Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? (14679 Views)

I Got A Job Through Nairaland. / I Got A Fantastic Job Through Nairaland / Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by spyroxy1(m): 3:19am On Aug 31, 2009
I got my first job through NYSC Scheme: I Was Retained at my place O primary assignment. Let's share it,  were you retained at your POP?

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by henrijin: 11:11am On Aug 31, 2009
No. Where was your POP? If u were in a sec school, would u hav stayed if they wanted to retain u

5 Likes

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by osbar67: 2:15pm On Aug 31, 2009
No i did'nt but even if I were asked to stay after POP i wouldnt have agreed because I served with LG secretariat and I was not impressed with what I saw/discovered about Nig LG's then.it's just a place where people come and distribute money without necessarily doing anything that's worth it.I thing working there is more or less like staying idle.

8 Likes

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by spyroxy1(m): 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2009
share ur experience, exxonmobil, nnpc, oado etc,

2 Likes

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by candylips(m): 3:31pm On Sep 01, 2009
nope i got booted out sad

1 Like

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by excel26(m): 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2009
i was retained but it was getting Bleep up so i resigned!

2 Likes

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by spyroxy1(m): 5:20pm On May 18, 2017
I got retained in my PPA and after a very hard work and commitment, now I am a senior officer there today.

Please share your experience

lalasticlala

7 Likes

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by firstclassmumu: 7:13pm On May 18, 2017
Yes
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by lonelydora: 7:13pm On May 18, 2017
I was asked to stay back at Maiyama Local government council of Kebbi State, I vehemently refused. What will I be doing in a LG that workers show face only when the month gets to 21st and stop coming whenever they receive their salary? I wasn't born lazy, reason I left on the day of POP

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by ednut1(m): 7:13pm On May 18, 2017
i was retained at my PPA, Amaogwugwu community sec school, ohuhu , abia. loving it angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by MaziOmenuko: 7:14pm On May 18, 2017
How many people would even accept to work in their place of primary assignment?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by MrTeeo: 7:14pm On May 18, 2017
My first job was two weeks after nysc, I was the Corpers Liaison Officer (CLO) of my LG and I treated all corps members fairly. Didn't eat their money and tried my best to cover up for corps member who had issues.
Did all that without the need for payment, I actually helped a girl and she was really appreciative and we became friends. A week after service she called that her firm needed an operations guy somewhere in Lekki, I was kinda reluctant cause my PPA, a school, wanted me to stay on a salary of 25k with accommodation somewhere close to Lagos, but she asked me to come and
Went for the interview and luckily I got the job through her connect... Pay wasn't massive but three times what my PPA was offering and that experience got me a way better job a year after.

So guys, make sure you form connections, some corps members are highly placed.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Larwin(m): 7:14pm On May 18, 2017
good news
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by coolestchris(m): 7:15pm On May 18, 2017
I am hoping to be retained by governor ambode in his cabinet as a Lagos corper

2 Likes

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by abdeiz(m): 7:15pm On May 18, 2017
Yea after working your way to a suitable place to serve, heck yea why won't I not stay, Smh
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Larwin(m): 7:16pm On May 18, 2017
nice
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by SageTravels: 7:16pm On May 18, 2017
Still Serving
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by tolexy123: 7:16pm On May 18, 2017
coolestchris:
I am hoping to be retained by governor ambode in his cabinet as a Lagos corper
wAke up sir, its 7pm grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Sunnycliff(m): 7:16pm On May 18, 2017
Job was offered but the pay was low without promising career path, so I turned it down!
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Goldenheart(m): 7:16pm On May 18, 2017
sad

Op that was tutausannanaih this is "2017" lipsrsealed

People are not as generous as they were back then.

4 Likes

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by InfinixMine: 7:17pm On May 18, 2017
Year 2009 topic in year 2017 undecided 8 years after..

Op don turn manager already.

1 Like

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 18, 2017
2009 post shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Tender1(m): 7:18pm On May 18, 2017
OMG must you know all my secret to success?
Must a God exist for you to do what is right?
Op. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Onopa(m): 7:18pm On May 18, 2017
I got my job with a recommendation from where I served
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by cinoedhunter: 7:19pm On May 18, 2017
That awkward moment when ur ppa wants to retain u in those middle of nowhere communities...
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by clefstone(m): 7:19pm On May 18, 2017
Yes
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by ItalianWine(f): 7:20pm On May 18, 2017
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:20pm On May 18, 2017
Na primary abi na secondary school
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Edu3Again: 7:20pm On May 18, 2017
Generally speaking NYSC was designed to take cheap labour to the North,
it's not designed to generate employment.

8 Likes

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by RealDannie(m): 7:20pm On May 18, 2017
Hmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nysc 2021 Batch C / 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba / NYSC Not A Waste Of Time, Says DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.