Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? (17987 Views)

Buhari's Certificate: Court Strikes Out Suite / Buhari Certificate Palaver: Court Rules On Thursday / Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by opius: 8:53am On Jun 16, 2016
youngest85:
nobody dares buhari as a president, nt even america

For ur mind

4 Likes

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by MadCow1: 8:54am On Jun 16, 2016
MadamExcellency:

The case is not different from Saraki's case.

Non declaration, false declaration or whatever resemblance has been ruled by the court as a criminal case hence Buhari is facing a criminal charge of false declaration of academic qualifications.

The first Buhari lost his position as Speaker of HOR because of this same crime and we are anticipating that Gen Buhari will not only lose his position as President but also his Military pension and time of service.

What a tragedy.

Please remind me how the immunity clause works again?

2 Likes

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by softvio(m): 8:56am On Jun 16, 2016
Just watching
Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by agabahewoma(m): 8:56am On Jun 16, 2016
R we having supremacy of the law in Nigeria? No,so both of dem wil go free
Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by opius: 8:56am On Jun 16, 2016
Montaque:
The present case on this issue is noot a criminal trial, just a civil trial fr declaration on whether or not he is qualified as per certificate. ACJA deals only wit criminal actions

Re u saying forgery / false declaration is not criminal ? U can try it
Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by kcnwaigbo: 8:56am On Jun 16, 2016
MadCow1:

Please remind me how the immunity clause works again?

The implication of this case is that Buhari was never president and thus has no immunity

13 Likes

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by DjAduba(m): 8:57am On Jun 16, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Yes of course,but Saraki has a better chance of surviving than Buhari
You sound like a Mugu
Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by Jokerman(m): 8:59am On Jun 16, 2016
youngest85:

Is Buhari greater than Gadarffi??

2 Likes

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by kcnwaigbo: 9:00am On Jun 16, 2016
DjAduba:
You sound like a Mugu
Between the two of us,the real mugu is very obvious

1 Like

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by Jokerman(m): 9:01am On Jun 16, 2016
youngest85:

Is Buhari greater than Gadarffi or Sadam Hussein?

2 Likes

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 16, 2016
Observing....

.. But wait, where are the erudite lawyers sef¿? ¿ ¿?
Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 16, 2016
J

1 Like

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by Sunmolar(m): 9:06am On Jun 16, 2016
I prefer someone without certificate who understand the issue of governance than someone who has certificate who doesn't know or care about good governance.
mind you it's all about been effective

3 Likes

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by LydayBobo(m): 9:06am On Jun 16, 2016
I will rather suggest we focus our energy on monitoring how recovered loots are judiciously applied to the benefits of all than chasing the authentication of certificate of someone that busy fighting for redemption of dear nation held by the jugular by those who claimed to have all the books. We will revisit his certificate issue when we all can afford 3sq meal. Please guys. We are the hope of the next generation.
Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by remigiusizunna(m): 9:09am On Jun 16, 2016
No be for naija we dey? Nothing de happen
Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by seunlayi(m): 9:13am On Jun 16, 2016
LydayBobo:
I will rather suggest we focus our energy on monitoring how recovered loots are judiciously applied to the benefits of all than chasing the authentication of certificate of someone that busy fighting for redemption of dear nation held by the jugular by those who claimed to have all the books. We will revisit his certificate issue when we all can afford 3sq meal. Please guys. We are the hope of the next generation.
wetin dis one they talk?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by emmykk(m): 9:17am On Jun 16, 2016
youngest85:

Oga na naija b dis o!

Let me even ask u...is saraki still d senate president?

saraki case and this case is different
Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by perryy(m): 9:18am On Jun 16, 2016
Montaque:
The present case on this issue is noot a criminal trial, just a civil trial fr declaration on whether or not he is qualified as per certificate. ACJA deals only wit criminal actions

Are forgery and perjury not criminal? Don't forgethink, he sworn to an oath that the certificate he submitted was authentic.

1 Like

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by perryy(m): 9:19am On Jun 16, 2016
Sunmolar:
I prefer someone without certificate who understand the issue of governance than someone who has certificate who doesn't know or care about good governance.
mind you it's all about been effective

But it is not what u prefer that matters but what the constitution says.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by hornetRider: 9:21am On Jun 16, 2016
adehsenior:
OP you should have quoted the ACJ acts 2015 so that laymen like us will know what it says.

See details of the act here:

http://thenationonlineng.net/innovative-provisions-of-administration-of-criminal-justice-act-2015/

1 Like

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by KingMira(m): 9:22am On Jun 16, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Non declaration, false declaration or whatever resemblance has been ruled by the court as a criminal case hence Buhari is facing a criminal charge of false declaration of academic qualifications.

The first Buhari lost his position as Speaker of HOR because of this same crime and we are anticipating that Gen Buhari will not only lose his position as President but also his Military pension and time of service.

What a tragedy.

Q.E.D

1 Like

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by perryy(m): 9:24am On Jun 16, 2016
MadamExcellency:

What a tragedy.

Buhari and forgery are like 5&6. This is another Toronto
Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by OMUEYAKI2(m): 9:26am On Jun 16, 2016
Montaque:
I dare mr integrity to provide his certificate.like I always tell my friends,not being a thief is just one of the many branches of integrity..buhari might not be a thief but he certainly plays the game of liars and fraudsters and that makes him one of them....

2 Likes

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by gloire27: 9:27am On Jun 16, 2016
youngest85:

But avengers dared him

1 Like

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by histemple: 9:32am On Jun 16, 2016
Montaque:

Is the present case for perjury and forgery? I am aware is for declaration. Well, prove me wrong

I am still trying to figure out the basis of your argument. Even if you want to argue that the present case is for declaration ONLY, will declaring him unqualified to contest for the presidency on the ground of perjury and forgery not make him a criminal?

I agree that this present case is civil but you need to understand the technicalities in most civil proceedings.

Remember that Buhari can't be declared unqualified if he didn't lie on oath or forged certificate.
Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by southpole: 9:33am On Jun 16, 2016
For those who want to see this case go on, I am sorry to say that you will be disappointed, prosecuting BUHARI will be tantamount to going against the constitution which states that the president and governors cannot be prosecuted while in office. This case can only come up after BUHARI has finished his first term or second term if he contest and win again. The quest for certificate rather than know how is one of the problems pulling this country back, though a man know how to do it well but because there is no paper qualification to back it he should not be given the job, what an irony? How many of us take our cars to an automobile professor in the university for repairs? I saw many rushing to roadside mechanics because they can fix our cars yet we call them illiterate while a university graduate of automobile engineering is called educated even when he cannot fix his own car.
Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by Gaskia: 9:34am On Jun 16, 2016
Montaque:

Remember that he deposed to an affidavit that his certificate is with the Army, now he is the C in C of the Army and cannot command the certificate to march out. If his declaration under oath was false, then its purely criminal.

1 Like

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by kcnwaigbo: 9:35am On Jun 16, 2016
LydayBobo:

Can you imagine the hypocrisy!! You would rather suggest we rest the certificate issue because your master is involved!! Both looting and forgery are all coruption.This was exactly what GEJ meant by stealing is not corruption!! Perjury anf forgery are all part of corruption and serious crimes that can't be swept under the carpet.

2 Likes

Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by histemple: 9:36am On Jun 16, 2016
OMUEYAKI2:

I dare mr integrity to provide his certificate.like I always tell my friends,not being a thief is just one of the many branches of integrity..buhari might not be a thief but he certainly plays the game of liars and fraudsters and that makes him one of them....

If you carefully look at the definition of who a THIEF is, you will find out that almost everybody is a thief. I don't think I know anybody who has never stolen (taking something without the owner's express consent)
Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by tynomex(m): 9:37am On Jun 16, 2016
[quote author=MadamExcellency

What a tragedy.

THESE CAN NEVER HAPPEN IN NAIJA.
KEEP DREAMING.
Re: Will The ACJ Act 2015 Affect Buhari's Certificate Trial? by kcnwaigbo: 9:37am On Jun 16, 2016
southpole:
For those who want to see this case go on, I am sorry to say that you will be disappointed, prosecuting BUHARI will be tantamount to going against the constitution which states that the president and governors cannot be prosecuted while in office. This case can only come up after BUHARI has finished his first term or second term if he contest and win again. The quest for certificate rather than know how is one of the problems pulling this country back, though a man know how to do it well but because there is no paper qualification to back it he should not be given the job, what an irony? How many of us take our cars to an automobile professor in the university for repairs? I saw many rushing to roadside mechanics because they can fix our cars yet we call them illiterate while a university graduate of automobile engineering is called educated even when he cannot fix his own car.

This is a pre-election matter,his immunity does not apply here.If he were not validly elected as president he would have no immunity!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senators Drop Impeachment, Consider Reprimand Of Buhari Over $496m Aircraft / Bill To Eradicate Age-induced Discrimination In Employment Passes Second Reading / Nicholas Tofowomo: We Should Have Removed Buhari Two Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.