Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,080 members, 7,814,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice (30397 Views)

Relocating To Ghana: Kumasi Or Accra Please Advice / Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / 7 Attitudes You Should Have On Lagos Roads If You Are Relocating To Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:
Yes I know how difficult things are in Nigeria right now. Everyday I read and hear from the media news and articles about Nigeria that trouble the heart.
Life in Europe is better in terms of basic needs as humans, but socially it has decayed beyond imagination. The future of our children is at stake here socially and morally. The western culture is eating deep in our children.
So I'm considering bringing my family down to Nigeria to train them in our own culture.
Do you think I'm making a mistake?
Please your candid advice.
I have a 3 bedroom bungalow here where u can stay but do me a favor too secure a visa for and let me be living in ur house over there, I will give u my house here.

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
Vickyydera:
Rich folks are even the ones with dual citizenship let me tell you.

A non sequitur.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Dubemkelly(m): 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2016
Culture? You kidding or. just learning an apprenticeship in Comedy. Its no better here, anybody who aint properly trained would become like that so u start giving them the adequate training n culture wherever u are. Not a wise decision though. Charity begins at home.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:

A non sequitur.
What I Said Is Not A Non Sequitur. If You Wont Believe Me, No Problem.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by quickly: 12:39pm On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:
Yes I know how difficult things are in Nigeria right now. Everyday I read and hear from the media news and articles about Nigeria that trouble the heart.
Life in Europe is better in terms of basic needs as humans, but socially it has decayed beyond imagination. The future of our children is at stake here socially and morally. The western culture is eating deep in our children.
So I'm considering bringing my family down to Nigeria to train them in our own culture.

Can't u ask u r family members in Nigeria why ask on naira land that is full of sufferhead and hungry people.
For example
If u ask dangote dis same question he w iill tell u he is building a refinery.

In Europe all u yrs of education can be thrown into dustbin

Watt of lack freedom due to racism
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:

I can understand your viewpoint. Sexual perversion is terrible in Europe. Not to talk of freedom for children as little as 5years old calling 911 on you when you as a parent opposes his or her choice of sexuality or social preference.

It's a tough decision but I'll advise you setup a business in Nigeria first and then you relocate them when you're sure the business can sustain all of you in Nigeria. You can also ensure they have periodic holidays in Europe.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by ephi123(f): 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
See how Nigerians are trashing their country upandan!

OP,
Nairaland is not the best forum for your question unfortunately.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by kolaish(m): 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:
lf you are financially bouyant, please relocate them to nigeria. The only problem is when you don't have enough money to send them tothe best schools Iin Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
Op has the children started smoking marijuana? If no, bring them we will teach them here. Bring them o.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2016
Vickyydera:
What I Said Is Not A Non Sequitur. If You Wont Believe Me, No Problem.

But it is.

Many rich people are not leaving Nigeria. That they have dual citizenship from previous life abroad doesn't diminish the fact that they now live in Nigeria.

You don't loose your citizenship because you now live in a different country.

Hence the non sequitur.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
ephi123:
See how Nigerians are trashing their country upandan!

OP,
Nairaland is not the best forum for your question unfortunately.

Especially the travel section which is filed with potential escapees grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by gare(f): 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:

It is a good idea but the time is bad, so I would advice you bring them for holidays down here, but coming back here to settle is a very bad idea, the whole country is messed up, we don't seem to understand what's going on.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:

But it is.

Many rich people are not leaving Nigeria. That they have dual citizenship from previous life abroad doesn't diminish the fact that they now live in Nigeria.

You don't loose your citizenship because you now live in a different country.

Hence the non sequitur.
Are You Talking From A Wealthy Guy Perspective Or A Heresay Perspective?
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Cmelz: 12:50pm On Jun 10, 2016
kenkenny55:
yes it doesn't change that. Let's not discourage someone from coming to his home land. Its his choice... Someone who wants to bring his family home already knew what he is about to face. He didn't say he is not reading news nd since he is on nairaland he knows what is happening nd I believe he still have friends and family.
are u an enemy of progress
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by ephi123(f): 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Especially the travel section which is filed with potential escapees grin

Haha grin
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 10, 2016
Vickyydera:
Are You Talking From A Wealthy Guy Perspective Or A Heresay Perspective?

It doesn't matter.

If you're financially well off then Nigeria is fine.

How many of your rich folks have emigrated? Name just one.

Embassy staff and their families live quite well in Nigeria also.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by smiliyB(f): 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2016
[quote author=aloziedaya post=46438400] Dn't mind the likes u'r seeing on some ppl's comment,pls if the environment is affecting the upbringing of ur children,kindly bring them back home bcus I know their way of training kids is a No No...there'r some ppl here still surviving,ur kids future are more important.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by babadee1(m): 1:03pm On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:

For the sake of your children you better not do it. You can train them in our culture over there too. Just put in the extra effort.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by justwise(m): 1:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
Bashir75:

My brother i understand you because i live right here too. Nigeria is not as bad as Nigerians would make us believed. Things are changing,it might not be as fast as struggling Nigerians want but it surely changing. Nigerians who are at home thinking living in US or Europe is eldorado are joking. You can have all you desire it times of education and good life,clubbing. But socially is not worth it, your kids would grow up with some social vices like Lesbianism and gay are normal. Soon, there's transgender law in the offing , where man or woman who changed their sex for another to share same toilet and bathroom with your children be it male or female. Also, i have a friend who married a foreign wife and they have never deem to visit his family back home in Nigeria for decades. I have close family friend here in US, a Yourba man from Oyo who died last year and his children for the american wife(dead) are struggling to connect their father's family,begging to help them locate or find her father's family. I only assumed he was from OYO because of the tribal marks. So many things are wrong socially in spite of the good things of life but raising children to be responsible it difficult.
Lastly, racism is raising it's ugly head more than ever, and there's no place like home. You can be set up for a crime,as prisons is privately owned and commercially in their stock exchange market. If your kids don't end up on the street with drugs, set up for jail, become nuisance drinking and gaming, or discriminate against in spite of his or her education,she can become gay or lesbians or baby mamas. In fact Nigerians is feeling the impact of globalization. If you can run a moderate business, build a moderate comfortable home in a secure place in Nigeria to raise your family. I will support you. Forgive my errors.

You don't have those in Nigeria?
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2016
i for one would really prefer to raise my kids in cape town (knysna to be precise) and am working towards achieving that goal.....Nigeria mtcheeeew the only thing good about it now is the farm lands

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by wiringdpt(m): 1:14pm On Jun 10, 2016
Bros keep them there.
aloziedaya:
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Chinwem(f): 1:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
If you have the money, send them to a good private school in Abuja and then they can return on holidays. That's if you have the money.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by teacherbim(f): 1:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
You must be joking
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by AAinEqGuinea: 1:23pm On Jun 10, 2016
Sirmuel1:

Come and try Baba Ijebu, all your money go finish within a twinkle of an eye grin grin
luckily I dont play luck games. But I'd love to try my luck. As they say, do as in Nigeria smiley
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 10, 2016
DONT BRING THEM PLEASE
aloziedaya:
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by smileysmiley(f): 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2016
op if your kids are spoilt, then I'll say you and your wife did a terrible job with their upbringing... you gave them a free hand... my aunt stays in the US with her kids, they were born there and only visit Nigeria once in a blue moon but you can never tell from their attitude cause they are full of respect and they behave how any well trained Nigerian child should behave, they are teenagers so believe me when I say they are well trained cause I know how these foreign trained teenagers behave, their mum doesn't fail to give them a resetting slap when they misbehave... as for relocating, if you think that's the right thing to do now then you can but don't use your kid's upbringing as an excuse cause you allowed them grow thinking they were white kids, what happened to taking the culture with you, you raised Yankee kids so live with it cause there is really little you can do now, you will only end up frustrating those kids and making them alienate themselves from you, don't bring in the force you didn't bring in at the beginning, be gentle with them

3 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by denitro(m): 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2016
BIG MISTAKE
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by ipledge5: 1:37pm On Jun 10, 2016
nery20:

Oga which one be slave mentality? Watin concern with that. Am talking about standard of living. Rihanna is there now enjoying herself and so are many others. Nigeria way equal right dey u dey enjoy am. God has good plan for me sha
LOL well I think it worth it
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by 0ubenji(m): 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2016
DONMAYOR19:
this is how people will see light and still prefer darkness to it. u want to leave USA and come to Nigeria to suffer abi? oya do quick o.
Na for Europe USA dey?..smh
2 tinz are definitely at work in u.

Either u aint readin

Or

U aint finkin
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by NotNairalandi(m): 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2016
Vickyydera:
Strike nke a gwuru ike .
God dey!
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Sleekdude4u(m): 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:
So I'm considering bringing my family down to Nigeria to train them in our own culture.U are welcom ma brada, Nigeria will b beta b4 d end of dis year. Buhari is workn Nigerians are smilling. E go beta!
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by IAmTobore(m): 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:
Why don't you come and see for yourself before deciding to bring them or not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: Car Accident In Wuse II, Abuja. / 5 Interesting, Yet Wierd Facts About Nigerians / Plane Crashes Into New Jersey Home, Killing Pilot And Sparking Fire. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.