Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did (60326 Views)

Meet Mamoudou Gassama: The Malian Who Saved A Child In France, The Job Offers / Peter Ndambiri, Kenyan Deputy Governor Caught Sleeping With Another Man's Wife / Woman Catches Husband With Lady In Hotel In Kenya(video/pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Liverpoolfc(m): 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2016
iamVirus:
lalasticlala, if Oga Seun catches you like this?

you're gone
seun will not do anything cos he too is a hussler not a billionaire

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by freetongue(m): 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2016
Standing by Virgin core value......Going against the norm with friendliness.

If na Nigeria, meh, na to join the unemployment quene the next morning o. grin

If na Nigeria, meh, na to join the unemployment everlasting long queue the next morning o.
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by jordinsparkles(f): 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2016
If nah for Nigeria now, you go see sack letter with immediate effect.
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Ghost447(m): 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2016
Just imagine if this had happened at Izy Air Villa! Alex Jnr. will sack the chap straight.

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Leke001: 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2016
just try this with a nigerian boss...
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by otiigba1(m): 7:29pm On Jun 11, 2016
I slept on the job all the time when i was a driver for my former employer.It's no big deal if one is tired they need rest or sleep otherewise it could be harzadous and health and safety rules allows it.
If you feel tired while driving take a nap for atleast 2 hours you still get paid. Multi million £ company's with considerate policies would rather their employees took a nap while at work than go on sick leave with stress.
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by mousco(m): 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2016
If na 9ja na sack straight
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by encryptjay(m): 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
Impressive cool
Naija bosses be like nemesis
They think you're a robot
Again... Tito gbosa for this boss

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by musicwriter(m): 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
If every British were like Branson and Bob Geldof slavery probably wouldn't have happened. Though capitalism have the inherent potential of turning a nice man like Branson to a greedy monster.
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by numericalguy(m): 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2016
otiigba1:
I slept on the job all the time when i was a driver for my former employer. It's no big deal if one is tired they need rest or sleep otherewise it could be harzadous and health and safety rules allows it.
If you feel tired while driving take a nap for atleast 2 hours you still get paid. Multi million £ company's with considerate policies would rather their employees took a nap while at work than go on sick leave with stress.

This is exactly what most Nigerian employers and even employees don't understand. Like you said, safety rules allows it.
In the airline industry, it is better you tell the truth if you are sick or tired than for you to go up in the sky and crash a plane or do something really dangerous that would lead to damage worth millions of dollars and also damage company image.
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by omonnakoda: 7:49pm On Jun 11, 2016
Tinubu told us similar story about himself though he got SACKED
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by otiigba1(m): 8:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
numericalguy:

This is exactly what most Nigerian employers and even employees don't understand. Like you said, safety rules allows it.
In the airline industry, it is better you tell the truth if you are sick or tired than for you to go up in the sky and crash a plane or do something really dangerous that would lead to damage worth millions of dollars and also damage company image.
Absolutely! As i mentioned even my employer then warn me not to fail to take a nap if i am tired. As it would cost them more if an accident occured. My present employer (i am a train driver) allows me warns me the same imagine what would happen to more than 20,000 train passengers if i fall asleep while operating the train because they refused to let me have a nap. Not only it will be the companys fault but i would also claim compensation for stress due to pressure from work.
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Cutehector(m): 8:06pm On Jun 11, 2016
grin

Be like Richard branson
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by oshiokpu(m): 8:08pm On Jun 11, 2016
Nice...the difference between people like him and the rest of the world is " what they know"
To be like him check my signature strictly if you have a business in the mentioned area.
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by professore(m): 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2016
Africa has a long way to go
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Mayflowa(m): 8:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
evegran:
smiley.

A friendly boss.

You know, he used to come to naija until obasanjo deny Him the license to fly his Virgin airline company to fly locally in Nigeria. He even had to close his international route for naija.

So we all miss out on a great boss
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Jok3r(m): 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2016
WAECFlyer1:

It’s one thing to be caught sleeping by your boss at work, one thing to be woken up by your boss and definitely another thing when your boss is Richard Branson.
Billionaire Founder of Virgin Group, Richard Branson went to Virgin Australia Headquarters at Sydney Airport to meet cabin crew and stumbled across a snoozing member of staff and Branson says the guy was so shocked when he woke him up that he went back to sleep again.
Branson joked:
‘This guy wasn’t up to much at all – I caught him sleeping on the job! Wow, did he get a shock when I woke him up. He must have thought he was dreaming because he went straight back to sleep.’
‘To be fair, he was on standby, getting some much needed rest.’
‘I love to get out there and meet the people that make our brand shine. Maybe it’s the glorious Southern Hemisphere sun or the salty sea air, it seems like our Aussie team members permanently wear infectious smiles.’

https://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/australian-adventure

wat a boss
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by seangy4konji: 9:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
If na naija Oga and maid. We go see am for front page say dem don use iron flatten breast or yansh of housemaid because he deh sleep wen Oga send am work.
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by oye1889: 10:21pm On Jun 11, 2016
Pls cote that dis guy is on standby and he needed d rest. If it happens in nija d boss can do notin since hes on stanby
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
If na naija,you're fired.
You don't even need sack letter grin
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by EROMS38(m): 11:05pm On Jun 11, 2016
bettercreature:
It's auto-fire anywhere,the man was just in a good mood or maybe he was highly impressed by other employees
you r veri correct
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by lereinter(m): 11:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
mmclatino:
if this happen in Nigeria the employee is dead and bury.

Haba
Dead and buried as how

Worst go back to your house to continue sleeping

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Justbeu(m): 12:05am On Jun 12, 2016
Stand by worker kwa.........i bow oooooooo.shey una forget say 9ja dey overlabour workers? 4 My country ehhhnnnnn, 1 person dey do 3 people work haaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaa .....Virgin Australia dem get standby,,,,,& e dey collect salary?.......Abeg 4 dis level me i go judge d book by d cover ooooooooooooo. I neva see dat company 4 my gr8 9ja wit official standby worker hoooohaaaaaaa.
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by lastpage: 7:36am On Jun 12, 2016
mmclatino:

He would likely land a "sound slap" right across his face....... just to prove that he is the "Chairman"!
..and "small-small" Ogas too will follow join, .....to prove their "hypocrytic" loyalty!
grin grin

Very poor mentality for most of the money-miss-road bosses in Niaja. undecided undecided

I bet you, that guy that Richard Bransen caught, would be one of the most loyal staff in his organisation, going forth.
That is how to turn a "disadvantage".... into an "advantage".

Lastpage!
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Amaihian4Frank: 8:15am On Jun 12, 2016
Good boss every one will lik to work with
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by vanhayor(m): 9:02am On Jun 12, 2016
WAECFlyer1:
SEE WHAT THE EMPLOYEE DID AFTER WAKING UP FROM SLEEP (LMAO)---> http://timenaija.com/billionaire-richard-branson-drops-in-on-virgin-staff-finds-employee-asleep-photos/

Such a nice and playful billionaire
Hard to come by
Which one have u ever came by....lol
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by slavemerchant: 11:09am On Jun 12, 2016
Proffdada:
I'll do the same. Great minds think alike grin

Na lie
Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by Proffdada: 11:28am On Jun 12, 2016
slavemerchant:

Na lie
if only you knew me

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did by samnijazz: 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2016
Just like. Jimoh Ibrahim. Bobo yen wicked gan oooo
mmclatino:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russia Sinks Aircraft Carrier Near Hawai As US Navy Strike Group Heads To Region / Body Of Queen Elizabeth II Leaves Balmoral For The Last Time To Edinburgh (Pics) / Unclad Portraits & Statue Of Hillary Clinton Released By Donald Trump's Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.