Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

If God Ask You To Make A Wish, What Would You Ask For? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Ask You To Make A Wish, What Would You Ask For? (4307 Views)

Suleman To El-Rufai: “You Are Dead Already, Ask For Date Of Your Burial" (video) / Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? / If God Grants You Just One Wish, What Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Ask You To Make A Wish, What Would You Ask For? by Ejarune(m): 8:10am On Mar 26, 2007
If God ask you to make a wish, what would you ask for?

At Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon during the night in a dream, and God said, "Ask for whatever you want me to give you."  1 Kings 3:5
As I read this story in the scripture I was faced with the question to myself, If God appears to me now and ask me to make a Wish of one thing, what is that one thing I would ask. I know I have so many things I really desire and would want to have now in life but how do I make this choice?

Solomon made a choice that gave him more than he could ever expect. This shows that there could be just one thing that I can ask for and every other thing would follow suit. Solomon asked for wisdom- 1 Kings 3: 6: So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?" . In that wisdom he got many things he needed.

Wisdom is very important of all and remember, Jesus is the wisdom of God. This is not a 419 kind of wisdom or ability to trick others. But a wisdom that brings Victory, integrity. Respect, love and peace.

What would you ask for?
Re: If God Ask You To Make A Wish, What Would You Ask For? by busygirl(f): 11:41am On Mar 28, 2007
To love him as much as he loves me.
Re: If God Ask You To Make A Wish, What Would You Ask For? by hotslink(f): 11:58am On Mar 28, 2007
I will ask for his grace in all things
Re: If God Ask You To Make A Wish, What Would You Ask For? by Backslider(m): 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2007
We are supposed to pray for the power of the Holiness of God.

Solomon is the One man that God asked what He wanted Just Look at how he Ended. He ended up Being a Wise Fool.

I think to desire Wisdom is God But We must desire the Fear and the Spirit of Know him more. Like Moses Did, That I may Know Him More.

Selah
Re: If God Ask You To Make A Wish, What Would You Ask For? by Ejarune(m): 9:17am On Mar 30, 2007
Thanks for your contributions on this issue, i quite agree that we need grace to leave to God's Standard. To love him, to love others and even to leave a holy life. and these grace works as a function of knowledge. no wonder Peter told the people in 2 Pet. 1:2 that Grace and peace be multiply unto you through the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The Wisdom we are talking about now in this dispensation is a wisdom that is tight to the knowledge to Jesus (The Truth.). His life and His principle and the application of this truth in our lives. Weather as a Doctor, an Engineer , a lawyer, or what ever you are.

My dearest desire is to be able to leave by God's standard, and this can only be when I have the right knowledge to know what to do and what not to do through the direction of His Spirit in my inner man.

Solomon had a wisdom where he studied nature and could understand the way this should go. but for us now we have the Word of God and the Holy Spirit in us, to help us understand how things should be. So if one would say God let my Understanding be enlightened to know your Will clearly and leave by it. That is what I see as Wisdom.
Re: If God Ask You To Make A Wish, What Would You Ask For? by Nella(f): 6:17pm On Mar 31, 2007
@ topic : If God Ask You To Make A Wish, What Would You Ask For?

hm, let me see---i will wish to have a hundred more wishes to wish!!
lol i'm kidding smiley
I will wish 2 go 2 heaven when i die wink
Re: If God Ask You To Make A Wish, What Would You Ask For? by MAYORIN1(m): 8:47pm On Apr 02, 2007
Make i no deceive myself - I go tell Baba God say I need prosperity (as in MONEY PLENTY MONEY)
Re: If God Ask You To Make A Wish, What Would You Ask For? by Nella(f): 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2007
MAYORIN1:

Make i no deceive myself - I go tell Baba God say I need prosperity (as in MONEY PLENTY MONEY)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If God Ask You To Make A Wish, What Would You Ask For? by MAYORIN1(m): 11:06pm On Apr 03, 2007
Nella - I no lie o cool

(1) (Reply)

"Atheism Is The Dumbest, Most Stupid, Ignorant, Idiotic Thing You Could Imagine" / Spiritual Home: Report Your Case Today And Have A Solution. / About The Mentor Of Pastor Kumuyi, And Pa Akindayomi Of RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.