Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) (23443 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Arrives Awka In Grand Style For Obiano Inauguration- PICTURES / The Beauty Of Yoruba Women / Beauty Of Somali Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Omoluabi16(m): 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
Times like this, I wish I wasn't nigerian, but a zulu South african or Ethiopian or kenyan or from botswanA. If you know what I mean!
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Omoluabi16(m): 7:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
Utchgirl:
O di b'anyi a di na-mba !

#EgwuImokafestival.

#Awkaamaka.

A bu m ezigbo onye Awka n'aso enwe.

#AdaAwka.

#I'mproud2beonyeAwka.

Dis rain shld jus stop biko so dt we wil enjoy dis yr's festival 2 d fullest.

Infact rain or no rain,#EgwuImoka is going on.

IMO, Imoka shld nt be scrapped.

I think dis is our festival (culture) .The only thing 2 be done here is 2 put tight security watch against misconduct during d festive period.It is our tradition and we must nt allow it 2 die. I'm a lady and i luv EgwuImoka Festival.

I am there Life @ Ifite road close 2 Nkwo Amenyi Mkt, b4 d rain started.
I'm also at ifite road! here is so rowdy, good to have a fellow Nlander here. gimme ur number let me call you.
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
I remember during one of this useless festival where one guy flogged a Major who was not on uniform. The guy simply went to his car, brought out a pistol and shot him on both legs. Very Useless festival
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Pamelayoung: 7:44pm On Jun 12, 2016
So them still dey do this rubbish
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Utchgirl(f): 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
Omoluabi16:
I'm also at ifite road! here is so rowdy, good to have a fellow Nlander here. gimme ur number let me call you.

kk
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Sensitivbin777(m): 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
Utchgirl:

Kikikikiki

kikikikiki

I didn't evn come out wit a gud fone. I dnt want it 2 get lost because of d crowdy nature of d environment.Though we left on time cos of d rain.

Nwanne m, ekenekwe m. Ha! Nkiti azuo n'afvia udene. Inweedi ifve n'eme nwanne nwanyi shocked

Gbuolu Ada gi nwanyi ikpele biko !
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by MrPdtech: 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
Utchgirl:
O di b'anyi a di na-mba !

#EgwuImokafestival.

#Awkaamaka.

A bu m ezigbo onye Awka n'aso enwe.

#AdaAwka.

#I'mproud2beonyeAwka.

Dis rain shld jus stop biko so dt we wil enjoy dis yr's festival 2 d fullest.

Infact rain or no rain,#EgwuImoka is going on.

IMO, Imoka shld nt be scrapped.

I think dis is our festival (culture) .The only thing 2 be done here is 2 put tight security watch against misconduct during d festive period.It is our tradition and we must nt allow it 2 die. I'm a lady and i luv EgwuImoka Festival.

I am there Life @ Ifite road close 2 Nkwo Amenyi Mkt, b4 d rain started.

Sis spotted!! Nnekwu ada welie nwayoo!... Anokwam naana(ikpeleoo).... Ada du Ora mma ichali ivbe igha acha...Osebuluwa gozie ghi!!
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Sensitivbin777(m): 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
[quote author=Sensitivbin777 post=46515772][/quote] Anokwam n'ana biko m'echezokwuo grin
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Omoluabi16(m): 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
Utchgirl:

kk
pls im waiting
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
Opportunity for some jobless youths to go into robbery. The festival is very interesting though.
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by figoperch: 10:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
Enzyhub:

This is the biggest and most prestigious traditional festival common to every Awka born.
Indiegens travel from far down to their home town Awka for this great occasion which happens once a year.

The celebration attracts personalities from all areas of the state, friends and well wishers of Awka sometimes participate in the celebration

as they witness singing and dancing from assorted masquerades and masquerade men all in the bid to make the occasion colourful.

Some, Particularly Christians are of the opinion that the celebration is satanic and should be scrapped, siting bloodshed, violence and idolatry as one of the reasons to let go of the old Awka tradition, while others see it simply as a means of catching fun ones in a year and also to uphold the Igbo tradition and legacy handed over to us by our forefathers.

What’s your take as an Awka indiegen?? Do you see Imo Awka festival as idolatry and should be scrapped or modified or do you see it as a tradition which must be maintained??

http://www.enzyhub.com/update-on-imo-awka-celebration-in-awka-anambra-state/

U dey enjoy the view from ecowas
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Utchgirl(f): 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
MrPdtech:

Sis spotted!! Nnekwu ada welie nwayoo!... Anokwam naana(ikpeleoo).... Ada du Ora mma ichali ivbe igha acha...Osebuluwa gozie ghi!!

Nwanna m !

Zo oto !

Osebuluwa gozikwa ghi ooo
Egwu Imoka n'atowa m nti !
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by tk4rd: 4:52am On Jun 13, 2016
Utchgirl:

kk
k
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by bisi16(m): 7:07am On Jun 13, 2016
Awka amaka!

I don miss this year imoka again.
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by bisi16(m): 7:08am On Jun 13, 2016
Utchgirl:

Nwanna m !

Zo oto !

Osebuluwa gozikwa ghi ooo
Egwu Imoka n'atowa m nti !

Ada Awka welie!
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by obyikye(f): 7:55am On Jun 13, 2016
Imoka emelieeoooooooooohhhhhh.
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Ilaje44(m): 8:04am On Jun 13, 2016
wiseoneking:
Fun my foot! Fun in hell? Is pure idolatory especially going to pay visit to the shrine. I used to attend it when we were small from Enugu. Pure Christianiy is enough for the igbos. Let them stop these uncivilised traditions. We have better traditions to revived. I hope they are not copying the osun oshogbo festival which in a way is making that part of country more backward. Let them stop reviving that shi*t of culture called imoawka. We have other great cultures and way of life to revive. Any body that participates in imoawka is ignorantly worshipping the devil.Wait oooh, i taught this imoawka don die.

Young man, can you explain that senselessness ranting above? You said you are christians, you go to church every sunday, yet the most of you are cheats, liars, hate-mongers, intolerant beast as evident in your brainless rant above. You need a lot of growing up to do, because you are the one most farther from being "civilised".

1 Like

Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Omoluabi16(m): 8:19am On Jun 13, 2016
Utchgirl:

kk
sweetim im still at ifite road, the number please.
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Utchgirl(f): 12:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
Omoluabi16:
sweetim im still at ifite road, the number please.

Did u sleep there ?
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Utchgirl(f): 12:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
bisi16:

Ada Awka welie!

Oooo
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Omoluabi16(m): 12:57pm On Jun 13, 2016
Utchgirl:

Did u sleep there ?
Yes dear, I passed the night at that 5 star hotel close to the round about. had mad fun dancing and drinking yesterday. Give me your number let me call you.
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Utchgirl(f): 1:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
Omoluabi16:
Yes dear, I passed the night at that 5 star hotel close to the round about. had mad fun dancing and drinking yesterday. Give me your number let me call you.

Which 5 star hotel kwa ?
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Omoluabi16(m): 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
Utchgirl:

Which 5 star hotel kwa ?
Innoson hotels now.
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Utchgirl(f): 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
Omoluabi16:
Innoson hotels now.

For where ?
Which side dt one day ?
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Omoluabi16(m): 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2016
Utchgirl:

For where ?

Which side dt one day ?
its kind of difficult to locate, I was actually driven there. But I left there this morning. bin long I visited this festival, so Im just hanging out now, sightseeing some nice places.
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Utchgirl(f): 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
Omoluabi16:
its kind of difficult to locate, I was actually driven there. But I left there this morning. bin long I visited this festival, so Im just hanging out now, sightseeing some nice places.

kk
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Omoluabi16(m): 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
Utchgirl:

kk
I intend to spend one week at Ifite. Give me ur number.
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Omoluabi16(m): 6:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
Utchgirl:

kk
I just received a call now, will be leaving ifite tomorrow. I need to get some appliances for my firm. so I just have tonight to relax and have some nkwobi. Are you still around, your number please.
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by funkybully(f): 8:35am On Jun 14, 2016
Utchgirl:

Which village in Amenyi ?

......... u?
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Utchgirl(f): 11:31am On Jun 14, 2016
funkybully:

Amachalla, u?
Urs is a neigbouring village 2 mine.
Mine is Amudo
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Utchgirl(f): 11:37am On Jun 14, 2016
Omoluabi16:
I just received a call now, will be leaving ifite tomorrow. I need to get some appliances for my firm. so I just have tonight to relax and have some nkwobi. Are you still around, your number please.

Kk !

Hv travelled bak 2 wia i'm residing.

Which firm ?

Sorry 4 my curiosity !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Origin Of The Slang "419" And Ghana-must-go(the Bag) / Culture Zone of the Middlebelt people / Aguleri Ofala Festival 2021: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.