is down by about 0.7%. I hope this will continue till next week, so that one can take position in around second week of february.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by likeithot(f): 3:00pm On Feb 02, 2011
Hi Guys,

I am trying to do a research analysis on modelling the volatility in the Nigerian Stock Exchange and then finding the relationship between the market volatility and interest rate.

If you have any papers on any aspect of this, kindly let me know so i can get in touch with you.

My email addy is simplylooks@yahoo.com

Thanks guys.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afoson(m): 11:29pm On Feb 06, 2011
Hello,

Do you have a place

where Cars can be parked?

become a Car Dealer Today, getting cheap cars

sent to you without a star up capital

all you need is a car park.

apply today @
http://cheapcarsinsuranceestate.com/
http://freeonlinecashhome.com/

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afoson(m): 9:31am On Feb 07, 2011
Hello,

Do you have a place

where Cars can be parked?

become a Car Dealer Today, getting cheap cars

sent to you without a star up capital

all you need is a car park.

apply today @
http://freecreditreportings.com/
http://cheapcarsinsuranceestate.com/
http://freeonlinecashhome.com/

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dezhi(m): 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2011
@
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dezhi(m): 2:06pm On Feb 08, 2011
!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 11:40am On Feb 09, 2011
dezhi:

One Important player in the market that buyers and sellers always forget to keep regular contact with are the registrars to the stocks. in-case you don't know they verify these stocks before the brokers can talk of selling or buying. keeping in regular contact with them you can always verify what ever your brokers tell you. Most brokers these days have been observed to deceive their clients that are not knowledgeable in this field. Having frequent contact with the registrars you can know your actual total stock holdings, deals, dividends, e.t.c.

everytime i go to a registrar's office (i go regularly to chase my stocks and get the normal services registrars are willing to render shareholders), i see a crowd, so if you say folks are not keeping in touch with registrar, i dont seem to understand you
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by earnfast(m): 12:33pm On Feb 10, 2011
Can someone make N130k per month in Stock market ,like i do info marketing
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lati23: 5:52pm On Feb 10, 2011
Are you a trader, artisan, businessman/woman?
Is your business registered?
Is your business located in Ketu, Ikorodu, Alapere, Mile 12 and it’s environs?
Do you need funds for your trade, small business or SME?
Can you afford our minimal interest on your monthly installments without failing?
Call Abiola today on 08060726727
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lati23: 8:41am On Feb 11, 2011
;d
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dezhi(m): 6:13pm On Feb 11, 2011
M
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 1money: 7:49pm On Feb 11, 2011
Download a free ebook that teaches you the 7 best times to buy stock at www.moneyinayear.com/freebies/
NO SIGN UP REQUIRED.
Just click on the blue text 7 best times.
enjoy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 12, 2011
dezhi:

everytime i go to a registrar's office (i go regularly to chase my stocks and get the normal services registrars are willing to render shareholders), i see a crowd, so if you say folks are not keeping in touch with registrar, i dont seem to understand

why would you have to go to the registrars office when all you need do is get connected to M-register & access.how?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Fiver: 12:58am On Feb 15, 2011
anybody home?

The exchange is acting like a normal stock exchange now cheesy
They should be more e-trades and more regulation of stock brokers some of them are incompetent fraudsters
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yinqiaol: 7:26am On Feb 26, 2011
I heard that you share a joke:Just happened , , dinner, a man drank too much, reach for a glass of wine full of carefully blowing a few times, drink, shouted: "so hot so hot! "
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 11:29pm On Mar 21, 2011
Explaining the reason for the Contact Centre, Emmanuel Ikazoboh said it is meant to serve as the first point of contact for the investing public and other stakeholders with the NSE.
“The staff members manning the Centre are expected to receive enquiries, complaints or suggestions from the investing public as well as other stakeholders. People are expected to phone between 7.45 am and 6.00 pm Monday to Friday on 07002255673 and make their enquiries, lodge complaints or suggestions,” he said.

Ikazoboh added that to derive maximum benefit from the Centre, callers are free to use any of the three major Nigerian languages of Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba, in addition to English Language.
“The market, we know is information drive, hence nothing would be spared in our desire to further bridge the information gap between us and investors on our Exchange,” he declared.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nse-restructures-operations/88199/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 3:39am On Mar 22, 2011
^^^Good moves there.

However, there is too much scalping in the market for now. People want to recover their economic reccession loss ASAP.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 10:08pm On Mar 23, 2011
"The best time to buy stock is when blood is running in the streets." grin grin

Nathan Mayer Rothschild (1776 - 1836)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by duduspace(m): 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2011
For the smart, this is the time to load up, if another insane bull run like happened in 07/08 before the slump in 08 comes along again, yu can be sure I'll be smiling to the bank.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nateevs(m): 4:37pm On Mar 29, 2011
No insane bull run like the 07/08 will happen this year. There are no indicators at present to catalyze such run. Not even the supposed beautiful year-end results of GTB, Zenith and Access. A few companies with outstanding future outlook will rise again. . e.g Transcorp. I however do not see this happening in all sectors.

Yes there might be a substantial bull run but profit takers will always drive prices back down. Every one's trying to average down on losses.

However, for all those who have a lot of cash lying around, time to load up. You will never find prices like these ever.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 9:50am On Mar 30, 2011
duduspace:

For the smart, this is the time to load up, if another insane bull run like happened in 07/08 before the slump in 08 comes along again, yu can be sure I'll be smiling to the bank.
nateevs:

No insane bull run like the 07/08 will happen this year. There are no indicators at present to catalyze such run. Not even the supposed beautiful year-end results of GTB, Zenith and Access. A few companies with outstanding future outlook will rise again. . e.g Transcorp. I however do not see this happening in all sectors.

Yes there might be a substantial bull run but profit takers will always drive prices back down. Every one's trying to average down on losses.

However, for all those who have a lot of cash lying around, time to load up. You will never find prices like these ever.

I dont think he meant this year as even the so-called insane bull run of 07/08 was over 5 years in the making,at least from '02
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by manie(m): 4:17pm On Apr 01, 2011
OANDO declares a dividend of N3, and a bonus of 1 for 4.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 4:53pm On Apr 01, 2011
hmm sweet, 1 for 4 oando

1 for 4 GTB

Dangote cement in the long run will be sweet too
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by manie(m): 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2011
Dis Guy:

hmm sweet, 1 for 4 oando

1 for 4 GTB

Dangote cement in the long run will be sweet too

I doubt if any thing sweet or good can come out of Dangote cement. The share price will definitely nose dive whenever the audited result is announced. The stock is over priced.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by manie(m): 10:24am On Apr 06, 2011
Dangote cement declares a dividend of N2.25k. But we dont have the audited account so that one can analyse the result.
A dividend of N2.25k is too small for a stock selling for about N125. I see this stock going down to between N60 and N70.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by manie(m): 10:35am On Apr 06, 2011
UACN Property development company declares a dividend of 55kobo, while the parent company declares a dividend of N1.10k.
Another subsidiary of UACN, that is CAP Plc declares a dividend of N2.00 and a bonus of 1 for 1.

(1) (2) (3) ... (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.