Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,471 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking (6619 Views)

Ngozi: Islamic Banking Is Ok / Stanbic IBTC Gets Licence For Islamic Banking Operations In Nigeria / Putting Sanusi's Islamic Banking In Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by naijaking1: 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2009
Xavier.:

I dont have beefs with the individual called, Sanusi, infact i admire him. But i get uncomfortable when i see the workings of a devious plan with the sole intent of disrupting the little economic vibrancy this country has.

The whole economy of Southern Nigeria evolves round the banking industry. Telecomm coys are booming cause bankers are calling, clothing stores on the Island, Cinemas, private schools everything revolves round the banking industry.

Nothing kills banking faster than bad press. Banking is all about perception, so when the suppossed No. 1 banker in the indusrty starts labelling banks as sick i get really worried.

You hit the nail on the head.

There should be no room for militant banking, I mean, where a CBN governor sees himself as a political tool to right any percieved or imagined wrong his people might have surffered.
At the end of the day, we should hold Yar'dua accountable.

Who "appointed" Yar'dua again?
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by citizenY(m): 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2009
Some people have formed the habit of exhibiting ignorance and prejudice
in this forum and it is not good for healthy discourse. Every matter that comes
up must is immediately turned into a north/south muslim / christian debate and exchange
of words and this eventually over takes the topic.

Can"t we ever envisage somebody coming up to work solely for the good of this country?
Views are like a.ss holes we all have them but i think others have these holes all over including their foreheads,and brains.

If they were truly champions of their religions or ethnic groups or professions for that matter, why were they not appointed to head the CBN? Banking has been bastardized in this country and people are pontificating. Your money is working against you ten times over. You are holding the wrong end of the stick and these fat cat bank managers and brief case shunting businessmen are having a field day.

With these revelations, can you imagine what has been happening in the Nigerian Stock Exchange where these guys have been exchanging batons under the supervision o of the godmother of them all , MADAM oBAMA tRANSCORP?
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by tarano: 5:33pm On Sep 02, 2009
Islamic or no islamic banking if Nigerians are going to be the managers and employees , anything can happen,
I have said it again and again it is not the system that is wrong but the people that do not exhibit the right character,
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by muhsin(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2009
tarano:

Islamic or no islamic banking if Nigerians are going to be the managers and employees , anything can happen,
I have said it again and again it is not the system that is wrong but the people that do not exhibit the right character,

'Yar Adua should employ a foreign governor for CBN?
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by nagoma(m): 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2009
As long as every discussion will end up in tribal jingos we can never progress. Malasia is 60% Muslim 30% Chinese (buddhist) and 10% Indians (Hindus) . They have passed these stages of ethnic ity and are in all assessments a developed coutry now. I wonder when we will grow up and believe that all our problems are not because of the other tribe who have not one good person among them - and that our own tribe is made up of all saints, cry the beloved country. sad angry
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by HIROSHI: 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2009
Sincerely, I kind of think MR Crackles displayed personal Islamic bias. He was very passionate about this ISLAMIC banking thing probably for parochial reasons. And coming from someone who has always tongue lashed Christian leaders.

This is my personal opinion though.
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by Lagosboy: 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2009
HIROSHI:

Sincerely, I kind of think MR Crackles displayed personal Islamic bias. He was very passionate about this ISLAMIC banking thing probably for parochial reasons. And coming from someone who has always tongue lashed Christian leaders.

This is my personal opinion though.

Why single out a person and personify the issue at stake.

Bank bosses allegedly mismanged peoples money and they are facing the music , how on earth as this got to do with muslim or christian issue. The debtors are muslims and as well christians, northerners and as well southerners lets live above religious and tribal bias.
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by sley4life(m): 8:00am On Sep 03, 2009
why
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 03, 2009
still no one is yet to give me an example of a country that has practised islamic banking in the last 30years that has now as a result become a financial for the rest of the world.
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by citizenY(m): 11:35am On Sep 03, 2009
To some extent,Banking is just like insurance, GTB or First Bank, Royal Exchange or Crusader.
I really do not see why there is a lot of aggression against Islamic Banking, after all many people
patronised the wonder banks in Ibadan and such places. Put your money where your mouth ( read GREED grin grin grin grin) is and keep your powder dry.

All this whining and prejudice will take us nowhere. We need solutions to the greed of our trusted ones (Bankers , politicians and businessmen) and relief from anywhere is welcome. The present system is not reliable and we all know the origin of this banking system, please these prejudiced people are making reasonable debate on this matter impossible.

Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by salinco(m): 11:57am On Sep 03, 2009
Education in its broadest sense is any act or experience that has a formative effect on the mind, character or physical ability of an individual. In its technical sense education is the process by which society deliberately transmits its accumulated knowledge, skills and values from one generation to another.

However any educated person should try as much as possible to update themselves on the meaning of banking, significance, system and must especially the origin of global meltdown. People should stop fighting but educate ourself. The present banking system is not reliable.

I presumed strongly that the advantage of Islamic Banking cannot be over-emphasis. Although I still think their should be clean competitions among banks. The Islam bank should be allow to operate and supported by necessary agent. Imagine the interest rate in the country today; some even collect about 100% on loans and advances. Religion apart the banking system in Nigeria is very bad and not encouraging.
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by GeorgeD1(m): 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2009
yeah, the hidden agenda!
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by blkmum700: 3:59am On Sep 04, 2009
why are you guys just distoping yourself about islamic banking,

I just had the man on tv says he doesnt have plan to sell the banks to any islamic banking,so why distubing yourselfs about it.
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by azras: 10:21am On Sep 04, 2009
It always good to be objective in the way we react or criticize issue that has to do with d collective interest of d nation rather being sentimental. The questions are:
Has he pronounced islamic banking?
He was formerly boss in First Bank, is there any record for such?
Let us allow this guy to sanitize our banks that are almost turn into leafless institution if u're one of the beneficiary of the evil perpetrated by banks' MDs and Excos pls, think of others.
I will personally advise people dat are contributing on nairaland to face reality and listen to intelligent nigerian scholars on the media who reason carefully and make diligent contributions without any equivocation.
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by GeorgeD1(m): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2009
we're not decieved!
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by pcicero(m): 12:23am On Sep 05, 2009
He has said it before and he's saying it again. The idiot should be told that he's holding a sensitive post. I'm not just comfortable with that appellation. When Soludo was talking of re-denomination, the aboki Bureau the Change operators ganged up and the idea was dropped as being untimely.
Soludo also removed the arabic inscriptions on our naira notes as if the whole country is Islamic Republic of Nigeria, the stupid fools cried that arabic was the only language their boko haram masses could understand.
It's a shame that this Sanusi is imposing his ultra-conservative hausa- fulani hegemony on us.
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by Nobody: 2:55am On Sep 05, 2009
I was reading a lot of the earlier comments here talking about western countries now actively going into islamic banking . . . how ignorant can people be?

the west is going into islamic banking NOT BECAUSE IT HAS ANY ECONOMIC BENEFITS but because they desperately need the billions from the rich sheikhs in the middle east. If conning them with islamic banking is the way to go then you bet they will start it.

How many islamic banks is the US or Germany planning for their own citizens? If islamic banking is so good why is the financial empire of the world still in the west and asia?
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by elbulk(m): 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2009
Has nothing to do with ISLAMISING Nigeria, I'm a christian and work with an investment company, and can tell you its a good initiative, its just banking people, Let Sanusi do his job cos i know if allowed he'll do well, look @ his track records have u heard anything about him mixing his religion with his jobPls let him be,
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by elbulk(m): 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2009
Has nothing to do with ISLAMISING Nigeria, I'm a christian and work with an investment company, and can tell you its a good initiative, its just banking people, Let Sanusi do his job cos i know if allowed he'll do well, look @ his track records have u heard anything about him mixing his religion with his jobPls let him be,
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by elbulk(m): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjWeiQiX6IA she's hoooooooooooooooooooooooot

Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2009
davidylan:

I was reading a lot of the earlier comments here talking about western countries now actively going into islamic banking . . . how ignorant can people be?

the west is going into islamic banking NOT BECAUSE IT HAS ANY ECONOMIC BENEFITS but because they desperately need the billions from the rich sheikhs in the middle east. If conning them with islamic banking is the way to go then you bet they will start it.

How many islamic banks is the US or Germany planning for their own citizens? If islamic banking is so good why is the financial empire of the world still in the west and asia?

I have been asking that same question for two weeks, nobody has provided a credible answer

Someone should give us an example of a country that has practiced Islamic Banking in the last 30years that is now the Financial Empire of the world better than New York and London.

I am yet to get an answer.!!!!!

Still waiting but will not hold my breadth
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 08, 2009
simple, dis guy jus want nigerians to start a war.and its not like he dosent kno dat nigerians are religiously sensitive.Islamic banking.d funi thin is dat yar adua will jus sit and be mopin.i don tire but naija we go survive sha. undecided
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by Seun(m): 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2009
Moved to money section.
Re: Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking by GeorgeD1(m): 11:14am On Sep 09, 2009
ok, roger that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Lauds BON Hotels On Home-grown Skills In Nigerian Hospitality Sector / My everlasting appreciateion to Joy and other person God knows / Withdrawing Less Than #5000 From Your Bet9ja Account Made Easy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.