Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,777 members, 7,813,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam (53967 Views)

Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man / Ismail Haruna Converts To Muslim: Ex-Driver To Bishop David Abioye Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by yetunsbay(m): 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
omojeesu:
It is her choise if she did so with sane mind. Its a free world. No one not even her relatives should persecute her.

I am sure, however, if it was the other way round, she might have been stoned to death. Sooner or later the truth will dawn on her and I pray it wont be too late then.

I dont think she turned away from Jesus. She is merely changing from one religion to another. May she truly find Jesus who loved her so much to die for her that she may live.
infact Muslims love Jesus (Isa) more than any religion as a MESSENGER of Almighty Allah (God)

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by j1mmy: 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
ibo people will do anything for money
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by aisammy4: 12:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
ObiOmaMu:
These alleged photos of a young lady from Enugu who has converted to Islam are currently trending on Facebook.
See more photos after the cut.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/06/photos-young-igbo-lady-from-enugu.html

Its quite unfortunate that you are CALLING this innocent girl "a killer". She has not done nothing before you start crucifying her. Before you start calling names, why done you ASK HER THE intention for changing her religion?

What makes you think Muslims are Killers? Who are you to judge Allah as to who to guide to the right path? Can you tell me that all the Muslims you have encountered with in life are all killers "and you are still alive"?

You want to people to hate just the way you do, hum? But sorry, not everyone would be like you. If you have any grievances as why she become a Muslim, then keep it to yourself. In fact she will not be the first to become a CHRISTIAN CONVERT TO A MUSLIM.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by fxskye: 12:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
attackgat:
It takes a lot of guts for an Igbo person to convert to Islam. If that person does it outside Igbo land, they might get away with it. But to do it and live in Igboland can be a nightmare. They are most likely going to be forsaken by friends and family. They will be ostracised. So when an Igbo converts to Islam, they had better know what they signing up for because the price to pay in Igboland can be huge.

Yes na. Most people of Akfipo town in Akfipo North LG of Ebonyi state are Muslims. But their kinsmen (Igbo) persecuted most of these muslim Igbos in Akfipo town to the extent that they had were seen as outcast. It only took the believer ones to remain as muslims.

Igbos are very intolerant of other religion except Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by Flairoqy(m): 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
kgr8mike:
She was never a Christian. No Christian can covert to Muslim. Christianity is not measured by your geographical location or place of birth. It is much more. it is not a mere religion, there is something deeper. Knowing the deep things, the conversion as we see it here is not optional. So she was never of our company.

What are you saying? I was a Christian, And now a convert.

"O disbelievers!
I worship not that which ye worship
Nor worship ye that which I worship
And I shall not worship that which ye worship
Nor will ye worship that which I worship
Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion"
Qur'an 109.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by oodua1stson: 12:56pm On Jun 13, 2016
deeplow:
From the look of things, she seems at peace with whatever choices she has made, doesn't look forced. That Facebook post reeks of senselessness, immaturity, hatred, intolerance and pain.

I admit that it is sad, the way some useless muslims have chosen to take laws into their hands. It is just more saddening how people have chosen to react to it. If every muslim killed, every christian would be dead.

More prominent muslims just have to do more about this spate of radicalism and extremism. Without that, these sickening actions and reactions would continue.
forget your epistle

The difference between radical and moderate Muslims is that radical Muslims want to cut off your head..... moderate Muslims want radical Muslims to cut off your head

1 Like

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by slowbreeze(f): 1:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
Very silly story...Faustina Ogechi..abi she no get surname..?Another fake ass story.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by Bola4boy(m): 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
I don't believe this. Igbo girls can do anything for money. Maybe one alhaji don promise her big container
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by fxskye: 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
For those Christians insulting Muslims, Prophet and Islam, I'll like you to know that you're making me to love Islam the more. Islam is the true religion and a religion of peace. Though, some misguided Muslims are tarnishing it real meaning. I decided to do a research on the bible to know more about christianity, if it's the religion of God. But I was really shocked having studying the Bible, i found hundreds of contradiction (or let me say Errors) in the Bible! Could all those mistakes be attributed to God? Here are the errors as follow: 1. God is seen and heard Ex 33:23, Ex 33:11, Gen 32:30 God is invisible and cannot be heard. John 1:18, John 5:37 2. God is tired and rest Ex 31:17 God is never tired and never rest Isaiah 40:28 3. God is satisfied with his works Gen 1:31 God is dissatisfied with his works Gen 6:6 4. God is all powerful Jer 32:27, Matt 19:26 God is not all powerful Judge 1:19 5. If i bear witness of myself, my witness is true John 8:18 If i bear witness of myself, my witness is not true John 5:31 6. I and my father are one John 10:30 My father is greater than i John 14:28 7. There were fourteen generation from Abraham to David Matt 1:17 There were but thirteen generation from Abraham to David Matt 11:2-6 8. Christ was tempted in the wilderness Mark 1:12,13 Christ was not tempted in the wilderness 9. Christ was crucified at the third hour. Mark 15:25 Christ was not crucified until the six hour John 19:14,15 10. Judas committed suicide by hanging Matt 27:5 Judas did not hanged himself but die in a different way. (even his bowel gushed out) Act 1:18 11. Christ is equal with God John 10:30 Christ is not equal to God John 14:28, Matt 24:30 12. Jesus mission was peace luke 2:13,14 Jesus mission was not peace Matt 10:34 13. No man is without Sin 1Kings 8:46, Rom 3:10 Man is sinless 1John 3:9,6,8 14. Christ's witness of himself is true John 8:18 Christ's witness of himself is not true John 5:31. Etc I am proud to be a Muslim.

Proudly Muslim, Truly Islam the holy religion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by omojeesu(m): 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2016
yetunsbay:
infact Muslims love Jesus (Isa) more than any religion as a MESSENGER of Almighty Allah (God)

Indeed!

Jesus is Lord!

Thank you.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by MCeeShort(m): 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
deeplow:

It is sad.The first thing i did when i heard the news and that of the woman that was killed, was to curse the people that attacked him. It was a silly thing to do. The problem is just in the North, you don't ever hear things like that come from the south.

The problem is deep in the way they are brought up in those parts, the teachings and what they are exposed to. A lot has to be done to wash Islam off this dirt it has been dug into.

Where i am, christians join muslims to break their fast. In fact, some Christians join in the fasting. Muslims here are not taught the way the ones over there are.

I agree with u.
I grew-up in Adamawa State and my Muslim neighbours shared their meals with me.
Right now I'm in ABJ and my nextdoor neighbours do same too.
But as a Christian I wonder if one day I won't be at the receiving end of an attack like the ones I read in the newspapers.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by stomenfemzy: 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
money must have involved...part of change
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by MCeeShort(m): 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
fxskye:
For those Christians insulting Muslims, Prophet and Islam, I'll like you to know that you're making me to love Islam the more. Islam is the true religion and a religion of peace. Though, some misguided Muslims are tarnishing it real meaning. I decided to do a research on the bible to know more about christianity, if it's the religion of God. But I was really shocked having studying the Bible, i found hundreds of contradiction (or let me say Errors) in the Bible! Could all those mistakes be attributed to God? Here are the errors as follow: 1. God is seen and heard Ex 33:23, Ex 33:11, Gen 32:30 God is invisible and cannot be heard. John 1:18, John 5:37 2. God is tired and rest Ex 31:17 God is never tired and never rest Isaiah 40:28 3. God is satisfied with his works Gen 1:31 God is dissatisfied with his works Gen 6:6 4. God is all powerful Jer 32:27, Matt 19:26 God is not all powerful Judge 1:19 5. If i bear witness of myself, my witness is true John 8:18 If i bear witness of myself, my witness is not true John 5:31 6. I and my father are one John 10:30 My father is greater than i John 14:28 7. There were fourteen generation from Abraham to David Matt 1:17 There were but thirteen generation from Abraham to David Matt 11:2-6 8. Christ was tempted in the wilderness Mark 1:12,13 Christ was not tempted in the wilderness 9. Christ was crucified at the third hour. Mark 15:25 Christ was not crucified until the six hour John 19:14,15 10. Judas committed suicide by hanging Matt 27:5 Judas did not hanged himself but die in a different way. (even his bowel gushed out) Act 1:18 11. Christ is equal with God John 10:30 Christ is not equal to God John 14:28, Matt 24:30 12. Jesus mission was peace luke 2:13,14 Jesus mission was not peace Matt 10:34 13. No man is without Sin 1Kings 8:46, Rom 3:10 Man is sinless 1John 3:9,6,8 14. Christ's witness of himself is true John 8:18 Christ's witness of himself is not true John 5:31. Etc I am proud to be a Muslim.

The Bible isn't a textbook...stop reading it like that.
Agreed Islam means PEACE, but why is it always Muslims that express and take-up violence?
Have u ever heard that a Christian in Nigeria attacked a Muslim?
It is always a Muslim that attacks a Christian.
So what's so peaceful about ur LOVE (Islam).

Mind u, I'm a strong defendant of Islam and its teachings, but when I see people like u try to ridicule Christianity, I'm forced to stand-n-be-counted.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by dimexy247(m): 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
ALLAH AKBAR, LA ILAHA ILALLAHU You're welcome to Islam my sister, the religion of peace.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by mikki123(m): 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
I'm very sure the girl is a prostitute, i hate people converting.. Most people are Christians or Muslims today because of their parents.. Your family will determine your religion
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by kelechi50: 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
Guys na business she is into after the show she will come to were she belongs grin
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by LockDown69(m): 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
if @ all it's true, ego is involved. grin
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by rajeto: 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
She look like a witch already,so let her into slavery
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
iswallker:
islam is a religion of peace....

meanwhile islamabad....is the capital of .....
mumu karachi is the capital of pakistan not islamabad, go and study for your neco.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2016
malvisguy212:
Anyone who has read the Qur'an very well and know the lifestyle of muhammed will not make such choice. The Qur’an is based completely on the personal experiences of one illiterate man
spanning a period of 23 years.Only one person allegedly saw the “angel.” Only one person allegedly heard a voice. The entire faith is limited to one book with only one person who allegedly received the vision. There is absolutely no way to verify anything. Our question is, “Does not this then mean that the only way to become a Muslim is to take this one man’s word for it?” Man let alone will always chose death rather than life.

pls define : illiteracy

definitely u trying to say "JESUS CHRIST " is also an illiterate or how?
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by djboy50(m): 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2016
Must u talk embarassed
Krisan234:
She's just doing there schools rag day.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by Lordxeer(m): 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
jayzblack:

For Ur mind... Blessed kor Blessed Ni
its evident.. Not for 'for my mind'
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
fxskye:

the book called bible is full of poo.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by Lordxeer(m): 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
[quote author=godoluwa post=46530922][/quote]may you be guided, by God's grace!
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
skysailor:

pls define : illiteracy

definitely u trying to say "JESUS CHRIST " is also an illiterate or how?

jesus was a stark illiterate and he couldn't save himself from death and agony.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by Pokka5(m): 1:39pm On Jun 13, 2016
What a post? Everyone has a freedom of choice and freedom to life, which she just exercised. Just because a person or group of people behaved unearthly shouldn't be the bases of you generalization. She could remain what she was, but decided to opt for a change, she could have decided to be a free thinker. Just because she choosed to be a Muslim she's now tagged as a threat . This is so saddening. If only opted to be a free thinker, to the extent that she's tagged to be run away from. I mean people need to grow up.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by Lordxeer(m): 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2016
palsenator:
Blessed indeed... The religion of Peace indeed. I pity the lost girl but am sure she will find her way back to the truth.
the girl has already been illuminated!
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by Cityguy: 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
Her choose, her cup of tea. I cannot come and go and commit suicide just because I want to kill myself over another's choice. Na she know wetin she dey find. I wish her weti she wish herself. Next story jare undecided
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by Menzy86(m): 1:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
deeplow:

My mistake is that i assume that everybody here has reasoning beyond high school level, i will have to correct that(no disrespect). I am responsible for my comment, you are responsible for how you understand and react to it. I am disappointed by the latter though.
Now you are becoming phylosophical abi? I want to know how Christians get mobbed and decapitated times without number with several active participants and numerous onlookers without a voice of reason prevailing on d situation EVERY TIME. Now u wanna remonstrate about 'high school reasoning?'. If what makes me reason above high school level is understanding that muslims that witness such barbarism but do next to nothing about it rather than vague lip service (like u r doing here now), then I agree I am a kindagarten dunce. I wonder what will happen d day a mosque is blown up by Christians (who will clain responsibility and show their faces). A cartoonist sketches something in far away denmark, they kill christians in kano; someone posts somthn on fb, he is traced all d way from kano to pandogari in niger state and butchered plus SEVERAL other unsuspecting Christians killed and their shops burnt in a twinkle; a woman asks people performing ablution in front of her shop not to do such and she is pounded to death; a man eats during ramadan in his shop and is nearly killed and u expect me to show 'intelligence' or 'maturity' by understanding that d rest muslims aren't enjoying it? How come it is NEVER d other way round? U know d last three examples happened in three different places within a space of 10 days? Use your tongue to count your teeth my friend.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by muhamadnur: 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2016
ObiOmaMu:
lalasticlala
please no hypocrisy caption the two photos and tell which one looks moderate, beautiful and well respected walllahi it is after she became muslim in that hijab may allah guide you protect you and keep you statefast on the deen. May allah also guide the others as well.
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by diva90: 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
Enugu in biafra-land ?
Re: Igbo Woman From Enugu Converts To Islam by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
MCeeShort:

The Bible isn't a textbook...stop reading it like that.
Agreed Islam means PEACE, but why is it always Muslims that express and take-up violence?
Have u ever heard that a Christian in Nigeria attacked a Muslim?
It is always a Muslim that attacks a Christian.
So what's so peaceful about ur LOVE (Islam).

Mind u, I'm a strong defendant of Islam and its teachings, but when I see people like u try to ridicule Christianity, I'm forced to stand-n-be-counted.

but there are Muslim in d west ...hardly will u hear of a Yoruba Muslim killing his fellow Yoruba christian

if uv ever stay in d north for at least a week and see the way their mentality is you ... then u will know the problem is not Islam

almost every area in d north .. we will see almajiri .. all population of almajiri in some area is even more than d residential pple living in d area ...

imagine parents living their children to live on their own right from like say 5 years of age with no care , education or chance to even dream of a greater tomorrow

don't u think it will be very easy to convince such children to go kill or cause violence with little token or say promise of a greater things .

a hungry man is a angry man mehn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If This Isn't Happening In Your Church Then Just Know Your Pastor Needs Help / Will This Biblical Quote On UN Wall Ever Come To Pass?(photo) / Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.