Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country (3319 Views)

Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" / Buhari To Receive 18-seater Innoson Motors Bus Built By Niger Delta Youths / I Will Make Edo State A Country Inside A Country…… APC Candidate Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by americanigga(m): 1:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
There is this heated debate between Igbos and their surrounding neighbours- the people of the Niger Delta. Igbos are always arguing that Niger Delta is part of or under Igbo, while most people of the Niger Delta are saying they are not Igbos, they are simply Niger Deltans. Igbos say there is nothing like Niger Delta. The Ibos claim that Ikwerre, Anioma, Bayelsans, Igbanke(in Edo state) Calabar, Ijaw, Urhobos,Itsekiris are all Igbos or descendant of Igbos because they have similar culture and language. The question is, is it just because you speak similar language and have similar culture that they must be part of Biafra?  What about their own personal right, liberty and freedom of association. Can Britain lay claim to the United State of America just because Americans are speaking English or because of similarity in culture? I leave that question for the Igbos.

The argument has been on for a while. I became very inquisitive to know the root cause of these problem. So I decided to take a good look at the Nigerian map and I realized the whole of Igbo land is landlocked by Niger Delta. From what I saw Niger Delta is even two times as big as Igbo land.Igbo land is very tiny. If Igbos succeed in breaking out of Nigeria alone without Niger Delta it means Igbo will be a nation inside another nation. This is as serious as it is funny. No wonder they are dragging: Cross River , Delta, Bayelsa Rivers, Akwa Ibom and some part in Edo State. 

But of recent the people of Niger Delta have spoken with one voice saying they are not and will never be part of Biafra, instead they will fight for their own sovereign state of Niger Delta. Don't the people of Niger Delta have right to decide where they originated from, and to decide where they want to be. It will appear Igbos are fighting for their own freedom but they want to enslave the innocent people of the Niger Delta.

With the above argument it is clear that Igbos need Niger Delta in other to have access to the sea, Oil and to increase their landmass,  not because Niger Deltans are Igbos or their brothers or because they love the Niger Deltans.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by ilovetheline: 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
Know yee. The prevalent opinion amongst igbos is an igbo state(most Niger delta think there are oil interests for them to protect)
Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by ilovetheline: 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
We will use planes. And it will be unreasonable of Niger delta try to block us(with absolutely no provocation) from commerce with the world(the ocean)
Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by tuniski: 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2016
Yes. Lesotho is within south Africa and Guinea Bisau too is landlocked. However, it is one nigeria till eternity!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by Victorvexz(m): 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2016
Lesotho is a landlocked country inside South Africa, but due to they being landlocked, the depend on South Africa for somethings, like imports, and they also accept South African currency and use it, sometimes u will think the country is not independent on its own. That is how Biafra will be, the five landlocked Igbo state has limited resources, and it is landlocked, with no single assess to see for imports, to cut the story short, Biafra benefits no one

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
americanigga:
There is this heated debate between Igbos and their surrounding neighbours- the people of the Niger Delta. Igbos are always arguing that Niger Delta is part of or under Igbo, while most people of the Niger Delta are saying they are not Igbos, they are simply Niger Deltans. Igbos say there is nothing like Niger Delta. The Ibos claim that Ikwerre, Anioma, Bayelsans, Igbanke(in Edo state) Calabar, Ijaw, Urhobos,Itsekiris are all Igbos or descendant of Igbos because they have similar culture and language. The question is, is it just because you speak similar language and have similar culture that they must be part of Biafra?  What about their own personal right, liberty and freedom of association. Can Britain lay claim to the United State of America just because Americans are speaking English or because of similarity in culture? I leave that question for the Igbos.

The argument has been on for a while. I became very inquisitive to know the root cause of these problem. So I decided to take a good look at the Nigerian map and I realized the whole of Igbo land is landlocked by Niger Delta. From what I saw Niger Delta is even two times as big as Igbo land.Igbo land is very tiny. If Igbos succeed in breaking out of Nigeria alone without Niger Delta it means Igbo will be a nation inside another nation. This is as serious as it is funny. No wonder they are dragging: Cross River , Delta, Bayelsa Rivers, Akwa Ibom and some part in Edo State. 

But of recent the people of Niger Delta have spoken with one voice saying they are not and will never be part of Biafra, instead they will fight for their own sovereign state of Niger Delta. Don't the people of Niger Delta have right to decide where they originated from, and to decide where they want to be. It will appear Igbos are fighting for their own freedom but they want to enslave the innocent people of the Niger Delta.

With the above argument it is clear that Igbos need Niger Delta in other to have access to the sea, Oil and to increase their landmass,  not because Niger Deltans are Igbos or their brothers or because they love the Niger Deltans.

Look at the tail end of abia state well. There are two rivers that terminate at the ocean. Any can serve as a port. One of the river is at okpo in ihechiwa, the other at isu. That they are neither recognized nor utilized does not deny their existence.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by Gozzzy(m): 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
Can we have at least half a day, pass in this nairaland, without u silly nitwits, calling Igbo!!! Even the Igbos orchestrating all these unnecessary irrelevances, u all ar making us laughing stocks nd its getting more annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by ilovetheline: 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
Victorvexz:
Lesotho is a landlocked country inside South Africa, but due to they being landlocked, the depend on South Africa for somethings, like imports, and they also accept South African currency and use it, sometimes u will think the country is not independent on its own. That is how Biafra will be, the five landlocked Igbo state has limited resources, and it is landlocked, with no single assess to see for imports, to cut the story short, Biafra benefits no one
how does it benefit you to retain Igbos?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by kernel501: 2:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
Victorvexz:

Why are you so obsessed about the Igbos, surprisingly today you are not found better than the Igbos, ranging from Technology,Agriculture,Sports,Education,Commerce and Entertainment .

We don't have natural resources yet you are shouting "don't let Biafra go"; is either you are deceiving yourself or sick for wanting your enemy.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by americanigga(m): 2:57pm On Jun 13, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Look at the tail end of abia state well. There are two rivers that terminate at the ocean. Any can serve as a port. One of the river is at okpo in ihechiwa, the other at isu. That they are neither recognized nor utilized does not deny their existence.

From the map I can't see any two rivers. In fact Abia is completely blocked by Akwa Ibom

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
americanigga:

From the map I can't see any two rivers. In fact Abia is completely blocked by Akwa Ibom

Go get a bigger map or better still take a vacation down to the two places I just mentioned.

One is a boundary between abia and cross river which has been a line of dispute between the citizens of these two States. The other was the major attraction of dangote in a bid to starting a cement factory at isu which has not seen the light of the day.

You have not heard about these two river outlets because the government is not interested in these area. When interest come the map will reflect it in details.

Igbo is only lansdlock to the imagination of multitude who believe Nigeria end in the city.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by 989900: 4:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Go get a bigger map or better still take a vacation down to the two places I just mentioned.

One is a boundary between abia and cross river which has been a line of dispute between the citizens of these two States. The other was the major attraction of dangote in a bid to starting a cement factory at isu which has not seen the light of the day.

You have not heard about these two river outlets because the government is not interested in these area. When interest come the map will reflect it in details.

Igbo is only lansdlock to the imagination of multitude who believe Nigeria end in the city.

You just sha wan carry head enter enter that lagoon at all cost. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by attackgat: 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
americanigga:

The reason you can't see it is because the Map you are using does not show the Nigerian waterways adequately.

Below is a map that shows it better. As you see, the Azumini River runs through almost all of the southern side of Abia state and opens up at the southern tip of Abia from where it flows into the Athlantic Ocean. There has been talk about building a Seaport there for years. Google Obuaku Seaport.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
@OP. Urhobo, Isoko, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Efik, Ibibio, Ogoni Are Seperate Tribes and There have Never been a time they were claimed as Igbos. Get ur facts right.
2nd, there are Igbo indigene in South South/Niger Delta, Migration of Nri and Isu people founded many Delta Igbo Communities e.g Asaba..
Obigbo lga in Riverz are made up of Igbo indigenes, Etche, Egbema, Ndoni, Omuma, Ahoada etc these are Riverine Igbo Clans in Rivers state.
Stop this stupidity and go and learn.
Olodos showcasing their Olodolism.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by ilovetheline: 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
Adaure4ever:
@OP. Urhobo, Isoko, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Efik, Ibibio, Ogoni Are Seperate Tribes and There have Never been a time they were claimed as Igbos. Get ur facts right.
2nd, there are Igbo indigene in South South/Niger Delta, Migration of Nri and Isu people founded many Delta Igbo Communities e.g Asaba..
Obigbo lga in Riverz are made up of Igbo indigenes, Etche, Egbema, Ndoni, Omuma, Ahoada etc these are Riverine Igbo Clans in Rivers state.
I understand if the as wants to protect oil interests by not joining is. The insults though are unwarranted

1 Like

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by ilovetheline: 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
Adaure4ever:
I understand if the ss wants to protect oil interests by not joining the igbo nations. most igbos have obliged, almost all. The insults though from ss nairaland are unwarranted

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by freeze001(f): 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
Op n cohorts, try as hard as u can till u expire from the effort, the tribes of the old Eastern Region know n recognise their affinity. When all arrangements are made in place, it puny efforts at d rubbish divide n rule tactics u lose lots love to deploy will fail.

The days of ignorance are long gone now. The cohesion and unity among brethren of the East is incomprehensible by ur kind.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
ilovetheline:
I understand if the as wants to protect oil interests by not joining is. The insults though are unwarranted
the insults is 100% warranted.
The silly OP started this thread With A BLACKMAILING LIE by saying that Igbos claim Urhobos, Isokos, Ijaws etc as IGBOS..
Everyone know that these tribes are seperate and have never been claimed as Igbos.
I am not a kid pls, I will confront any social media lies against my Great Igbo Race.. This is 2016. Any False Propaganda will be crushed.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by Ariani: 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2016
Igboland is not equal to SE, it's more than that.

But even at that, SE is not landlocked. SE is only landlocked in the deluded minds of hateful Igbophobic Yorubas and their ilks.

The idea to landlock SE failed when Nigeria( Gowon and his Edo/Yoruba advisers) forgot to put Ukwa East and West area of Abia state into Rivers state.
If they did, the Ndoki and Asa would have formed ethnic nationalities outside the Igbo ethnic group, and SE would have been truly landlocked. But the God of Igboland blinded the wicked eyes of enemies of Ndiigboand they forgot to take out the Ukwa area out of East central map.

https://www.nairaland.com/1568347/hmm-abia-state-set-build/1
https://www.nairaland.com/2728732/abia-state-set-build-obuaku/1

With or without any group in the present SS, SE will never be landlocked, if we don't want to be. Providence and the forces of justice ensured that. God blessed the Igbo nation, though we be surrounded by hateful neighbors, we will always stand out like a city on the hills, never to be hidden, our Sun will never set.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by MasterJayJay: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2016
Map showing landlocked countries in Europe.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by MasterJayJay: 4:59pm On Jun 13, 2016
Adaure4ever:
The silly OP started this thread With A BLACKMAILING LIE by saying that Igbos claim Urhobos, Isokos, Ijaws etc as IGBOS..
Everyone know that these tribes are seperate and have never been claimed as Igbos.
I am not a kid pls, I will confront any social media lies against my Great Igbo Race.. This is 2016. Any False Propaganda will be crushed.
Ada eji eme onu. Dey represent us very well. kiss kiss

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by americanigga(m): 6:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
kernel501:

Why are you so obsessed about the Igbos, surprisingly today you are not found better than the Igbos, ranging from Technology,Agriculture,Sports,Education,Commerce and Entertainment .

We don't have natural resources yet you are shouting "don't let Biafra go"; is either you are deceiving yourself or sick for wanting your enemy.

Nobody is saying don't go, we are only saying look befor you leap
Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by Ariani: 6:24pm On Jun 13, 2016
americanigga:

And did we ask for your advice?

Save your advice for yourselves, you will need it to navigate the extreme waters of Islamic fanatic state that Nigeria will turn into without Ndiigbo.

Let Ndiigbo worry about our own problems.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by meccuno: 6:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
Adaure4ever:
I usually do not like commenting on threads like these, but the truth must be told. People are just out there to cause unnecessary problems or to create threads for caricatures. Be it as it may, most of the people from the SW or North who either believe what they read online are obviously not informed. Glad you could write what you wrote but no matter how much you try to inform them,they choose to believe what they want to believe.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by meccuno: 6:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by SlayerSupreme: 7:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
[s]
americanigga:

[/s]

Let's analyse this write up. Shall we?
Op said Igbos claim Itsekhiri,Urhobo,Calabar as Igbos - This kind of statement can only come from a small boy. The statement reek of childishness.
Op implied Igbos don't want Niger Deltans to get their own republic so they can enslave ND people in biafra - This is the most stupid statement I've heard today. The Igbos support ND republic 101% as avengers supports Biafra 101%.
Op said Igbos only want ND for oil and sea - Sorry Op but our small country has enough oil & gas to run our economy comfortably then again this small boy Op said he studied a map but still small boy Op doesn't know there's sea access from Abia state.
With this analysis you can see Americanigga has nothing good to offer nairalanders this evening,only to spread hate in an already divided nation. It's such a pity these are now the kind of people who speak for ND nowadays. Where are the dearpreyes of old? Are there no good men left in the Niger Delta? Shalom.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
americanigga:

Too many dull@rds in Nigeria nowadays

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by Kellzcold: 8:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Thanks for this. I am really confused about this thread by the OP. The biafra in the past was made up of Igbos, Efik, Ibibio, and other tribes who lived in peace together and fought together. Igbos never forced them to abandon their tribes to become Igbo in biafra times... Where did this mentality come from that Igbos want everyone to be like them?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
kernel501:

LMAO . . .True talk bolded

1 Like

Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by Caseless: 10:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
Yes!
Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by Biggeststar01: 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2022
americanigga:

You are not serious, a fool in the making
Re: Igbo Is Landlocked By Niger Delta- Can There Be A Country Inside Another Country by omowolewa: 4:03pm On Dec 10, 2022
Yes,

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Rare Picture Of The Dancing Senator In white Garment Church / Checkout PUNCH Newspaper Front Page Today 30/09/2017 - Pic / Osinbanjo: The Run Away Ababoku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.