Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,738 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion (23601 Views)

Lawyer Files Suit At ECOWAS, High Courts To Compel Arrest Of Arewa Youth Leaders / EFCC Files Fresh Charges Against Fani-kayode / Saraki Files Fresh Motion To Disqualify CCT Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by eDoctorr(m): 3:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
alcmene:
This is ridiculous. 13 SAN to defend whether certificate exist or not.

I think the simplest thing to end this world class embarrassment is to present the certificate if probably the internet one is genuine.

Otherwise this is the highest grade of corruption.

alcmene:

I think the simplest thing to end this world class embarrassment is to present the certificate if probably the internet one is genuine.

alcmene:

WORLD CLASS EMBARRASSMENT. Nice one bro.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Doyin2(m): 3:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
The issue at stake is MUHAMMADU V MUHAMMAD as per what was written in his certificate.

Those still hinging on this certificate issue must be foolish indeed
Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by dokie: 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
obailala:
Lol.. these jonathanians are still digging grin

They were busy chasing buhari's certificate in 2015 instead of campaigning, they lost. Now in 2016 dem still dey chase certificate and I'm sure by 2023 they would still be chasing this same certificate grin grin

if this is all you can say, you should be immensely ashamed of yourself. You (and anyone else who shares such opinion)are a monumental disgrace to any age grade you belong to. So for you its all about Jonathan? It doesn't strike you that a country where such is just allowed to be swept under the carpet can never move forward or make any reasonable progress? Anu Mpama.

It should get to a point where you put your political affiliations aside and address an issue objectively.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by yudee233: 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Gaskia:
If Saraki's case can be heard on daily basis, why should Buhari's certificate case not come up on daily basis for speedy dispensation of justice?
What a country and a party? A serving President and Senate president facing criminal trials, both potential prisoners, yet one claims to be fighting corruption, both hire multiple SANs with public fund to defend themselves. Who says we are not fantastically corrupt?
When you fight corruption both corruption and justice fights back. Please can we allow him finish this tenor especially now it seems we are having directions
Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Paperwhite(m): 3:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
I wish to personally challenge PMB to kindly rest this issue once & for all by simply tendering his certificate without resorting to legal struggle.For God's sake you claim to be an anti-corruption crusader but alas sitting on an obvious gross illegality.So do the needful or be ready to be tried for forgery & perjury.Nobody including the president is above the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by emmykk(m): 3:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
Ephemmm:
[s][/s]

Can you show me the section where it was mention that SSCE Certificate is the only qualification for Presidency?

you sef

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by eDoctorr(m): 3:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
Ephemmm:
[s][/s]

Can you show me the section where it was mention that SSCE Certificate is the only qualification for Presidency?

LolZ. See this fool making foolish inquiry. So it's Primary school leaving certificate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
darlingtonIIV:
i don't have the strength to argue with illiterates like you. Go and read your constitution then come and tell me if the northerners is bigger than Nigeria to fight Law.
Bigot.

North wields the political power in naija forget that story. You think na joke to Rule for 38yrs + buhari's tenure while other regions sit down look? Which yeye constitution u dey talk about? I hope no be the 1999 constitution drafted by the northerners through the then head of state Abdulsalam Abubakar? grin Same constitution that recognizes sharia law and encourages child marriage in a secular nation like Nigeria? grin North got other regions by the balls. No court can kick out buhari unless he his tired of Aso rock
Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by erico2k2(m): 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by amtaken(f): 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
I like your picture below.
Keneking:
Amazing decision, at least the courts can focus on other urgent matters such as :

- Saraki
- Ekweremadu
- Dasukigate
- Diezanigate
- Jonathangate
- Boho Haram Suspects
- Avengers Suspects
- Wike's Staff charged with Terrorism
- among others

Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by dprince042(m): 4:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
[size=18pt]Certificate saga!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by meltiplexer: 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
GWMI:
If President Buhari really have the certificate why not present it?Presenting it in the court is the best prove to remove every doubt.Buhari Please present your certificate and stop this defence.Thanks.

That mean he did not have certificate,419 dey pursuit thief.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by keally: 4:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
Originality007:
we no
. 1st class Zombie

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by EROMS38(m): 4:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
dis has been dere plan to keep adjourning d case. all we knw is dat he has no certificate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by osita76(m): 4:27pm On Jun 16, 2016

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by bejeria101(m): 4:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
All this noise because the last cowbender of daura doesnt have one,IMPEACH THE NAMA biko

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by flamingREED(m): 4:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
ajebuter:
I wont blame Buhari in this instance but our corrupt judiciary

When the judiciary turns blind eye to executive impunity

Then the masses can only petition God and wait for the next election

Thanks.

That the atheists may know

that:

JEHOVAH SHAMMAH

Is the last hope
Of the common man.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by coolscott(m): 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2016
sholadunju:
Shameful judicial system we have in Nigeria. If it were one ordinary Nigerian it won't be adjourn indefinately. undecided undecided
[size=13pt]Buhari said the judiciary was the serious headache in fighting corruption.
Now he has to activate all the stalling tactics employed by the same judiciary to prevent his case from being heard
[/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by obailala(m): 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
dokie:

if this is all you can say, you should be immensely ashamed of yourself. You (and anyone else who shares such opinion)are a monumental disgrace to any age grade you belong to. So for you its all about Jonathan? It doesn't strike you that a country where such is just allowed to be swept under the carpet can never move forward or make any reasonable progress? Anu Mpama.

It should get to a point where you put your political affiliations aside and address an issue objectively.
Enough of all these emotional lamentations... buhari has a waec certificate which he obtained over 50 years ago but unfortunately it cant be found today. After attending several military higher colleges and courses both at home and internationally, and also rising from being a recruit to a general in the army, I'm sorry to say, but assuming he never had a certificate (even though he achieved all that) and hoping to use this as a criteria to unseat him as president over 50 years later is a laughable attempt at distracting the government.

By the way when the opposition was busy chasing certificate before the election, the principal of his alma matter dug up a result which till today the losers claim is fake. Why dont you take your investigations to the principal or to waec to confirm its authenticity?... government is serious business and shouldnt be distracted by jokers please.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by toshmann(m): 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
When una go elect man wey get only "nepa bill as his birth certificate" una no know say na sonebho be?

Great Nation
Yeye people
Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Mylove55(f): 4:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
somehowpenis:
Buhari remains the biggest _fool Nigeria ever had as its president
ur father is d highest fool to have be a poor man
Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Ojiofor: 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
The illiterate tyranic vindictive bigot that Nigerians in their wisdom rejected thrice before the sophisticated region sold out.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by egobetatoday: 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
so it is easier to get 15 SANs than bringing out the A4 sized paper? hmnnn. ok...come collect my own show now Mr presidiot.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by seunlayi(m): 5:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
coolscott:

[size=13pt]Buhari said the judiciary was the serious headache in fighting corruption.
Now he has to activate all the stalling tactics employed by the same judiciary to prevent his case from being heard
[/size]
the man must be very depressed now with this saga, no wonder he postponed his coming back

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by seunlayi(m): 5:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
Mylove55:
ur father is d highest fool to have be a poor man
take it easy with the guy, this is not an issue of bn poor or rich, he is simply asking that the president should show us his certificate.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by amakenny: 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
The evil that men do lives with them. This Buhari Certificate will keep on haunting him. I promised to deactivate my account the very moment shows Nigerians his certificate but it seems my account will forever remain active since he has no certificate grin
People are crying that the country is hard. Why won't it be hard when a certificateless senile dullard from Daura is the president grin

Cowardly ex President Jonathan is to be blamed for not using SANS to boot out Buhari from the presidential election contest.

Now, Buhari's lack of basic secondary school education is negatively affecting all aspects of governance in Nigeria.

This suite should be able to make Nigerians get rid of a most ill-educated president ever to rule Nigeria, a country awash with thousands of well-educated professionals.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Omonigeriarere: 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
darlingtonIIV:
Tell me sir, what is the qualification(s) for presidency.

Don't think GEJ was so stupid not to contest it before he quits: you can click on the link below so far nobody has a monopoly of knowledge. If you have a contrary legal precedence, you can let me know.

https://www.nairaland.com/2137597/legal-position-buharis-educational-qualifications
Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Roadmike(m): 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
Ohhhhhh may be that is what that Bubu is waiting to get a certified copy from London. Interesting indeed

Truly which is easier, cheaper, most economical etc

Just go in to his closet and present his certificate if indeed he has

vs

Hiring dozens of not just lawyers, but SAN at huge cost of some 20, 50 or several Millions of Naira each or an oil well licence etc

Summary:
This guy needs be quietly moved out like a bull in a china ware store…God help us
Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Mylove55(f): 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2016
seunlayi:
take it easy with the guy, this is not an issue of bn poor or rich, he is simply asking that the president should show us his certificate.
does show me ur certificate warrant calling his father d biggest fool? all dis wil never happen in civilise society, let d court demand for d certificate, but not for dis flat head ipod be calling their fathers d biggest fools
Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by seunlayi(m): 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
Mylove55:
does show me ur certificate warrant calling his father d biggest fool? all dis wil never happen in civilise society, let d court demand for d certificate, but not for dis flat head ipod be calling their fathers d biggest fools
you are not supposed to quote me, I also posted my comment under his useless and abusive post

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Omonigeriarere: 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
Paperwhite:
I wish to personally challenge PMB to kindly rest this issue once & for all by simply tendering his certificate without resort to legal struggle.For God's sake you claim to be an anti-corruption crusader but alas sitting on an obvious gross illegality.So do the needful or be ready to be tried for forgery & perjury.Nobody including the president is above the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

It is not a rocket science, PMB will win unless he didn't match one of the following requirements:

“Under section 318 of the 1999 Constitution, the word “school certificate” or its equivalent means:

(a) Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent or Grade II Teachers Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or

(b) Education up to Secondary school level; or

(c) Primary Six Leaving Certificate or its equivalent plus

(i) Service in the public or private sector at the federal level in any capacity acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for a minimum of 10 years and

(ii) Attendance at course and training in such institutions as may be acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for periods totaling up to a minimum of one year; and

(iii) The ability to read, write and understand and communicate in the English language to the satisfaction of the commission.

In effect, a person seeking to become a candidate for an election to the House of Assembly of any State in the Federal Republic of Nigeria must possess at least one of the qualifications set out in (a) or (b) or (c) above. See Bayo v. Njidda (2004) 8 NWLR (Pt. 876) 544 at 618 – 620.

According to Per Odili, JCA (Pp. 81 – 82) lines 45 – 35, ‘School certificate or its equivalent’ means -

(a) A secondary school certificate or its equivalent, or Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or (G) education up to Secondary School Certificate level; or (c) Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent.”

Apart from his experience in being a past President and Minister, do you want to tell me the a whole person who was promoted to the rank of General in public service after attended many international on the job courses didn't meet one of those requirements?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Omonigeriarere: 5:21pm On Jun 16, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Judicial Panel Oath Of Secrecy #EndSARS / APGA Campaign Flag-Off: 20,000 APC Members Join APGA, Burn Brooms (Pictures) / NAF MI-35M Helicopter Gunship Records First Hit In Boko Haram Battle(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.