Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,036 members, 7,814,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Delta Igbos - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbos (39510 Views)

I Noticed Delta Igbos Have That Wafi Attitude / Delta Igbos In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbos by Leopard2A7: 7:42pm On Jun 19, 2016
chukzyblingz:
How they see you doesn't define who you are. Kaduna Nzeogwu led a coup and an Igbo man benefited from the coup and the Igbos made a big deal out of the coup by making mockery of Hausas even in the North, that could be one of reasons they came for the Igbos.

Like I said earlier just don't worry.

If another war breaks out then you will understand how you are grouped in Nigeria.

Emefiele an Ika man is CBN governor yet Buhari was on national TV and said an Igbo man is CBN governor and shouting 'What do the Igbos want?'

Tomorrow an Emefiele who is seen by Buhari and his people as an Igbo CBN governor will come out shouting 'We Ika' Odiegwu o.

4 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by chukzyblingz(m): 7:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
Leopard2A7:

Like I said earlier just don't worry.

If another war breaks out then you will understand how you are grouped in Nigeria.

Emefiele an Ika man is CBN governor yet Buhari was on national TV and said an Igbo man is CBN governor and shouting 'What do the Igbos want?'

Tomorrow an Emefiele who is seen by Buhari and his people as an Igbo CBN governor will come out shouting 'We Ika' Odiegwu o.
You're not making any sense. Does Buhari calling him an Igbo man make him an Igbo man? Nobody else has the right to tell you who you are. you tell people who you are.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by sonya4all(m): 8:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
my thoughts exactly so you are trying to assert that Emefiele is serving as an Igbo as well as kachikwu,and it goes down well with you,so why crying about being marginalised and agitating for Biafra....go and research what the position of Ikas was during the war...maybe that will awaken your idea
@ Nwaebon chuky dodo eduzile ndi Igbon ni talo okuh..
Re: Delta Igbos by Leopard2A7: 8:50pm On Jun 19, 2016
chukzyblingz:
You're not making any sense. Does Buhari calling him an Igbo man make him an Igbo man? Nobody else has the right to tell you who you are. you tell people who you are.

This your mindset and that of Ishilove is the biggest challenge we have in the east.

3 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Ishilove: 9:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
Leopard2A7:

This your mindset and that of Ishilove is the biggest challenge we have in the east.
Ahn ahn, Mr Leopard, am I safe? I've received close to 20 mentions from your username undecided
Re: Delta Igbos by Leopard2A7: 9:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ishilove:

Ahn ahn, Mr Leopard, am I safe? I've received close to 20 mentions from your username undecided

Mr dear, you are more than safe. What you are doing here is really painful although you have a right to your own opinion and post whatever you wish.

No one is asking you to give up your identity, culture or way of life but I shudder at the energy with which you argue that you're not Igbo. What is the problem if you are called an Igbo girl?

4 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Ishilove: 9:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
Leopard2A7:

Mr dear, you are more than safe. What you are doing here is really painful although you have a right to your own opinion and post whatever you wish.

No one is asking you to give up your identity, culture or way of life but I shudder at the energy with which you argue that you're not Igbo. What is the problem if you are called an Igbo girl?
Well, if Nigeria should scatter today they will lump all of us together under the igbo ethnic group, so no, I don't have a problem with being called igbo. I just don't identify with igbo people. I hope you get the difference?

Yesterday I had energy to type epistles but today, that energy has gone into reserve for weekday hustles. I have never been one to engage in prolonged arguments so let's just let it rest. I may be 'Igbo' based on ethnic groupings, but I don't identify with them. Never have and I don't know if I ever will.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ishilove:

Well, if Nigeria should scatter today they will lump all of us together under the igbo ethnic group, so no, I don't have a problem with being called igbo. I just don't identify with igbo people. I hope you get the difference?

Yesterday I had energy to type epistles but today, that energy has gone into reserve for weekday hustles. I have never been one to engage prolonged arguments so let's just let it rest. I may be 'Igbo' based on ethnic groupings, but I don't identify with them. Never have and I don't know if I ever will.

^^
[size=18pt]Our wife has repented[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Ishilove: 9:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
quid:

^^
Our wife has repented[/size]
You are not serious o

Re: Delta Igbos by Leopard2A7: 9:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ishilove:

Yesterday I had energy to type epistles but today, that energy has gone into reserve for weekday hustles. I have never been one to engage in prolonged arguments so let's just let it rest. I may be 'Igbo' based on ethnic groupings, but I don't identify with them. Never have and I don't know if I ever will.

Thank you for taking your time to respond to me.

Please I just want to ask why you don't identify with us. Do you have any particular reasons or you just don't like us or what? I want to know so that if there is anything we are doing wrong we can work on changing that. Please share.
Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ishilove:

You are not serious o
But I am very serious (A di m very very serious here)

When can we meet your father for serious discussions. . . grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Ishilove: 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
quid:

But I am very serious (A di m very very serious here)

When can we meet your father for serious discussions. . . grin grin grin
*sigh*

Biko sarum ye
Re: Delta Igbos by Ishilove: 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
Leopard2A7:

Please I just want to ask why you don't identify with us. Do you have any particular reasons or you just don't like us or what? I want to know so that if there is anything we are doing wrong we can work on changing that. Please share.
Well, I've grown up among people who don't identify with Igbos. My entire clan and quarters, and every other ukwuani person I know do not identify with Igbos, so I have never seen myself as igbo.

Maybe it's the negative stereotypical behaviour accorded to the average Igbo man, ie inordinate greed, selfishness and excessive love of money.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by asha90: 9:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
How low can you lots get? Here you are wasting your time trying to find out something that will never add anything to your bank account.

If he/she says he/she is not Igbo and does not identify with Igbo just let it be and move on.

This particular girl abi na boy could be a cripple and you want to bring in another unproductive burden to Igboland all because you are on a faceless forum feeling funky.

I don't know when you lots will learn to feel superior. I am from Anambra and we are very close to Anioma/Delta but we don't give a f.u.ck about them and they keep running to identify with us. I know too many of them that cluster around me everyday.

People tend to run to your feet when they see you don't give a f.uck about them. Just keep doing your thing and ignore them. You guys sabi fall hands. Smh!

Leopard2A7:

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ishilove:

*sigh*

Biko sarum ye
Please, this our luv has to work eh . . grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ishilove:

Well, I've grown up among people who don't identify with Igbos. My entire clan and quarters, and every other ukwuani person I know do not identify with Igbos, so I have never seen myself as igbo.

Maybe it's the negative stereotypical behaviour accorded to the average Igbo man, ie inordinate greed, selfishness and excessive love of money.
Meanwhile in the North, among the good people who are not greedy and selfish grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 2:20am On Jun 20, 2016
[s]
Ishilove:

[/s]

Rubbish angry

3 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 6:13am On Jun 20, 2016
IkpuMmadu:
We don't have Delta Igbo what we have is igbos that are native of Delta state just like we Igbo that are native of IMO state and we have Igbo that are native of rivers state

Thank You!!!

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 6:15am On Jun 20, 2016
ofonike:
We were made to believe that we r not igbo. Though we bear igbo names.
But dear, there is absolutely no way you can ave an Igbo name if you aren't of Igbo descent. Your name is your ancestry. You are Igbos from delta state. And you are NOT in anyway less Igbo than the Igbos from Enugu, Anambra, Imo or Abia states

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 6:17am On Jun 20, 2016
Thunderlicious:
because they don't want to have bad names.
Igbos don't have bad names. A bad name is an individual/personal thing. And not wanting to have bad names will not erase the fact that the Igbos in Delta are still Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 6:19am On Jun 20, 2016
Rocktation:
I think the real question should be why d'you want them to be Igbos, if they insist they are not?
That question would be relevant if they were Yoruba or Hausa and I'm forcing them to be Igbos. But they are already Igbos, but for some reason think that other Igbos doesn't like them or they don't like being Igbo...
Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 6:21am On Jun 20, 2016
Highbhee:
This Is bkus Igbo Excluded Dem out of their politics....
also,Bekus Eastern hasnt Really lost deir bearings....relating with ijaw,neglecting their Brothers nd sister outside of Deir region.... Treat dem as outcast
I honestly don't know of a single Igbo person who treats a delta-Igbo as an outcast. Even yesterday a Delta-Igbo friend of mine corrected a yoruba guy who called him Igbo, saying he's from Delta state.And Ii hope you know that the chairman of Ohaneze ndi is Delta Igbo, so I don't see how they are treated as outcast if one of them bears the title of one of the largest Igbo organizations.
Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 6:25am On Jun 20, 2016
Lezzlie:

Firstly, there is nothing as Delta Igbo officially. That being said, it's only few percentage of Western Igbos that deny their Igbo roots.

I usually put the blame on the poor reorientation after the civil war. Remember the Asaba massacre? ( genocide?) The federal troops couldn't cross over to the East after the Onitsha bridge was blown off.

The federal troops stationed and garrisoned in Asaba for the massacre. That was the beginning of the denial.

It was not only limited to Delta state. In Rivers state, the fear of loosing properties and estates made alot of Igbos there deny their roots to hold onto their investments in real estate and more.

But I think the east lost an opportunity in regaining a strong foothold into the south south when Anioma state was proposed with Onitsha as the headquarters. They kicked out the idea. That would have merged the east and Western Igbo into one and spread their tentacles into the Niger-delta.

And.....Eastern Igbos often have the annoying condescending manner of saying your diluted or fake Igbo when most Western Igbo dialect is more intelligible than some parts of Ebonyi state and Enugu State.

My opinion
Lol @the last sentence. I sincerely learned a lot from your response. This is the kind of response I was waiting for not some of those people asking me why I'm forcing Delta-Igbos to accept who they already are - Igbos. Thanks again dearie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 6:27am On Jun 20, 2016
Nomswag:
grin proundly an ukwuani boy.......i cant imagine my self being called an igbo man.
What is Ukwuani? Tribe? Local government? Town? Dear, I'm not forcing you to claim being Igbo. Not everyone from Delta state is Igbo. So feel free to attach yourself to any tribe you care more about. My question is clearly directed to IGBOS from Delta state who think that we Igbos from other states hate them and we don't.
Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 6:28am On Jun 20, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

But they insist that they are Igbo ..ask ugomba

Why do you enjoy it when brothers are in enmity and I know you are a Yoruba
Exactly my thought!!! II know the poster is Yoruba, they are the only ones rejoicing when relatives are in enemity.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 6:31am On Jun 20, 2016
Know2020:

Yoruba man...SMH
I'm an Igbo girl.... My boyfriend is from Delta State and has an Igbo last name which is why I started researching on this topic to know where he is from. I love him more than anything and with my whole heart and he sees himself as Igbo. I was just wondering why - from my research - some of the Igbos there don't know their left from their right. So, no Yoruba person here
Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 6:38am On Jun 20, 2016
cyril10:
I am Igbo man from Delta, Oshimili North to be precise. What is Oshimili in Ibo is not river, so I wonder why some of my people deny they are Ibos when they have names like Oliseh, Chukwudi, Emeka.

My surname is Igbo, my children have Ibo names, so I am proudly Igbo, even though some Igbos doesn't see us as part of them.
In fact I love you!! you are igbo, you don't need anyone's approval to be who you are. Any Igbo person telling you that you are not part of them, are the ones that are not Igbos. Take kiss abeg!! no take peck before your wife go start to dey think another thing
Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 7:09am On Jun 20, 2016
Ugomba:
what is wrong with South east Igbos sometimes?
The OP is not an Igbo and the aim of this thread is to cause disunity, arguing and insults.
The transgendered posted this crap question in Politics, Romance and Culture section.. She has an aim and you guys are falling for it.
When you see this kind of thread, use a mockery irony of words to derail it or IGNORE IT TOTALLY.
In my defense, I am very much Igbo dalu rinne. Ihe mere m ji were juo ajuju agbo abuo but n'ihi na m amaghi na m ga enweta otutu osisa banyere ya. Amaghikwa m na ajubuola ya bu ajuju mbu, ya mere m jiri jukwa ya ozo. And as I said previously, I am interested in this topic because despite Igbo-inclined I am, I found love in the eyes of an Igbo man from Delta state and I'm trying to research on his origin before discovering all these desxcrepancies. I am far away from dividing Igbos and it is not my aim at all. We have an issue here that some of our brothers don't want to associate with us, and we can't solve it by shying away from it. It's better tackled openly but not forcefully. In thhe end, we can't force anyone to be Igbo but at least we would know how deep this has eaten.
Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 7:48am On Jun 20, 2016
Ishilove:

Okay

Philomena Obeta

That's my real name
Philomena Obeta, when I posted this thread, I made it clear that there are other tribes living in Delta state. I am NOT saying that everyone in Delta state is Igbo. Thank you for posting your name. You are clearly NOT Igbo or an Igbo descendant. To be Igbo, you have to have at least an Igbo last name which you Don't have. So stop causing problems between real Igbos from your state and other States by posting your hatred here. I believe you are very happy now, since you verified and have proven that you are not Igbo, you can now go back to your benin ancestry that is truly where you belong. I wanted to hear responses from Igbos in Delta state.
Re: Delta Igbos by Ishilove: 7:53am On Jun 20, 2016
Afrobeau:

Philomena Obeta, when I posted this thread, I made it clear that there are other tribes living in Delta state. I am NOT saying that everyone in Delta state is Igbo. Thank you for posting your name. You are clearly NOT Igbo or an Igbo descendant. To be Igbo, you have to have at least an Igbo last name which you Don't have. So stop causing problems between real Igbos from your state and other States by posting your hatred here. I believe you are very happy now, since you verified and have proven that you are not Igbo, you can now go back to your benin ancestry that is truly where you belong. I wanted to hear responses from Igbos in Delta state.
Woman stop hyperventilating and vibrating. You cannot know about the ukwuani's more than I, neither can you foist on us an identity we have rejected, so please read first before commenting. I have posted my thoughts on the issue.

Go to page 8 or 9 and read up, but if you don't want to read then swerve.

I'm ignoring you henceforth because I have more important things to do with my time and data.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle / Man Carrying A Live Crocodile On His Back At A Festival In Kano (Photos) / The "Mazi" Title In Igbo Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.