Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution (41025 Views)

The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal / Nigeria's Problem Is Not Prayer - Ben Murray-Bruce / Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution - Wall Street Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Izuchukwu70: 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2016
osinbanjoisaliar:
It’s hard to see how President Buhari’s policies are good for Nigeria’s future.

Pete Hoekstra.

Senior Fellow.

The Investigative Project on Terrorism
Washington.

Mr. Hoekstra was the former chairman of the U.S.

House Intelligence Committee from 2004 to
www.wsj.com/articles/buhari-is-nigerias-problem-not-its-solution-1466109183

check the writer's profile.

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Malawian(m): 4:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
koboko69:

Smh. This are the clowns asking for certificate. An illegal student is one who was never admitted into the institution in the first place. Which makes him not a student of the sch. If attending lectures and scoring good grade makes him qualified the question is, is he a student of the sch?
How does this logic apply to Buhari, is Buhari not a Nigerian, there by qualified to run for thr office of the president. Ir is Buhari and illegal Nigerian? This have been over flogged. I advise u read carefullly, and understand reasonably and stop littering the internet with hate instigated poo.
oga, what qualifies Bubu from running for president is NOT just being a nigeria, it is "a nigerian with O'level / 55 years of age etc). running for president without a valid cert is the same as running for SUG president without the required CGPA.
tell BUBU to return with his WASC and use the money for SAn to pay NDA so that we can have light. Sheogbon?

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Izuchukwu70: 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
MatthewTPage (Matthew T. Page)

On @WSJ PMB op-ed: Greenberg Traurig (@petehoekstra's firm) paid lobbyist for #Bayelsa State https:///yM2uXYTkzc https:///Q4Q0bTO8YV

9:58 AM Jun 17th via Twitter Web Client
https://twitter.com/MatthewTPage/status/743804907988221957
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by AnanseK(m): 5:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
Yes Buhari is a problem for the corrupt.

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by ochiq(m): 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
Some people are destined zombies from the begining of creation; no matter the Stark reality before them, they just will never ever get it!!! Its a pity!!!
blackpanda:

And so? If he brought 100 SANs nko
Quit this silly obsession with certificate. Everyone can see he is literate. The one that claimed to be a phd holder is the one that put the whole country in this mess we are today

Pls grow up! Good leadership is not by certificate

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by nairalandankrah: 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
telling me what i already know ! abegii fresh news plss
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 17, 2016
Sylvester70:

if not for one thing i would have said that the sperm that fertilized u would have been used to fertilite that of a hen dont be offended but "mama nkechi give this zombie one carton of hypo make he go wash his face i pray he lives to thank me later.

You feel more like a man now?
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by blackpanda: 6:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
ochiq:
Some people are destined zombies from the begining of creation; no matter the Stark reality before them, they just will never ever get it!!! Its a pity!!!

Common shut up and go and sleep!
Mtscheew
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by ochiq(m): 6:46pm On Jun 17, 2016
Another zombie on the loose......smh!!!
blackpanda:

Common shut up and go and sleep!
Mtscheew

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by millhouse: 7:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
I just pity this man... If he likes let him keep fighting corruption as if his life depends on it and not turn to fix the economy... After his tenure he won't be remembered on the corruption fought, but how hungry the people were. That's what they will tell their children of

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by VcStunner(m): 7:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
freeze001:

Kenny987 is female.
sorry for denying the ladies credit due them my bad totally. smiley

Is Freeze001 a male
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Elliot2(m): 7:39pm On Jun 17, 2016
koboko69:

Smh. This are the clowns asking for certificate. An illegal student is one who was never admitted into the institution in the first place. Which makes him not a student of the sch. If attending lectures and scoring good grade makes him qualified the question is, is he a student of the sch?
How does this logic apply to Buhari, is Buhari not a Nigerian, there by qualified to run for thr office of the president. Ir is Buhari and illegal Nigerian? This have been over flogged. I advise u read carefullly, and understand reasonably and stop littering the internet with hate instigated poo.
my dear, what u r saying does not count. it does not matter at what point the truth is unveiled, the truth will surely crumble every foundation, even the lintel or roof level sef. if such a student is not termed illegal, then wat is the term for such a person. it does not matter how many of the requirements u met,so long it's not complete, u r not fit (legal). No one is saying pmb is not a Nigerian; as all things being equal, despite having other credentials that make him eligible, one is only challenging his eligibility based on his wasc result. And that is on

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Elliot2(m): 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2016
koboko69:

my dear, what u r saying does not count. it does not matter at what point the truth is unveiled, the truth will surely crumble every foundation, even the lintel or roof level sef. if such a student is not termed illegal, then wat is the term for such a person. it does not matter how many of the requirements u met,so long it's not complete, u r not fit (legal). No one is saying pmb is not a Nigerian; as all things being equal, despite having other credentials that make him eligible, one is only challenging his eligibility based on his wasc result. I don't hate pmb for ur info, in fact I am looking at the positive side of the whole drama, just how this kuld boost his integrity profile should he comes clean.

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Sylvester70(m): 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
delivite:

You feel more like a man now?
remember i said dont be offended.
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by freeze001(f): 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2016
VcStunner:
sorry for denying the ladies credit due them my bad totally. smiley

Is Freeze001 a male

Nope, female. grin
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by austine4real(m): 8:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
3sexy:

OMG

Your mumu is super duper !

You don't only need to grow up , u need to grow tall too!
hw far na i saw ur message i hope there is no prob?
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by lordcenred(m): 8:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
blackpanda:

Pls stop making noise and find something productive to do with ur life!

And yes the certificate issue was there in jonathan's time but u hypocrites kept mute. Jonathan claims to have phd without a single publication or thesis. Jonathan told y'all to "go to hell" that he is not declaring any asset. Were u comatose then?? Abeg go rest!

I can really sense ur problem

CHAI!

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Tellemall: 8:19pm On Jun 17, 2016
blackpanda:

And so? If he brought 100 SANs nko
Quit this silly obsession with certificate. Everyone can see he is literate. The one that claimed to be a phd holder is the one that put the whole country in this mess we are today

Pls grow up! Good leadership is not by certificate

If it's not by owning a certificate, then what is it by? What didn't the previous president have that this one has? Special cochlear infections? The ability to pick the worst looters? Drop your bias. Tell us what this one has that the other didn't. Is it integrity that crumbled at a school leaving certificate or from his non existent assets declaration? Or because he's talking about "crush the militants" and "reserve grazing land for Libyan herdsmen"?

Grow up.

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by bidexmat(m): 8:34pm On Jun 17, 2016
jejemanito:

WTF did I just read?

If Bubu can break the number one basic rule of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria then what in seven hells gives him the right to be the general in the war against corruption?

It's like saying there is nothing wrong with having an illegal student as an SUG president

You're a disgrace to rational thinking
No mind am o! I done even tire to deh read garbages weh our youths deh dish out. You could imagine how many million Nigerians think this way, bunch of educated illiterates roaming the country. So many of them need be liberated from mental slavery cos na noodles choke their skull.

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by VcStunner(m): 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
freeze001:

Nope, female. grin
aii folk... nice to meet you. Seems you identify largely with brilliant people. Your girl got something. I seldom comment here but she got me talking.
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Tinyemeka(m): 10:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
blackpanda:

How old are u? Try to be civil when communicating and stop reasoning like a toddler ok

Yours is worse.

I even feel insulted having deigned you a response when I saw the way you reason from this post of yours.

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
[size=16pt]"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Eluwilussit(m): 1:22am On Jun 18, 2016
quid:

another yeye argument LMAO

Dude is an idiiot. Complete one. grin
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Nobody: 4:39am On Jun 18, 2016
Sylvester70:

remember i said dont be offended.

Yes, I remember that. Just asking if spewing all that stuff on me for expressing my opinion finally gave you the or.gasm you were looking for.
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Abutraco: 7:01am On Jun 18, 2016
Agunnewi:

My attention has been drawn to the fact that GMB hired 13 SANs and 10 lawyers to defend his inability to show the world his WAEC Certificate. That is not good for this democracy…

They said the Military board under GEJ hid GMB's WAEC certificate Today, GMB is President. So who is still hiding Buhari's certificate...

We are not wailing for GMB to show us his certificate (you can't give what you don't have) But to let the world know the scam that he is.

We need to let future generations know that Once upon a time, A Nigerian President was scammed into office without a basic WAEC Certificate

Posterity and future generations need to know That a President was asked to show his WAEC Certificate but he rather went to bring 13 SANs.

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by VULCAN(m): 11:24am On Jun 18, 2016
@ oyb

Pls shed more light on the bolded below. I would like to understand how "getting rid" of Saraki translates into our Senators choosing to reduce their wages and entitlements(some earn an average of N1M a day).

And what happens to The Reps? Is the same strategy to be carried out there or is Dogara exempted from such treatment for some reason?

this same joker would be shouting dictatorship if buhari went full 1984 on our senators. [/b]they are the last bastion of government profligacybut until buhari gets rid of saraki there's not much that can be done about them.[b]
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=VULCAN post=46685394]@ oyb

Pls shed more light on the bolded below. I would like to understand how "getting rid" of Saraki translates into our Senators choosing to reduce their wages and entitlements(some earn an average of N1M a day).

And what happens to The Reps? Is the same strategy to be carried out there or is Dogara exempted from such treatment for some reason?

this same joker would be shouting dictatorship if buhari went full 1984 on our senators. [/b]they are the last bastion of government profligacybut until buhari gets rid of saraki there's not much that can be done about them.[b]

OBJ was mostly able to keep the reps in check. however, his ghana must go diplomacy set a bad precedent, and after he left the reps basically became laws unto themselves. in obj's time they were using peugeots as official cars. these outrageous allowances did not exist. i attribute that partly to david mark, and the weak executive.

if PMB successfully cuts off the head, i believe the rest of them will fall in line. they are all a bunch of corrupt self serving jokers with all sorts of skeletons in their cupboards. the FG may not have the resources to go after all of them, but making an example of the most corrupt of them will send a clear message that it is not business as usual, and that any of them can be kicked out.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/politics/188993-nigeria-to-cut-senators-reps-jumbo-pay.html

Following President Muhammadu Buhari’s order directing the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) to address public outcry over huge salaries and allowances of members of the National Assembly, the chairman of the commission, Elias Mbam, said on Tuesday that Senators and members of the House of Representatives will earn less than N1 million by the end of next month.

Speaking at the State House after Mr. Mbam made presentation on the activities and challenges of the commission, President Buhari chided the RMAFC for approving excessive remunerations for some political office holders, and urged the commission to seek a proper interpretation of its powers and address the public outcry against the unreasonably high payments.

President Buhari also warned that severe sanctions will be visited on any individual or organisation that violates the directive on the payment of all national revenue into the Federation Account.

President Buhari spoke a week after PREMIUM TIMES published details of the federal lawmakers’ salaries and allowances, a publication that sparked widespread public anger against the lawmakers, with many calling a drastic cut.

But in his response to reporters’ questions after meeting the president, the RMAFC boss said the commission had been working on the review of the salaries and allowances of the political office holders at National Assembly, the State Assemblies and Local Governments, adding that the review also covers the Judiciary.
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Sylvester70(m): 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
delivite:

Yes, I remember that. Just asking if spewing all that stuff on me for expressing my opinion finally gave you the or.gasm you were looking for.
i jst said my mind thats all
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
jejemanito:

WTF did I just read?

If Bubu can break the number one basic rule of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria then what in seven hells gives him the right to be the general in the war against corruption?

It's like saying there is nothing wrong with having an illegal student as an SUG president

You're a disgrace to rational thinking

hum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by jude90(m): 6:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
u can't give what u don't have
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Ramsey247(m): 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
delivite:
Take it easy fellas. I disagree with anything the western media says about Nigeria simply because it's the western media that said it. We can report our own news and know our own problems, thank you very much.

By the way, were they not just hailing buhari as the saviour Nigeria most desperately needed 1 year ago

Read this Interview with a young Nigerian entrepreneur while you are at it: http://www.nextnaijaentrepreneur.com/young-nigerian-entrepreneur/
But you agreed with them when the said Jonathan must go.
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by neocortex: 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
foladara777:
Agreed, the conditions of the country are definitely worse but lets try and be objective... The price of oil internationally dropped from around $100 to $30 around the time Buhari was inaugurated and Nigeria being a mono-economy inevitably suffered... If past governments had diversified the economy it wouldn't be this bad

IF past government have done all Buhari is supposed to do,
of what use is voting for Buhari in the first place ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe / Baba Alakyo Is Safe – Ombatse / Maryam Babangida And Princes Diana [Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.