Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,152 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 (22992 Views)

3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do / Samsung J7 Or Infinix Note 3 Pro? / Which Should I Choose Between Infinix Hot 3 Or Tecno L8. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Reeberry: 10:19am On Jun 18, 2016
olanreyman:
have you handled the phone or you are currently using it?
I have a friend who uses it. It even takes long to get fully charged.
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Reeberry: 10:20am On Jun 18, 2016
Friedyokes:
Samsung j7 or tecno j7
Samsung.
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 18, 2016
Reeberry:
J7 is not a phone. The display is poor and lags alot.

That's what I been trying to say. That phone is an overpriced piece of junk. If that phone was made by any other company other than Samsung abs sold for that price , no one will buy it. There is nothing special in that phone. 720p display, 1.5gb of ram, sold for 75k? Ewww, crap.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Reeberry: 11:14am On Jun 18, 2016
greenhulk:

That's what I been trying to say. That phone is an overpriced piece of junk. If that phone was made by any other company other than Samsung abs sold for that price , no one will buy it. There is nothing special in that phone. 720p display, 1.5gb of ram, sold for 75k? Ewww, crap.
Someone is here who knows how substandard J7 is to it high price.

I have handled that phone very well, I never liked it a bit. Samsung is good, but there are some phone models they produce which aren't it at all.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by majorclems: 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
yasolan:
J7 is just overpriced for its specs..I love phones ..but I just have to give to c9 ..considering money factor again
[center][/center]
A good product should be satisfactory and affordable.. I give it to C9 too

1 Like

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by majorclems: 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
Reeberry:
J7 is not a phone. The display is poor and lags alot.
Ya it takes time to charge.. My mum uses it.
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Naijji: 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
majorclems:
[center][/center]
A good product should be satisfactory and affordable.. I give it to C9 too

Has anyone here seen the C9, not to talk of actually using it?
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by olanreyman(m): 1:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
Naijji:

It's basically a function of the soc (system on chip). MediaTek chips are ... crap, at least compared to Snapdragon and Exynos chips.

Samsung phones generally use Snapdragon chips (paired with Adreno GPUs), or Exynos chips (paired with Mali GPUs or PowerVR GPUs).

MediaTek chips are usually paired with Mali GPUs. But then, the GPUs on the MediaTek chips usually run at much lower speeds. And then, since mtk chips are basically chips for budget phones, they are paired with budget GPUs.

Even a midrange Exynos/Snapdragon chip will very likely outperform a "high end" MediaTek chip.

Simples
mehn oga u sabi phone wella... Thanks for the reply
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by olanreyman(m): 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
greenhulk:

of course Samsung flagship phones will kick the sh*t of of any mediatek phones in gaming performance. Samsung use snapdragon or exynos for theor flagship phones, these are high end procesors.. but that is not the processor found in the J7.

And don't get it twisted bro, Samsung phones are not the best in terms of gaming, even some low en phones perform better. Watch the video below and see how Sony Xperia X kicks Samsung galaxy s7 as$ in gaming. S7 has 4gb of ram while Xperia x has 3gb. S7 runs snapdragon 820 while xperia x runs a lower snapdragon 615. Yet the Xperia performs better in gaming. Sometimes these samsung phones are overrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6A7HQPnLMM

According to that video, Sony x beats s7 in terms of gaming performance
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
olanreyman:

Yes that's what I'm saying. Samsung phones are not the best for gaming, in fact Samsung phones normally have one big flaw or the other. Galaxy s6 had serious memory leak that u cannot open 4 apps at the same time without them reloading. This wasn't fixed until marshmallow update.
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Naijji: 4:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
olanreyman:

You're not comparing like for like. S7 got a quad HD screen, the Sony got a Full HD screen. The S7 is pushing much more pixels. And more importantly, the games are not even being played at the same setting on both devices. Look at the rendering of the shadows on the S7. Now compare that with the rendering on the Sony. The S7 is obviously pulling much more details. Simples

With the Game Centre on the S7, you can change settings of games on your phone. You can force all games to render at 1080p, instead of 1440p.

And in case you're not aware, the S7 is the first phone (maybe only phone as at now sef) to come with the Vulkan Api. This means much better graphics for your games. This will become more prominent with Android N

4 Likes

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by kulex2k1(m): 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
AnnabelR0se:
What is on your site is camon C8. U look like person wey smoke weed
Most definitely, you are the one who just smoked weed....
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by highheybee: 7:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
Hmm...lemme tell you what I know about both

Processor...both phone uses same processor architecture coz both are cortex a53 jez different manufacturer and clock speed...c9@1.3 while j7@1.4 and almost the same benchmarks result as regards other mtk6753 like infinix note 2

Display... The c9 has a fullHD while J7 is HD which makes the camon better

And as for camera, there is no need to deliberate on that cox the c9 is surely better

Price...the camon c9 is less compared to j7

UI...the c9 is marshmallow while J7 is lollipop buh have better chances of getting update which makes the j7 win in this area

Durability...Samsung phones are durable and have more premium feel than tecno phones....

So it's up to you but as for me I will choose the c9 and keep the remaining change for myself..#user of boom j8

3 Likes

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by icankel: 8:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
So C9 is already out and i was even planing of buy C4 abi C5, maybe i hv to wait for C10 which i knw wil b out b4 tomoro
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Elsquidme(m): 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
okoheemmanuel:
I prefer snapdragon phones to mtk phones
Just like others prefer Intel to AMD
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by olanreyman(m): 10:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
kulex2k1:

Most definitely, you are the one who just smoked weed....
thought I was the only one that saw him smoking the weed
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by olanreyman(m): 10:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
highheybee:
Hmm...lemme tell you what I know about both

Processor...both phone uses same processor architecture coz both are cortex a53 jez different manufacturer and clock speed...c9@1.3 while j7@1.4 and almost the same benchmarks result as regards other mtk6753 like infinix note 2

Display... The c9 has a fullHD while J7 is HD which makes the camon better

And as for camera, there is no need to deliberate on that cox the c9 is surely better

Price...the camon c9 is less compared to j7

UI...the c9 is marshmallow while J7 is lollipop buh have better chances of getting update which makes the j7 win in this area

Durability...Samsung phones are durable and have more premium feel than tecno phones....

So it's up to you but as for me I will choose the c9 and keep the remaining change for myself..#user of boom j8

Techno phones are all the same, the only thing that changes is the number of ram and processor... Overall performance wise it's the same thing
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by olanreyman(m): 10:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
Naijji:

You're not comparing like for like. S7 got a quad HD screen, the Sony got a Full HD screen. The S7 is pushing much more pixels. And more importantly, the games are not even being played at the same setting on both devices. Look at the rendering of the shadows on the S7. Now compare that with the rendering on the Sony. The S7 is obviously pulling much more details. Simples

With the Game Centre on the S7, you can change settings of games on your phone. You can force all games to render at 1080p, instead of 1440p.

And in case you're not aware, the S7 is the first (phone maybe only phone as at now sef) to come with the Vulkan Api. This means much better graphics for your games. This will become more prominent with Android N
better still I will check out if I can get better Sony phone at j7's price.. If you know any you can also recommend.. Thanks
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Naijji: 11:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
olanreyman:
better still I will check out if I can get better Sony phone at j7's price.. If you know any you can also recommend.. Thanks

Doubt it oh. Sony and HTC phones are usually quite expensive in Naija, probably cos they lack a significant presence here.

You considering going for a used phone? You can get something quite good
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by majorclems: 11:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
FrozeBABE:

lol where can i get the Samsung C9 or is it a 2in1 device?
Lol.. That would be a nice combo
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by majorclems: 11:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
Imagine if two companies were to merge to manufacture phones, what will be the outcome?
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Lero15(m): 12:06am On Jun 19, 2016
Saw the spec of Samsung j7 and I saw 1.5gb. For 70k plus!!!! God forbid.

I'm using a 1gb Samsung phone atm and it hangs seriously.

Overrated crap.
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by olanreyman(m): 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
Naijji:

Doubt it oh. Sony and HTC phones are usually quite expensive in Naija, probably cos they lack a significant presence here.

You considering going for a used phone? You can get something quite good
am not going for j7 anymore, the price is too exorbitant for its specifications... But I really need a phone with snapdragon plus exynox processor
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by olanreyman(m): 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
Don't know if anyone here knows the current price of Samsung note 3
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by ibibiofirstlady(f): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
Hackerjay:

Sure..
But wait, baby you're to sexy and exotic for my liking.... Quote me no more
Is that what you want?
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
Lero15:
Saw the spec of Samsung j7 and I saw 1.5gb. For 70k plus!!!! God forbid.

I'm using a 1gb Samsung phone atm and it hangs seriously.

Overrated crap.

Thank God u sef know. 1.5gb coupled with touchwiz = disaster. Even Samsung phones with 2gb of ram still struggle. J7 is an overpriced piece of junk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by okoheemmanuel: 6:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
Still flexing my 2 yrs n 6months s4 lik say tomorrow nor dey, still saving 4 note 4 or note 4 edge... samsung all d way

1 Like

Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Lero15(m): 10:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
greenhulk:

Thank God u sef know. 1.5gb coupled with touchwiz = disaster. Even Samsung phones with 2gb of ram still struggle. J7 is an overpriced piece of junk.

Been checking spec of so many phones now... I'm confused on which one to buy sef
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by olanreyman(m): 10:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
okoheemmanuel:
Still flexing my 2 yrs n 6months s4 lik say tomorrow nor dey, still saving 4 note 4 or note 4 edge... samsung all d way
pls wats the current price for note 3?
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by Hackerjay(m): 1:13am On Jun 20, 2016
ibibiofirstlady:
Is that what you want?

Oh... I've the grace of telling you what I desire from you... Well that's it and remember to check your email to reply me...
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by bongolistik(m): 7:45am On Jun 20, 2016
olanreyman:
am not going for j7 anymore, the price is too exorbitant for its specifications... But I really need a phone with snapdragon plus exynox processor
It is either Snapdragon or Exynos and not Snapdragon plus Exynos. And if you need Exynos then you should know that you need only Samsung cos it's their self made chipset for only Samsung.
Re: Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 by olanreyman(m): 12:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
bongolistik:
It is either Snapdragon or Exynos and not Snapdragon plus Exynos. And if you need Exynos then you should know that you need only Samsung cos it's their self made chipset for only Samsung.
pls which Samsung phone is good... Budget 75k, am thinking of note 3 but I don't the price

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets / Which Internet Is Best For Lagos? / Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.