Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,670 members, 7,959,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:35 AM

Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins (26296 Views)

Trucks And Buses For Cleaner Lagos Initiative To Begin Work In 2018 / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Why Innoson Motors Is Being Punished By EFCC" / Senate Reacts To Arrest Of Innocent Chukwuma, Innoson Motors Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by NigerDeltan(m): 11:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
The Cross River State Government has taken delivery of a batch of over 200 waste management equipment in its bid to improve on the efficiency of waste evacuation across the state.

This comes barely a week after the governor, Senator Benedict Ayade inspected dump sites and promised that the evacuation of waste in the capital city of Calabar and its environs will improve in the near future.

Speaking at the premises of the governor’s office in Calabar where some of the equipment consisting of evacuation trucks and collection bins are currently kept awaiting deployment, the state Commissioner for Environment, Engineer Mike Eraye today, told newsmen that it was part of a well planned program for a sustainable and effective waste management system in the state.

“This is part of the Plan on the resolution of some of the challenges relating to waste evacuation and restoring the clean and green nature of Calabar has been on for a long while. The governor’s visit (to the dumpsite) was not an afterthought, it was a follow up to a well planned idea on how to keep Calabar the way it ought to be, that is return its status.

After that visit, he gained more insight into what the problem is, took some decisions, went to EXCO and obtained approval for 20 pieces of this equipment and over 200 collection bins. As at today we will start deploying some of these bins to Calabar South where the challenge is very severe.”

Also, Eraye said the challenge of land space was been tackled. According to him, “The land is been processed and when ready, the high end of waste management, which is the waste to wealth, waste to energy, recycling and the conversion will now kick in. we are taking that seriously and we are expecting some partners to participate in that scheme.

Commending the governor for seeking “unconventional” methods to fund the process despite the challenging economy, he stressed that the local content policy as well as the “Buy Naija To Grow The Naira” initiative were considered in the purchase of the equipment, especially the evacuation trucks which are manufactured by Innoson Vehicles Manufacturing, a company wholly owned and operated by Nigerians.

“Go and check the rate of the Naira to the dollar and see if you can buy anything, it was on the basis of that we arrived at a decision to promote our own and what about the spare, the sustainability, it is easier. The factory is here at Nnewi at Enugu, we have taken a decision that we will be able to sustain” Eraye said.

It will be recalled that CrossRiverWatch has in the recent past reported several times that the state is almost drowning in its filth as waste generation has increased with dilapidated equipment and non payment of salaries often fingered as the reason for the slow pace and sometimes, non evacuation of refuse.

http://crossriverwatch.com/?p=25252

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by khristals(m): 11:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
is that so undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by firstolalekan(m): 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
khristals:
is that so undecided
Is that so
Is that so undecided
Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by explorer250(m): 11:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
That's great. I feel joy in me whenever I see Igbo businesses flourishing

I foresee a time when innoson will be the Boeing and lookheed martin of Nigeria

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by mrvitalis(m): 11:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
Akwa ibom and cross River are the only two south south states igbos should line with
Aniomas will run and join later, when they deal with them
It's so obvious this two state like igbos but don't know y my people over look them

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by inlandtaipan: 12:08am On Jun 15, 2016
mrvitalis:
Akwa ibom and cross River are the only two south south states igbos should line with
It's so obvious this two state like igbos but don't know y my people over look them
quit creating enemies for innoson, stop this myopic comment.

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by Scholes007(m): 12:16am On Jun 15, 2016
Nice one from cross river state. I encourage every other states to key in lets grow our own. INNOSON is ours and has come to stay. Drive innoson and feel the joy of been a Nigerian.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by magknox(m): 12:23am On Jun 15, 2016
Gr8 news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by Vision4God: 12:39am On Jun 15, 2016
Interesting

3 Likes

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by YoursGEJ(m): 12:43am On Jun 15, 2016
Cross River wants to be even cleaner than it already is. I have already decided to build my mansion in that state. For me and my only sweery DJ Cuppy.

17 Likes

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by Owoloku1: 1:29am On Jun 15, 2016
Finally a governor that is interested in promoting and buying Nigerian products

As usual my state is always the best state in the south south

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by gebest: 4:56am On Jun 15, 2016
noted please
Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by dlox147(m): 4:56am On Jun 15, 2016
This is impressive. ..
I just hope other governors will key in to this effort which will aide the growth of our industrial sector.
If this sector grows Nigeria would have got one thing right. Export of heavy machineries/equipments will rack in the much needed forex.

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by Nobody: 5:01am On Jun 15, 2016
Innoson vehicles are only good for packing shiit and waste? No wonder the eastern governor's overlook the piece of crap for Hyundai carsgrin funny biafrans

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 15, 2016
irunooboo:
[s]Innoson vehicles are only good for packing shiit and waste? No wonder the eastern governor's overlook the piece of crap for Hyundai carsgrin funny biafrans [/s]

Yorubaa...smh

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by Know2020: 5:44am On Jun 15, 2016
irunooboo:
Innoson vehicles are only good for packing shiit and waste? No wonder the eastern governor's overlook the piece of crap for Hyundai carsgrin funny biafrans

Yoruba hater shown the door by an Igbo man!

140 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by DjAndroid: 5:54am On Jun 15, 2016
Good move. IVM is good.

Below are pictures of the interior of the new IVM pick-up Van.

21 Likes

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by DaniDani(m): 6:07am On Jun 15, 2016
People should watch that irunoo of a girl before she die because of Igbo matter. the hatred is taking too much toll on her

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by Agimor(m): 6:07am On Jun 15, 2016
Ayade again.
Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by proeast(m): 6:21am On Jun 15, 2016
Very good of the governor, kudos to him. I have come to observe that its only SE & SS governors that keeps patronizing Innoson, others will prefer to import than buy Innoson products! This much touted envy & jealousy is real in Nigeria.

25 Likes

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 15, 2016
Gud 4 Dem, Congratz To Innoson, Let Oda S.East Governors Follow Suit

8 Likes

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by evy1(m): 6:33am On Jun 15, 2016
YoursGEJ:
Cross River wants to be even cleaner than it already is. I have already decided to build my mansion in that state. For me and my only sweery DJ Cuppy.
Those trucks are needed,Cross River state is no longer the clean and green state you know.

3 Likes

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by Ikwokrikwo: 6:35am On Jun 15, 2016
Good one.
Only Yorubas will be unhappy with this news.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by gbaskiboy: 6:45am On Jun 15, 2016
Good gesture from the cross river. Leading by example. Patronize nigeria and see how it'll grow
Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by damoski(m): 7:10am On Jun 15, 2016
explorer250:
That's great. I feel joy in me whenever I see Igbo businesses flourishing
is not about Igbo business flourishing, is about, when we Nigerians start patronising our products. That's it, thanks to cross river state government

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by ceaz4r(m): 7:11am On Jun 15, 2016
mrvitalis:

Who told you we overlook them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by ceaz4r(m): 7:30am On Jun 15, 2016
proeast:
Very good of the governor, kudos to him. I have come to observe that its only SE & SS governors that keeps patronizing Innoson, others will prefer to import than buy Innoson products! This much touted envy & jealousy is real In Nigeria.

Well, is a gradual process. Even though I believe the government can do better. Nigerian Army use Innoson buses, FRSC use their cars, I have also seen Innoson jeeps as part of a government convoy. If the Federal government should initiate a directive that Innoson vehicles (Nigerian made vehicles) should make up to 40% of any government fleet and all government agencies , it will go a long way.

5 Likes

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by EzeNri(m): 7:32am On Jun 15, 2016
irunooboo:
When I call her descendant of a fallen angel now or a brown roofer one senseless MOD will remember one rule that is being broken. But looks the other way when a wastern insults others.

16 Likes

Re: Cross River Acquires 20 Innoson Motors Trucks And 200 Waste Collection Bins by DoyenExchange: 7:33am On Jun 15, 2016
Good. We have to look inwards

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army's Tweet About N3M Bounty On Abubakar Shekau: See Nigerians' Reactions / Ekweremadu: Atiku, Secondus’ Telephone Calls Pacified Him From Defecting / Wave Of Resignations Hit Akwa Ibom PDP (See Resignation Letters)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.