Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice (30402 Views)

Relocating To Ghana: Kumasi Or Accra Please Advice / Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / 7 Attitudes You Should Have On Lagos Roads If You Are Relocating To Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by nellyelitz(m): 5:43pm On Jun 10, 2016
youngest85:
pls, i'm on my knees.... No jst try am o!
Hahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by 190theclown: 5:44pm On Jun 10, 2016
MadCow1:

Who our culture don help Uncle?..

angry angry angry angry

With all the Culture for here, where our Economy dey?

What is our productivity as a nation?

How has our Culture helped us?

Culture of mediocrity.. angry

All my Kids will be born abroad, raised abroad and only brought back here to exploit the opportunities here using all they have learnt from overseas. angry

God punish Culture. angry

[size=38pt]ROTFL grin grin[/size]
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by justwise(m): 5:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
Inova:
I wonder why you hv come here to seek the opinions of kids that hv access to internet.
Nairaland has been invaded by toddlers that do not hv any interest in constructive discussion.
As for my opinion, Nigeria is a great place to be. Its just undergoing some restructuring which naturally causes few harsh conditions. This will fade away soon though
You can come home to spend some time bonding with family.
Career oportunities are also great here especially for those with experience both in and out of the country like you I presume.
There are good schools where yiur kids can go to like Atlantic Hall, Chrisland etc. If your kids need to be in a tetiary institute, I will also advise you send them to a private instituion like Covenant univ, Babcok Univ etc
Though power is still epileptic thanks to our brother in SS bombinng the gas facilities and thus poluting thir environs, you can still get youself an aparrment in an estate that will be responsible for provision of power like Osborne forshore estate in Ikoyi.
This is not exhaustive but I believe it can help you in making an informed decision.
I wish you well

Inova

You called people who gave their opinions KIDS but here you are misleading the op.

Nigeria is undergoing some restructuring ? Tell me when the reconstruction started.

You are blaming power problem on SS bombing? Has Nigeria ever had a stable power supple? And when?

4 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by ebenice(m): 6:15pm On Jun 10, 2016
@op I understand your plight

I know a family friend who did the same thing u are planning to do..but the husband stay back in London while the kids and the wife live n school in Nigeria ..

don't mind those ones telling u not to bring them home its either because they've not tested child upbringing or they are mostly youths who just feel everything is OK in a white mans land including morals

money is not everything ...why raise mannerless kids

experience with these children when they come visiting is worrying ..imagine a 7yr old girl telling her mum not to beat her for wrong doing that's she's of age n she has her right ..then the older brother of 9 say he will called police on their mum for scolding them...just imagine ..n this are Yoruba children whom are suppose to nurture respect

so bro do the needful

God bless
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by CioAngels(f): 6:24pm On Jun 10, 2016
Do you have a good job, your children in school, pay your bills and not starving? Please stay there and see your children through good education, health service, water and others. Please don't bring them back so you don't regret your actions later. You and your wife should teach your children morals. The children of our leaders are all abroad schooling.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by kunlegboye(m): 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2016
I could remember,when my Uncle that has stayed long in USA came back home last year,He said he was amazed at how we accorded him with respect when he was here...He just couldnt hide his feels about this!...He did say that if he had had the opportunity,would have long ago brought his children back to Nigeria who have now turned to what he doesnt like over there..you..If you know this wont affect you later, as in finance please bring them back!!
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Distinguishy(m): 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
;DHmmmm, dat tin dat is callinu 2 Nigeria no be God o! Na charm o!
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by ToniBlaize: 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2016
Bros I hope say no because 1dollar na 340 now na wetin dey inspire.. the status of naija now.. if i see opportunity.. make we swap i for appreciate oo.. u can inherit all i have here.. lemme just inherit ur residential permit along with work permit... grin
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Aposteli1(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2016
Hmmm!! Nobody Can Know What You're Passing Through More Than Yourself.My own advice is that,there's nothing bad in relocating back to Nigeria.That's if you are financially ok to set up a good business for yourself, atleast wealthy people are living fine in Naija, but if Your name is ( Struggle Continue).Plss!! For Christ Sake, continue Your Struggle There & Rebuke Every Satan Attack That Want Your Downfall. God Bless
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Luther0luther: 6:57pm On Jun 10, 2016

3 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
You are only trying to run away from your responsibilities of bringing up your children and devoting your time. there is no environment you cannot bring children. Europe is even far better than the Nigeria you are running to. Become a Christian and live a life of good examples to them. You can discipline them safely not necessarily by beating them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by ezan(m): 12:25am On Jun 11, 2016
Nairaland should change its name to NeverNigeriaLand.com. The negativity from the mostly immature members towards Nigeria leaves me wondering if there are 2 Nigerias. Things are really that bad but yet they have time to 'browse', access to smartphones and the Internet!

OP, you're asking for advice via the wrong channel. Pidgin: carry your own 2 legs travel to Nigeria first, and assess the situation for yourself. The basics, you need a source of income - duh - and a place to live. Are you in business? Is it transferable? This is the MOST important issue when relocating. Money answereth all. Place to live? You can't go wrong with Lagos as your choice. Pidgin: RENT FIRST, before you look to buy or build house for your village. Test the waters. And lastly, no carry your children wey dey used to European lifestyle go put for village O! Choose Lagos or another 'developed' city and gradually ease your children into the African lifestyle with frequent visits and extended stays.

And BTW, who says you have to limit your horizon to just Nigeria? There're plenty of nice and beautiful cities in Africa. Plan well. Cheers.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by LeanonGOD(m): 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2016
Look Before You......................
[color=#990000]My dear brother, you need to do a proper research about everything beginning from
1. Location - where are you going to reside - unless you are very loaded financially you cannot reside in Lagos or Abuja, be far from your family and friends.
Secondly, your source of income in Nigeria - you and your wife cannot have a full time job in Nigeria otherwise your children will be open to All type of Abuse - and for Christ SAKE Don't put your children in boarding school including Christian or Moslem school.
Thirdly, You need a very good medical doctor, a lawyer, and a senior police/army officer that will be on stand-by for your family but you have to put them on your pay roll.
Fourthly, Nigerians have Very Bad Temper - Very Quick to get Angry and they are Always ready to take their anger and frustrations on anybody - you need to warn your children schools teachers not to take their frustration on your children - there is No counseling in Nigeria schools - they beat for Everything. Can your western born children COPE with average 12 subject per day - you are going to need evening teachers for your children.
AVOID having a driver, house girl/boy and gateman in your house - they are worse than Cobra attack.

My family went back to Nigeria for 2years, we were frustrated in every avenue - we were robbed. The clearing agents at TinCan Island of the Nigeria Ports Authority have PHDs in Evil. It is a COMPLETE Waste of Time to report/complain to the concern management/authority or even the police.

We thank God for our time in that mini-Jungle, we returned in Good health. Children love Nigeria but just for visit.

SO, LOOK O BEFORE YOU LEAP

[/color][color=#006600][/color]

2 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by predatorX: 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
You can only be asking this foolish question if you have dual citizenship.

Nigeria cannot secure her borders, food security is zero, job security is zero, do you think your children's future is guaranteed?

And you know the culture over there and the freedom of speech right, here you talk anyhow na ordinary constable for police, who should normally be an urchin, go beat you up. This country is hopeless.

Just so you know, pray nothing takes your kids to any of the General Hospitals, that's where you'd get to know how inhuman Nigerians are. You, the sick, would bribe medical officers just to negotiate a long queue.

But if you want your children to curse your tombstone, by all means return

5 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Peacetemi: 9:23am On Jun 13, 2016
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by bebe2(f): 10:20am On Jun 13, 2016
I would not have bothered with a reply but be cos u mentioned kids,

I just came back 2days ago with my husband and 2kids.

It's not a sane place to live especially if ur kids were born in Europe.

If u really want to do it, then u go home for 6months, dat will help ur decision making.

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by hartson(m): 11:44am On Aug 12, 2016
bebe2:

If u really want to do it, then u go home for 6months, dat will help ur decision making.
All the advise here will leave the OP more confused.
Hey,but your case is not the same with the OP na.You came in with your kids to spend the holidays and go back,is itn't?
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Pidggin(f): 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2016
bebe2:

It's not a sane place to live? Why do you keep coming back for visits?

OP, in terms of morals you can raise your kids the way you want here and no one will question you. It's much easier to bring up good kids down here than in Europe
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by bebe2(f): 9:39am On Aug 14, 2016
hartson:
All the advise here will leave the OP more confused.
Hey,but your case is not the same with the OP na.You came in with your kids to spend the holidays and go back,is itn't?
@pidggin

Yes. Am sorry if I sound blunt. I don't want to sugar coat it. I was extremely hard on my kids.

Being in doors was tough. The day times were better. But wen it's night and the gen comes on, The noise drove my kids crazy.

For older kids maybe, for younger kids I would say it a No.

And come to think of it, are Nigerian kids perfect?
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by bebe2(f): 9:44am On Aug 14, 2016
Pidggin:

It's not a sane place to live? Why do you keep coming back for visits?

OP, in terms of morals you can raise your kids the way you want here and no one will question you. It's much easier to bring up good kids down here than in Europe

Becos of my extended family. So they can know my kids and my kids can know their roots.

Nothing else.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Pidggin(f): 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2016
bebe2:

Becos of my extended family. So they can know my kids and my kids can know their roots.

Nothing else.

That's something you don't get easily abroad. There you are easily forgotten especially when you get old but here people care
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Pidggin(f): 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2016
bebe2:
@pidggin

Yes. Am sorry if I sound blunt. I don't want to sugar coat it. I was extremely hard on my kids.

Being in doors was tough. The day times were better. But wen it's night and the gen comes on, The noise drove my kids crazy.

For older kids maybe, for younger kids I would say it a No.

And come to think of it, are Nigerian kids perfect?

No, Nigerian kids are not perfect but you can mold them as you want without anyone questioning your authority over them

It was your choice to keep them indoors all the time, you could have taken them on outings if you wanted. Younger kids survive down here too you know, it's not a death sentence bringing them to your own country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: Car Accident In Wuse II, Abuja. / 5 Interesting, Yet Wierd Facts About Nigerians / Plane Crashes Into New Jersey Home, Killing Pilot And Sparking Fire. VIDEO

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.