Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,462 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 (22994 Views)

3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do / Samsung J7 Or Infinix Note 3 Pro? / Which Should I Choose Between Infinix Hot 3 Or Tecno L8. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Toroze(m): 9:02am On Jun 16, 2016
greenhulk:

Bros, we all know Mercedes benz is ahead of Hyundai. But a Hyundai Genesis is a far better car than a mercedes benz A class.
Zero chill bruv this brutal now 8:43 is too early
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Toroze(m): 9:07am On Jun 16, 2016
I love china phones..but common people j7 and c9 jus because one is new doesn't mean it's better than the other...tho
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Naijji: 9:13am On Jun 16, 2016
greenhulk:

Look dude I'm a huge Samsung fan, I skipped the s7 because I'm waiting for the next note. Galaxy s6 has a better camera than the j7, but the front camera of the s6 is just 5mp, good enough for blogs and Skype but that's it. The camon c9 has 13mp front camera with flash. The j7 might have a slightly better back camera becauae it is f1.9 vs f2.0 of the c9, but the camon c9 is a camera focused phone, don't forget that. The j7 has a mediocre 5mp front camera.

You're still on about megapixels. You do not judge the quality of a camera solely based on the number of megapixels it has. That's the fallacy

7 Likes

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 16, 2016
Naijji:

You're still on about megapixels. You do not judge the quality of a camera solely based on the number of megapixels it has. That's the fallacy

Of course I know megapixel is not everything. Megapixel mtters, but image qualty is not all about megapixels. Having said that, there is a huge difference between 13 megapixel and 5 megapixel. 9 out of 10 times a 13 mp camera will produce better image than a 5mp camera. Of course I do not expect a front camera to have the same sensor and aperture as a rear camera
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Naijji: 10:46am On Jun 16, 2016
greenhulk:

Of course I know megapixel is not everything. Megapixel mtters, but image qualty is not all about megapixels. Having said that, there is a huge difference between 13 megapixel and 5 megapixel. 9 out of 10 times a 13 mp camera will produce better image than a 5mp camera. Of course I do not expect a front camera to have the same sensor and aperture as a rear camera

Nope. Except you mean "other things being equal". The megapixel count is not among the top 3 most important features of a phone camera. #justsaying
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by olanreyman(m): 11:06am On Jun 16, 2016
After my research, i can now conclude that this argument is pointless. .. Galaxy j7 beats c9 in terms of overall performance

3 Likes

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Naijji: 11:46am On Jun 16, 2016
olanreyman:
After my research, i can now conclude that this argument is pointless. .. Galaxy j7 beats c9 in terms of overall performance

Which kain research you carry out?
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by olanreyman(m): 7:57am On Jun 17, 2016
Naijji:

Which kain research you carry out?
shebi u get Google for your phone?
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by yasolan(m): 8:21am On Jun 17, 2016
J7 is just overpriced for its specs..I love phones ..but I just have to give to c9 ..considering money factor again

2 Likes

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Naijji: 8:35am On Jun 17, 2016
olanreyman:
shebi u get Google for your phone?

Ha. Na Google research you do? I'll advise you to go into the market and feel both phones
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Friedyokes: 11:11am On Jun 17, 2016
olanreyman:
Pls i need good advice on which to go for, I will also like to know the current price of both. Thanks
j7 is a good

device watched a lot of reviews on itbwhen i wanted to

buy...multitasking and game handling is great.... And

camon c9 is an equally good device 13 mp camera

1080p ...if u r into camera stuff ....j7 has an amoled

display which is great...but one thing I always consider

when buying a smartphone is the resale value...and

Samsung carries the cake here...it is your choice thou

3 Likes

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by olanreyman(m): 1:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
Friedyokes:
j7 is a good

device watched a lot of reviews on itbwhen i wanted to

buy...multitasking and game handling is great.... And

camon c9 is an equally good device 13 mp camera

1080p ...if u r into camera stuff ....j7 has an amoled

display which is great...but one thing I always consider

when buying a smartphone is the resale value...and

Samsung carries the cake here...it is your choice thou
am not a camera freak though, but in terms of gaming and multitasking, j7 is definitely the best... Wat surprises me with Samsung vs other mtk device (techno, Gionee, infinix) the gaming quality is just so high... Played gta San Andreas and pes 16 psp on j5 and the graphics is excellent compared to mtk device.... just can't figure out why

2 Likes

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by olanreyman(m): 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
Anybody that knows why game graphics is so high on Samsung phones compared to other mtk device should pls explain
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by ibibiofirstlady(f): 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hackerjay:
Just read this before you go for tecno camon c9

http://www.obagoblog.com/2016/06/problems-and-advantages-tecno-camon-C9.html
This is helpful to OP
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by ibibiofirstlady(f): 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
yasolan:
J7 is just overpriced for its specs..I love phones ..but I just have to give to c9 ..considering money factor again
I think it has to do with preference. For me, I go with C9 for its unbeatable camera quality
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Penaldo: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2016
Going by peoples comment, majority are heading for C9 tecno
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by stone07(m): 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2016
Wen I have my money y will I go for tecno phones. Don't compare phone u can not see on gsmarena.com with Samsung.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Hackerjay(m): 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
ibibiofirstlady:
This is helpful to OP

Sure..
But wait, baby you're to sexy and exotic for my liking.... Quote me no more
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by gingerman876: 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2016
The C9 is a better choice for you.
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by yinka360nl1: 5:48pm On Jun 17, 2016
The C9 Got better RAM, Better Camera, and a good battery. You should give it preference
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by olanreyman(m): 10:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
No one has answered this question yet. Why is the gaming graphics on Samsung phones dupe than mtk phones?
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by donhils: 11:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
greenhulk:

For where? it is sold for around 71k now. It was even sold for like 90k 4 months ago, price just dropped after the release of galaxy j7 2016 edition (j710). Do u know the 2016 version of galaxy j7 with 2gb of ram and still 720p display is sold for N110,000 naira,? Crap if u ask me, there are better phones that are sold for below 70k.
Namely?
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by donhils: 11:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
Penaldo:
Going by peoples comment, majority are heading for C9 tecno
You don't know why? Because Tecno is like a household name in Nigeria.
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by donhils: 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2016
olanreyman:
No one has answered this question yet. Why is the gaming graphics on Samsung phones dupe than mtk phones?
Really? Gaming graphics on Samsung phones [/b]dupe[b] than mtk phones?
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Reeberry: 1:19am On Jun 18, 2016
J7 is not a phone. The display is poor and lags alot.

1 Like

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by olanreyman(m): 6:26am On Jun 18, 2016
Reeberry:
have you handled the phone or you are currently using it?
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Friedyokes: 6:28am On Jun 18, 2016
Reeberry:
Samsung j7 or tecno j7

3 Likes

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by donbenie(m): 6:30am On Jun 18, 2016
greenhulk:

Look dude I'm a huge Samsung fan, I skipped the s7 because I'm waiting for the next note. Galaxy s6 has a better camera than the j7, but the front camera of the s6 is just 5mp, good enough for blogs and Skype but that's it. The camon c9 has 13mp front camera with flash. The j7 might have a slightly better back camera becauae it is f1.9 vs f2.0 of the c9, but the camon c9 is a camera focused phone, don't forget that. The j7 has a mediocre 5mp front camera.
The FALLACY there is on the assumption that just because the C9 has more camera Megapixels it's automatically better than the J7,Samsung phones are known for their good Camera quality,don't make the call on which is better until you've tried both cameras..
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 18, 2016
donbenie:
The FALLACY there is on the assumption that just because the C9 has more camera Megapixels it's automatically better than the J7,Samsung phones are known for their good Camera quality,don't make the call on which is better until you've tried both cameras..

I get u. what u fail to understnd is the Galaxy j7 is a mid range phone. Even flagship phones like the s6 doesn't have the best selfie camera. I own a gaaxy s6, the back camera is out of this world, the front camera however is just 5 MP, it gets the job done but there are lots of phones with better selfie camera. Now the camera on the s6 is better than the one on the J7 I hope u know. Camon C9 are using the selfie camera as a selling point so I expect the 13mp front camera to beta j7 5mp camera. But coming to the back camera I know the c9 can never beat the s6, but against the j7 I cannot say.

All those top phone makers like Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc don't put enough effort in their mid range phones like the chinese do and they still sell them expensive. They only put all their efforts in their flagship phones.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Naijji: 7:39am On Jun 18, 2016
olanreyman:

It's basically a function of the soc (system on chip). MediaTek chips are ... crap, at least compared to Snapdragon and Exynos chips.

Samsung phones generally use Snapdragon chips (paired with Adreno GPUs), or Exynos chips (paired with Mali GPUs or PowerVR GPUs).

MediaTek chips are usually paired with Mali GPUs. But then, the GPUs on the MediaTek chips usually run at much lower speeds. And then, since mtk chips are basically chips for budget phones, they are paired with budget GPUs.

Even a midrange Exynos/Snapdragon chip will very likely outperform a "high end" MediaTek chip.

Simples

3 Likes

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 18, 2016
FrozeBABE:

lol where can i get the Samsung C9 or is it a 2in1 device?
Sorry i mean Samsung J7
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 18, 2016
olanreyman:

of course Samsung flagship phones will kick the sh*t of of any mediatek phones in gaming performance. Samsung use snapdragon or exynos for theor flagship phones, these are high end procesors.. but that is not the processor found in the J7.

And don't get it twisted bro, Samsung phones are not the best in terms of gaming, even some low en phones perform better. Watch the video below and see how Sony Xperia X kicks Samsung galaxy s7 as$ in gaming. S7 has 4gb of ram while Xperia x has 3gb. S7 runs snapdragon 820 while xperia x runs a lower snapdragon 615. Yet the Xperia performs better in gaming. Sometimes these samsung phones are overrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6A7HQPnLMM

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Internet Is Best For Lagos? / Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! / 7 Advantages Of Using VPN Services In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.