Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did (60327 Views)

Meet Mamoudou Gassama: The Malian Who Saved A Child In France, The Job Offers / Peter Ndambiri, Kenyan Deputy Governor Caught Sleeping With Another Man's Wife / Woman Catches Husband With Lady In Hotel In Kenya(video/pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by amoduganja: 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
tg
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by stayTrue: 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
Dude should
thank God his boss ain't Dangote.
He would have gone home with stories that touch the heart like:

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Adesiji77: 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
If he were a Naija boss, the staff would have faced the music whether he is on "standby" or not cheesy
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by cnnamoko(m): 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
Lol
Study my signature
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by ochiq(m): 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
People who know how to support and stand by their staffs, will always always have their books in the green
WAECFlyer1:

It’s one thing to be caught sleeping by your boss at work, one thing to be woken up by your boss and definitely another thing when your boss is Richard Branson.
Billionaire Founder of Virgin Group, Richard Branson went to Virgin Australia Headquarters at Sydney Airport to meet cabin crew and stumbled across a snoozing member of staff and Branson says the guy was so shocked when he woke him up that he went back to sleep again.
Branson joked:
‘This guy wasn’t up to much at all – I caught him sleeping on the job! Wow, did he get a shock when I woke him up. He must have thought he was dreaming because he went straight back to sleep.’
‘To be fair, he was on standby, getting some much needed rest.’
‘I love to get out there and meet the people that make our brand shine. Maybe it’s the glorious Southern Hemisphere sun or the salty sea air, it seems like our Aussie team members permanently wear infectious smiles.’

https://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/australian-adventure

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by innocent04: 6:17pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hmm.
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 11, 2016
This man is humane, it's indeed less difficult for this man to make the kingdom of God. Though, from my human perspective.
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by ckhelvin: 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
When something like dis happens in my dear country, the staff in question doesnt need anyone to tel him/her to start looking for a new placement in another organization...our boss for here no get joy...

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by SageTravels: 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
lol
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by musaajebor(m): 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
just imagine Adenuga catch u like dis
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by EROMS38(m): 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
If na Naija dat na automatic sack ooooo. Wicked Ogas evrywhere.

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by SpicyMimi(f): 6:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
Sooooooooooo coooooooool!!!!!! cool
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by deavicky(m): 6:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
This one na small. my md had caught me watching a movie in the office before. He didn't do anything but just increase my work load.

2 Likes

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by bettercreature(m): 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2016
EROMS38:
If na Naija dat na automatic sack ooooo. Wicked Ogas evrywhere.
It's auto-fire anywhere,the man was just in a good mood or maybe he was highly impressed by other employees

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by IBBG(m): 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2016
one of the billionaires i admire alot for his business saavy and sagacity
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by anitank(f): 6:29pm On Jun 11, 2016
Technically he wasn't sleeping "on the job". He would be if he was on a jumpseat in an aircraft dozing away, but he was on standby. We also have specific rooms with comfortable couches for crew who are on standby, and you can either sleep or watch tv while waiting to be called for duty.

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Adeyeancah(m): 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2016
looseweight:
Lols

If na naija this guy dey, your sack letter go dey beside you by the time you wake up and if you think na dream, and u went back to sleep, you with still see it beside you when you wake up...

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

For natural weight loss tips check my profile
His sack letter will be given to him in his dreams rather...

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by goodvision12(m): 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2016
mmclatino:
if this happen in Nigeria the employee is dead and bury.
I dont agree with that assertion that all employers of labour in nigeria are bad.I totally disagree with you.I am a good example of a boss.I have caught my employees number of times sleeping on the job.I never fired anyone of them.I feel its fatigue that make them do so.Sometimes as a boss we should be considerate with this workers because they are also humans.

3 Likes

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Ninilowo(m): 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2016
mmclatino:
if this happen in Nigeria the employee is dead and bury.
grin grin Walahi

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Netfad(m): 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2016
lolz

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2016
‘To be fair, he was on standby, getting some much needed rest.’
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by 400billionman: 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2016
That day is coming.
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
It happened to me, a Nigerian boss caught me sleeping, he had the same reaction as this guy. I only blamed my self that I did not get a good glimpse of him cause at that time I only saw him on TV . It's only after he cautioned me and left that the supervisor came and told me who was just talking to me.
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by flokii: 6:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
If to say na Naija now.. D staff for.know wassup
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by olaskul(m): 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2016
Just imagine saay na Adenuga catch you sleeping... just imagine am once again cry cry cry
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by numericalguy(m): 6:53pm On Jun 11, 2016
anitank:
Technically he wasn't sleeping "on the job". He would be if he was on a jumpseat in an aircraft dozing away, but he was on standby. We also have a specific rooms with comfortable couches for crew who are on standby, and you can either sleep or watch tv while waiting to be called for duty.

I just love this statement. The guy was probably not sleeping on the job, he was getting the required rest. most airlines have places or rooms where crew can rest before their next shift.
I think the billionaire was very wicked to have painted a picture of the guy sleeping on the job. If I was this guy eh! I don hammer be that o. Cos o would sue the boss straight.
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by treach(m): 6:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
Proffdada:
I'll do the same. Great minds think alike grin

Why u de laugh
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
gabazin080:
the story would have been different if na naija billionare. lalasticlala pls dont try this with oga SEUN O. otherwise u are gone
If it happens in Nairaland Seun go don make new law grin
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by LaurelP(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
What we practice here in Africa is mainly Eye service and office politics.
When "Oga" us around, everybody sits up and starts forming busy. The minute he leaves, everybody goes back to Facebook and Twitter.
A staff has the right to take a nap or do whatever especially if its break time. But here we view it as an abomination.
I pray we get there.
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by bolafex(f): 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
Lol @ kissing 3 to 4 baby bumps.The women have really been 'up to a lot'. Nice one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russia Sinks Aircraft Carrier Near Hawai As US Navy Strike Group Heads To Region / Body Of Queen Elizabeth II Leaves Balmoral For The Last Time To Edinburgh (Pics) / Unclad Portraits & Statue Of Hillary Clinton Released By Donald Trump's Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.