Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! (1587 Views)

Advice To MTN Users In Nigeria! / ْ / Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by Valon4ego(m): 9:55am On Aug 29, 2009
Nigerians have gone far! There is a new 419 trend and mtn users are the victims. The culprits would send you an sms using the name-MTN NG@, informing you that you won the sum of #1,000,000 and a free ticket to south africa,thus referring you to this address-www.yellosports.com. Fellow nairalanders,believe me it looks exactly like the mtn home page! You'll be asked for your gsm number and the so-called confirmation code, after which you'll be asked for your banking details where the money will be paid.but fellow nairalanders,here's the koko of the matter you'll be asked to confirm your account by giving details of your atm card including your pin!if you fall for that,believe me your account will be dried! I almost fell for that but it made research on the whole stuff and i found out that
1)yellosports.com is a FAKE site that was designed to look like the mtn site
2)MTN NG@ is fake! Mtn uses MTN or MTN NG no @!
3)Mtn official number is 234803 not anything like 4477,
Mtn users beware!
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by Valon4ego(m): 8:32am On Aug 30, 2009
Ain't anyone talking
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by ahmedoo(m): 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2009
tanx for the info, i dont know y nigerians wount do +tins wit there talents
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by dani1luv: 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2009
Na wa for fraudsters oh
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by Infoseye(m): 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2009
Valon4ego:

Nigerians have gone far! There is a new 419 trend and mtn users are the victims. The culprits would send you an sms using the name-MTN NG@, informing you that you won the sum of #1,000,000 and a free ticket to south africa,thus referring you to this address-www.yellosports.com. Fellow nairalanders,believe me it looks exactly like the mtn home page! You'll be asked for your gsm number and the so-called confirmation code, after which you'll be asked for your banking details where the money will be paid.but fellow nairalanders,here's the koko of the matter you'll be asked to confirm your account by giving details of your atm card including your pin!if you fall for that,believe me your account will be dried! I almost fell for that but it made research on the whole stuff and i found out that
1)yellosports.com is a FAKE site that was designed to look like the mtn site
2)MTN NG@ is fake! Mtn uses MTN or MTN NG no @!
3)Mtn official number is 234803 not anything like 4477,
Mtn users beware!

This is old sch news na, you have not even seen the latest yet sha. What pain me must and hate MTN is that they know what this fraudsters are doing and dont care and yet many innocent Nigerians are been victims. Even my bank Gtbank was floading my box with scam mails I just got feed up and printed all there mails took it to the MANGER office straight and warned him if 1kobo should miss it will be trouble for them I dont even have more than 50k thank actual a/c grin.
I know what it is to work hard ,honest and get paid then fool will just scam me just like that without breaking a sweat God for bit. That's why wehn I surf the Internet 24/7 on MTN especially I dont care cuzz they too dont care about the subscribers. grin grin grin grin

Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by Excllncy(m): 6:01pm On Sep 01, 2009
Thank yu guy. the idiots tried me too. i know they were criminals but wanted 2 see hw far.
they sent me a txt with de name MTN NG (dat i won 1 milion naira). giving me a 6 digit "code" to confirm from a criminal website they posted. I got into de websit, oh my God, u culd hardly suspect.
May God PUNISH them if they dont repent.
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by Dwayne(m): 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2009
Gr8 info.
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by Dclique(m): 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2009
There is no how i wouldn't be able to spot a fake webpage.
I wonder how people fall this rubbish.
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by Dclique(m): 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2009
I wonder how people fall for* this rubbish.
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by honsule(m): 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2009
Dclique:

even while using the phone to browse? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by Dclique(m): 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2009
Trust me, I still will be able to know its a fake cus i used to design websites and i know whats legit and whats not
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by Joe50(m): 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2009
I was tempted too, i got an email that i won 450,000 naira from mtn marathon, asking me to send 1500 recharge card b4 claiming my price.
I got another mail that i was among d winners that uses nterswitch to recharge credit from ATM marchine. I won 450,000. Visit the website below to claim your price, login and confirm your code using your atm details.
So i visit d site, wat i saw was a shit head, i quickly ran away.
Few days later, i got three mails from them, warning me if i didn't confirm my atm card my price would be cancelled.
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by Dwayne(m): 2:00am On Sep 02, 2009
dclique, don't get 2 over confident. It'll make u fall for more simple scams.
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by Valon4ego(m): 6:19am On Sep 02, 2009
Sorry guys the website they use is www.yellosports.net you guys should please check out the site and see what i'm talking about.
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by Joe50(m): 7:27am On Sep 02, 2009
You want to tell me that mtn is not aware of this website? And didn't propagate the pretty scam site to its customers? Wat a shame to mtn,
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by Valon4ego(m): 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2009
@dclique
don't be over confident.i used to pride myself in my ability to discern fake from real,but this was so close,and it was only their request for atm pin that jolted me back to reality!
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by Dclique(m): 6:58pm On Sep 02, 2009
Actually i starting laughing when i noticed that field 'ATM PIN' on the E form. I was like, who is the clown that will fall for this,and put his/her atm PIN. I dont think even your bank knows your pin,
only you can know that.
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by bydot1(m): 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2009
@poster, Thnx for d info.,.,., i trust myself i cant fall for that
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by symbian03(m): 12:28am On Sep 03, 2009
It's a pity some will fall for this. It's an old con to be played.
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by Dwayne(m): 6:14am On Sep 03, 2009
. . .d scammer tried, 'll give them dat, but they were too 4ward making a very expository path to thier aim. I don't think mtn is aware.
Re: Exposing The Latest Fraudstars-mtn Users Beware! by iniguy(m): 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2009
Bad news for my friend cheesy he received a text that he won 1 million naira plus a trip to 2010 world cup in South Africa and he was going over the topgrin grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Configure A Windows Mobile Phone Samsung Sgh- I907 Epix For Mtn Or Zain / Buying Phones On Ebay.com / Official Iphone Unlocking Service (Iphone 3g, 3gs, 4, 4s, 5, Ipad) All Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.