Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,588 members, 7,865,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:03 PM

How Important Is His Past? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Important Is His Past? (696 Views)

How Important Is Money In A Relationship? / How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship / My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Important Is His Past? by NightDoc: 1:38am On Aug 30, 2009
So I have been dating this guy for about 2months,
Things are wonderful between us, we really 'click',
I truly love him, and I can feel/see he loves me too

Problem: His past.
He has done some pretty bad things
Things that if i had known about in the beginning I wld
not have taken us this far. Some of the things are not
completely dealt with, he is still clearing off his record.
He wants me to stand by him while he does.

Questions: I appreciate his honesty. Does that absolve his crimes?
Should I judge him based on that?
If I was advising someone else, I'd say let go,
But this guy is all I have ever wanted, except for his luggage, which he does seem to be dealing with,

Am I being stupid if I still risk my heart on this guy?
Or am I being stupid if I let my soulmate go because I was judgmentaland self righteous??

Please Advise
Re: How Important Is His Past? by kellorah: 2:18am On Aug 30, 2009
It would help to know the kind of life he had lived. Did he commit crime? How serious?

Sounds to me like he's a changed man. You should probably stick with him. . . . unless his past is something u can't look past. undecided
Re: How Important Is His Past? by C2H5OH(f): 2:26am On Aug 30, 2009
Don't go fishing in the dark sea if you are not prepared to unravel its darkest secrets o, it might give you heart-attack.

Thumbs up @ kellorah. The past does usually define who someone is.

By the way, you won't know me, but long time he don tey wey you bring leg come naira.
Re: How Important Is His Past? by kellorah: 2:29am On Aug 30, 2009
Thanks. Your ID looked very familiar when I saw some of your posts a few days ago. smiley It's mostly "newbies" on here now, didn't think oldies would be remembered. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Important Is His Past? by C2H5OH(f): 2:40am On Aug 30, 2009
Did you just call yourself an old fart. Quit being modest. Imagine pretty yellow paw-paw beyonce look-alike like yourself saying you be old fart?
Wetin we go call the other girls then undecided

@poster, I think it really depends. Are his crimes forgivable and can you quickly move past them?
This happens to be one of the reasons why I would prefer to know about the woman's past before we actually start dating; it can get very sketchy.
Re: How Important Is His Past? by kellorah: 2:57am On Aug 30, 2009
You DO remember me. grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is why people should be friends, get to know eachother a bit before dating. All that "we'll know eachother when we start dating" ish doesn't always help.

Would be interesting to know how long you've actually known him for (before u two got together).

You might wanna put urself in his shoes to see if he would still stay with u, considering ur past.
Re: How Important Is His Past? by stilletos: 3:31am On Aug 30, 2009
Whatever you do is your business.Have you ever heard somebody say"karma is a bitch?" It don't matter whether it was his past or previous life it will still come back to hunt him at some point.If i were you, I'll tell the dude that I love him but I love me more. I can't fit shout. 4 this post modern era love get 3 eyes oh.Shine them well well.
Re: How Important Is His Past? by C2H5OH(f): 3:35am On Aug 30, 2009
Na only 3 eyes? I been think say love get at least 10,000 eyes.

If you no play am sharp, o boy go bring hin wahala come your side.
kellorah:

You DO remember me. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes I do. I'm not good with names but I'm good with faces
Re: How Important Is His Past? by stilletos: 3:53am On Aug 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

Na only 3 eyes? I been think say love get at least 10,000 eyes.

grin grin grin
Re: How Important Is His Past? by iice(f): 11:28am On Aug 30, 2009
Depends on the gravity and how much you are willing to take undecided

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify A Man That Will Marry You / Im So Confused: Wat Do I Do / What Would You Do If You Were In His Shoes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.