Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,392 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution (41015 Views)

The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal / Nigeria's Problem Is Not Prayer - Ben Murray-Bruce / Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution - Wall Street Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2016
nellyelitz:
you get #13b
that's 2much nah
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by pacespot(m): 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
Fellow Nigerians... I can tell you, with 100% assurance, that the fact that these western media are criticizing Buhari shows this president is on the right path for Nigeria.

From my experience with these people, they never wanted Africa to develop an inch so that we can continue to feed from the crumbs on their table.

White men can give you billions of dollar in charity, but will prevent you from making millions of dollar by yourself.

Reason:

They know charity is like feeding from hand to mouth, which will be exhausted sooner than later. But wealth creation is sustainable, with a lot of long-term benefits for the nation.
But unfortunately, most Africans want free pass to success which is why we wanted their charity than to build our economy on our own terms.

I believe this is coming because of Buhari refusal to devalue Naira and obtain their entrapping loan.

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Izonpikin: 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2016
koboko69:

Like i said u are making noise. Instead of that IPOD lawyer to take WAEC to court to compel them to make clarifications, he is busy chasing shadows. The law permits affidavit, and INEC admitted it, "Jonathan's" INEC. All your online militancy is for nuts. Pa' is 73 years old, a retired military officer, who have beem posted to different places in his career. It is not out of place if he swore an affidavit of not being able to find it.

Look above u. I have no time for childish rants
like i said you can defend anything for buhari... grin grin grin....zombie...why did our baba run around to fetch over 10 SANs...buhari avenger.... grin grin grin grin....

affidavit to accede to the fact that he cant find his waec forever...i hope this was the same way you got your present job...or rather which company will keep holding on to an affidavit that an employee could not find his waec cert... grin grin grin...baba should show us his certificate...he lost nothing...he doesnt have it...he never wrote waec,.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by zheroes(m): 1:19pm On Jun 17, 2016
I love my country. Let's wait for the next 6-8 months and see if the story wouldn't change. All this crap coming up because things are much harder. Have you wondered why a graduate lady would rather date and marry a wealthy illiterate than date a broke ass PHD holder. What people need is the basics: food, housing, healthcare, job etc all others are stories for the press. No matter how people cry, PMB if God preserves him will see out his tenure. Either support the supposed certificateless president if you say so or suffer till he leaves. What I know is that he means well. Even if things aren't good enough.

God bless PMB!!!

God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by blackpanda: 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
Kfed4ril:

Nigga stop defending the indefensible. Do u know how much of Nigeria's money he would use in paying the SAN's and lawyers? I thought buhari always says he wana cut cost? Then y can't he just present the certificate and shame those who called him an illiterate instead of actually proving them right. Buhari always contradict his speeches with his actions.

Note
Now, run along!
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
blackpanda:

And so? If he brought 100 SANs nko
Quit this silly obsession with certificate. Everyone can see he is literate. The one that claimed to be a phd holder is the one that put the whole country in this mess we are today

Pls grow up! Good leadership is not by certificate

That's a very stupid thing to say. . . no offence.

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Tinyemeka(m): 1:37pm On Jun 17, 2016
blackpanda:

Quit this silly obsession with certificate. Everyone can see he is literate. The one that claimed to be a phd holder is the one that put the whole country in this mess we are today

When every interview of his in the International media has to be subtitled for one to get what he's saying? Does that sound literate to you?

The requirements are listed in the Constitution of which completion of Secondary school is mandatory. How can one who can't show genuine evidence of having completed secondary school education, be expected to govern a nation as challenging and diverse as Nigeria?

The one that had PhD never allowed fuel scarcity to persist beyond 3 months. Or allow the country to dwell in double digit inflation that is showing many signs of galloping.

The current president doesn't even show any iota of being in control of the situation but would rather jet out of the country and abandon everything in the hands of his deputy. Believe me, his illiteracy is the reason for all the unguarded and unsavory comments he's been making about the country in foreign media. You'll keep deceiving yourself thinking he's being plain honest.

Are you well at all?

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Ahmeduana(m): 1:40pm On Jun 17, 2016
delivite:
Take it easy fellas. I disagree with anything the western media says about Nigeria simply because it's the western media that said it. We can report our own news and know our own problems, thank you very much.

By the way, were they not just hailing buhari as the saviour Nigeria most desperately needed 1 year ago
BUT YOU WILL BELIEVE WHAT OUR CORRUPT NIGERIA BROWN ENVELOPE MEDIA SAYS?
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by blackpanda: 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
Tinyemeka:

When every interview of his in the International media has to be subtitled for one to get what he's saying? Does that sound literate to you?

The requirements are listed in the Constitution of which completion of Secondary school is mandatory. How can one who can't show genuine evidence of having completed secondary school education, be expected to govern a nation as challenging and diverse as Nigeria?

The one that had PhD never allowed fuel scarcity to persist beyond 3 months. Or allow the country to dwell in double digit inflation that is showing many signs of galloping.

The current president doesn't even show any iota of being in control of the situation but would rather jet out of the country and abandon everything in the hands of his deputy. Believe me, his illiteracy is the reason for all the unguarded and unsavory comments he's been making about the country in foreign media. You'll keep deceiving yourself thinking he's being plain honest.

Are you well at all?

How old are u? Try to be civil when communicating and stop reasoning like a toddler ok
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Iamthoney(m): 1:48pm On Jun 17, 2016
This ain't news 'cos I know this since May 30th 2015...next please
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by foladara777(m): 1:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
pacespot:
Fellow Nigerians... I can tell you, with 100% assurance, that the fact that these western media are criticizing Buhari shows this president is on the right path for Nigeria.

From my experience with these people, they never wanted Africa to develop an inch so that we can continue to feed from the crumbs on their table.

White men can give you billions of dollar in charity, but will prevent you from making millions of dollar by yourself.

Reason:

They know charity is like feeding from hand to mouth, which will be exhausted sooner than later. But wealth creation is sustainable, with a lot of long-term benefits for the nation.
But unfortunately, most Africans want free pass to success which is why we wanted their charity than to build our economy on our own terms.

I believe this is coming because of Buhari refusal to devalue Naira and obtain their entrapping loan.

All this Africans and their conspiracy theories against the western world. So as long as the west criticize buhari, he is performing. It doesn't matter what Nigerians living in the country think about his government. Mehn.. I just pray for a time when Nigerians can think for and by themselves and not rely on the reactions of Americans and Britons towards us
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Elliot2(m): 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
koboko69:

Am done reverting to u. I have made my point sound and clear.
buh I tot d exam at Cambridge has made it known dat only pmb could order for the said result.
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by foladara777(m): 2:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
And to those saying certificate is not leadership.. Claiming u have a constitutional requirement while lacking it is criminal and a fraudulent misrepresentation. Apart from the legal implications, a person that can lie about such a thing doesn't have the moral or ethical standard to lead a country
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by tete7000(m): 2:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
blackpanda:

They said a PHd holder cannot solve a problem and you think the one without a basic WASC, a downgrade would be a better alternative? This your logic get serious K-leg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by spinoff: 2:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
oyb:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Hoekstra

the man's history says plenty. tea party,imperalist expansionism

it should be noted that this is just a letter from a politician

this same joker would be shouting dictatorship if buhari went full 1984 on our senators. they are the last bastion of government profligacybut until buhari gets rid of saraki there's not much that can be done about them.

this is the same sort of empty headed ignorance that characterizes the republicans. no in depth analysis of an issue. the world is still paying for the same faulty analytical process that led to the invasion of iraq. i wonder if this joker would negotiate with terrorists on his own soil. the hypocrisy is galling.

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by foladara777(m): 2:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
Agreed, the conditions of the country are definitely worse but lets try and be objective... The price of oil internationally dropped from around $100 to $30 around the time Buhari was inaugurated and Nigeria being a mono-economy inevitably suffered... If past governments had diversified the economy it wouldn't be this bad
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Ahmeduana(m): 2:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
blackpanda:

AND HOW WILL HIM PERFORM LIKE AN HAVARD GRADUATE, IF NOT BY EDUCATION?
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by brojoshua: 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
Different people and groups who love corruption will call him many bad names because he makes life difficult for looters, thieves and other criminals
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by freeze001(f): 2:46pm On Jun 17, 2016
VcStunner:
I get a leap of joy when I see dudes make sense. I just feel am not alone

Kenny987 is female.
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by ohenhen1: 2:47pm On Jun 17, 2016
porka:
A whole year has been wasted on ancient economic models.

The attendant toll on the well-being of Nigerian masses is alarming.

It's frightening.

Didn't h4 inherit the model from GEJ. At least he has the political will to change it.
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by JimD(m): 2:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
I think Buhari should be crowned the most hated civilian president. Even the hatred got imported into foreign land. He shud just resign.

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by freeze001(f): 2:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
fortune1968:
you are only disturbing yourself .A billion haters of d president like u cant disprove the fact that he has more than d required cert

He has not even established the basic certification, the foundation. There is nothing to disprove that hasn't been proven in the first place. If he had any higher certification that suited the purpose of eligibility to contest for office, he would have tendered it with his affidavit and not ended at WAEC. You can be sure that GEJ would not have tendered WAEC. He would have put in his Doctorate degree or MSc or even first degree because that is the normal and recognised progression of education in Nigeria.

Professional training and certifications do not suffice as degrees of education and Buhari knew tht too. That's why he did not put in or cite whatever training and certifications he acquired in the course of his military career. If he had gotten leave or studied part time and secured a first degree for instance, subject of course to the availability of his O'level/WAEC, he would have simply put that degree certificate in. It would now be the INEC, if not satisfied, to verify that result and determine its authenticity.

It is not about hating, it is about logic, facts and the law.

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by decomaniaboss(f): 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2016
blackpanda:

only you can see the literati in him...i guess u are without a waec certificate as well grin grin .when he was head of state then,Jonathan was still the one that destroy the country before he came as well .idiotic brainless monkey

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by disloman(m): 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
I doubt if this person claimed to write this really did.Checked all his social media I'd.None did he ever mentioned.Hmmm!Make I just dey look.
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by decomaniaboss(f): 3:14pm On Jun 17, 2016
PhilemonObende:
As a yoruba muslim, I know that Wall street journal is an IPOB publication. Nnamdi Kanu owns it. They will fail.

Sai Baba! Buhari till 3490

Insha Allah! Allah Seriki!

sorry to interrupt u in your dreams,but he doesn't have up to 20 years to live religiously and scientifically grin grin grin grin no president has live up to 110 years nd ours is very much close to the grave hihihihi
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by OBAGADAFFI: 3:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
pacespot:

Reason:

Oga, the western media also criticize GEJ, does that mean GEJ did well?

Every indices in Nigeria is currently pointing Negative, yet lot will deliberately shy away from the truth in support of you master.

The same thing the fans of the former presidents did to our economy.

These sentiment is the reason our country will never move forward.

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by zizi04(m): 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
azaino:

ah ah, are you OK ?, why talking and reasoning like this ? my dearest you need reasoning in abundance. I pray you receive sense, knowledge and reasoning,..
but wait a minute, how can a grown up be reasoning like you are doing, I can't believe this. Father Lord please release common sense in Nigeria. Amen
..i dont think u are educated at all. no offense, even if u are , please what school .
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by lordcenred(m): 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
blackpanda:

Bro pls try and be typing reasonably.
If this certificate palava was in GEJ's regime, what cud you hav said?

Allow the law and constitution to work cos what u think can only 'die' with you, unless this government is corrupt

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by koboko69: 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
Elliot2:
I don't agree with u. an illegal student kuld as well be one who has been attending classes and making good grades therefore qualified to run for the SUG post, but in the electioneering process it's been revealed that he used a forged waec. automatically, such a student is an illegal student.

Smh. This are the clowns asking for certificate. An illegal student is one who was never admitted into the institution in the first place. Which makes him not a student of the sch. If attending lectures and scoring good grade makes him qualified the question is, is he a student of the sch?
How does this logic apply to Buhari, is Buhari not a Nigerian, there by qualified to run for thr office of the president. Ir is Buhari and illegal Nigerian? This have been over flogged. I advise u read carefullly, and understand reasonably and stop littering the internet with hate instigated poo.
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by kabiyesi01: 4:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
blackpanda:

What is this one saying He must be high on something.

1 Like

Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
Alot of thing is jus wrong abt we governed ...attimes i wonder do we eva fight 4 ourselves or wat wil directly benefit our household @least,if nt us...nigerians ddnt see d wassec cert.b4 dey voted in masses ....pdp made hell of a noise abt it even d dead heard in there graves ...@such a crucial time he hired no san ..1yr afta election he is hiring dozens of sans to defend wat nigerians already overlooked.,(whr numba6? )these govt as given alot of yu jobs as wailers,,wakingup evry morning to harass d net 4 news dt r of no decent benefit to any1..we nid critics (pdp so distracted wit internal problems) not wailers aka pdp sympthizers ..
Re: Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution by blackpanda: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2016
lordcenred:

Bro pls try and be typing reasonably.
If this certificate palava was in GEJ's regime, what cud you hav said?

Allow the law and constitution to work cos what u think can only 'die' with you, unless this government is corrupt

Pls stop making noise and find something productive to do with ur life!

And yes the certificate issue was there in jonathan's time but u hypocrites kept mute. Jonathan claims to have phd without a single publication or thesis. Jonathan told y'all to "go to hell" that he is not declaring any asset. Were u comatose then?? Abeg go rest!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wikipedia Updates Orubebe’s Profile Over Attempted Poll Disruprion / APC Suspends NDDC Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie / Amaechi, Minister Of Transport Arrives Port-Harcourt - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.