Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Business Start Up In Canada - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Business Start Up In Canada (2371 Views)

Just Ur Phone, Internet And 1 Hour, You Are Good To Go. No Start Up Capital. No / Have Just $10 To Start Up? Then Come In. / Turn Your N5000 To A Business Start Up Capital Of N500,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Start Up In Canada by myike2(m): 8:25am On Jun 13, 2016
Please nairalanders, I need your honest input on this:
I reside in Canada and I'm tired of the regular white collar job. I have been thinking of what business to venture into, and decided to start up an African store here, which would mean regularly importing African/Nigerian food to Canada. There's ONLY ONE African store in my city, and the owner - a lady - obviously makes good money every month. So I thought this would be very profitable for me since there isn't any competition yet in the business. I'm almost in the process of securing a loan to start up, but I need someone in Nigeria who can come up with a substantially detailed business proposal and risk assessment in terms of getting the food items at a cheap price, getting the necessary export documents, exporting them, etc...while I do my own findings here in terms of clearing the food stuff from the boarder agency, location, staffing, etc.
Please if you have any idea or a better one on this, please share.
Re: Business Start Up In Canada by LivinaPatrick(f): 8:31am On Jun 13, 2016
Sincere advice should start flowing...good morning good people

1 Like

Re: Business Start Up In Canada by oluwafreshkid(m): 8:39am On Jun 13, 2016
I've got smoked catfish I make here and I think it will be good business over there too...
Problem is, I don't know how to export it too.

Anyone with an idea? Kindly help.
Re: Business Start Up In Canada by myike2(m): 8:55am On Jun 13, 2016
oluwafreshkid:
I've got smoked catfish I make here and I think it will be good business over there too...
Problem is, I don't know how to export it too.

Anyone with an idea? Kindly help.
Thanks for your input, though I don't think the 'smoked catfish' biz would be sustainable here.
Re: Business Start Up In Canada by megaik: 9:08am On Jun 13, 2016
myike2:
Please nairalanders, I need your honest input on this:
I reside in Canada and I'm tired of the regular white collar job. I have been thinking of what business to venture into, and decided to start up an African store here, which would mean regularly importing African/Nigerian food to Canada. There's ONLY ONE African store in my city, and the owner - a lady - obviously makes good money every month. So I thought this would be very profitable for me since there isn't any competition yet in the business. I'm almost in the process of securing a loan to start up, but I need someone in Nigeria who can come up with a substantially detailed business proposal and risk assessment in terms of getting the food items at a cheap price, getting the necessary export documents, exporting them, etc...while I do my own findings here in terms of clearing the food stuff from the boarder agency, location, staffing, etc.
Please if you have any idea or a better one on this, please share.

The problem is Exporting....I have loads of African products to export for Nigerians in Diaspora to buy and use but i have not seen good ways to export them. Besides the cost/tax of exporting has become very high now. But atleast you idea is good market.

1 Like

Re: Business Start Up In Canada by myike2(m): 9:26am On Jun 13, 2016
megaik:

The problem is Exporting....I have loads of African products to export for Nigerians in Diaspora to buy and use but i have not seen good ways to export them. Besides the cost/tax of exporting has become very high now. But atleast you idea is good market.
Though I'm not 100% sure, I think there's a possibility of exporting in large quantities through courier services, Freight on Board (FOB), or Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF). The African products you've got, are they in commercial quantities?
Re: Business Start Up In Canada by myrates: 3:21pm On Jun 13, 2016
I have well packaged garri, fufu,pando yam and yam flour with NAFDAC approval. All other documents for commercial export of all these products are in process. I can send you free samples if you like,you will only pay for the cost of courier service to get the samples to your location. You can contact me on 07066417323 or olatunjikareem@gmail.com.com
Re: Business Start Up In Canada by liztop2012(f): 6:24am On Jun 14, 2016
I av access to agro product in large quantities at cheap price.

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Applied For Fed Govt 300,000 Housing Units? / How To Recover Your Money From Mmm / Which Business Can I Start With 200k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.