Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher (51910 Views)

Niger State Police Arrest Car Snatcher, Recover 3 Cars From Him / Car Snatcher Killed At Obosi-nkpor , Onitsha Axis - Pictures / I Robbed People To Build A House-suspected Car Snatcher (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by adadioranmah(f): 9:43am On Jun 12, 2016
FORTY-FIVE-YEAR-OLD Richard Macaulay Obafemi, will have a long time to rue over the day his life took a wrong turn that led him into armed robbery and car-snatch­ing as has been alleged by the police.

Until he descended into the new career, Obafemi was a medical doctor, who according to his account, had his primary and secondary school education at Ipaja, Lagos State before proceeding to the Univer­sity College London, UCL, where he obtained a degree in Microbiology in 1987 and later studied medicine at UCL, from 1987-1992. In 1993, he did the housemanship in Hatsfield, London. In 1996, Obafemi came to Nigeria for the Nation­al Youth Service Corps Scheme and was posted to Kwara State. At the end of the service year, Obafemi took up appointment with the College of Medicine, University of Benin, where he worked for two years from 1998 to 2000, before travelling to Saudi Arabia.

“I worked at the Royal Medical Centre, Jeddah, for four years. Subsequently, I got another employment offer from the University of Ghana, in 2006 and worked there till 2015.”

Continuing the tale, Obafemi who hails from Sagamu Local Government Area, Ogun State said: “In 2015, I came to Nige­ria and visited Kaduna State. During that trip, a car I was driving had an accident and the victim died. I was charged to court and remanded at Kaduna Central Prison. But I was later released from prison on April 8, 2016.

While in prison, Obafemi met and developed friendship with Stephen and Ifeanyi, who were also awaiting trial. After he was released, Obafemi linked up with Stephen and Ifeanyi who had also regained freedom. Within a short time, they convinced him to join their armed robbery and car-snatch­ing gang.

“After I left prison, I had followed Ifeanyi to Asaba and joined their gang, which specialized in snatching cars. We have stolen cars like Lexus, SUV in Lagos State, which I drove to Katsina State to sell to buyers from Niger Repub­lic. I sold one for N450,000,” Obafemi said.

Prodded on why he did not return to Ghana after being released from prison, Obafemi told Sunday Sun reporter: “I didn’t go back to University of Ghana because when I was in prison in Kaduna, I didn’t communicate with them.

“When I came out from prison, I found out that there was no going back. I decided to join the armed robbery gang to earn a living. I am married and blessed with three children. I lost my wife, Mary in 2012 while my three children are in Canada.”

A popular Nigerian parlance says, “many days for the thief, one day for the owner of the house.” Again, the Good Book teaches that when the cup of iniquity fills up, it spills over. For Obafemi and his alleged comrades in crime, the day of reckoning arrived when an alleged member of the gang, Valentine (surname with­held) was arrested in Onitsha by operatives of the Special Armed Robbery Squad of the Anambra Police Command and he spilled the beans, revealing the involvement of Obafemi in their activities who was at the time in a hotel (name withheld) in Onitsha, and explained that he had been there for four days waiting for the gang to bring cars he was to drive to Katsina and onwards to Niger Republic.

Armed with this information, Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Hosea Karma told Sunday Sun reporter that SARS operatives stormed the hotel on May 17, 2016 and arrested Obafemi. The head of SARS, Supol Ben Abang further informed Sunday Sun that the gang had for long been a terror to owners of SUVs, noting that the gang operated mainly along the Awka-Enugu Expressway.

After a series of success­ful car-snatching escapades, members of the gang would disappear from the town and go to Lagos to cool off, while waiting for the stolen cars to be sold before returning for more operations. It was during the last operation of the gang that Valentine was arrested.

When he spoke with Sunday Sun, Valentine confessed that the gang had been involved in several robbery operations in Asaba, Delta State and Anam­bra State. On what awaits

http://sunnewsonline.com/medical-doctor-turns-armed-robber-car-snatcher/

1 Share

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Destined2win: 9:52am On Jun 12, 2016
God help him

5 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by yomi007k(m): 9:53am On Jun 12, 2016
He is a fool.

He shud have gone back to Ghana to clear himself and also sued the Nigerian Police for unlawful detention.

He always wanted to be a criminal and maybe he was even guilty of the previous accident.

Wat a waste.

105 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by thesicilian: 9:57am On Jun 12, 2016
I find this very hard to believe

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by passionate88: 10:44am On Jun 12, 2016
Name = Richard Macaulay Obafemi
Location = As expected
Team mate = The others

Verdict = Those two ethnic groups be spoiling the remaining integrity our presidiot has already spoiled

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by CzarRex: 10:44am On Jun 12, 2016
after going to those schools

just like that he became an armed robber

16 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 12, 2016
Gross

So sad.
The man in him failed him.
He should have be the one to influence his inmate to be of good behavior having had a tangible history and family background.

Unless he was born to be a criminal but found himself studying medicine.

26 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Akshow: 10:45am On Jun 12, 2016
It's yoruba again grin grin grin

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Calmwaters(m): 10:45am On Jun 12, 2016
Wat a shame 2 d medical line:-/
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Tberry01(f): 10:45am On Jun 12, 2016
Too bad
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by thatsmartgirl(f): 10:45am On Jun 12, 2016
What a wasted Admission space grin into the any Medical school he attended! www.zainabsblog.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by midolian(m): 10:45am On Jun 12, 2016
If no be curse, na wetin

15 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by firstolalekan(m): 10:46am On Jun 12, 2016
Chai! cry cry

While in prison, Obafemi met and developed friendship with Stephen and Ifeanyi, who were also awaiting trial. After he was released, Obafemi linked up with Stephen and Ifeanyi who had also regained freedom. Within a short time, they convinced him to join their armed robbery and car-snatch­ing gang.

“After I left prison, I had followed Ifeanyi to Asaba and joined their gang, which specialized in snatching cars. We have stolen cars like Lexus, SUV in Lagos State, which I drove to Katsina State to sell to buyers from Niger Repub­lic. I sold one for N450,000,” Obafemi said.
Obafemi you're a big fool o cry sad
You allowed those flat°heads to corrupt you cry

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Pavore9: 10:46am On Jun 12, 2016
A huge waste of human capital! If he obtained a degree in Microbiology in 1987 then it means he was only 16 years at that time.....something is not adding up!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by ceejay80s(m): 10:47am On Jun 12, 2016
Like seriously,
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by blazetitov: 10:47am On Jun 12, 2016
So sad.

NCA members should be even with this story. Make dem leave the thread alone.
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Yewandequeen(f): 10:47am On Jun 12, 2016
shocked

Am dumbfounded.
This is one of those happenings one can't seem to find the right comment for.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by prinsam30: 10:48am On Jun 12, 2016
this is what happens when the educational sector is backward match...

they only pay to graduate and not to practice what they paid for
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by RedCapChief(m): 10:48am On Jun 12, 2016
People often come out worse when they go to prison in Nigeria. There is no rehabilitation, only punishment

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by alacantra: 10:48am On Jun 12, 2016
name checkers association. it is 50-50 ;Dname

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Olibboy: 10:49am On Jun 12, 2016
Oyenusi part 4...to be continued
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Gozzzy(m): 10:49am On Jun 12, 2016
he is a big disgrace to Medical Profession, if this is true!!!! #sad#

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by HeroKeys(m): 10:49am On Jun 12, 2016
Wasted fund on education.

This guy is a victim of African dark magic.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 12, 2016
Wow!, he has a cool profile, why snatch cars?.

Let me jst assume is spiritual. cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by LEERICIST(m): 10:50am On Jun 12, 2016
Good news
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by bomasek(m): 10:50am On Jun 12, 2016
Spurious tale cool

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Sunofgod(m): 10:50am On Jun 12, 2016
UCL don spoil....

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by joshk(m): 10:51am On Jun 12, 2016
God have mercy. This is due to faulty government and our legal system. but he should hv not given hope and reinforced himself and pick up his medical career where he stop instead of joining armed robbery.
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by bastien: 10:51am On Jun 12, 2016
Name checker association...... Over to you guys

When Obafemi collabo with Ifeanyi

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mob Beats LASTMA Zonal Head To Death In Lagos (photo) / Cultists Arrested With Axe, Regalia And Other Items In A Hotel In Abia. Photos / We Were Initiated Against Our Will At A Party – Aiye Cult Members (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.