Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:11 AM

Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval (23670 Views)

Buhari Nominates Anthony Ojukwu As NHRC Boss, Writes Senate For Approval / BREAKING: Buhari Sends ‘revised’ List Of Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate / Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees And Their State Of Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by chiedu7: 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
Lescalier:
Thank God. With this, he should stop travelling round the world. He now has Ambassadors.

Out of the 20 names listed so far, 11 are from the north. (Just thinking)
k

Northocracy continues, then they will say one Nigeria becos of NIger delta oil

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by Beehshorp(m): 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
K
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by salabscholar01(m): 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
Some pages of that book contains looters name... looks big grin
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by amtaken(f): 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
Why are they not publishing the list? Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by LAUWALI222(m): 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
I

Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by comrChris(m): 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
sent by osibanjo I guess, abi did buhari write d list on a his sick bed
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by Taryur3(m): 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2016
Lols....from his sick bed?oya continue
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2016
NavierStokes:
"Manufacturing" more political appointees to drain the little change we have left in the system. This government has a very good knack for "majoring" in minor issues and "minoring" in major issues.
So it's now wrong to have ambassadors and high commissioners?
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 09, 2016
NavierStokes:
"Manufacturing" more political appointees to drain the little change we have left in the system. This government has a very good knack for "majoring" in minor issues and "minoring" in major issues.
.......So PMB just newly introduced the AMBASSADORIAL POSITION IN TO THE NIGERIA SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT abi ?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by ipreach: 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2016
where is my name?
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by basadenet: 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2016
As at today Northerners held more than 80% of key sector positions, so he might change this time to douse tension but that changes nothing.
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by DTaj: 1:20pm On Jun 09, 2016
NavierStokes:

You are too daft to understand anything! How is appointing ambassadors an equivalent of "manufacturing political appointments"?

I blame Buhari; he should have fired the former guys since May 30 2015!

How could a new government still allow political appointees of a previous government (from an opposition party) remain in office for 13 months after take over? So many PDP guys are still holding political appointments- people like Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, Senator Bob Effiong, and many others...
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by basadenet: 1:23pm On Jun 09, 2016
Kullant:
.......So PMB just newly introduced the AMBASSADORIAL POSITION IN TO THE NIGERIA SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT abi ?

Nice one...He truly needs it urgently.
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by Yahami(m): 1:31pm On Jun 09, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] I Hope to see Kogite in the List!!! We are tired of Non-inclusive in this Government
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
NavierStokes:
I saw what you did there smiley
Excellent word play my friend
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by NavierStokes(m): 1:40pm On Jun 09, 2016
jenigurl:

I saw what you did there smiley
Excellent word play my friend
Thanks milady.
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by blackpanda: 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
NavierStokes:

Appointment of ambassador is not a minor issue
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by NavierStokes(m): 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
DTaj:

You are too daft to understand anything! How is appointing ambassadors an equivalent of "manufacturing political appointments"?

I blame Buhari; he should have fired the former guys since May 30 2015!

How could a new government still allow political appointees of a previous government (from an opposition party) remain in office for 13 months after take over? So many PDP guys are still holding political appointments- people like Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, Senator Bob Effiong, and many others...

You must be the most unwise person to ever be on this forum, ever heard of sensitive decisions?, things should be done at the right time, most of the missions had their ambassadors recalled a long time ago, have the missions not been running? It's a good thing being done at a very bad time my friend, a time all hands should be on deck to get our economy moving is the best time in your "wise" opinion to deliberate on this silly issue.
Just take a look at yourself again and see the definition of what uou called me.
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by NavierStokes(m): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

So it's now wrong to have ambassadors and high commissioners?

Timing my brother, timing.
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by NavierStokes(m): 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
Kullant:

Right now bro it's a very insensitive thing to do at a time like this.
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by NavierStokes(m): 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
blackpanda:

Appointment of ambassador is not a minor issue

Yes true bro, but at a time like this I am afraid it is. The people on the street of those who voted will all agree that it's quite insensitive considering current realities.
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
Goals never change, only approach does in Nigeria politics of today.

ALL IS WELL.
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by 36STATES: 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2016
Did anyone notice the two books on the table. Pure confirmation that this guy is a dullard. How can a 77yrs old man be reading thesaurus and dictionary, the only two books he reads.
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2016
NavierStokes:

So broz ! Ambassadors are not part of the President's cabinet abi ? And GEJ did not Appoint Ambassadors when he took over after Yar'adua died abi ?

And people like BIANCA OJUKWU and co were all appointed by Obasanjo and Yar'adua abi ?

And changing Ambassadors is increasing their new Ambassadors salaries abi ?

I THINK YOU TOO, SHOULD URGENTLY. ...

Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by NavierStokes(m): 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
Kullant:

So broz ! Ambassadors are not part of the President's cabinet abi ? And GEJ did not Appoint Ambassadors when he took over after Yar'adua died abi ?

And people like BIANCA OJUKWU and co were all appointed by Obasanjo and Yar'adua abi ?

I THINK YOU TOO, SHOULD URGENTLY. ...

Making wrong comparisons, you have had your say now move on.
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2016
NavierStokes:

And you are saying that the President should not change the Ambassadors he inherited from GEJ in order to be sensitive to Nigerians abi ?

I THINK HIGH TIME YOU TOO, URGENTLY. ...

Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
NavierStokes:

Timing my brother, timing.
When is the right time?
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by blackpanda: 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2016
NavierStokes:

Yes true bro, but at a time like this I am afraid it is. The people on the street of those who voted will all agree that it's quite insensitive considering current realities.

Insensitive how?? These people have jobs to do. Or shld we leave our embassies unmanned. To be ambassador is not a chieftancy title my friend. Those people represent the President in those countries and they our vital for international diplomacy and foreign policy. Its not a joke
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by NavierStokes(m): 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
blackpanda:

Insensitive how?? These people have jobs to do. Or shld we leave our embassies unmanned. To be ambassador is not a chieftancy title my friend. Those people represent the President in those countries and they our vital for international diplomacy and foreign policy. Its not a joke

And hasn't the system been running since members of the last set were recalled?
At a time of economic gloom such as this which obviously is an emergency, I think making appointments such as this is the last thing the hungry man I see everyday, wants to hear. Whichever way we try to argue it doesn't take away the fact that the timing of the appointments is insensitive considering what the country is going through, or did the president just realize he needed to have representations out there?
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by busyfishing(m): 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
NavierStokes:
you come here and just type.Get a brain please
Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by nnabeloved: 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
The All Promise Changed (APC) is still deceiving gullible minds

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval by NavierStokes(m): 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
busyfishing:
you come here and just type.Get a brain please

I could have used yours only it's a single digit processor, single digit I.Q, single digit SSD.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adeyanju Deji And Charly Boy Visit Ooni Of Ife / Sanwo-Olu Approves Increase In BRT Fares By ₦100 / Nigerian Navy Acquires 2 Ocea-Built FPB 110 Mk II Fast Patrol Boats (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.