Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Should I Hold On Or Just Move On - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Hold On Or Just Move On (6233 Views)

Am I Foolishly In Love Or Just Over-reacting? / Should I Hold On Or Break Up? / Should I Hold On Or Let Go? Help!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by sweerychick(f): 11:22am On Jun 18, 2016
Laveda:
Babe you're the one in this not us. smiley

How long are you gonna endure the pains?
Do you think he'll change?
Ever thought about the sudden change of attitude?

I think you shouldn't continue enduring pains all cause of 'first love' hey look out, there are better men out there, you can't keep going through all that..

But at the end it's up to you, make the right choice, you the one wearing the shoe you know where it hurts. smiley
thanks babe
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by sweerychick(f): 11:23am On Jun 18, 2016
abbeyology88:
Sweetheart, you have a beautiful future ahead of you. That guy in question does not love you anymore. That's how we (guys) behave when we want to drop out of it. And who said you can't find a better guy? I bet you when the right guy comes your way, you would even regret knowing this guy you call you Love right now. The issue you're having is that he his the one who deflowered you and to me, that's you first love. Na so e dey do person.
My dear, pls, MOVE ON and enjoy life.
Tip: try hanging out with your friends and play a lot wit them, that will help you get your boiling heart cool and forget worries.
*wink*
thanks

1 Like

Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by sweerychick(f): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2016
Largas:
How do you know you won't find a better lover when you have not even tried.

The worst thing a man can do to you is to assault you. If he refuses to change why don't you continue your education and enjoy your life day after day, you may not know when you have moved on and VOILA, your Mr Right will come.

Goodluck
you don't understand, it's painful to let go
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by sweerychick(f): 11:26am On Jun 18, 2016
Starlet50:
Initially,I wanted to dismiss this thread as another useless nairaland relationship stories but the 'deflowering' part held me spellbound(I can relate to something like that).First love(sweet love) perfect and bright and it always seems to be the best thing that can ever happen to you.In my own opinion,maybe (1)he's trying to focus on his career and he wouldn't want u to finish sch and get married to a poor nigga so he's hustling (2)He's jst staying around so no other guy can have you.yeah dat stupid idea of keeping a wife material girlfriend while messing around wit other girls jst to go back to her when he's ready for marriage. (3)He's done with u and he doesn't want to tell u.Probably,because he doesn't want u to start crying about dat he broke ur heart.Ask his friend more about this.My Advice:Leave him,if he really wants u,he will come looking for u,not the other way round.The only reason u feel attached to him is because he's ur first love and he deflowered u.But make no mistake,u will neva love another guy the way u love him.Trust me I've been there.
sure
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by sweerychick(f): 11:27am On Jun 18, 2016
njiasi30:
My dear, it hurts when u love s/o and he does nt luv u in return. U re hurting urself D more by trying to force urself on him. It's obvious he does nt luv u, d hand writing is clear so move on with ur life.

Never chase luv, if it isn't given freely, it isn't worth having. I Pray u find s/o dat is far more better Dan him. Cheer up grin
smiley
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 18, 2016
sweerychick:

Then you can remain in the relationship and become his punching bag.
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by sweerychick(f): 11:29am On Jun 18, 2016
MissMercedes:

Please, move on! His attitude towards you shows he has lost interest.

He has also shown signs of violence, that's the Green Light for you to leave! What makes you think he'll change? Today, it's a slap... Tomorrow, he's throwing you down the stairs.

Leave him.
he's not violent. Just a misunderstanding gone wrong
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by sweerychick(f): 11:32am On Jun 18, 2016
nsiazu:
cry@sweerychick I know why you don't wanna leave him and I'm 100% sure.
1. Its because he deflowered you and you lost your virginity that's why you can't let go.
2. You have realized that he loved you before but after he has seen all your body and used you he no longer likes it again because he has had sex with you and wants something new now.
3. Don't force yourself on him again. Its a lesson to other girls reading this that 99% of guys that have a virgin girlfriend will do same if you allow them have sex with you.
4. No guy is worth your virginity except your husband because he has sworn and paid your bride price.
5. You have to move on @sweerychick. Leave him and move on. Don't force yourself on any guy that comes again and don't have sex again until you are married. You are now a virgin from today if you can make this decision.
6. Start to love your religion. if Christian, love Jesus Christ and if Muslim love your religion too. That's the way you will see he will leave your mind.
7. I hope I've helped someone. Remember @sweerychick Jesus Christ loves you more than anyone on earth.
thanks I appreciate
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by ednut1(m): 11:47am On Jun 18, 2016
bros don meet better babe nd moved on. when ur parents nd d bible tell u not to fornicate its cos of things lik dis. accept u hv been used nd dumped
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 18, 2016
sweerychick:

What?! A misunderstanding? Really?! Well, each time you have a misunderstanding, then brace yourself for a beating.
I dated someone like that, a while back... there were various excuses for each beating... "I don't know what came over me", "I wasn't in my right senses", "you know I'm hot tempered", "it won't happen again"... The greatest mistake I made was, believing he would change, cos he got worse.

No man should lay his hands on a woman (and vice versa) for any reason, whatsoever.

My dear, there are still some good men out there, if you're patient enough. This guy has no respect or value for you, so why stick around?
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
sweerychick:

Please, tell me you're kidding.

There are no valid reasons on God's good earth, that excuse a man physically abusing a woman. This guy won't change, you may feel if you marry him, you'll be the one to tame the beast. I can assure you, it'll only get worse.

I would advice you to leave this guy, before he maims, or even kills you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by Allisonrichy(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
sweerychick:
Okay, this is my first appearance as a nairalander, I normally visit this site as a guest, but due to my pressing issue I had to do a quick registration to seek advice from mature minds only.
I've been in a relationship with this guy whom is my first love, for close to 4yrs now, I met him in university when I was a fresher, and he was in his finals then, he's tall (6ft, 3), chocolate skinned, and really good looking. Not that I was attracted to him because of his physical appearance, but he has a heart of gold, very caring, understanding and always there for me when I needed him. He was the one that deflowered me. Anyways soon after his Nysc in Oyo state 2013, by then I was in my 2nd year, he told me that he would love to marry me, that I am all that he desires, with all his sweet words, I accepted but on the condition that he allow me finish school, and do my NYSC, he agreed. Things were really moving on fine for us both until 2014 when he got a job with zenith bank, I noticed a lot had changed in him, he doesn't call me as he used to, he hardly pick up my calls. Sometimes when I request for us to see he'll give me a thousand and one excuses for us not to see, sometimes his phones would be switched off for days, and when I finally get to reach him, he'll tell me that he's busy that I should call he him later. When I get to call him later he will make our conversation so brief, not up to a min, sometimes 30 seconds. One day I was able to confront him at his place, and asked him why he's treating me this way he apologised to me and telling me that I know that his work is very demanding, bank stress and all that coupled with his family ( he's the first child and his father is late) he's taking care of his mum and siblings. I accepted all that excuses, then later that day he told me that I should go back to school that he's expecting one of his cousin, I asked him which of his cousins he said that it's not my business, that I should just go, I insisted to stay because I'm in my boyfriends house and your cousin will understand, instead he got angry and for the first time he slapped and assaulted me, I cried and left the house, his friend saw me later that night and I explained everything to him, he said okay he'll talk to my boyfriend. My boyfriend in question didn't call me untill after 4days, he sent me a text message, telling me sorry, then afterwards he called me. I refused picking up his calls, then he sent his friend to mediate on his behalf. When I finally saw him (my boyfriend) he told me that he's so sorry about what he did, and promised for it not to happen again. I chose to forgive him under the condition that he will try and change, which he hasn't, he still does the same thing to me till now, even worse. I'm tired of his nonsense, and I really want to move on, but one mind is telling me to stay. I really love this guy and I don't know how my world would be if I loose him... Please advice me on what to do.. I don't think I can love any other person the way I love him..

Mods please fp.
Lol
A friend of mine always said that what ever negativity that happens in marriage today must have flashed itself while both parties were still dating
My dear I really can't tell u dat your BF is cheating on u oh but I have that feeling he is cheating on you that's why it seems he doesn't care about you anymore
But my own concern is that aspect of him raising his hand to hit and assault u
My dear for the fact he has started doing it while u both are still dating believe me dear it will definitely get worse when u two get married
I'm a guy and God forbid I raise my hand to hit any girl God will bless me with as my GF
I won't tell you to leave him
But I'll advise you to do what u think is best and right for you
You hold the key to your feature remember
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
sweerychick:

I understand, I really do. You love the guy. But, he doesn't love you, he's weak, and he vents his inadequacies as a man, by beating you. You're better than that.

You need to be strong, and get out of this abusive relationship, show him you're stronger. You owe yourself that.
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
Starlet50:
Initially,I wanted to dismiss this thread as another useless nairaland relationship stories but the 'deflowering' part held me spellbound(I can relate to something like that).First love(sweet love) perfect and bright and it always seems to be the best thing that can ever happen to you.In my own opinion,maybe (1)he's trying to focus on his career and he wouldn't want u to finish sch and get married to a poor nigga so he's hustling (2)He's jst staying around so no other guy can have you.yeah dat stupid idea of keeping a wife material girlfriend while messing around wit other girls jst to go back to her when he's ready for marriage. (3)He's done with u and he doesn't want to tell u.Probably,because he doesn't want u to start crying about dat he broke ur heart.Ask his friend more about this.My Advice:Leave him,if he really wants u,he will come looking for u,not the other way round.The only reason u feel attached to him is because he's ur first love and he deflowered u.But make no mistake,u will neva love another guy the way u love him.Trust me I've been there.

I beg your pardon! Kindly elaborate on that. Are you saying that because he deflowered her?
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by mashnino(m): 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
sweerychick:
he only did it once outta anger, and I don't really blame him cos I was really stubborn that day and wanted to create a scene, because he was driving me nuts. besides he hasn't assaulted me again, except for his non charlatan and uncaring attitude towards me, which I'm sick and tired of. I just wish things could be the same with both of us as it used to be before he got his job

It will be hard for things to come back to normal

Instead the relationship has to change shape

It can't go back to the way it use to be

There are new factors in play now and the fact that he is that busy won't even allow his mind wander around emotions

Except he loves you to the moon and back

One thing i know is, when a man loves you, nothing can make him not show it

So maybe give him little space
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
sweerychick:
he only did it once outta anger, and I don't really blame him cos I was really stubborn that day and wanted to create a scene, because he was driving me nuts. besides he hasn't assaulted me again, except for his non charlatan and uncaring attitude towards me, which I'm sick and tired of. I just wish things could be the same with both of us as it used to be before he got his job

So that justifies his actions? If I had continued to make excuses for my ex, maybe I'd be dead by now.
Of course, he hasn't assaulted you again. Not yet, anyway. But do you really want to wait around for another occurrence?

Oh well, the choice is yours. You're the one in the relationship with him. Stay with him... leave him... whatever you decide, I hope you'd be happy at the end of the day.
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by mashnino(m): 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
MissMercedes:

So that justifies his actions? If I had continued to make excuses for my ex, maybe I'd be dead by now.
Of course, he hasn't assaulted you again. Not yet, anyway. But do you really want to wait around for another occurrence?

Oh well, the choice is yours. You're the one in the relationship with him. Stay with him... leave him... whatever you decide, I hope you'd be happy at the end of the day.

OP

She has said it all
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by sweerychick(f): 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
MissMercedes:

I understand you, and I can never be in an abusive relationship, what I meant is that it was an isolated incident, cos he warned me not to push him to the wall that the day, I dared him even to the extent of holding his clothes for him not to leave my presence, I think that was what infuriated him more, and he lost his temper and assaulted me, by slapping me and pushing me aside. He started weeping afterwards, when I left the house crying. He was begging me to come back but I didn't. My anger was that he waited for 4days before putting a call across me.
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
sweerychick:
I understand you, and I can never be in an abusive relationship, what I meant is that it was an isolated incident, cos he warned me not to push him to the wall that the day, I dared him even to the extent of holding his clothes for him not to leave my presence, I think that was what infuriated him more, and he lost his temper and assaulted me, by slapping me and pushing me aside. He started weeping afterwards, when I left the house crying. He was begging me to come back but I didn't. My anger was that he waited for 4days before putting a call across me.

You are STILL blaming yourself?! I can't count the number of times my mother has provoked my dad. As crazy as he is, all he does is walk away. They may not speak for a while, but for as long as I can remember, as short tempered as my dad is, he NEVER hit her. Not once!

If your man can't put his emotions in check, then you're in for a mess in the long run. Do you really want to put yourself through all of that, when, somewhere out there, there is someone waiting to worship the ground you walk on?

My dear, you can never fully recover from such experiences. It's been over 3 years now, and the scars are still there, emotionally, and physically.

Follow your heart, but take your brain along with you.

All the best! smiley
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by Starlet50(m): 1:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
MissMercedes:

I beg your pardon! Kindly elaborate on that. Are you saying that because he deflowered her?

Not really,bt think about the degree of trust,she will never trust another guy like dat.And what's love without trust.Most importantly,she has lost her innocence and her next bf will av to do more than telling her 'I love u' to prove his love for her because she will surely av it at the back of her mind dat he may do the same thing her ex did and she should be careful not to rush into another relationship.(she will never be committed to her new relationship).

Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by omonighoblessing(f): 1:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
ArinzeAlec:
Dude apparently looks like he has moved on. Clearly distance yourself from him for the while. Dont be available to him always. Form busy with your lectures too. Then, If the brother asks you to see him, tell him you cant with flamzy excuse. Then watch him razzle for your love baby girl. If you get done with him, you can hit my DM.
after trying this option and it dosent still work.my sister take a walk .it's worse when u are the one trying to keep the relationship. u will regret it.So take a walk when its early.I have learnt never to begg a guy for a second chance or to keep a relationship.

1 Like

Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
Starlet50:

Not really,bt think about the degree of trust,she will never trust another guy like dat.And what's love without trust.Most importantly,she has lost her innocence and her next bf will av to do more than telling her 'I love u' to prove his love for her because she will surely av it at the back of her mind dat he may do the same thing her ex did and she should be careful not to rush into another relationship.(she will never be committed to her new relationship).

I understand exactly what you're saying. It's going to be hard to trust again. But, that doesn't mean she can't. When she meets the right person, everything will fall into place. It's a gradual process. That's why it's best she leaves him ASAP!
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by lumzybo: 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
It's obvious the op doesn't wanna leave Oga banker.

Best advice has been given I gat ntin more to say. Just like some1 said, "follow ur hrt but take ur brain with u"
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
It's better you move on. This guy is never gonna change.
Jesus is beside you knocking on the door.
Open the door and let him into your heart.

HE WON'T DISAPPOINT YOU

1 Like

Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by sweerychick(f): 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
MissMercedes:

You are STILL blaming yourself?! I can't count the number of times my mother has provoked my dad. As crazy as he is, all he does is walk away. They may not speak for a while, but for as long as I can remember, as short tempered as my dad is, he NEVER hit her. Not once!

If your man can't put his emotions in check, then you're in for a mess in the long run. Do you really want to put yourself through all of that, when, somewhere out there, there is someone waiting to worship the ground you walk on?

My dear, you can never fully recover from such experiences. It's been over 3 years now, and the scars are still there, emotionally, and physically.

Follow your heart, but take your brain along with you.

All the best! smiley
thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by LePrezident(m): 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
Lady I'll tell you this just once. Leave him and don't go back. He'll learn his lessons and become a better person. Don't go back even if he promises to turn a better leaf. See if you don't do it now, it'll (not Might. It'll be) too late.

1 Like

Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by sweerychick(f): 12:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
LePrezident:
Lady I'll tell you this just once. Leave him and don't go back. He'll learn his lessons and become a better person. Don't go back even if he promises to turn a better leaf. See if you don't do it now, it'll (not Might. It'll be) too late.
thanks
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by sweerychick(f): 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
lilyqueen:
It's better you move on. This guy is never gonna change.
Jesus is beside you knocking on the door.
Open the door and let him into your heart.

HE WON'T DISAPPOINT YOU
thanks I appreciate your advice
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
sweerychick:
thanks I appreciate your advice
You are welcome

1 Like

Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by BoboFashion(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
sweerychick:
Okay, this is my first appearance as a nairalander, I normally visit this site as a guest, but due to my pressing issue I had to do a quick registration to seek advice from mature minds only.
I've been in a relationship with this guy whom is my first love, for close to 4yrs now, I met him in university when I was a fresher, and he was in his finals then, he's tall (6ft, 3), chocolate skinned, and really good looking. Not that I was attracted to him because of his physical appearance, but he has a heart of gold, very caring, understanding and always there for me when I needed him. He was the one that deflowered me. Anyways soon after his Nysc in Oyo state 2013, by then I was in my 2nd year, he told me that he would love to marry me, that I am all that he desires, with all his sweet words, I accepted but on the condition that he allow me finish school, and do my NYSC, he agreed. Things were really moving on fine for us both until 2014 when he got a job with zenith bank, I noticed a lot had changed in him, he doesn't call me as he used to and he hardly pick up my own calls. Sometimes when I request for us to see he'll give me a thousand and one excuses for us not to see, sometimes his phones would be switched off for days, and when I finally get to reach him, he'll tell me that he's busy that I should call him later. When I call him later he will make our conversation so brief, not up to a min, sometimes 30 seconds. One day I was able to confront him at his place, and asked him why he's treating me this way he apologised to me and told me that I know that his work is very demanding, bank stress and all that coupled with his family ( he's the first child and his father is late) he's taking care of his mum and siblings. I accepted all that excuses, then later that day he told me that I should go back to school that he's expecting one of his cousin, I asked him which of his cousins he said that it's not my business, that I should just go, I insisted to stay because I'm in my boyfriends house and your cousin will understand, instead he got angry and for the first time he slapped and assaulted me, I cried and left the house, his friend saw me later that night and I explained everything to him, he said okay he'll talk to my boyfriend. My boyfriend in question didn't call me untill after 4days, he sent me a text message, telling me sorry, then afterwards he called me. I refused picking up his calls, then he sent his friend to mediate on his behalf. When I finally saw him (my boyfriend) he told me that he's so sorry about what he did, and promised for it not to happen again. I chose to forgive him under the condition that he will try and change, which he hasn't, he still does the same thing to me till now, even worse. I'm tired of his nonsense, and I really want to move on, but one mind is telling me to stay. I really love this guy and I don't know how my world would be if I loose him... Please advice me on what to do.. I don't think I can love any other person the way I love him.

Matured advice please

Move on,he's seeing another person. Thanks
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by abbeyology88(m): 4:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
sweerychick:
thanks
You welcome dear.
Re: Should I Hold On Or Just Move On by byvan03: 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
Please forget this first love nonsense and move on. Don't waste your time hanging onto nothing when there are amazing people out there you could meet. Let go, be good, nature takes care of the good believe it or not.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Look What Was Spotted In This Lady’s Handbag. (photo) / Why Do Girls Download Badoo App But Dont Want To Have Sex / Top 6 Dirtiest Body Parts That We Never Thought Were Dirty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.