Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing (3300 Views)

Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood / Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Refuses To Refund Overpaid Tithe, Sheeple Complains" / Lady About To Wed Drowned By Flood At Adoration Ministry Uke, Anambra (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by IGWISE(m): 7:07am On Jun 16, 2016
Apostle Michael Canty of The Truth Ministries Holiness Church recently angered an entire wedding party and might have damaged his new ministry's reputation after he refused to allow a bride wed her husband on her wedding day because he felt her dress was too sexy.

Lisa Washington said 'she's never been more embarrassed then Saturday' when a local pastor refused to officiate and allow the bride to wed her husband on her wedding day in his facility.Both families were present and the food was waiting to be served at the bride's aunt house. Family members flew and drove long distances to be present for the couples special day.

Upset and frustrated, guest at the wedding practically 'begged' the leaders of the church to reconsider but to no avail, not a budge."I can't believe this! I flew here to attend my cousin's wedding and now I have to put up with this crap.Now this so-called pastor doesn't want to come out of his office" said the cousin of the bride.

The wedding scheduled Saturday, August 10th, was scheduled for 3pm. At 2pm, the pastor greeted the bride and groom when he noticed the bride's dress.According to the bride's mother, the pastor jokingly asked 'where is the other half of the dress?' Not thinking anything of it, the family laughed it off and continued applying make-up to the bride.

Around 2:30pm the pastor asked a leader of the church to ask the bride and the family about the other part of her dress. The bride informed the leader 'this is it'.The leader reported the news to the pastor and then the pastor informed face-to-face the bride and groom at separate times he could not perform the wedding with the bride in her selected dress.

The pastor told the bride she would have to cover up her bosom area and find a way to add length to the dress. The bride informed the pastor there is no way to accomplish this with so short notice and she has to wear her dress.The pastor let her know, he would not perform the ceremony then walked back to his office.The wedding party tried many times to change the pastor's decision but their efforts was ineffective.

Around 4:15pm guest at the wedding were growing impatience and were looking for answers for the delay. When they were told the reason for the delay around 4:35pm their impatience change to anger and disbelief.After hearing how the bride was crying her eyes out in back, a minister who was a guest at the wedding offered to perform the ceremony.

When the minister asked the pastor for permission to perform the ceremony, the pastor told him 'no' and expressed to him how his request was disrespectful.AmericaPreachers.com asked the bride and groom for pictures of the dress but instead was sent an email with a link of the exact dress worn by a professional model from the companies website.

The bride did mention, 'there were small alterations made to the dress to fit more desirably to my [bride] vision.'"I'm a unique person, I chose this dress because it's different than the traditional wedding gown you see at every wedding" the bride said. Two days later the couple is not married and is currently looking into options to recoup money their family lost with travel, food, and other expenses.

The Truth Ministries Holiness Church was established 14 months ago and currently rent a converted shoe store for worship services. Calls to Apostle Canty and Truth Ministries were not returned. Neither the bride or groom were members of the church.

Source: http://naijapicks.com/posts/1858/pastor-refuses-to-wed-couple-because-of-this-dressing

Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by lifezone247(m): 7:10am On Jun 16, 2016
Oh boy this is not funny at all, but why? But the booby try small sha kiss

1 Like

Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by powerfulsettingz: 7:17am On Jun 16, 2016
Are these new couple or old couple?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by seyema(m): 7:22am On Jun 16, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by pointstores(m): 7:25am On Jun 16, 2016
is a good stand by the man of God

1 Like

Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by omenka(m): 7:27am On Jun 16, 2016
Just negudu. sad
Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by M4gunners: 7:30am On Jun 16, 2016
I stand with the Pastor . Satan now attend Church. How can you ask a Man God to wed you, when you are showing the whole congregation your boobs.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by Jessidaisy4(f): 7:30am On Jun 16, 2016
angry Just look at...Fallen chest
Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by ogorwyne(f): 7:51am On Jun 16, 2016
Them nor get conscience?
Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by cocaineaddict(m): 7:53am On Jun 16, 2016
Jessidaisy4:
babe that boob stand pass ur own o

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by Randy100: 8:11am On Jun 16, 2016
I like the pastor,
Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by tommysparks: 8:15am On Jun 16, 2016
If that is the dress on the picture, then am with the pastor, she should have ordered for a veil or hijab to cover her fallen heroes in front of her.
Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by photoshoot(m): 8:31am On Jun 16, 2016
Jessidaisy4:

Is it your chest? undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by sammoe(m): 8:36am On Jun 16, 2016
Bia Mr OP, are you telling me the attached pictures are the exact illustrations required?

"When the minister asked the pastor for permission to perform the ceremony, the pastor told him 'no' and expressed to him how his request was disrespectful.AmericaPreachers.com asked the bride and groom for pictures of the dress but instead was sent an email with a link of the exact dress worn by a professional model from the companies website."
Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by Fedayeen02: 8:53am On Jun 16, 2016
Jessidaisy4:
yours has also suffered same fate. undecided
Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by sleekbae: 9:19am On Jun 16, 2016
Where is the other half of the dress??

buhahhahahaha grin grin grin

I stand with the pastor. The church is not the garden of Eden. Cover your unclothedness.
Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by lalasticlala(m): 10:31am On Jun 16, 2016
Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by ngoben(f): 10:41am On Jun 16, 2016
I stand with the pastor ...serves d couple well
Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by rusher14: 11:53am On Jun 16, 2016
Jessidaisy4:

Please who has that w"wetin concern you?" caption?
Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by frubben(m): 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
pointstores:
is a good stand by the man of God

God did not send him to come and be judging people's dressing, he should have preached the undiluted word of God and let the Word do the work.

Because the word is strong at changing any hardened heart.
Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by kingsfield(m): 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
frubben:

God did not send him to come and be judging people's dressing, he should have preached the undiluted word of God and let the Word do the work.

Because the word is strong at changing any hardened heart.
WWJD
Remember wat he did in John 2 vs 16
Re: Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because Of This Dressing by florencepoko2: 3:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
The pastor is right, if you are unable to dress decently doomed the day of your wedding, do not go to church for the celebration, go only for mayor. If the picture of the bride is really this picture attached, it's a scandal, all boobs are out. shocked

(1) (Reply)

The Biggest Deception Of All Time??? All Christians Should Be Awake / 99 Ways To Annoy An Atheist / Did Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Realy Commit Adultery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.