Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:47 AM

Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report (52172 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke's Lagos Properties In Pictures - EFCC / Diezani's Alison-Madueke's Banana Island Edifice Seized By FG (Photos) / Diezani Alison- Madueke Walking On The Street Of London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Akainzo(m): 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
GeneralShepherd:

The CEO of Shell earns $ 27 million per annum. Of course she's was never the CEO but for arguments sake a director earns up to half of that salary which is about $ 13.5 million dollars

Now she didn't retire from Shell, she left her role at Shell to work for Nigeria, so in your opinion will she leave Shell to earn lower?

Can you please post where you read it or learnt it or know it that the CEO of Shell earns $27 Million per annum. Na beg I dey beg you o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by armadeo(m): 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
Talk2Talk:
PLZ FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE ON THE DEFENSIVE : IF U CLAIM SHE SHOULD HAVE THAT MUCH ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
HOW MUCH DOES A MINISTER LEGITIMATELY EARN PER ANNUM ?
HOW MUCH DO EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS OF SHELL EARN PER ANNUM ?
WHAT ARE THE ALLEGED INVESTMENTS ? (she has not mentioned any)
WHAT IS THE WORTH OF THE HUSBAND BEFORE SHE STARTED SERVING IN PUBLIC OFFICES ? (Plz while calculating do not include embezzled money)
UNTIL YOU ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AND DO THE MATH SHUT UP AND STOP SPECULATING DANGEROUSLY...
IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA AND OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES THAT PUBLIC SERVANTS GET THIS FILTHY RICH IN SERVICE...haba!

Don't waste your breathe. This country is full of nincompoops. That's why you see massive thrash been spilt out mostly by peeps looking for cheap data and cheats.

Rubbish.

She could never have afforded all that shit. They should publish her earnings to prop her worth. Non sense
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by omenka1: 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
market women hv beads, politifians hv jewelleries
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Akious2k2(m): 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=menstrualpad post=46554346]
She doesn't owe you a shi.t[/quote
Ok... As far as I'm concerned, if she can't come & clear herself, den she might just b guilty of d allegations
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Amerage(m): 6:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Did you read of the places she has worked and how many years. Who had ever occupied those positions and cannot afford those things?

What is your definition of hard work?

Do you know how much 18million dollars is?
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by 989900E: 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
GeneralShepherd:

[s]The CEO of Shell earns $ 27 million per annum[/s]. [s]Of course she's was never the CEO but for arguments sake a director earns up to half of that salary which is about[/s] $ 13.5 million dollars

[s]Now she didn't retire from Shell, she left her role at Shell to work for Nigeria, so in your opinion will she leave Shell to earn lower?[/s]

Only a 'German Shepherd' can say the above.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
GeneralShepherd:

The CEO of Shell earns $ 27 million per annum. Of course she's was never the CEO but for arguments sake a director earns up to half of that salary which is about $ 13.5 million dollars

Now she didn't retire from Shell, she left her role at Shell to work for Nigeria, so in your opinion will she leave Shell to earn lower?
A country director in a subsidiary company doesn't earn the amount you are quoting. She's wasn't a USD employee or what you call expatriate. She was a local staff, with ONE year as a Director before becoming a Cabinet Minister. Would she take a salary cut to become a minister if government service didn't offer better prospect.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by FabioPeter: 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
Mynd44:
The market women in Bodija market(Ibadan) sweat for those things they wear. They dont have corruption charges on their backs, they were not oil ministers when oil sold for the highest and money started growing wings.

Do not insult Ibadan women, they might sound/look razz but they have honor and pride in not having their names smeared in thievery.

Madam, they wear gold yes, but they also have honor.

The lady has said something instructive about corruption charges been concluded on the pages of newspaper.
If you relate well with her CV, you will understand that it's not out of place to own these property.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by gogodaye(m): 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hahahahahaha.....
Suddenly the legal impediments to the publication of the names don disappear....

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
Akainzo:

Can you please post where you read it or learnt it or know it that the CEO of Shell earns $27 Million per annum. Na beg I dey beg you o!

Just a search on Google will clear your doubt

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
kITATITA:

A country director in a subsidiary company doesn't earn the amount you are quoting. She's wasn't a USD employee or what you call expatriate. She was a local staff, with ONE year as a Director before becoming a Cabinet Minister. Would she take a salary cut to become a minister if government service didn't offer better prospect.

So how much do you think she earned as a director and all the years leading up to that position?
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by emyrald91(m): 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
leave matter for mathias. u nid a court to know hw corrupt u r. u forgot to put first shamelesly corrupt female minister and tif. i wish God hears us like in d days of Isrealites and judges. zombie.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by kstix(m): 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
menstrualpad:
Diezani am with you don't mind them including mynd44.
Mynd44 your comment is preposterous and unbecoming...her ladyship diezani hasn't been put on trial and presumed innocent until a court of competent jurisdiction convicts her!... Maybe you don't know that Diezani was a Shell staff for over a decade and rose to become a director of that multinational corporation.... Or you are ignorant of the fact that she married a former military chieftain who's also a former minister under obj... Not done do you know she has always had a privileged background? Or maybe you forgot you bought fuel @ 87 naira under her watch!
maybe you were dropped on the head as a child or someone really messed you up for you to be this old and still dull in the brain. How much was the price of crude oil under her regime? Jonathan was d luckiest president ever. Crude oil price at 120 dollars and yet he was as dumb as you and didnt know how best to utilize it. Stop spewing thrash and talking about how the price of petrol was lower then. How much is crude now? Obviously her article was appealing to your sentiments and you were gullible enough to fall for it
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by sweetgala(m): 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Did you read of the places she has worked and how many years. Who had ever occupied those positions and cannot afford those things?

I know Shell pays well, but even shell would never pay a mid-level executive enough to own an 18 million dollar home, which is just o ne of her assets probably the least. Remember this lady is involved in an INTERPOL led operation into a $1.7 billion Atlantic energy corruption case.

1 Like

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by sweetgala(m): 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
Pavarottii:

Let's say that's even d amount of d house. That's 4billion naira. Not sure u even know wat it means to be executive director. All ur earnings in a year can be almost a billion sef. Go and ask well.

You must be a joker, if shell pay everyone of their over 500 mid-level executive a billion every year they'll barely declare a profit. remember that shell can provide EFCC her payslip while she was employed by them. She would have been lucky to see $600K after tax as an executive. How many top bankers even see that kind of money.

I know we all have this notion that these IOC pay lots which is true in comparison but the main perks are the travel expenses covered, decent bonuses. etc

18 million is not joke money, and I doubt there are many shell execs who have a string of properties like this worldwide

1 Like

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by sweetgala(m): 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
Validated:

Guess you did not reason your thoughts before posting this, please read Dezianni's statement with open mind again:

"With all sense of modesty, I say this only for posterity and for the records. I have strived within my means and the blessings of God to live a decent and accomplished life. I studied architecture in England and obtained a bachelor’s degree from Howard University, United States of America in 1992. When I returned to Nigeria that same year, I joined Shell Petroleum Development Corporation. In 2002, I obtained an MBA at Cambridge University, United Kingdom. In April 2006, I was appointed by Shell as the company’s first female Executive Director in Nigeria. In July 2007, I was appointed by the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua as Minister of Transport. The next year in December 2008 I became Minister of Mines and Steel Development. In April 2010, I was appointed as Minister for Petroleum Resources and served in that capacity till May 2015. During this period as Petroleum Minister, I had the honour of serving Nigeria and representing her in the Organization of Oil Exporting Countries (OPEC) where I was elected first female President. All through my career, I have strived to maintain a record of hard work, integrity and excellence, giving my best to society, because my parents raised me in the consciousness that a man or woman’s greatness is defined not by the amount of wealth they have acquired but the impact of their service to God and humanity."

Let me break it down for you:

> Graduated 1992 (24 years ago) and joined Shell Petroleum Dev Co
> In 2002, obtained MBA at Cambridge University, United Kingdom, that is after 10 years in SPDC
> In April 2006, she was appointed by Shell as the company’s first female Executive Director in Nigeria.
> In July 2007, I was appointed by the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua as Minister of Transport.
> The next year in December 2008 I became Minister of Mines and Steel Development.
> In April 2010, I was appointed as Minister for Petroleum Resources and served in that capacity till May 2015.

In summary, Deziani worked in Shell from 1992 and rose to Executive Director in 2006, that is over 14 years. Thereafter, she served as a Federal Minister for 9 years. Headed OPEC and led the Ministry of Petroleum resources. Do you really think that such a woman cannot afford jewelries? Let us make sensible assertions my friend!!!

If EFCC/Buhari have any case against her, let them go to court and stop disturbing the media space with circus dance!!!

while the jewels while suspect is negligible having a few houses worth millions of dollars globally is very suspect
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by francizy(m): 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
temitemi1:
Mr mynd44, u are jst one of those apc's zombies undecided undecided undecided undecided I'm expecting more ban from u, make it last for months this time pls cool cool

shift15:

If you parade a quarter of her credential, you will not be where you are.

soulpeppersoup:

cindybella101:

And she didn't sweat for what she has ? And when does having someone's name on corruption charges makes him/her guilty ? Your are both the prosecutor and the judge and who told you she doesn't have honor ? If she doesn't have honor would she have being recognize even at international level ?

You better stick to the mod work seun gave you.
Nonsense

danmasani101:

Zombie, which competent court has convicted her?

Ikwokrikwo:
Mynd44 is frustrated that he ended up as an ordinary moderator on nairaland while that woman rose to become an executive director in shell and a 3 time minister of the federal republic of Nigeria

Ikwokrikwo:
A mere moderator on nairaland mynd44 is.

deji68:
So working in an oil company and attaining a position of executive director is not hardwork abi?

Fyno:
pls make sure you ban me and if all possible all critics of this govt so you and your fellow zombies can have nairaland to yourselves.
You are one of the most stupid fellas in this country,you are a disgrace to humanity, in fact your problem is low life,this is a woman who has spent almost all her career in the oil sector and should be more than able to own a house in Abuja and jeweleries, even traders in main market Onitsha own houses in Abuja talk more of jewelries, so don't come here and make noise because you choose to be lazy hence poor, laziness and poverty have made you guys now think every wealthy Nigerian is corrupt which is why I hate you guys with passion,do you think its even easy to be corrupt to the extant of rising to the level of a petroleum minister?
Grow up man and stop been stupid
I feel like flogging you like a kid because you always sound like one

Finally if you don't ban me then your a coward

paschu:

Now I can see why you represent and PERSONIFY everything INJUSTICE on Nairaland. So an excutive director of Shell Petroleum and President of OPEC cannot afford jewellies of $2million and a house worth a $18million (that's assuming those were the real value of those stuffs)?

Do you even know anything about this woman's background or that of the man to whom she's married?

Has sychophancy blinded your eyes so much to the point that you now disregard the necessity of rule of law? Where is the proof of your education and rationality?

You and the rest of us keep wondering why this project called Nigeria has failed to work properly after 50 years of experiments, the culprit is INJUSTICE. No nation thrives on INJUSTICE. Nigeria can never be an exception.

In case the meaning of injustice has suddenly changed in your dictionary in this era of change, here's a good illustration of what injustice is and what it can breed.

https://www.nairaland.com/3164147/nda-touching-story-niger-deltan

The same scenario.in the above link is playing out again under the same actor.

And obviously kids (yourself inclusive) are cheering it on again, forgetting that evil can travel from one generation to countless more generations of those who sow it in the lives of others.

If you like go ahead and place the ban since that's your stock in trade.

frankyychiji:
You are just too tasteless for my liking. undecided
You are free to ban me for ever like you usually cowardly do when people disagree with you here, I won't loose sleep over it.
cc: Seun, lalasticlala

Egabs:
You jst want to be 1st to comment now I see hw gollible must nigerians are meaning any body who has wrk wth the govt is corrupt or theif bah every human being buy thngs according to his or her status plsssss av sm sense o

sigiyaya:
If I talk say u get poor mentality or say u no de reason well, you go ban me?

Validated:

Guess you did not reason your thoughts before posting this, please read Dezianni's statement with open mind again:

"With all sense of modesty, I say this only for posterity and for the records. I have strived within my means and the blessings of God to live a decent and accomplished life. I studied architecture in England and obtained a bachelor’s degree from Howard University, United States of America in 1992. When I returned to Nigeria that same year, I joined Shell Petroleum Development Corporation. In 2002, I obtained an MBA at Cambridge University, United Kingdom. In April 2006, I was appointed by Shell as the company’s first female Executive Director in Nigeria. In July 2007, I was appointed by the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua as Minister of Transport. The next year in December 2008 I became Minister of Mines and Steel Development. In April 2010, I was appointed as Minister for Petroleum Resources and served in that capacity till May 2015. During this period as Petroleum Minister, I had the honour of serving Nigeria and representing her in the Organization of Oil Exporting Countries (OPEC) where I was elected first female President. All through my career, I have strived to maintain a record of hard work, integrity and excellence, giving my best to society, because my parents raised me in the consciousness that a man or woman’s greatness is defined not by the amount of wealth they have acquired but the impact of their service to God and humanity."

Let me break it down for you:

> Graduated 1992 (24 years ago) and joined Shell Petroleum Dev Co
> In 2002, obtained MBA at Cambridge University, United Kingdom, that is after 10 years in SPDC
> In April 2006, she was appointed by Shell as the company’s first female Executive Director in Nigeria.
> In July 2007, I was appointed by the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua as Minister of Transport.
> The next year in December 2008 I became Minister of Mines and Steel Development.
> In April 2010, I was appointed as Minister for Petroleum Resources and served in that capacity till May 2015.

In summary, Deziani worked in Shell from 1992 and rose to Executive Director in 2006, that is over 14 years. Thereafter, she served as a Federal Minister for 9 years. Headed OPEC and led the Ministry of Petroleum resources. Do you really think that such a woman cannot afford jewelries? Let us make sensible assertions my friend!!!

If EFCC/Buhari have any case against her, let them go to court and stop disturbing the media space with circus dance!!!

menstrualpad:

Mynd44? He doesn't understand that word..

gare:

Do you have honour?

Agunechemba1:

You can never in your life achieve quater of what she has achieved... Keep hating.

Zombie

funkybully:

When does owning property in abuja and owning accessories amount to being corrupt? U mean a retired shell director can't afford such when bidija market women could? That's her analysis.

Stop demon using the woman when d court hasn't convicted her.

U can go ahead and ban me for airing my view, that's d worst u can do.

gazmann:

So you don't see hard work and sweat from her story . ode EFCC should take time and prove corruption charges that's my take

taurusmena1:
Who are the market women in Bodija? Are they not Nigerians? Are they not humans? When did you become a judge or on what premise did you draw your conclusion that she is guilty and without honour? It pains me to note that govt alone is not the problem of Nigeria but 99 out of 100% of its citizens are our problem. Cutting corners have become a way of life in this country.so do not rush to paint anyone innocent or guilty at such a quick pace.

Muhahahahahahahaha! I love this! These are the best replies to the most senseless, stewpid, idiotic and hypocritical comment ever.

I expect a 4 months ban for this comment tho... cool cool cool

Btw, some people are just so sycophantically deceitful and hypocritical. They go about screaming how corrupt other people are but give them a small post/duty and they abuse it without any bit of conscience. They dish out jungle justice to people who have different opinions from theirs but always keep a blind eye when people with similar opinion from theirs does same..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Nobody: 3:05am On Jun 15, 2016
toyetade:

How much did she pays you for this job . No matter what you have before. If you still once you are a thief.
where i know her, or see her before...
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Nobody: 3:10am On Jun 15, 2016
armadeo:

Don't waste your breathe. This country is full of nincompoops. That's why you see massive thrash been spilt out mostly by peeps looking for cheap data and cheats.

Rubbish.

She could never have afforded all that shit. They should publish her earnings to prop her worth. Non sense
Mr man she made her money before coming into politics, its just like asking dangotes daugther where she made her money from, her father is a king in the oil rich niger delta, schooled in the best schools, and a buissness woman... bro pack well.

1 Like

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 15, 2016
Amerage:

Do you know how much 18million dollars is?

Is it the cost of the assets or the value of the assets. Assets of 1 million last year is probably 100 million based on our naira - dollar exchange now.

18 million dollar is not the for dangote and me. Our level of exposure to money reduces is magnitude. This woman has been handling excess cash.

If 100 persons seeking favour from her gives her 1 million dollar each which I know you don't believe it is possible but I tell you it is by virtue of the positions she had occupied.

There are many ways to make money. When you plug into the stream of money. You find it is easy to make so much.

There are many that their family name alone make millions of dollars for them alone.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 15, 2016
sweetgala:

I know Shell pays well, but even shell would never pay a mid-level executive enough to own an 18 million dollar home, which is just o ne of her assets probably the least. Remember this lady is involved in an INTERPOL led operation into a $1.7 billion Atlantic energy corruption case.

Goodwill most position attracts pay more than the salary. If people tell their take home everyday from goodwill you will be shock.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by armadeo(m): 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
OYERINDEJ:

Mr man she made her money before coming into politics, its just like asking dangotes daugther where she made her money from, her father is a king in the oil rich niger delta, schooled in the best schools, and a buissness woman... bro pack well.

Ok. Her father ave her the money Abi? . Does her father own oil wells. She schooled in Th he bests schools agreed that doesnt transform into wealth does it?

The simple fact is let EFCC just show her earnings from when she became ED at shell till date. If it's enough for the lavish lifestyle then everyone would shut up.

She could as well stated his is her income expenditure let us keep quiet. She is a public figure instead of defending herself on social media.

What business does she have?

Guy use that squishy stuff in your cranium.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by sweetgala(m): 6:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
[quote author=soulpeppersoup post=46587165]

Goodwill most position attracts pay more than the salary. If people tell their take home everyday from goodwill you will be shock. [/quote

Goodwill.. Are you suggesting the lady has been takeing kickbacks cause that's my interpretation or are you saying the lady is rent seeking while a shell exec.

I was expecting you'd mention a commission but even that when you relate 18 million house
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by bluaero(m): 9:19am On Jun 17, 2016
Seun:
Sorry grin

Forgive my strong language Seun. And i deserved the 1 day ban if it came from you. I hold you in very high regard but it is disheartening that you are associated with such an opinionated, bigoted and partisan mod in the person of Mynd44. It tends to question my admiration for you and what you represent among youth of today. Lalasticlala is a good example of what a mod should be! His neutrality and professionalism is priceless. He has literally got me stuck to this forum.

He (Mynd44) can go ahead and ban me for breaking rule #20.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Firstlieutenant(m): 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2016
ireneony:
grin cheesy

Babe na where u dey sef? I don find u scatter, I no see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Photos From The Burial Of Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram In Metele Attack / If You Know How To Fix Nigeria How Come You Didn’t Teach Buhari? Paul Okoye / FFK Reacts To Biden's Victory: "Even Satan Thought He Won, Until 3 Days Later"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.