Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,589 members, 7,861,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:54 PM

Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday (2489 Views)

Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by orunto27: 7:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
Incorrect!!!
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
winner01:
Religion actually is growing. It was worse in the 20th century where several communist countries forbade religion and killed millions who were caught. The fact that few atheists take to nairaland to pour out their hatred for God does not mean anything. They are constantly here because this is where they can voice out their hatred. In real life, they will receive little or no audience. Most of them are closet atheists in real life and they boil with hurt whenever they see christians. Seeing christians reminds them that God exists and so they wish there were none so as to fully suppress their belief in God.
Many christians feel it is needless to reply them because our worldview is against hate and mockery which is exactly the tactics they use against us. And I know it is difficult to reply them without giving them a taste of their medicine.
I suggest you leave the religion section if you will or we can become apologetics for the sake of other people that can be affected by this vengeful individuals. You can check some of my threads, i posted sufficient links that can help. The totality of these religion section atheists are less than 30, but the hatred which motivates them to fight God constantly is why it seems like religion is loosing, and of course the little or no response from christians. More determined god-haters have lived and died, the same will happen to these ones. Their children will lift the Gospel. Till then, we will continue to expose the bleak and worthless ideology called atheism. Shalom.
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
Vickyydera:
pk I just read my bible Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Op gave you tangible reasons why yu shldnt pray on sunday, yu are givn shit as counter

What is heb 10:25 on sunday wen heavn office is closed?!

He s not tellin yu to forsake una gathering, he s just tellin yu that the gathering will be useless when nobody will be in the office to hear una supplications
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 13, 2016
taurus25:
i still cant wrap my head around the fact that "god" neeeded rest in the first place. Aint he suppossed to have omni-strength or something. grin

Now this got me LOL
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
rejosom:
One thing with the bible that you atheists don't understand is this:

You cannot understand the bible unless you receive the holy spirit but you cannot receive the holy spirit unless you believe. Yet you cannot believe unless you understand the bible. Bottom line... nobody will ever understand the bible.

That is why yu pple bring about so many ridiculous assertions.

My dad gave me a list of commandments he wants me to adhere to in his house, what do yu think ll become of my fate in that house if I don't understand all the rules?!
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 7:12am On Jun 14, 2016
winner01:
Hahn is not interested in all these explanations of how you find meaning with God. He only needs you not to believe in God with him.
Just tell him you dont believe in God. He'll spare you these questions.

Lol.

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by rejosom(m): 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
Jadonjack:

That is why yu pple bring about so many ridiculous assertions.

My dad gave me a list of commandments he wants me to adhere to in his house, what do yu think ll become of my fate in that house if I don't understand all the rules?!

Exactly.

If you don't understand the rules, you tell your father.,:
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
rejosom:

Exactly.

If you don't understand the rules, you tell your father.,:

And what shld I do when my dad says his words are mystery I can't understand and shouldn't try to understand?!
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 1:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
Bump smiley
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
KingEbukaNaija:
The word "foolish" was formed because of the atheists - fact
No it wasn't. grin
Ask yourslef why an omnipotent God requires rest?
Not to mention the fact that the Sabbath day is actually Saturday, and christians only go to church on Sunday because the Romans wanted it to be in sync with the sun God they worshipped. So your worship day is solely because of some Roman pagan God.
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 14, 2017
hahn:

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath
The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

https://www.nairaland.com/2819877/murder-bible

How many people have you killed today? undecided

The sabbath is not binding on Christians. The sabbath there was given in the law of Moses and Christians are not under that law but the law of Christ.
Its funny when blind men think the Bible contradicts
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 14, 2017
Lennycool:

No it wasn't. grin
Ask yourslef why an omnipotent God requires rest?
Not to mention the fact that the Sabbath day is actually Saturday, and christians only go to church on Sunday because the Romans wanted it to be in sync with the sun God they worshipped. So your worship day is solely because of some Roman pagan God.

Rest there comes from the Hebrew word shabat. Which means to cease or stop.
So God stopped creation on the 7th day and not that He was tired and rested.
You will surely ignore the fact that Christians don't worship on only Sundays and also we don't worship on sundays because of the sabath.
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2017
Junia:

The sabbath is not binding on Christians. The sabbath there was given in the law of Moses and Christians are not under that law but the law of Christ.
Its funny when blind men think the Bible contradicts

I think you should either educate Jehovah on the stupidity of it's law or have your religious leaders remove the old testament completely.

Lol. You are so blind you cannot identify bullshit staring at you in the face
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2017
Junia:

Rest there comes from the Hebrew word shabat. Which means to cease or stop.
So God stopped creation on the 7th day and not that He was tired and rested.
You will surely ignore the fact that Christians don't worship on only Sundays and also we don't worship on sundays because of the sabath.
Hey I just call it like I read it.
And the main day for worship in Christianity is Sunday. This is because of a pagan God.
The sabbath day is what is supposed to be kept holy, that would be Saturday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 14, 2017
Lennycool:

Hey I just call it like I read it.
And the main day for worship in Christianity is Sunday. This is because of a pagan God.
The sabbath day is what is supposed to be kept holy, that would be Saturday.

You call it like you read it because of your ignorance
The Bible was translated to English and not written in English ..
We don't go to church to serve God but to worship Him and build ourselves up for the work of the ministry.
And also worship Him each and everyday of our lives.
You are more concerned about the sabbath right ?? It was given in the law of Moses not the law of Christ
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 14, 2017
hahn:

I think you should either educate Jehovah on the stupidity of it's law or have your religious leaders remove the old testament completely.

Lol. You are so blind you cannot identify bullshit staring at you in the face

God have mercy on you. Satan has successfully deceived you. No wonder the Bible call those who don't believe in God "fools" because that is actually what they are.
There is no need to remove the Old testament because the Old testament doesn't contain only laws.
You can't find any fault in Christianity bruh .. No wonder you call Christianity a religion.
Soo Blind
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by winner01(m): 10:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
Junia:

God have mercy on you. Satan has successfully deceived you. No wonder the Bible call those who don't believe in God "fools" because that is actually what they are.
There is no need to remove the Old testament because the Old testament doesn't contain only laws.
You can't find any fault in Christianity bruh .. No wonder you call Christianity a religion.
Soo Blind
you wasting your time here bruh.
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 10:39pm On Feb 14, 2017
winner01:

Not as much time you have wasted praying grin cheesy
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 14, 2017
winner01:

Im of benefit to someone here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by winner01(m): 11:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
Junia:

Im of benefit to someone here
True bro. Sometimes I just think one could channel that energy more effectively

(1) (2) (Reply)

Church Members Asleep In Mass, Solution? (pics) / Spiritual 3rd Eye / Project Serpo: The Zeta Reticuli Exchange 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.