Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher (51935 Views)

Niger State Police Arrest Car Snatcher, Recover 3 Cars From Him / Car Snatcher Killed At Obosi-nkpor , Onitsha Axis - Pictures / I Robbed People To Build A House-suspected Car Snatcher (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by sorepco(m): 12:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
Chai..u did not read

wizzman20:
That his fault...imagine a medical doctor turning into an armed robber..u think is an easy decision for him...after 7 to 8 year in our God forsaking schools and no job...brother I don't blame dat guy at all
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Oppypoppy: 12:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
Chai! When we say hold on to God to fight for you. People go de talk trash bc dey are blind. Chai! His enemies don steal n finish his Glory in d Spiritual. God help him.
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by dikeigbo2(m): 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
He is a compound fool of forty five,upon his educational background ,exposure and experience, he was deceived into robbery and car snatching by non entities,rifrafs and never do wells..I pity your kids for this shameful acts.
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by crisycent: 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
Richard Macaulay Obafemi grin grin
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Zoe99(f): 12:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
A whole medical doctor?It's a shame.
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by tunatrezy(m): 12:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
Oye nusi
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Awaja(m): 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2016
grin Oya name checkers, over to u Go and practice medicine behind bars
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by diransom: 1:09pm On Jun 12, 2016
why insulting him, because he is a medical doctor or his he not human being who can succumb to temption
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by diransom: 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
why insulting him, because he is a medical doctor or is he not a human being who can succumb to temptation
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by YOLO1(m): 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
I feel sorry for the guy. But whichever way, the law must take its hold. The law is no respectal of persons.
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by myhotbrain: 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
The maths didn't add-up!

If "Dr" Obafemi was born in 1971 (because the story says he is 45yrs) and acquired his first degree from a university in london in 1987 i.e. at the age of 16yrs.

The questions now are:
1) Is Dr Obafemi, a genius who passed both WAEC and A' Levels at the age of 11yrs and 12yrs respectively?

2) Has any relevant authority confirm his educational qualification?

3) Has the writer of this story confirm any of the acquired certification claimed by this Dr Obafemi to be genuine?

I think, it's a huge diservice by both the authority who releases this unfounded story and the writer who published here on public forum. Moreover, it is even a more moral and intellectuak burden in those who made comments without first reading and digesting the facts contained therein.

#YouthsEducateYourselves
#YouthsCan'tBeLeadersWithoutKnowledge

Peace!

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Lamor(f): 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2016
He was released from prison on 8th of April 2016,and he's going back dier abeg wetin be todays date of June 2016.Hmmm,persin dey call dis guy name from inside stainless plate filled with water.And its definitely from his village.Dey jx want to waste the poor soul out of jealousy.
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by JustHector(m): 1:36pm On Jun 12, 2016
Spurious tale..cooked up lies...cover up story...enemies trying to spoil the medical profession..shoddy journalism and poor reportage..

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by WilliamsNedd: 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2016
mirob:
He has always wanted to be an armed robber just that he has a strong family background that made him become a medical doctor.
At last his real nature showed up, congrats to him.

Real nature indeed....

When you talk,talk with wisdom.
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by cococandy(f): 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
My goodness!
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by classicalbabs: 1:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
return of OYENUSI........
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by maziligs(m): 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
wizzman20:
That his fault...imagine a medical doctor turning into an armed robber..u think is an easy decision for him...after 7 to 8 year in our God forsaking schools and no job...brother I don't blame dat guy at all

GUY U READ WAITING THEM WRITE THERE AT ALL? THE FOOLISH DOKY WENT TO UCL, ABI UCL NA NIGERIAN INSTITUTION? WHICH DOCTOR HAS NO WORK IN NAIJA?
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
Stupid man, you allowed the Naturally born thieves to influence you in the prison, forgetting that they are only into stealing cos the kind of brain you have is not common in their region. undecided

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Originalsly: 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
Hmmm..... I need a much bigger throat to swallow this story.
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Blitz888(m): 2:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
firstolalekan:
Chai! cry cry

Obafemi you're a big fool o cry sad
You allowed those flat°heads to corrupt you cry

And this oblong head thinks himself any better than the so called flat heads.. Shaking my flat head!

A man is drawn away by his own lust...
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Okudiover(m): 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2016
grin grin OMG! I thought it was an armed robber from the land of the rising sun but imagine my delight to see t was a Yo-Robber medical thieving doctor from the land wey their sun don set finish.

Name check 1,2... Name check 1,2 grin grin
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by linearity: 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
yomi007k:

If an accident happened and I am innocent of it, I will fight back to clear my name.

If I was however guilty, I would apologise and try to make amends.

He cud have continued practising, he would have had a 2nd chance if he even discussed with the Medical Association.

Its all about mindset.
He was driving, very difficult to proof his innocence, at the minimum (i.e. If the charging officers are lenient), he goes down with manslaughter...

Since it is a felony, it becomes a dent on his records and he can kiss his medical license goodbye.

My real beef is, why didn't he settle the case out of court, knowing the impact on his career as a doctor? Most Nigerian family are very understandable, they are not like the average American, who wants an eye for an eye. Seeing that, their family member is dead due to a road accident and the suspect is remorseful, begging, pleading and they fully know that, sending him to prison will not bring the dead back to life or turn their futunes around, they will be willing to sit down, talk and iron out some settlement...how do I know this? Because, if in the same shoes, I will do the same, if my love one passed on, under similar circumstance, I will not want the individual to go to prison, especially when he is not a criminal, tug, etc and it was not an intentional act.
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by lexib(m): 2:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
There's no Richard Macaulay Obafemi in the MDCN register...

HE IS AN IMPOSTOR!!!

And this news is being propagated by our unprofessional journalists... They didn't even say the alleged thief CLAIMED to be a Doctor... The NMA ought to sue the source of this news... RUBBISH!!!
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by wasak(m): 2:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
thatsmartgirl:
What a wasted Admission space grin into the any Medical school he attended! www.zainabsblog.com
I like ur blog. Hope to work with you someday
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by yomi007k(m): 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
linearity:

He was driving, very difficult to proof his innocence, at the minimum (i.e. If the charging officers are lenient), he goes down with manslaughter...

Since it is a felony, it becomes a dent on his records and he can kiss his medical license goodbye.

My real beef is, why didn't he settle the case out of court, knowing the impact on his career as a doctor? Most Nigerian family are very understandable, they are not like the average American, who wants an eye for an eye. Seeing that, their family member is dead due to a road accident and the suspect is remorseful, begging, pleading and they fully know that, sending him to prison will not bring the dead back to life or turn their futunes around, they will be willing to sit down, talk and iron out some settlement...how do I know this? Because, if in the same shoes, I will do the same, if my love one passed on, under similar circumstance, I will not want the individual to go to prison, especially when he is not a criminal, tug, etc and it was not an intentional act.

Just my thought.

Tnx
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by bestlyAB(m): 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2016
Unfortunate case. Sad end. It takes God to deliver him from the mess has put himself
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by DRCHARLIEz(m): 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2016
D guy needs deliverance,would he say it's money that he doesn't v or what.he is jst a shame to the noble medical profession and needs help
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Distinguishy(m): 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2016
You have d brain but u lack Wisdom. Serve God and get wisdom 4 with HIM is d seat of wisdom
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by lexib(m): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
3 suspected assassins arrested in Minna ON MAY 13, 20119:38 PMIN NEWSCOMMENTS By WOLE MOSADOMI, Minna Niger state command of the Department of State Services (DSS) Friday in Minna paraded three suspected assassins who were hired by an unidentified politician for some special assignments. Refusing to disclose the identity of their benefactor in order not to jeopardize ongoing investigations, the state Director DSS, Dr. Larry Obiagwu told reporters that the suspects were arrested at a hotel in Minna where they were staying with fake identities and pseudonyms , preparing to start their operation. He said that the arrests of the suspects were due to the proactive counter security measures put in place by security agencies to maintain and stabilize the internal security of the state after the 2011 general elections. The leader of the suspects,Richard Obafemi, who claims to be a medical doctor was arrested with a set of medical stethoscope, which Obiagwu said was used to divert the attention of unsuspecting members of the public and security agents. According to the DSS boss, the identity card found on the suspect presents him as a ‘Pediatric Surgery Director (Consultant)’ at the National Hospital in Abuja, a claim the DSS director said was verified and found to be false. He added that the suspect during further interrogation said he has offered his services to the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH), Benin City, Edo state. Another suspect, Hadi Jampi Ambrose was caught dressed in a full combat military regalia with a warrant card of Nigeria Army Second (2nd) Division, a locally made pistol, a camouflage bullet -proof jacket, a military body armour and one expended round of 9mm ammunition while the third suspect, Mohammed Dikwa claims he is a Fulani cattle herdsman . The Director of Security stated that the benefactor of the suspects had fled the state adding that measures and investigations are underway by the State Security Service to ensure that he is caught and brought to book. Confirming this, Ambrose said that one Alhaji (who is their benefactor) told them to come to the state to carry out some special assignment after which they would be rewarded handsomely adding that they had been in the state for some days putting up in a hotel before they were caught by the men of the SSS. He admitted that the uniform was sewn for him by a tailor in Warri while he got the military jack boot and ammunition from a retired ECOMOG soldier and that he bought the locally made pistol from an undisclosed source for N4,500.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/3-suspected-assassins-arrested-in-minna/
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by kennyrich(m): 3:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
Wat a waste, medical doctor turned armed robber? God have mercy. He should face d wrath of d law, if found guilty he should be jailed or hang to death.
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Topshow2010(m): 3:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
This man case gidi gan ni,I believe its nt ordinary at all.its obvious d jazz frm either his dad or mum village was at work;d jazz only needed catalyst to works faster with his meeting with those two Igbos fellows whose some of dem DNA sequence is coated with crime .
I rily felt sorry for the jazzed man case and at d same tym for Nigerians to be very vigilant wen those Igbos cums to u dt dey av a business to discuss wit u.
Re: Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 12, 2016
Akshow:
It's yoruba again grin grin grin

Nah them..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mob Beats LASTMA Zonal Head To Death In Lagos (photo) / Kidnapper Leads Police To Where Victim Was Butchered In Edo State (Video) / Cultists Arrested With Axe, Regalia And Other Items In A Hotel In Abia. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.