Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States (21681 Views)

Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 / Magu: Senate Plans Fresh Showdown With Presidency / FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by kossyablaze(m): 10:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
Receive sense
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by kossyablaze(m): 10:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
Receive sense
mrvitalis:
Did Jonathan ever do anything like this??
After some fools Will say the government is not trying
Hausa boi
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by MoneyGreen(m): 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2016
googlepikin:
OK o. That will be another 3 years fight in the creeks. This is not land Forest.i hope they will all kiss their wives goodbye before coming. Cos there won't be Fisher men to save them from drowning.
you talk as if you gonna be there fighting.. grin
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by banmee(m): 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2016
modath:

This is beyond funny... how long will we continue on this road to nowhereville?

They should kuku appoint administrators for the states!! Uhhm! smiley

That is what the state governors are at the moment because they don't understand what governance is all about. And Nigerians are just following blindly.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by mrvitalis(m): 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2016
kossyablaze:
Hausa boi
It's still part of Nigeria no problem
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by cocoduck: 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

I agree with your submission on creation of states being instrumental to development. If Nigeria had been running on regional government structure till date, probably we may just have 6-8 super developed cities while other area will be mere mushroom villages. It all depend on the philosophy and the developmental growth pland of each region.

However, different times calls for different strategies. We can still have our regional governments now, with the power to create as many states as they want. This will even propel development faster than we have now because the regions can harness their strengths collectively, while covering up for the weaknesses of the constituent states.

Corruption in this country was encouraged by too much power at the Centre. Let there be devolution of power to the Regions with resource control, regional police, regional educational and health systems etc we will see more development and better quality of lives of people. To be candid, nothing is guaranteed. But, we have tried this madness for too long, we need to tinker with the structure.

The healthy rivalry that might develop from such structure will ensure all regions are result oriented. At the same time, the allegiance of the people might be with there regions and they can still enjoy the benefit of being part of the larger Nigeria population, when it comes to international politicking.

I believe we do not have anything to lose by trying out a new system. This has not worked in anyway. Only a mad man keeps doing the same thing over and over again and will be expecting a different result.
You guys don't know what regionalism is about, you must look inward to generate funds to pay salaries and the taxes to the federal government, look at the UK for example, is there anywhere In that federation that is not developed, is it Manchester? Liverpool? Cardiff? Edinburgh? Dublin, Newcastle? Various cities and towns in England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, that is not developed? You are still thinking with the view point of this feeding bottle system, when the government has to source for funds on its own it must invest in any viable thing it can, and that is development.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by IBBG(m): 10:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
CyerSeries:
To think that some people are celebrating this shows that blacks are cursed beyond redemption. Its a pity angry
It baffles me. so many supposedly educated nigerians are indeed educated illiterates. The whites will always be light years better than us.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by CyerSeries: 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2016
IBBG:
It baffles me. so many supposedly educated nigerians are indeed educated illiterates. The whites will always be light years better than us.
I de tell you my brother, its or really a pity.. The governors now sees Buhari as oloye and will be laughing at him at the back.. They will be like, like, " Lets the maga keep bringing the money so we can live large" ... In fact Dave Umahi should jack up his needs to 80billion... Its our national cake.
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by tolexy007(m): 10:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
MoneyGreen:
Abeg don't give Fayose anything.. That loudmouth tout.

if dey give him, u should go and collect it
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by IBBG(m): 10:28pm On Jun 11, 2016
CyerSeries:
I de tell you my brother, its or really a pity.. The governors now sees Buhari as oloye and will be laughing at him at the back.. They will be like, like, " Lets the maga keep bringing the money so we can live large" ... In fact Dave Umahi should jack up his needs to 80billion... Its our national cake.
And who will pay back the bail out funds?
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by IBBG(m): 10:29pm On Jun 11, 2016
CyerSeries:
And who will pay back the bail out funds? Or them go just print currency at will to use pay bail out?
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by menxer: 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2016
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by menxer: 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

I agree with your submission on creation of states being instrumental to development. If Nigeria had been running on regional government structure till date, probably we may just have 6-8 super developed cities while other area will be mere mushroom villages. It all depend on the philosophy and the developmental growth pland of each region.

However, different times calls for different strategies. We can still have our regional governments now, with the power to create as many states as they want. This will even propel development faster than we have now because the regions can harness their strengths collectively, while covering up for the weaknesses of the constituent states.

Corruption in this country was encouraged by too much power at the Centre. Let there be devolution of power to the Regions with resource control, regional police, regional educational and health systems etc we will see more development and better quality of lives of people. To be candid, nothing is guaranteed. But, we have tried this madness for too long, we need to tinker with the structure.

The healthy rivalry that might develop from such structure will ensure all regions are result oriented. At the same time, the allegiance of the people might be with there regions and they can still enjoy the benefit of being part of the larger Nigeria population, when it comes to international politicking.

I believe we do not have anything to lose by trying out a new system. This has not worked in anyway. Only a mad man keeps doing the same thing over and over again and will be expecting a different result.

Agreed, we need devolution of power at the center, but how do we intend to implement regionalism as it is?

It was ethnic oppression in the then regions that led to the creation of states, how do we blur those ethnic lines that states are now delineated?

Assuming we implement regionalism, who would head the regions?
Would we still have governors?

What would be the relationship between the President, Regional Premier, and Governor, chairmen?

I think 100% resource control at the state level as is, seems more viable/feasible.
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by MoneyGreen(m): 10:37pm On Jun 11, 2016
tolexy007:

if dey give him, u should go and collect it
lol... stomach infrastructure beneficiary spotted..
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by tolexy007(m): 10:40pm On Jun 11, 2016
MoneyGreen:
lol... stomach infrastructure beneficiary spotted..

y don't u just ask Mr Bruce to borrow u little sense, believe me ur thinking will not remain the same
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by SuperS1Panther: 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
cocoduck:
You guys don't know what regionalism is about, you must look inward to generate funds to pay salaries and the taxes to the federal government, look at the UK for example, is there anywhere In that federation that is not developed, is it Manchester? Liverpool? Cardiff? Edinburgh? Dublin, Newcastle? Various cities and towns in England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, that is not developed? You are still thinking with the view point of this feeding bottle system, when the government has to source for funds on its own it must invest in any viable thing it can, and that is development.

You are very wrong sir.

The Regionalism/Confederacy we are talking about will come with resource control/true fiscal federalism.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by Dotman2210(m): 10:45pm On Jun 11, 2016
onatisi:
it is a matter of time before this government start printing more naira notes . Just wait and see
printing more currency notes will only cause inflation
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by MoneyGreen(m): 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
tolexy007:

y don't u just ask Mr Bruce to borrow u little sense, believe me ur thinking will not remain the same
You mean the Obanikoro's brain type senetor.. That na common nonsense fellow na.. That's why Buhari no gree shake am. He's irrelevant.
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by tolexy007(m): 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
MoneyGreen:
You mean the Obanikoro's brain type senetor.. That na common nonsense fellow na.. That's why Buhari no gree shake am. He's irrelevant.
if u can call such a Man irrelevant, I just wonder what someone like you would b Called....

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by SuperS1Panther: 10:53pm On Jun 11, 2016
menxer:

Agreed, we need devolution of power at the center, but how do we intend to implement regionalism as it is?

It was ethnic oppression in the then regions that led to the creation of states, how do we blur those ethnic lines that states are now delineated?

Assuming we implement regionalism, who would head the regions?
Would we still have governors?

What would be the relationship between the President, Regional Premier, and Governor, chairmen?

I think 100% resource control at the state level as is, seems more viable.

We can tinker with the structure as we so wish and by consensus.

I believe we can have 6 Regions, along the political zonal lines we have now. Each Region can create as many states as it wants. This will protect each ethnicity and their individuality while harnessing the strengths of their diversity for the greater good of the Region.

The Regional Heads can also double as political and ceremonial VPs to the President of the Federal Republic. The Governors should be under the Regional Heads that will give direction to the the whole Region, while the Governors will give direction to their states. We can either have chairmen of Local governments or Mayors of cities/towns.

Most states will never subscribe to true federalism under these arrangement, because their future existence is not guaranteed and the first rule of survival is ME FIRST. Under Regionalism, i believe everyones interest is better protected and fears of threat to existence of some states can easily be allayed because the Regions will have wider areas to harness resources from.

3 Likes

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by lereinter(m): 11:05pm On Jun 11, 2016
MoneyGreen:
awon eyan Benjamin Netanyanhu grin

If you know who Benjamin Netanyahu his u wont dear compare him or mention his name in the foolishness of ipob or biafra.

Pls don't put your self in trouble by disrespecting Israel or her prime minister
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by MoneyGreen(m): 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2016
tolexy007:

if u can call such a Man irrelevant, I just wonder what someone like you would b Called....
man Wey dey reason
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by olutop(m): 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
mrvitalis:
Did Jonathan ever do anything like this??
After some fools Will say the government is not trying

How many states were oweing 5months salary during GEJ's tenure
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by MoneyGreen(m): 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
lereinter:

If you know who Benjamin Netanyahu his u wont dear compare him or mention his name in the foolishness of ipob or biafra.

Pls don't put your self in trouble by disrespecting Israel or her prime minister
but they said they're from Isreal na, and the last time I check he's their president.. So how's that a disrepct bro?
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by CyerSeries: 11:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
IBBG:
And who will pay back the bail out funds? Or them go just print currency at will to use pay bail out?
Don't you see how these will end? FG will end up writing off this debt.. Just watch and see, they will demand for another bailout..
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by menxer: 11:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

We can tinker with the structure as we so wish and by consensus.

I believe we can have 6 Regions, along the political zonal lines we have now. Each Region can create as many states as it wants. This will protect each ethnicity and their individuality while harnessing the strengths of their diversity for the greater good of the Region.

The Regional Heads can also double as political and ceremonial VPs to the President of the Federal Republic. The Governors should be under the Regional Heads that will give direction to the the whole Region, while the Governors will give direction to their states. We can either have chairmen of Local governments or Mayors of cities/towns.

Most states will never subscribe to true federalism under these arrangement, because their future existence is not guaranteed and the first rule of survival is ME FIRST. Under Regionalism, i believe everyones interest is better protected and fears of threat to existence of some states can easily be allayed because the Regions will have wider areas to harness resources from.

In that case, the short cut would be to reduce NASS to one person per state, and elect Regional heads (VPs) for the 6 geopolitical Zones.

Won't PMB be called a dictatorial emperor for doing such?
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by kepoc: 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2016
Pls don't give Rochas any money again until he gives account of d bailout fund
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by SuperS1Panther: 11:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
menxer:

In that case, the short cut would be to reduce NASS to one person per state, and elect Regional heads (VPs) for the 6 geopolitical Zones.

Won't PMB be called a dictatorial emperor for doing such?

Of course our NASS will become a unicameral house rather than bicameral, with equal number of representation from each region an dthe region will be expected to be paying their allowances.

Each region will also have its legislative arm. We do not need legislative arm at state/LG/City levels.

For PMB not to be seen as an Emperor, we must all do the following together:

1. Our NASS legislators need to amend the constitution for the recognition of referendum, sovereign national conference and probably secession clause (with 20-35years notice of secession).

With this we would have given constitutional backing to SNC, Referendum and Secession cries. As it is today, any SNC or Referendum held is ultra vires against the Constitution and Secession cry is a treasonable felony offence against the Nigerian State.

2. After the amendment, let us have a Sovereign National Conference that will discuss ALL areas of our lives, without any stup1d ''No-Go-Area''.

3. We will then hold Referendum based on the recommendations or propositions of the SNC, where will vote a simple YES or NO on all the recommendations/propositions.

4. Restructuring of the country along the result of the referendum will take place.

From there will can start building a nation. What we have now is a country.

4 Likes

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by nextdoor84(m): 12:07am On Jun 12, 2016
MoneyGreen:
awon lost sheep/goats of yisreal niyen..

eyin oloshi ti baba nla yin ja bo lati ode orun....use-less boiz!!
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by pabloid(m): 12:25am On Jun 12, 2016
APC govt pay directly into state workers accounts. The governors are marrying new wives with all the bailout funds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Will Lose In 2019 - Yakassai / El-Rufai And Buratai Pray With Injured Soldiers At Army Reference Hospital (Pics / Amina Zakari Should Resign – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.