Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG (5941 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / Tinubu And Yorubas Will Cry For Regionalism When PDP Flashed APC 2019 / Regionalism Better Than True Federalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by HurtgenForest: 9:41am On Jun 14, 2016
There is a loud call from different parts of the country for true federalism while others have called for regionalism.

I support regionalism where we will have six regions in Nigeria and each region would be free to make their own laws, create as many states as they want, control their resources and develop at their own pace. A certain percentage will be paid monthly to the FG which will then be not too attractive.

Under this system, there will be less tribal bitternes because for every election, all the candidates will be from among the indigenous people so whoever wins would be accepted by all. There will be no need for MASSOB/IPOB, MEND, NDA, boko haram, OPC/Agbekoya, fulani herdsmen, etc.

While I support the call for regionalism, I support a regional system whereby the present FCT(Abuja) and all other former capitals i.e Lagos & Calabar would be under the control of the FG.

This way, everyone will be happy and Nigeria will move forward.

Shalom. cool

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by Movic1(m): 9:52am On Jun 14, 2016
Igbos & lagos So you didnt want the real owners of lagos to control/manage the affairs of their state? You used calabar to cover up,your main target is lagos. . cheesy Igbos/ lagos

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 9:55am On Jun 14, 2016
Movic1:
Igbos & lagos So you didnt want the real owners of lagos to control/manage the affairs of their state? You used calabar to cover up,your main target is lagos. . cheesy Igbos/ lagos
U dey mind dem. Dem think say dem get sense but we can see through their deceit.

8 Likes

Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 10:00am On Jun 14, 2016
OP, I have got bad news for you. The natives of Lagos do not want their state to be a FG property again. They also want to control their resources(Land). You should worry yourself about biafra

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by Twistaray(m): 10:07am On Jun 14, 2016
Movic1:

Wahalai kagiko..

The tin tire my blohoda grin grin grin

Yeeeboo and wayooo

Perhaps,just maybe if the FG can have total control of enugu as well we can change our mind concerning lagos, eko ile too grin grin

Ibo and wayooo eh!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by HurtgenForest: 10:27am On Jun 14, 2016
Twistaray:

Wahalai kagiko..

Yeeeboo and wayooo

Perhaps,just maybe if the FG can have total control of enugu as well we can change our mind concerning lagos, eko ile too grin grin

Ibo and wayooo eh!

But Enugu was never a Nigerian capital.

I said all former capitals which includes Calabar & Lagos. cheesy
Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by HurtgenForest: 10:28am On Jun 14, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by HurtgenForest: 10:29am On Jun 14, 2016
Movic1:

What do you mean by I used Calabar to cover up?

There are also indigenous people in Calabar. smiley
Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by Twistaray(m): 10:30am On Jun 14, 2016
HurtgenForest:

But Enugu was never a Nigerian capital.

I said all former capitals which includes Calabar & Lagos. cheesy

Lagos was a former capital. Right? Good.

Well, enugu is the pride of SE, isn't it?

So let's add enugu in that category.

Give and take make life sweet my bloloda wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by RockHard: 10:30am On Jun 14, 2016
Which kind confusion be dis? What happened to Biafra agitation

6 Likes

Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 14, 2016
Twistaray:

Wahalai kagiko..

Yeeeboo and wayooo

Ibo and wayooo eh!
enugu is too small. Include Anambra and Imo before we can agree they are at par with Lagos and Abuja.

9 Likes

Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by Twistaray(m): 10:36am On Jun 14, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
enugu is too small. Include Anambra and Imo before we can agree they are at par with Lagos and Abuja.

You are right.

Enugu + Anambra + IMO.
We don't want Aba at all at all. we all know why nah cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by HurtgenForest: 10:43am On Jun 14, 2016
Twistaray:

Lagos was a former capital. Right? Good.

Well, enugu is the pride of SE, isn't it?

So let's add enugu in that category.

Give and take make life sweet my bloloda wink

This is not about pride or no pride of wherever, it is about former CAPITALs of Nigeria.
Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by attackgat: 10:45am On Jun 14, 2016
HurtgenForest:

There is a loud call from different parts of the country for true federalism while others have called for regionalism.

I support regionalism where we will have six regions in Nigeria and each region would be free to make their own laws, create as many states as they want, control their resources and develop at their own pace. A certain percentage will be paid monthly to the FG which will then be not too attractive.

Under this system, there will be less tribal bitternes because for every election, all the candidates will be from among the indigenous people so whoever wins would be accepted by all. There will be no need for MASSOB/IPOB, MEND, NDA, boko haram, OPC/Agbekoya, fulani herdsmen, etc.

While I support the call for regionalism, I support a regional system whereby the present FCT(Abuja) and all other former capitals i.e Lagos & Calabar would be under the control of the FG.

This way, everyone will be happy and Nigeria will move forward.

Shalom. cool

I support regionalism too, even six region as the case maybe. But where there will be a big problem is if anyone expects that the six regions will be this so called SW/SE/SS etc.
Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 14, 2016
una dey tire,,
the last time something like these was approved ..my brothers from the west conjoined with the north and disapproved it because they always fear industrious people will come and take their land away from them
Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by Twistaray(m): 10:53am On Jun 14, 2016
HurtgenForest:

This is not about pride or no pride of wherever, it is about former CAPITALs of Nigeria.

grin grin

Afiii former" fah

Anyway, when ibo have something to offer, i.e a state like lagos and FCT, to the FG call me, ok?

Until then, you are free to wish grin
Irosite my bloloda, isorite..kaagiko grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 11:16am On Jun 14, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
enugu is too small. Include Anambra and Imo .
Stop making this mistake. The ibos are ready to forfeit all these places in exchange for Lagos. An ibo man would rather die in Lagos than go back to iboland

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 11:18am On Jun 14, 2016
RockHard:
Which kind confusion be dis? What happened to Biafra agitation
Bros dont be decieved. All those noise about bi.afraud are just hot air.

6 Likes

Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by Omololu007(m): 11:25am On Jun 14, 2016
HurtgenForest:

venue or kogi was once the capital of Nigeria too
Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by HurtgenForest: 11:29am On Jun 14, 2016
attackgat:

I support regionalism too, even six region as the case maybe. But where there will be a big problem is if anyone expects that the six regions will be this so called SW/SE/SS etc.

Exactly my brother, for instance Igbos will take back our lands of Obigbo & Egbema carved into Rivers state in 1976. These were part of old Imo state.
Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by Movic1(m): 11:32am On Jun 14, 2016
HurtgenForest:

What do you mean by I used Calabar to cover up?

There are also indigenous people in Calabar. smiley

Pls give us reasons why the Former capitals should be under the control of the FG. How many development Fg contributed to lagos sef before moving it to Abj?

5 Likes

Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by Movic1(m): 11:34am On Jun 14, 2016
Twistaray:

Wahalai kagiko..

Yeeeboo and wayooo

Ibo and wayooo eh!

Their wayoo no reach yoruba own. dm think say na dm get sense pass cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by Movic1(m): 11:37am On Jun 14, 2016
ugohemma:
una dey tire,,
the last time something like these was approved ..my brothers from the west conjoined with the north and disapproved it because they always fear industrious people will come and take their land away from them

Which last time? Your father Zik put us in this mess

5 Likes

Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by HurtgenForest: 11:40am On Jun 14, 2016
Movic1:

Pls give us reasons why the Former capitals should be under the control of the FG. How many development Fg contributed to lagos sef before moving it to Abj?

The seaports alone is enough for the FG to 'annex' lagos state not to talk of other structures like the 3rd mainland bridge and other. Do you know how much those seaports contributed to making Lagos what it is today
Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by HurtgenForest: 11:41am On Jun 14, 2016
Movic1:

Which last time? Your father Zik put us in this mess

So why is it taking eternity to correct the error of one man? Since 1960 abi na which year sef.

Na wa oo.
Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by HurtgenForest: 11:42am On Jun 14, 2016
hargmund:
yeebos are useless landgrabbers,all they want is lagos, their yondon.

My friend go and sit down inside gutter.

Did the Yorubas develop Lagos alone?

All Nigerians worked hard to make Lagos what it is today and the FG too.
Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by Movic1(m): 12:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
HurtgenForest:

So why is it taking eternity to correct the error of one man? Since 1960 abi na which year sef.

Na wa oo.

So you think its easy to correct constitutional error
Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by blackpanda: 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
All u have said can be done under this present system.
Regionalism will breed more strife. How will an itsekiri man become premier of south south Future unpossible tense! grin
Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by HurtgenForest: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
Movic1:

So you think its easy to correct constitutional error

Since 19 gbigidim abge
Re: Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG by HurtgenForest: 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
blackpanda:
All u have said can be done under this present system.
Regionalism will breed more strife. How will an itsekiri man become premier of south south Future unpossible tense! grin

That will be left for the SS people to worry about.

If I say SS does not exist now the 'We SS' will scream "Land grabber!"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Won’t Sanction Dogara And Jibrin Over Budget Padding / Fashola: FG Will Support Developmental Initiatives Of States / Budget: FG Earmarks ₦100 Billion For 2023 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.