Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic (3500 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) / A Catholic Priest Celebrates Christ In A Traditional Way In Anambra / Gunmen Kill Worshippers At A Catholic Church In Ozubulu, Anambra State (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by eezor: 8:48am On Jun 12, 2016
Are you all arguing with Catholic Church? Who compiled and assembled the Bible, and removed and add the books which they think is good for the church? Nd kept in their archives, those that might not be pleasing to u as a Christian? Are u arguing with them that have the remaining books and transcripts of the Bible? And all the history of the early church? I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Syncan(m): 9:02am On Jun 12, 2016
Splinz:

Again, on the contrary, you lacked an iota of wisdom. For if you had any, you wouldn't have been overly excited over a glaring error.

Proverbs 18:2-3 Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions. No wonder!

2 Likes

Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Empredboy(m): 9:09am On Jun 12, 2016
Syncan:

Proverbs 18:2-3 Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions. No wonder!
proverb 26:4-5
4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like
him. 5 Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.

1 Like

Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Splinz(m): 9:14am On Jun 12, 2016
Syncan:

Hmm. The fool is the one who only quotes scriptures to support his delusion. Not surprised, it is the stock in trade of the accursed ones wallowing in darkness. Such a pity.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Syncan(m): 9:31am On Jun 12, 2016
Empredboy:
proverb 26:4-5
4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like
him. 5 Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.

Exactly bro. That's why I had to expose him to what our scriptures say of him. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Syncan(m): 9:58am On Jun 12, 2016
Splinz:

Hmm. The fool is the one who only quotes scriptures to support his delusion. Not surprised, it is the stock in trade of the accursed ones wallowing in darkness. Such a pity.

Proverbs 18:7 The mouths of fools are their ruin; they trap themselves with their lips.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Splinz(m): 10:10am On Jun 12, 2016
Syncan:

Proverbs 18:7 The mouths of fools are their ruin; they trap themselves with their lips.
Indeed! A fool that says his demonic church owns the scriptures, yet it is evident that the scriptures were of divine origin. The entrapment of this fool is really great.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by orisa37: 10:20am On Jun 12, 2016
Catholicism is Christianity. Catholic wrote two versions of The Bible: The Vulgate and The KJV. So Catholic discovered Christ Jesus, The Gospel, The Acts, The Hebrew The Epistle, The Revelation and The Septuagint. KJV was written by Catholics for Anglicans.

1 Like

Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Syncan(m): 10:29am On Jun 12, 2016
Splinz:

Indeed! A fool that says his demonic church owns the scriptures, yet it is evident that the scriptures were of divine origin. The entrapment of this fool is really great.

Proverbs 18:13 Spouting off before listening to the facts is both shameful and foolish.

1 Like

Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Splinz(m): 10:34am On Jun 12, 2016
Syncan:

Proverbs 18:13 Spouting off before listening to the facts is both shameful and foolish.
This fool has no facts but gigantic lies & myths. It is indeed shameful and foolish.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Syncan(m): 11:09am On Jun 12, 2016
Splinz:

This fool has no facts but gigantic lies & myths. It is indeed shameful and foolish.

Proverbs 18:6-7 Fools’ words get them into constant quarrels; they are asking for a beating. That's why i am flogging you with scriptures. It's not my fault boy, it's scriptural.

1 Like

Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Splinz(m): 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2016
Syncan:

Proverbs 18:6-7 Fools’ words get them into constant quarrels; they are asking for a beating. That's why i am flogging you with scriptures. It's not my fault boy, it's scriptural.
Twisting scriptures to suit your fooleries gives me no pleasure. I've refrained from it cos I can't stoop to your level.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Empredboy(m): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2016
crusadistic:
These are mostly pseudo-history which are based on the same catholic tradition that promotes idolatory,so why should they be believed?
hypocrites you accuse catholic for venerating images yet you recite the national anthem also salute the man made flag of Nigeria.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Empredboy(m): 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
crusadistic:
These are mostly pseudo-history which are based on the same catholic tradition that promotes idolatory,so why should they be believed?
hypocrites you accuse catholic for venerating images yet you recite the national anthem also salute the man made flag of Nigeria. Still you mount different country flags in your Church. Now you will come here and claim bible scholar. Continuuu
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by whitestar01(m): 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
Are u a godly christain or just a catholic?
Only righteous ones will make heaven.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by orunto27: 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
Catholic is general but Roman Catholic is specific. Other specific catholic churches are Anglican catholics, Methodist catholics, Baptist catholics, Penticostal catholics etc.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Anas09: 10:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
theEYe21:
I get to worship a goddess, which is Mary cheesy man Gods are soo overrated grin
You said one reason you are a Catholic, but how many did you end up giving.
Very correct assertion, you are worshipping a goddess Mary. But obviously, not Mary of the Bible, because she was never a goddess. You are an Idol worshipper.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Anas09: 10:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
crusadistic:
Go and sit down Tartar, Islam is pseudo-Cathilic.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Anas09: 10:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
Empredboy:
y don't u appreciate someone who proclaims his religion than to find unnecessary fault in his doctrine. My bible tells me that the greatest commandment is the love of God and man. So if my Church natures and groom me on these commandment then i think i am in the right part with God. By the way, many catholics had explained catholism to you in the past so of what use is my explanation to you.
Am not sure you read the Bible, because if you do and believe in it, then you shd know that you are in rebellion.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Anas09: 10:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
Syncan:
What we know today as scripture, in Christiandom, is what the Catholic church decided,to call scripture.
Yet the Catholic fought with rigour to wipe it's existence from man. Do you know that anyone who tries to keep the Bible away from man by burning up the scriptures is antichrist Scriptures, and antichrist?
The Catholic Church burnt Bibles like no one organization has ever done. Even Islam hasn't done the kind of damage the Catholic Church did and is still doing to Christiandom.
You keep hailing yourselves for compiling the Bible, almost to the point of making it sound like the Catholic Church wrote the Bible.
Clap for yourself.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Anas09: 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
Empredboy:
ok since you want to know i will give u biblical reason.
(1) THE FOUNDATION OF THE CHURCH the Church is built on the rock called peter and on the promise of christ to the Church. Matthew 16:18.
(2) THE SACRAMENT OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH. The Church has 7 sacrament namly BAPTISM,CONFIRMATION, HOLY EUCHARIST, PENANCE, ANNOITING OF THE SICK, HOLY ORDER and MATRIMONY. These verses say more about the 7 sacraments.
The following are verses commonly cited to
support the Roman Catholic belief concerning
the sacraments: “Therefore I remind you to stir
up the gift of God which is in you through the
laying on of my hands" ( 2 Timothy 1:6 ). "Jesus
answered, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, unless
one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot
enter the kingdom of God’" ( John 3:5 ). "Not by
works of righteousness which we have done,
but according to His mercy He saved us,
through the washing of regeneration and
renewing of the Holy Spirit" ( Titus 3:5 ). "That
He might sanctify and cleanse her with the
washing of water by the word" ( Ephesians
5:26 ). "If you forgive the sins of any, they are
forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they
are retained" ( John 20:23 ). "And the prayer of
faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise
him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be
forgiven" ( James 5:15 ). "Then they laid hands
on them, and they received the Holy
Spirit" ( Acts 8:17 ). "Whoever eats My flesh and
drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise
him up at the last day. For My flesh is food
indeed, and My blood is drink indeed" ( John
6:54-55 ).
You see yourself? Hahahahahahahaha. O dear.
Guy, the Church was not build on Peter. The church is built on the REVELATION Peter had of Christ.
If you Insist that Peter was the Rock the church is built on, you must also insist that Peter is SATAN. because in that same Matt 16 verse 18 where Christ made that pronouncement, in verse 23 of that same chapter, he call Peter Satan, and said he was an offense to him.
Do you agree?
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Anas09: 11:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
Empredboy:
mathew 16 :18. John 6:54-55, john 20:23, john 3:5,
What do the scriptures say, and keep them within context
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Anas09: 11:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
eezor:
Are you all arguing with Catholic Church? Who compiled and assembled the Bible, and removed and add the books which they think is good for the church? Nd kept in their archives, those that might not be pleasing to u as a Christian? Are u arguing with them that have the remaining books and transcripts of the Bible? And all the history of the early church? I rest my case.
And, have you read those other books?
What are their names.
What was the Creteria for choosing the ones in the Bible let now? Let's start with this.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Anas09: 11:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
Splinz:

Twisting scriptures to suit your fooleries gives me no pleasure. I've refrained from it cos I can't stoop to your level.
Bros stop answering these people. A dead man doesn't hear. They are dead.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Anas09: 11:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
orunto27:
Catholic is general but Roman Catholic is specific. Other specific catholic churches are Anglican catholics, Methodist catholics, Baptist catholics, Penticostal catholics etc.
See this one. Lolzzzz. Go on deluding yourself.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by theEYe21(f): 11:45pm On Jun 12, 2016
grin
Anas09:

You said one reason you are a Catholic, but how many did you end up giving.
Very correct assertion, you are worshipping a goddess Mary. But obviously, not Mary of the Bible, because she was never a goddess. You are an Idol worshipper.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by orunto27: 6:31am On Jun 13, 2016
Simple issue, why do you want to drag it?
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Syncan(m): 7:11am On Jun 13, 2016
Anas09:
Yet the Catholic fought with rigour to wipe it's existence from man. Do you know that anyone who tries to keep the Bible away from man by burning up the scriptures is antichrist Scriptures, and antichrist?
The Catholic Church burnt Bibles like no one organization has ever done. Even Islam hasn't done the kind of damage the Catholic Church did and is still doing to Christiandom.
You keep hailing yourselves for compiling the Bible, almost to the point of making it sound like the Catholic Church wrote the Bible.
Clap for yourself.

If you do not repent of your lies, eternal damnation awaits you, no matter how much noise you make on NL religious section. To you I had earlier posted this a year ago. https://www.nairaland.com/2387888/current-former-opus-dei-here#34901151

Now you start again with lies. Again I find myself admonishing you with scriptures:

Ex 23:1 - You shall not spread a false report.You shall not join hands with a wicked man to be a malicious witness.

Prov 19:9 - A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish

The Catholic Church led by the Holy Spirit gave the world the Bible. The Church spread Christianity to the ends of the earth and carried the bible along. The Church knew that the unlearned and unstable will wrench the scripture unto their own distruction 2Pet.3:16 and in her wisdom restricted it's use at that time to the clergy and the learned. Just like Eve and Adam who curiosity led to disobedience, so did the curiosity of your protestant Fathers lead them to disobedience. What is the result in both cases? Adam's disobedience brought sin and death Rom.5:12, Your protestant father's disobedience brought your present hatred for me and my brethren, the children of the woman Rev.12:17. All one needs to do is look at Christendom as a whole, and you'll see the utter confusion they caused. Just one example for you, In case you are not aware, you are with the mark of the beast, according to "bible reading" seventh day Adventist.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Splinz(m): 7:19am On Jun 13, 2016
Anas09:

Bros stop answering these people. A dead man doesn't hear. They are dead.
Dead indeed. I thought he'll dare try to back up his heretical nonsense with the usual myths and lies of the Catholic hierachy. They can only deceive the unlearned, those not priviledged to classified information and history.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Empredboy(m): 7:37am On Jun 13, 2016
Anas09:
Clap for yourself.
tell us the bible part that was burnt by the Catholic Church
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Empredboy(m): 8:02am On Jun 13, 2016
Anas09:

You see yourself? Hahahahahahahaha. O dear.
Guy, the Church was not build on Peter. The church is built on the REVELATION Peter had of Christ.
If you Insist that Peter was the Rock the church is built on, you must also insist that Peter is SATAN. because in that same Matt 16 verse 18 where Christ made that pronouncement, in verse 23 of that same chapter, he call Peter Satan, and said he was an offense to him.
Do you agree?
Stop quoting bible this way. What was christ promise to peter's Church? What was the reason why christ said to peter get behind me? Was peter under the guidance of the holy spirit in the second one compare to the First one? Remember the response christ gave to him "not by flesh but my father in heaven" so get behind me satan is a fallable statement that GOs, pope say each time. Example GO of winner chapel said during the election that GEJ will win. Does it me the holy 2016 spirit had left him? Did the bible tell u that the holy spirit descended on peter to warrant christ statement of 'get behind me satan "? But it did when he declared who christ was.
Re: This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic by Empredboy(m): 8:07am On Jun 13, 2016
Anas09:

Am not sure you read the Bible, because if you do and believe in it, then you shd know that you are in rebellion.
y did u say so? U a bible verse to prove your points. Seriously u are not saying any thing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu / Why Do Athiest Discriminate / Is The Yoruba Eshu The Same As Christian Devil ,Satan ,Lucifer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.