Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice (7079 Views)

My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News / Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation / Why The Sudden Change? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by kanmie(m): 7:24am On Jun 17, 2016
My marriage is just three months old, my wife said I should get her a washing machine or else she will stop washing my clothes.
I don't know why the sudden change, this is a lady that do wash my clothes right, left and center when we were dating, there is no weekend that passed without her coming over to my apartment to do my laundry.
I never believe she will change so soon, the same lady that will call me and tell me Honey, keep your dirty clothes I will be coming over these weekend to wash them.
I have tried to know why the sudden change but no reasonable answer from her.
Offcourse I know I will get a washing machine but at least when the kids start coming, business is very slow , no money for washing machine at the moment.
I love my wife so much and I don't want to start having problem with her at this time, our marriage is still early and fresh.
What should I do in this matter?, Should I borrow to buy her a washing machine?

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by 4reala(m): 7:31am On Jun 17, 2016
I dnt think u shldnt buy d machine now, even if u have d money. But rather, try to find out d reason for her change of attitude, through a heart to heart discussion. Communication is key here and understanding each other. If u cannot understand ur wife now, I dnt knw wen u will.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 17, 2016
If you can afford it, get it for her. Its gonna save you both alot of time.
Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by nepapole(m): 7:32am On Jun 17, 2016
Eeya... U don enter one chance. Start saving for car ooo cos i guess thats d next item on ur wife's list. God help u.

12 Likes

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by sinaj(f): 7:33am On Jun 17, 2016
I never believe she will change so soon, the same lady that will call me and tell me Honey, keep your dirty clothes I will be coming over these weekend to wash them.

Xo she was forming housewife material grin

Well I think u shud try nd get her d washing machine, evn if it's d mini one.
Coz one thing with ladies, once their heart is made up, changing it could cme with a little war.

You shud also check the frnds she keeps too. Who knws, they might be d one influencing her.

Sorry eyah tongue

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by BrideOfDracula(f): 7:34am On Jun 17, 2016
Have you explained the money issue to her? IDK about you but I hate when people dish out stùpid ultimatums because I feel like it's a power-play. If you concede, they win. I feel this is what is happening here. It's a power struggle & if you give in every time, then you might as well cut off your cojones & let her keep them because she'll be calling the shots.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Hawx(m): 7:37am On Jun 17, 2016
This is too early! I hope you always approach her with maturity as regards chores like the laundry. Each time she does your laundry, try to appreciate her!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by schumastic(m): 7:41am On Jun 17, 2016
kanmie:
My marriage is just three months old, my wife said I should get her a washing machine or else she will stop washing my clothes.
I don't know why the sudden change, this is a lady that do wash my clothes right, left and center when we were dating, there is no weekend that passed without her coming over to my apartment to do my laundry.
I have tried to know why the sudden change but no reasonable answer from her.
Offcourse I know I will get a washing machine but at least when the kids start coming, business is very slow , no money for washing machine at the moment.
I love my wife so much and I don't want to start having problem with her at this time, our marriage is still early and fresh.
What should I do in this matter?, Should I borrow to buy her a washing machine?

EDITED:
after reading some ladies comment I couldn't help shake my head n pray to God not to bring such ladies in my life.
OP the last time checked, you are the man of the house, you proposed to her and not the other way round..I il say three things to u.
1.do not I repeat do not borrow to please her cus once you do, you will end up borrowing just to please her once issues like this comes up.
2.she is your wife and I believe she has good characters which you must have taken note of before settling down with her.draw her close n politely explain things to her so she will understand.
3.put the washing machine into your budget plan,so it will be the first thing you get for her to make her chores more easier cus it helps a lot..finally let her know that she doesn't have to blackmail you before you grant her request cus it won't help the marriage.

for all those girls running their mouth like parrot just pray u marry a good husband cus if you carry this bad habit of yours n enter your husband house, I pray your case won't b like that of J.Lo who has been into several marriages..

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 17, 2016
I think she listened to Jennifer Lopez's hit song- I ain't your mama.

Lemme help with the lyrics-I Ain't gonna do your laundry, I ain't your mama.

PS--I think you imposed doing laundry on her. like You probably thought She's always gon be the one doing the laundry. You kept dumping clothes on her and she got pissed. it's tough love sweety. wink get THE fvcking machine or wash your clothes yourself.
Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 17, 2016
My own advice to you is that don't borrow to buy dat washing machine for her b'cos it high time u started to wash ur clothes b'cos she isn't ur maid.
She was washing it wen u guys were still dating b'cos she was looking for a place of settling down.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by donjoesbry(m): 7:46am On Jun 17, 2016
Hear me sir, if you love your wife , please get her the washing machine, look for the one you can afford and get it for her ....except you want stress to make your woman to look worn out and old which you won't like...am sure you like the way omotala and Genevieve look .... Its care and money that make them look like that ....Beautify your wife...love is to care and care is anticipating a need and meeting it without any expectation from the other person ...finally let me remind you that marriage is forever signing up to meet the need of your partner without any expectation or grudge ..... If you know those things you could of done for her when you were wooing her ...let those feelings prompt you to do more for her now that she is your wife ... A lot of married women are getting older in the hands of men because of home stress when they ought t be younger and more beautiful than the unmarried ones......think about this bro and thank me later ....

I remain DoNjOeSbRy....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by GoldenJAT(m): 7:50am On Jun 17, 2016
let it not be what I'm thinking.... cos pretense and some ladies walk hand in hand!! Just use ur discretion 2 solve this problem.. so it won't escalate...it's just 2 early 4 any marital issues... it is well
Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 17, 2016
gosh, if ladies pretend like dis, how do we know d right one for us...no buy am
Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 17, 2016
donjoesbry:
Hear me sir, if you love your wife , please get her the washing machine, look for the one you can afford and get it for her ....except you want stress to make your woman to look worn out and old which you won't like...am sure you like the way omotala and Genevieve look .... Its care and money that make them look like that ....Beautify your wife...love is to care and care is anticipating a need and meeting it without any expectation from the other person ...finally let me remind you that marriage is forever signing up to meet the need of your partner without any expectation or grudge ..... If you know those things you could of done for her when you were wooing her ...let those feelings prompt you to do more for her now that she is your wife ... A lot of married women are getting older in the hands of men because of home stress when they ought t be younger and more beautiful than the unmarried ones......think about this bro and thank me later ....

I remain DoNjOeSbRy....
if he gets it, Tomao she wld ask for sumtin bigger n wen u cnt afford,she go leave u

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 17, 2016
olorunwa90:
My own advice to you is that don't borrow to buy dat washing machine for her b'cos it high time u started to wash ur clothes b'cos she isn't ur maid.
She was washing it wen u guys were still dating b'cos she was looking for a place of settling down.
so u mean he shld take it upon his self as his responsibility? did u c dat thread wer dat guy was wondering how he survived all along without his girl? my brother der cums a time in a mans life dat tinz like washing cloths shld go of ur mind.
so I wld b providing for d family n yet u cnt wash me cloth? y did jst act like dt while dey wer dating so its left to d guy to accept her like dat, am sure he wldnt b complaining if she didn't pretend.my guy dnt mke dqt mistake ooo. dnt even try to mke dat mistake.am nt saying dt she shld wash it all d time bt she shld do 70percent of it.
until we grew up, my father neva touched his cloths since he married my mom. na as we cum grow we cum dey wash am for am. dnt let ladies use ur head.ur d man
Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by PrincessAnna: 8:04am On Jun 17, 2016
How much is washing machine that you can't buy to save your marriage? 30 or 35k will get you small LG. I am with your wife on this, get her the washing machine.
Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 17, 2016
AdmiralDru:
If you can afford it, get it for her. Its gonna save you both alot of time.
didn't u c d part wer he said 'shld he borow n buy it?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by iPopAlomo(m): 8:06am On Jun 17, 2016
You don marry one chance wife...

If you buy her this washing machine... which I'm not saying you shouldn't buy but later at your discretion... don't come here to post she asked you to buy her a house...

Imagine the wife... because she wan marry... she dey do wife material... now that she don marry... she's showing her true colour... OP... if I were you... God forbid but if I were you... I go bad gan...

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 17, 2016
PrincessAnna:
How much is washing machine that you can't buy to save your marriage? 30 or 35k will get you small LG. I am with your wife on this, get her the washing machine.
c ders hw she will pt it, u self go reason am say na tru sha like 'honey, u knw we nid a washing machine' or 'baby pls lets gt a washing machine so it wld mke d work easier' nt giving me condition dat u wont wash my cloth again, c'mon is she my mom? for God sake self dis machine no dey wash cloth wel self. we av it here n I dnt use it self

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Jimmycrown: 8:12am On Jun 17, 2016
If you can avoid it. ..
Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Feranchek(m): 8:13am On Jun 17, 2016
Estharfabian:
I think she listened to Jennifer Lopez's hit song- I ain't your mama.

Lemme help with the lyrics-I Ain't gonna do your laundry, I ain't your mama.

PS--I think you imposed doing laundry on her. like You probably thought She's always gon be the one doing the laundry. You kept dumping clothes on her and she got pissed. it's tough love sweety. wink get THE fvcking machine or wash your clothes yourself.

OP, I think you might have gotten the fake wife material. Sometimes these materials look shinny when buying them, buh after just one wash, you see all the colors fade away and the true color of the material comes out cheesy cheesy You may seriously need some ORIGINAL Tye-and-die expert to help you with the colors again grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Uhm.... babe, I'm here again. What if I get you a washing machine, and do your assignment on your dp, will I have your number, BBM pin and Facebook ID
Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by PrincessAnna: 8:17am On Jun 17, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
c ders hw she will pt it, u self go reason am say na tru sha like 'honey, u knw we nid a washing machine' or 'baby pls lets gt a washing machine so it wld mke d work easier' nt giving me condition dat u wont wash my cloth again, c'mon is she my mom? for God sake self dis machine no dey wash cloth wel self. we av it here n I dnt use it self
Really washing machine no dey wash cloth well? you are very funnygrin I can't do without it my brothergrin when will Nigerians stop all this, a lady was telling it's wrong to use watching machine and that its not in our culture. I wash even my pants with it. Back then I resume work at 7 and return late so I get one that do the washing for me. I nor be robot
Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 17, 2016
PrincessAnna:
Really washing machine no dey wash cloth well? you are very funnygrin I can't do without it my brothergrin when will Nigerians stop all this, a lady was telling it's wrong to use watching machine and that its not in our culture. I wash even my pants with it. Back then I resume work at 7 and return late so I get one that do the washing for me. I nor be robot
your pants, seriously?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by UnknownT: 8:20am On Jun 17, 2016
Ultimatum! There is nothing wrong buying the machine but everything is wrong in she giving you an ultimatum. Dont buy any washing machine yet whether you have the money or not. Also, start washing your own clothes. Soon she may give you an ultimatum to buy gas cooker or she stops cooking with kerosene stove embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by PrincessAnna: 8:23am On Jun 17, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
your pants, seriously?
I dey joke before grin the only reason I can't do without light is my wm.
Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by alobright17(m): 8:25am On Jun 17, 2016
Hateu2 type of wife anywhere they enter you'll notice them.
Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 17, 2016
Feranchek:

OP, I think you might have gotten the fake wife material. Sometimes these materials look shinny when buying them, buh after just one wash, you see all the colors fade away and the true color of the material comes out cheesy cheesy You may seriously need some ORIGINAL Tye-and-die expert to help you with the colors again grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Uhm.... babe, I'm here again. What if I get you a washing machine, and do your assignment on your dp, will I have your number, BBM pin and Facebook ID
LoL. grin

if you're buying the WashingMachine. make sure you get someone who'd choose the Washing Circles, choose the right temperature, Separate stained clothes and whatnot. You think it's All about buying the Washing Machine?/tongue

LoL. what? My Assignment?shocked
Yea. please solve away!

Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Feranchek(m): 8:27am On Jun 17, 2016
Estharfabian:
LoL. grin

if you're buying the WashingMachine. make sure you get someone who'd choose the Washing Circles, choose the right temperature, Separate stained clothes and whatnot. You think it's All about buying the Washing Machine?/tongue

LoL. what? My Assignment?shocked
Yea. please solve away!

You still haven't answered my kwesion o0ooo
Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 17, 2016
Feranchek:

You still haven't answered my kwesion o0ooo
LoL. grin

Yes. I'll give you Everything You need.
Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by Feranchek(m): 8:30am On Jun 17, 2016
Estharfabian:
LoL. grin

Yes. I'll give you Everything You need.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

EVERYTHING I need??!!! Including...... shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by AuroraB(f): 8:33am On Jun 17, 2016
Okay, lemme get this. 'You want to buy it when the kids arrive' Seriously dude? You have to do your laundry. What do you take marriage for? Subservience from the woman? You better not think so undecided
So, it means even if the WM arrives, you can't load and run the (whole) laundry if she can't? With wetin PHCN dey show us, you gotta run it even if it's midnight sad
Better loosen up and enjoy your marriage.
Re: My Wife Sudden Change Of Attitude - Need Your Candid Advice by vezi4real: 8:35am On Jun 17, 2016
Brother, have u washed your clothes by yourself since she has been washing for you? my dear if she is no more ready to wash, let her be. it is either you get the washing machine for her or you wash your clothes yourself. Alternatively, get your clothes to a dry cleaner and save yourself the stress. Was washing your clothes the reason you married her? By the way who iron the clothes after washing? well my wife washes for me but I iron so I choose to take my clothes to a dry cleaner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Slept With My Step Mum And Now She Is Pregnant" - 21-year-old Man / Shakira, 45, 'very Angry' After Ex Gerard Pique Went Public With New Girlfriend / Another Nigerian Girl Shows Off Her Massive Boobs On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.