Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

She Wants Us To Break Up Because She's Older Than Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Wants Us To Break Up Because She's Older Than Me (3300 Views)

When She's Older Than You / She Said I Should Come To Her House, But She's Older / Some Lies Most Ladies Wants Us To Believe About Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Wants Us To Break Up Because She's Older Than Me by elsopi: 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2009
I'm in love with this girl and she loves me endlessly, she calls me her "endless luv". I go gaga for her, when we're together everything just seem ok. We never want to live each others sight, it's perfect.

One day i meet her crying, i asked her what was wrong then she tells me we can't continue with the relationship because she's 2 years older than I and she's scared of what the world would say about her, what her family and friends would say and that i might leave her for someone younger someday.

The truth is i can't leave her for anyone else, cos i don't think i can find love like what we share and she knows that. She thinks its best we end it now before its too late but i don't want to. Right now i'm confused, heartbroken, i don't know what to do. Let her go now to avoid embarrassment or future heart break, or stay with her and don't mind what the world says?
Re: She Wants Us To Break Up Because She's Older Than Me by chidyke77(m): 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2009
D girl is interested in some other guy,she's just fade up wt u and was looking for an excuse to break d relationship.
I dnt think its d girl dat shuld made such statement concerning d age gap which is insignificant other dan u. Women marries men d are older wt even up to 5yrs gap and d dnt complain.
If u wnt 2 knw her intention just tel her dat u cn stil marry her even if she's 10yrs older dan u and then wait and see her reaction.
Re: She Wants Us To Break Up Because She's Older Than Me by snokky(m): 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2009
wot fucking world will be going around researching if your woman is older than you?

Or re u gonna have a sticker on the forehead announcing that?

Abeg, ask her very well maybe there is another important reason,

that reason na wuruwuru n magomago. very childish really.
Re: She Wants Us To Break Up Because She's Older Than Me by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 29, 2009
@poster
if such a BS problem as age difference is a problem for her that she contemplate breaking up with you then she clearly DOES NOT love you ¨endlessly¨. . . . . . . . . . . . get your facts right.
this woman is clearly INSECURE.
Re: She Wants Us To Break Up Because She's Older Than Me by kittykat1(f): 11:31am On Aug 29, 2009
@ poster

I am writing as a Nigerian Igbo woman and I understand what she is saying. The igbo society is a pity does not give so much encouragement to couples where the woman is older than the man. Some enlightened folks might see nothing wrong with a man marrying an older woman but some ppl might frown at it.

And I blv it because of this that your girl is scared. What I believe she needs is your reassurance and support. Make her understand that you really love her and if possible take the relationship a level higher to show her your commitment.

I had the same issues. In my case I was engaged to a guy who loved me and his family also accepted me until they found out that I was 1 year and 9 moths younger than him. Then all hell broke loose cos they felt he should marry a lady 5 years younger. His family fought and struggled until I was too scared to continue the relationship. And to make matters worse my man didn't stand behind me.

So I advice that if you both love each other, stand behind her and let her know that you wont leave her and age iis not a factor to you
Re: She Wants Us To Break Up Because She's Older Than Me by Abuzola(m): 11:44am On Aug 29, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
if such a BS problem as age difference is a problem for her that she contemplate breaking up with you then she clearly DOES NOT love you ¨endlessly¨. . . . . . . . . . . . get your facts right.
this woman is clearly INSECURE.

I think so.

Age is nothing
Re: She Wants Us To Break Up Because She's Older Than Me by wandecoal(m): 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2009
If my Opinion should be considered.i don't think age has to do with relationship.take me for instance,I'm married to a white lady whom is five years older than me. grin
Re: She Wants Us To Break Up Because She's Older Than Me by ngel0v3(m): 3:16pm On Aug 29, 2009
Men, what you are supposed to do is very simple.

Now is the right time to prove to her and especially yourself, that you are a MAN! Convince her and show her reasons why you think that age shouldn't matter in your relationship. You are the MAN! Women wait to be led by men. They follow. Men determine the pace of a relationship, so please stop whimping and acting scared!

Go back to her, be yourself and tell her exactly why you think she MUST overlook your age compatibility. You know exactly what you feel (or think) when you are mourning over her in your room, don't you?

Now, move boy! Tell her exactly how you feel. Age doesn't matter one bit!

1 Like

Re: She Wants Us To Break Up Because She's Older Than Me by Fiona0007: 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2009
I seconded that.
Age gap of two years should NOT be a problem for you.
Re: She Wants Us To Break Up Because She's Older Than Me by FAKUADE: 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2009
guy,
i agree with d lady from the igbo society, but look at it from another angle,d girl might be intrested in other things try and ask her to knw if really d reason she gave was just d only reason, if yes, just tell not to worry dat u wldn't mind dat a family member of urs has done the same thing before,so she is not the first.
and to wande coal, u sure say ur white wife is not for visa or yahoo, yahoo or true love/ undecided embarassed

(1) (Reply)

When There Are Six Women Chasing One Man / Naija Babe Get Nakéd And Curse Her Boyfriend / Whites And Nigerians Dating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.