Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB (27651 Views)

Funny Tweet Between FCMB Bank And The Nigerian Snake (photos) / Tokkida Semlek: Man Refunds N800k Paid To His GTBank Account By Mistake (Photos) / Photos Of The Lady Who Returned N860k Transferred To Her Account By Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Felaak47(m): 12:37pm On Jun 09, 2016
ireneony:
Picture of you stranded in dubai undecided
or u don't believe her grin
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 09, 2016
Miles300:
The bank charges at 340 for a dollar now on naira master card ..

Even for transactions outside the country?
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by ify84(m): 12:37pm On Jun 09, 2016
mobile providers are fraudulent... banks are fraudulent. our govt is fraudulent. many of our churches are fraudulent. the police is fraudulent. our schools fraudulent.

who will help us.......?
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Felaak47(m): 12:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
ify84:
mobile providers are fraudulent...
banks are fraudulent.
our govt is fraudulent.
many of our churches are fraudulent.
the police is fraudulent.
our schools fraudulent.

who will help us.......?
Almighty God will surely help us.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by ireneony(f): 12:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
Felaak47:
or u don't believe her grin
this is a forum and anyone can cook up anything.
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by absoluteSuccess: 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2016
Freciprocal:
10k difference Naim make u dey stranded?

op,
the man behind the charges sited.
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by kaffy4tope(m): 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
Bisjosh:
Hello Nl fam,

It's with anger and frustration am using to write this so pls bear with the typos

I opened an account with Fcmb on 31st May 2016 based on recommendation from a colleague who used his atm card for transactions in Dubai.

I was told by fcmb customer service team that I would have my card activated for the period of time I would use in dubai(short visit)

Fcmb also notified me that I would be charged 240(two hundred and forty)naira as service charge per transaction. Which I thought was ok.

Now I'm in Dubai, I was unable to withdraw yesterday. After countless efforts to use the machine, I resolved to using Pos.

I bought some things worth 930dhs and paid using Pos. Note that exchange rate is 94 naira to 1 dhm.

Instead of 87000, I was debited 97000 naira angry shocked

That's 10,000 naira charge compared to 240 naira I was told.

I have sent a mail to them but no reasonable response yet from Fcmb.
Now I'm even more scared to use my card cos I do not know the amount I would be charged again and it's making me stranded . cry

Please am using this as a means of reaching fcmb cos I cannot over emphasize on the power of social media.

FCMB should tell me why I would be charged 10,000naira as opposed 240 naira for a Pos transaction.

I use Fcmb too and I am over ok and satisfied with their services so far. N.B: this is my fourth year in Dubai and have been using FCMB since days of Goliath.

Now, u were given that 240naira transaction charges cos of the $ rate that time u went to your bank. Remember usd has increased ever since then, so u are been charged on the prevailing rate of USD in the blackmarket in Nigeria.

Finally if u have mobile banking, I can buy naira from u at a fair price and give u UAE dirhams so u will not be stranded. Pele!

5 Likes

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
I had similar challenge with first bank when I travelled 2013. The frustration costed me serious loss of cash that I was so frustrated. I finally resorted to opening a dollar account.

Well this is one of the area I thought "fighting corruption was headind" initially.
There many corrupt practices in Nigeria from fake drugs, injustice, marginalization, unsolicited SMS and hidden charges, laxity at work etc...

Will Nigeria ever get better? I doubt how soon.
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Temmytea70(m): 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
kennygee:

Chill bro, i only meant that on a light note.

Everybody body no fit dey hot.

Was already vexing grin... . One cup of kunu for you grin

1 Like

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Freciprocal: 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2016
Felaak47:
10k can do u a lot, I guess u don't hustle for money that's y you are staying all this trash.

You need to check the meaning of "stranded"... that's if u know what a dictionary means undecided
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by talktrue1(m): 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2016
ff
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by enilowo(m): 12:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
Hi,

Please check for our customer care nos on the net and put a call across I assure you you will be attended to. More so I hope you know that every transaction aboard attracts interest rate not at CBN rate? Rather it's prevailing market rate so in doing your conversion kindly take note of that.

Also note that your conversion should be in dollars and not dubai currency. As dollar is the international currency of transaction.

You can reach contact centre on ContactCentre@fcmb.com or call them on 012798800

I do hope I have help.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by bigtt76(f): 12:48pm On Jun 09, 2016
You're not charged for transactions on POS but rather for withdrawals on ATMs. Rather the bank's exchange rate for the Naira to Dirham may have changed hence the amount deducted.

Bisjosh:
Hello Nl fam,

It's with anger and frustration am using to write this so pls bear with the typos

I opened an account with Fcmb on 31st May 2016 based on recommendation from a colleague who used his atm card for transactions in Dubai.

I was told by fcmb customer service team that I would have my card activated for the period of time I would use in dubai(short visit)

Fcmb also notified me that I would be charged 240(two hundred and forty)naira as service charge per transaction. Which I thought was ok.

Now I'm in Dubai, I was unable to withdraw yesterday. After countless efforts to use the machine, I resolved to using Pos.

I bought some things worth 930dhs and paid using Pos. Note that exchange rate is 94 naira to 1 dhm.

Now I'm even more scared to use my card cos I do not know the amount I would be charged again and it's making me stranded . cry

Please am using this as a means of reaching fcmb cos I cannot over emphasize on the power of social media.

FCMB should tell me why I would be charged 10,000naira as opposed 240 naira for a Pos transaction.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by talktrue1(m): 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
The exchange rate you see on net is the CBN official rate whereas Banks are using parallel market.
1$ = N360
So they are charging based on black market but you can mail the customer care to find out their bank rate.
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by mynduu44: 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
FCMB turning Nigerians in Diaspora to morgue attendant since the days of Adam..

OP, work dey for Bin Zayed street as morgue attendant incase FCMB fails you...
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by iamphill: 12:50pm On Jun 09, 2016
Freciprocal:
10k difference Naim make u dey stranded?

Ignoramus read through the post and come back and read your comment.... EWU

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Robertbob: 12:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
Fellow Nairalanders, Bisjosh statement above might mislead us, Naira exchange rate is against Dollars and not Dhm as mentioned in the post. I use GTB and FCMB, I'm aware that N240 is just service charge per transaction when you use your card internationally per transaction which differs from bank to bank aside the exchange rate.

Bisjosh should even thank FCMB that still allow customers to use their cards overseas unlike many banks that have shut down the window, I guess that's reason he rushed to open account there on May 16, 2016 to take advantage.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Joehong(m): 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
that is their way. they also did similar thing to on visa credit card which we agree on 10% but some how one month like that they just remove 20% after series of mail and phone call nothing was done to refund the balance, and just this last month which is May they deduct N100 against the N50 imposed by federal govt. for stamp duty. so disappointing.
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Nautillus(m): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
Robertbob:
Fellow Nairalanders, Bisjosh statement above might mislead us, Naira exchange rate is against Dollars and not Dhm as mentioned in the post. I use GTB and FCMB, I'm aware that N240 is just service charge per transaction when you use your card internationally per transaction which differs from bank to bank aside the exchange rate.
Bisjosh should even thank FCMB that still allow customers to use their cards overseas unlike many banks that have shut down the window, I guess that's reason he rushed to open account there on May 16, 2016 to take advantage.

Thank you jare... you are right. my thoughts exactly...Transaction charge is different from cross currency rate. Haba, why didn't you take the bank card where all your money has been from the onset? you went to FCMB to take their card now (in less than 3 weeks o) now you are here trying to stain their name...haba fear God o. i have been banking with fcmb among st other banks in naija for 5 years and i must say that they try.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Imoobot(m): 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
Sorry dear, please try and come back lets settle this locally here in Nigeria.
I blame APC for all this sha.
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by balancediet(m): 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2016
You dont know what you're talking. you tryna sound funny? sori you missed, and neither are you making sense. Silence would have been more sensible.
salabscholar01:
FCMB and Lai are like...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by 4nobody4every1: 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2016
cool
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by creamy1990(f): 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
kennygee:
In Davido's voice "Shey na by force to go Dubai".
it's not a must you comment. this person is pained and all you could do is mock? if your bank has messed you up bfor you will know where his shoes pinches. Brand promise is a thing your customer should get if not you will be left for your competitors.

You should do them a mail or call their Customer care line.

Someone was not honest with you as regards the charges for transactions, when it is not London you traveled to, 10k is an exorbitant amount.

Meanwhile, its possible a fraud is being committed on ur account o. A woman came to complain in Diamond bank about transactions she didnt carry out but was debited for, the ATM and Credit card fraud abroad is on another level.
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by knightsTempler: 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
kennygee:

Chill bro, i only meant that on a light note.

Everybody body no fit dey hot.

Gerrarahia menh!!!

Somebody is stranded and trying to see how she can navigate through her conundrum , you dey yarn shît.

At least if you can NOT proffer a solution, why not just avoid the tread entirely, instead of making insensitive and callous post.
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by deenee: 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2016
All overseas card transactions are done in dollar irrespective of the country. Even if you use PoS and pay in the local currency of ur country of visit they will still charge the naira to your account using dollar conversion rate.

Banks are also compelled to use the existing parrellel market rate because they can't source at the official rate.

I think it's best you call them for a detailed explanation.

All the best
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by NIFES(f): 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2016
@OP,
Please note, POS transactions are different from ATM withdrawals.
I used SKYE bank ATM in Dubai and was charged 516 naira on ATM withdrawals while POS was at a totally different/outrageous fees.
Point is, it's with all banks.
Some nice shop owners will advice you against POS as means of payment.
An advice; there are some Nigerian guys around Deira that can give you dirham while you transfer money into their Nigerian Bank account. (This option is useful if you can do online/mobile transfer though) .
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by hardbody: 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
Meanwhile I am still in Dubai in the event you are really stranded. I may not have extra cash for you but my accommodation is around the world trade centre....I am sure you know what I mean. So while sorting out with them, i won't refuse to help a sister smiley
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by salabscholar01(m): 1:12pm On Jun 09, 2016
balancediet:
You dont know what you're talking. you tryna sound funny? sori you missed, and neither are you making sense. Silence would have been more sensible.
.... take this tongue
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by abhosts(m): 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2016
930 Dirham is approximately 253 USD. That means you were billed about 379 Naira to a Dollar.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 09, 2016
kennygee:
In Davido's voice "Shey na by force to go Dubai".

You should do them a mail or call their Customer care line.

Someone was not honest with you as regards the charges for transactions, when it is not London you traveled to, 10k is an exorbitant amount.

Meanwhile, its possible a fraud is being committed on ur account o. A woman came to complain in Diamond bank about transactions she didnt carry out but was debited for, the ATM and Credit card fraud abroad is on another level.
I think am in luv.....barrage of kisses and a bouquet of red n yellow roses .
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by NigerianScholar: 1:20pm On Jun 09, 2016
I think wah he/she meant was about 200+ naira for every dhs or 10 or 100. Thats how It works
Bisjosh:
Hello Nl fam,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Celebrates Birthday With His Family In London (photos) / How Has Coronavirus Affected Your Business? / 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.