Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,702 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever (3431 Views)

So Because I Sleep Unclad Next To A Guy, Sex Must Happen? – Twitter User Asks / Don't Taste Other People's Partner If Yours Is Untouchable - Bamisepeters' Blog / She Goes Through My Phone When I Sleep, Now See What She Caused. Advice Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by bizzai(f): 10:19am On Jun 15, 2016

In most ways, ‘James’ and I are a typical married couple with two kids. He works full-time. We make a lot of sacrifices so I can be a stay-at-home mom. Our day-in, day-out focus revolves around our kids: their accomplishments, challenges, and overall adorableness. But there is one aspect of our marriage that is not so typical.

As goofy as this sounds, I'm going to start our story with a Katy Perry song.

Several years ago, "I Kissed a Girl" came out. It was the year ‘James’ and I got married. I mentioned to him that I liked the song, and that I had once made out with a girl in college. Yes, it might have involved a few drinks, and, I have to admit, we might have been looking to get a reaction from other people at the party. We were young and having fun. But the truth was, I did like it.

This, not surprisingly, sparked his interest. From that point on, our dirty talk turned from involving just us to including a third, anonymous "her." What would we do with another woman in our bedroom? What would she do with us? Over the next couple of years, this "she" became more and more a part of our fantasies. It was fun.

Then, ‘James’ switched jobs and started to come into regular contact with a woman named ‘Natalie’. He told me how attractive she was, and said that although ‘Natalie’ knew he was married, she seemed to be flirting with him at times. At this point, we were all but certain she would never officially become our "her," but we enjoyed playing with the idea. Just for fun, I encouraged him to return the flirting and see what happened.

What happened was she invited him over to her place.

We discussed this new and exciting development. How could we turn her just liking him to her having a party with us? We had fun plotting our little scheme. We got excited just talking about it! Were we evil? What was wrong with us? We cracked up over our ridiculousness. At the same time, the more we discussed it, the more far-fetched it seemed. What were the chances she liked other women? And even if she did, what were the chances she'd be into a party?

We finally decided that our chances were slim to none. If he went to her house, I figured, the two of them would mess around and that would be the end of the story.

Then suddenly, something occurred to me: I don't think I mind that story. In fact, the more I thought about it, I liked that story. And after some careful consideration, I realized that story is a huge turn-on.

At the same time, I felt so wrong for entertaining the idea. Was I a bad wife for wanting him to sleep with someone else? A bad person?

It took several days for me to work up the courage to tell ‘James’ what I was thinking. He seemed surprised, but then carefully admitted that he had fantasized about me with another man.

We considered what this could mean for us. For our marriage. For other sexual partners. After several days, some deep discussions, and plenty of "Are you sure?" we decided we should try it.

The night of ‘Natalie’'s invitation arrived. I gave him my blessing on anything that happened that night as long as a) she understood that he was happily married, b) she knew that I was OK with him being there, and c) they were safe. He agreed. We were doing this. I kissed him goodbye, smiled, and yelled out the door, "Have fun!"

When he got home, I could not wait to discuss what happened. He and ‘Natalie’ had slept together. He recounted each moment. I soaked up every last detail. I experienced a rush of all kinds of emotions: excitement for him, excitement for me, even excitement for ‘Natalie’. I felt a strange kind of jealousy that was not negative, but actually positive. It made me want ‘James’ even more.

But something more important happened: I felt closer to him. I trusted him even more than I ever had.

In the past several years, ‘James’ and I have each had a few experiences with other people. We do it responsibly and honestly. Personally, it has been exciting, liberating, and just plain fun. As far as my relationship with ‘James’, our marriage is stronger than ever. I am certain a lot of it has to do with the sexual freedom that we have granted each other, and how we've bonded through sharing those experiences.

I didn't always think that the idea of an open marriage was acceptable. Quite the opposite. While we were dating, the thought of ‘James’ being with someone else made me feel sick. I would get jealous if I thought he was flirting with another woman. It would make me feel terribly insecure, and I would get angry with him. I still remember those feelings. But it has been so liberating to let go of them.

Now, there is no thought or desire that we can't share with each other. We support and encourage one another in all things, not just up to a point that makes us feel jealous or insecure. It's great if other couples choose to remain completely monogamous, but now I can't imagine living any other way.

http://www.ogbongefriends.com/breakingNews/newsDetails/12336/10-ATTITUDE-GIRLS-DISPLAY-ON-SOCIAL-MEDIA-THAT-SCARES-THEIR-TRUE-HUSBANDS-AWAY
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 15, 2016
I love your marriage baby...wish mine wld b like dis. mutual understanding dat one can't eat only egusi soup all his life. For dis, mke I give una 3gbosa. GBOSA! GBOSA!! GBOSA KPEKUS!!!
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 15, 2016
My kind of Marriage. embarassed

#DreamMarriage. gringrin

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by braithwaite(m): 10:26am On Jun 15, 2016

Eyah,so whats the name of the so-called movie .need to see it

shocked

3 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 15, 2016
Estharfabian:

#DreamMarriage. gringrin
oooo baby since ur tinkin wat am tinkin,lets get married baby
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by obiorathesubtle: 10:27am On Jun 15, 2016
undecided the human above me ehn..

5 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 15, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
oooo baby since ur tinkin wat am tinkin,lets get married baby
....I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!

undecided
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 15, 2016
Estharfabian:
....I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!

undecided
lol...na so
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 15, 2016
end time marriage grin

I weep for the woman tho undecided
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:44am On Jun 15, 2016
Estharfabian:

#DreamMarriage. gringrin

You're wrong. That's not a marriage. grin

Because you took some unsincere "vow", wear a wedding band and change your name to "Mrs" doesn't mean you're in a marriage

You're just friends with benefits.

No form of nobility or value in such a union sad sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by Poseidon000: 10:45am On Jun 15, 2016
[size=13pt]
I'm a very private person. I like my things private. So, it's no no(for me) even I eventually get infected with lunacy. Infact, even say I no be private person and I subscribe to this kind
Of fuckery. I'll be dead meat in matter of months
, cos where I come from, infidelity is not an option.

Wether you be pastor,imam or dibia. If you commit, you're a gonna.
Lost two uncle like that.
[/size]
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by donbenedict(m): 10:45am On Jun 15, 2016
[size=20pt]The Devil is a Liar. Every spirit of Adultery Dat is tryn to make it look like normal, I bind it out of my future marriage by the power of Jesus, amen[/size]

16 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by Joygalore(f): 10:50am On Jun 15, 2016
Open marriage shocked

When I thought I had seen it all undecided
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 15, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

You're wrong. That's not a marriage. grin

Because you took some unsincere "vow", wear a wedding band and change your name to "Mrs" doesn't mean you're in a marriage

You're just friends with benefits.

No form of nobility or value in such a union sad sad
Lmfao....grin

either ways...it's Lovely. I'm almost envious.
cheating won't Have to be an issue. undecided
Like what could they possibly have to Hide?

just plain marital bliss...embarassed
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by AuroraB(f): 10:53am On Jun 15, 2016
Ndi uchu shocked Okwa unu achowola ndi unu ga infect with una weirdo angry shocked
No wonder Orlando shooter got peeps supporting hi lipsrsealed grin
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by iamdurent(m): 10:59am On Jun 15, 2016
nice one! grin
Am a promiscious asshole, monogamy aint for me lipsrsealed
Thank gosh for open relationships! yippe
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by Kaycee7(m): 2:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
Estharfabian:
Lmfao....grin

either ways...it's Lovely. I'm almost envious.
cheating won't Have to be an issue. undecided
Like what could they possibly have to Hide?

just plain marital bliss...embarassed

Cheating can't be an issue if you're not in a relationship and that thing in the post is not one. FWB more like
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by treasuredkids(f): 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
Whoa!! Where are u from?
Poseidon000:
[size=13pt]
I'm a very private person. I like my things private. So, it's no no(for me) even I eventually get infected with lunacy. Infact, even say I no be private person and I subscribe to this kind
Of fuckery. I'll be dead meat in matter of months
, cos where I come from, infidelity is not an option.

Wether you be pastor,imam or dibia. If you commit, you're a gonna.
Lost two uncle like that.
[/size]
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by rosieluv(f): 4:43pm On Jun 15, 2016
donbenedict:
[size=20pt]The Devil is a Liar. Every spirit of Adultery Dat is tryn to make it look like normal, I bind it out of my future marriage by the power of Jesus, amen[/size]
amen ooooo

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by Nutase: 7:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
Eeeeewwwwwwwww
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by Boring: 7:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
story story !!!
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by UyiIredia(m): 7:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
Hmmmmn. Swingers. Interesting. Not for me when I marry though.
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by OMAR12: 7:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
don't believe everything you read .it only an attempt for you to make it a reality.
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by saintdennis(m): 7:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
Cool storyline...

2 pple cant fvck emselves on 5 occasions without one of em catching feelings...

Law of nature: with time spent,emotions grow/decrease...never static.

So to the ignant peeps thinking bout trying this. Remember acid is the new mode of vengeance nowadays lol
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by photoshoot(m): 8:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
Werey ni awon eleyii sha cry

Then suddenly, something occurred to me: I don't think I mind that story. In fact, the more I thought about it, I liked that story. And after some careful consideration, I realized that story is a huge turn-on.

What type of this is this shocked undecided
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by Poseidon000: 8:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
treasuredkids:
Whoa!! Where are u from?
[size=13pt]
Me? Oh! I'm from Afghanistan
[/size]
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by kelvine(m): 6:53am On Jun 16, 2016
Even when we make mistakes we should not celebrate it so openly and make the world feel it is the norm.
Yes, married people may cheat as a demonstration of weakness but it is unimaginable to openly admidst it as normal and something to laugh out loud as a couple.
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by chulo132(m): 7:12am On Jun 16, 2016

Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by GoldenJAT(m): 7:16am On Jun 16, 2016
lailai..... Just me and she!! they will eventually regret their action... only that they won't tell us.
Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by chericleo(f): 7:16am On Jun 16, 2016
I no atyms men make mistakes and as such dai cheat and are forgiven no p. Buf wen a woman allows, giv room and support d husband to officially cheat anytime he wants and she does same, den she should b ready to pack her bags wen he becomes use to it and fall in lov wif anoda. because som side chicks will not only sleep wif him dai will also marry him. so wen u allow dat b ready to dance to d song wen it's released. And I wonda how u feel sleeping wif a man dat is not ur husband while ur still married. And ur proud of it sad dats a big no for me. MA opinion though undecided

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Sleep With Other People And Our Marriage Is Stronger Than Ever by Aquariann: 10:25am On Jun 16, 2016
While the story might be a fiction of the writer's imagination, open marriages are everywhere. And in more cases, the couples are actually happy together.

I think the problem with most of the commenters so far is the fact that most of them find it hard to believe people (including women) have sex without emotions. Reason why some are saying one partner might fall in love with their cheating partner. Why fall in love when you can always return back to you spouse after a good time together?

Ever wondered why affairs are only interesting when hidden? But once they become open and known to the public, a typical affair usually loses the sparks. He key word in such relationships is self control, respect for your partner (e.g not getting involved with their friends/relatives etc) and health safety.

But to be sincere, it's so difficult to be in such relationship when you actually do love/care about your partner.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

15 Pictures You’ll Understand If You’ve Ever Been A Nigerian Man’s Side Chick / Check This Hilarious Chat Between Two Friends Out / Why Are Guys Scared Of Dating Cele Girls ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.