Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,935 members, 7,956,514 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:09 PM

A Critical Look Into Buhari "Certificate" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Critical Look Into Buhari "Certificate" (811 Views)

Buhari's Certificate: Court Strikes Out Suite / Buhari Certificate Palaver: Court Rules On Thursday / Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Critical Look Into Buhari "Certificate" by henrydadon(m): 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
Buhari has stated that he had lost the original copies of his certificate, so I wasn’t expecting to see an original document but an AUTHENTIC statement fro the school he attended and maybe the West African Examination board. This would have sufficed if they had kept the information on this new statement of result, as truthful as possible.

A few things doesn’t look quite right, which has rendered every other seeming authenticity on it to be null and void. I have highlighted ten of them which I shall point out and discuss…

1. There was no Katsina State in 1961. Katsina State was in fact created in 1987. One could argue that it is a statement of result given in the present to cover for a past result which was misplaced, but I’m coming to that.

2. There was no SSCE (Senior School Certificate Examination) in 1961. The SSCE otherwise known as the 6-3-3-4 System was introduced by former Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida and implemented in federal secondary schools in 1989 and state secondary schools in 1990.

3. If you look closely, you’ll indeed notice that this statement of result was designed for use after the 90s. The numbers ’20’ has been crossed out and the year 1961 dated in its place.

4. Buhari’s name is ‘Muhammadu Buhari’ AND NOT ‘Mohammed Buhari.’ This sin number 4 has rendered the whole document null, void and a big fraud. We all know this. In fact, I could stop here at number 4 without listing the rest sins and I’d have made my point. Even for a name variation such as this, we all know you may be required to swear an affidavit to confirm that ‘Mohammed’ and ‘Muhammadu’ are one and the same person. I remember I had to swear an affidavit on my GCE results because the computer misspelled one letter in my name! How much more a whole name variation. Even if Buhari’s first name is Charles and the certificate reads Charlie, it’s authenticity is questionable. I had earlier argued within me that yes, it’s possible to use a present day document to fill in a past result, but sin number 4 has made me to think twice if we are really looking at the General’s authentic result.

5. There was no Class Six in 1961. Secondary School ended in Form Five back then. This also got me thinking very hard if a serious case of forgery wasn’t going on here. Even if a modern document is being used to collate a past result, shouldn’t the information be recorded exactly how it pertained to that era? Is this the progress, transparency, and anti-corruption campaign, the APC is trying to sell to Nigerians? Are we going to be this gullible as to swallow this glaring fraud?

6. How realistic is it that Buhari who is of Hausa/Fulani stock, got a C5 in Hausa language but made an A1 in Igbo language?

7. Buhari was recruited into the Nigerian Army in 1962 as a combatant soldier. Was a pass in Mathematics not a prerequisite to qualify for entry?

8. The passport photograph on the statement of result is a recent photo of himself. Again, one may argue that it is a replacement of his lost results but these are also points that need more clarification. Is this supposed to be a certificate? What exactly is it meant to substitute?

9. The Examination Officer signed and stamped the document without a name, we could verify the authenticity of the document with.

10. Likewise, the Principal of the college. He signed and stamped but no name for verification. This discrepancy was also observed by PUNCH newspaper. In the confidential result sheet, Buhari’s name was the second among the 17 candidates that sat the Cambridge/ West African School Certificate Examination in 1961. But no signature or name of a Cambridge university official was sighted on the confidential result sheet. When the principal was contacted by telephone to ask why this was so, he replied:

“As far as we concerned, we only issued the General(Buhari) what we have here.”

When copies of a medical report claiming Buhari had prostrate cancer circulated recently, the documents were carefully analysed and dismissed as a big fraud. The APC even went as far as accusing the PDP as being the mastermind behind it. So what makes this statement of result any different?

News Source/Photo Credit: PUNCH | PREMIUM TIMES

Analysis: Peace Ben Williams Blog

Re: A Critical Look Into Buhari "Certificate" by WebSurfer(m): 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
Seriously? Oboy you can lie oo.. Did buhari just sit for the exam ? Because the photo im seing on the reSult ennn? Or maybe na my eye dey pain me

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Chief Of Army Staff, Buratai Visits Gov. Bello / Aisha Buhari In The US Different From Nigeria First Lady-sahara Reporters (pics) / OBJ Blast Ben Murray-Bruce; Calls Him A Social Media Parrot. (Screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.