Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs (4088 Views)

Ankio Briggs Visits Nnamdi Kanu (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Meets Ankio Briggs. / Ankio Briggs Blasts Niger Delta Avengers, Says Members From Somalia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by Tokt: 7:49am On Jun 18, 2016
PAINGAIN:
and again you chose to attack the messenger and not the message

When u have located a confirmed hypocrite, even if his or her message is from heaven such will be viewed with utmost caution. She said two core things.
1) confab report..... The General already told Nigerians before he became president that he won't implement. We heard him and still voted for him. This simply means the vast majority of Nigerians simply don't want it implemented. This is no brainer.
2) ND emancipation........ She can come and kiss my arse. Truly and indeed this is needed and already Buhari is doing something as regards clean up. The desired sincerity we never saw in the Otuooke bastard. We don't need a hypocritical "She-tompolo" to remind us of the region problems.

2 Likes

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by Ojiofor: 7:50am On Jun 18, 2016
terrorist f00lanis are from Libya-Buhari.
NDA are not Ijaw could even be Libyans too-Briggs.

1 Like

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by PassingShot(m): 7:52am On Jun 18, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Forget the soundbit, the illegal mining is still on course and has never been interrupted.

Four year from now, it will still be on the drawing board until a time the resources from the south are dried up and one Nigeria becomes unattractive to Northern Oligarchy.

Illegal activities abound in every sector of the economy. Illegal oil bunkering, despite all efforts to stop it, has not been successfully stopped.

Illegal mining/bunkering does not equate to someone claiming they have exclusive right to crude oil or gold that is found in their domain. No way! It's our collective, God-given wealth.

2 Likes

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 18, 2016
Ojiofor:
terrorist f00lanis are from Libya-Buhari.
NDA are not Ijaw could even be Libyans too-Briggs.
NDA are from Latin America: Venezuela grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by nonjebose(m): 7:59am On Jun 18, 2016
galadima77:
I'm a notherner but i hate d fact that d ownership of oil blocks is dominated by d north... Something doesn't feel right about that.
This is the kind of northerner that has conscience. Sorry for the embarrassment moderate and sensible ones like you are subjected to by the greedy elite

2 Likes

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by OjukwuWarBird: 8:04am On Jun 18, 2016
PassingShot:
I know PMB will try to balance oil well allocation in the next exercise for such.

However, crude oil, just like any other natural resource, found in anywhere in Nigeria belongs to us all.

It is our collective wealth (oyel).

YORUBA grin

Lagos is No Man's Land

2 Likes

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by PassingShot(m): 8:05am On Jun 18, 2016
OjukwuWarBird:

YORUBA grin

Lagos is No Man's Land
If it makes you happy and fulfilled.

grin

1 Like

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 18, 2016
OjukwuWarBird:

YORUBA grin

Lagos is No Man's Land
shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by Ojiofor: 8:07am On Jun 18, 2016
quid:

NDA are from Latin America: Venezuela grin grin grin

Our gallant soldiers that only knows how to kill unarmed civilians,babies and women should go to Venezuela in search of NDA.

2 Likes

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 18, 2016
Ojiofor:

Our gallant soldiers that only knows how to kill unarmed civilians,babies and women should go to Venezuela in search of NDA.
Supported grin grin
Lazy and incompetent gallant soldiers of the Nigerian Army

4 Likes

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by freeze001(f): 8:13am On Jun 18, 2016
bejeiodus:
This woman needs to be listened to. She seems to have a profound understanding of the challenges in the Niger Delta. She can be made an adviser or a member of a committee set up by the government to seek an end to the crisis in the Niger Delta. Like she rightly said, fiscal federalism holds the key to solving our multi--faceted problems. We can't continue to pretend that all is well with Nigeria. The centrifugal forces threatening to pull this country apart may one day become too strong to be restrained.

It is better for her to remain independent of government influence. This government will stifle her or try to neutralise her effectiveness. Any advice they need they already have more than enough. I'm sure she won't even accept any such dirty appointment.

To stop d agitation, they should implement CONFAB report, fiscal federalism and resource control. There's no negotiation necessary at all.

2 Likes

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by cocoduck: 8:14am On Jun 18, 2016
PassingShot:
I know PMB will try to balance oil well allocation in the next exercise for such.

However, crude oil, just like any other natural resource, found in anywhere in Nigeria belongs to us all.

na lie, you people are all thieves, ndi ohi oil, the gold in sokoto abi Maiduguri, does it also belong to us all? Your people mine it and sell and pocket 100% of the proceeds, you come hear dey yab oil. Ohi du kwaa GI n'onu.

6 Likes

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by bonechamberlain(m): 8:22am On Jun 18, 2016
adamooye:

You have forgotten that Dangote and SLS are both from same Kano i will not mention people like Dantata and co. Go learn about the North
who made them Nigeria, who made Nigeria Niger Delta. Those billionaires you mentioned or about to enjoy monopoly from all successive Nigerian govt they won't survive in a competitive environment.

1 Like

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by freeze001(f): 8:22am On Jun 18, 2016
mrvitalis:
First of all all land belong to the federal government (that's the constitution)

The North can't claim Niger Delta oil that's foolishness, just as Niger Deltans can't claim the farm lands in the North
But it doesn't mean that a northern can't invest in Niger Delta oil (every body with money can, all human race).. .. just as me as an igbo man can acquire 200,000 hectares of land in the North and farm on it if I have the money and the interest
To produce oil from a well u need to invest atleast $500 million and a group of people invest that or more to build infrastructure to produce oil... sale give ur government there 55% and use the remaining to pay staffs and the rest and even still pay ur chiefs and now u want them to just hand it over to you cos it's ur oil??
How will u feel, going to the north to farm and after farming the youth set ur farms on fire and ask u to leave or the burn the whole farms
Let's get this things straight

For burning down investments of Southerners particularly Igbos in the North, that has always been happening especially when they're on an ethnic cleansing spree as is always d case due to their intolerance. Otherwise how do u explain shops and buildings owned by Igbos that have been destroyed and some have had to abandon their investments and flee if their lives weren't even snuffed out as is the case with some others? Why will Kano State destroy millions of investments in alcohol for sale in Sabon Gari areas known to be for non-muslims?

If destroying d investment of northerners in oil down south will balance the equation and bring sanity to Nigeria then it's 100% welcome!

1 Like

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by freeze001(f): 8:24am On Jun 18, 2016
PassingShot:

You know he will try? When common appointments he has refused to balance it's this one they are prepared to annihilate all Southerners for that he will balance? Reduce hypocrisy please!

4 Likes

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by Ojiofor: 8:29am On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=quid post=46679887]
Supported grin grin
Lazy and incompetent gallant soldiers of the Nigerian Army[/quote

GBAM!]
Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by nonjebose(m): 8:41am On Jun 18, 2016
PassingShot:

Illegal activities abound in every sector of the economy. Illegal oil bunkering, despite all efforts to stop it, has not been successfully stopped.

Illegal mining/bunkering does not equate to someone claiming they have exclusive right to crude oil or gold that is found in their domain. No way! It's our collective, God-given wealth.

You don't get the point. Illegal mining activities are not taken seriously by the state. How many arrest have been made? Compare this with the seriousness NSCDC and the navy attach to apprehending oil bunkerers. Federal and state govts only pay lip service to any other natural resources found in their domain. For how long will this continue
Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by MrPresident1: 9:21am On Jun 18, 2016
According to UNCLOS United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, a nations Exclusive Economic Zone extends 200miles into the seat from its coast, in the area she has exclusive rights to all the economic resources in that area.

The size of a country's EEZ is NOT DEPENDENT on the nation's land mass, but on the lenght of its coast line, and starting from its shore to 200miles into the sea, the nation has exclusive rights to resource exploitation including fish, natural and mineral resources. In 2013 or thereabout, the United Nations accepted to extend Nigeria's EEZ by another 150miles, so Nigeria has an EEZ 350 miles to the sea, it is part of the country's territory.

That the north has 72% of Nigeria's land mass does not in anyway influence the size of its EEZ. That argument is fatally flawed, EEZ is dependent on length of coast line.

1 Like

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by HurtgenForest: 9:30am On Jun 18, 2016
Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by HurtgenForest: 9:33am On Jun 18, 2016
PassingShot:
[s]I know PMB will try to balance oil well allocation in the next exercise for such.

It is our collective wealth (oyel)[/s].

But you keep asking us to leave lagos that it belongs to Yorubas.
Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by AlPeter: 9:56am On Jun 18, 2016
quid:
he is right you know. Jonathan was an opportunity the SS lost.
Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 18, 2016
AlPeter:
he is right you know. Jonathan was an opportunity the SS lost.
Agreed.
GEJ had many betrayers from other regions, they never allowed him to work
Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by AlPeter: 10:05am On Jun 18, 2016
mrvitalis:
First of all all land belong to the federal government (that's the constitution)

The North can't claim Niger Delta oil that's foolishness, just as Niger Deltans can't claim the farm lands in the North
But it doesn't mean that a northern can't invest in Niger Delta oil (every body with money can, all human race).. .. just as me as an igbo man can acquire 200,000 hectares of land in the North and farm on it if I have the money and the interest
To produce oil from a well u need to invest atleast $500 million and a group of people invest that or more to build infrastructure to produce oil... sale give ur government there 55% and use the remaining to pay staffs and the rest and even still pay ur chiefs and now u want them to just hand it over to you cos it's ur oil??
How will u feel, going to the north to farm and after farming the youth set ur farms on fire and ask u to leave or the burn the whole farms
Bros thanks a lot am from the SS and I have spent some time in the North I know of people from the SS who are into Big time Real Estate Business in the North and this people have always made it clear they are not leaving the North due to the huge amounts they have invested there. Same thing is almost playing out here. If this is pursued to an extent expect the North to turn on Southerners and there investments up there and we all know how much of an extremists they are.
Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by Truthfulm(m): 10:10am On Jun 18, 2016
Nigeria is over due for restructuring. Implementation of the confab report will greatly reduce many agitations for succession.
Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by AlPeter: 10:17am On Jun 18, 2016
quid:

Agreed.
GEJ had many betrayers from other regions, they never allowed him to work
Betrayers? Dude he was incompetent if he couldn't handle those he has authority over. There are betrayers everywhere!
Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 18, 2016
AlPeter:
Betrayers? Dude he was incompetent if he couldn't handle those he has authority over. There are betrayers everywhere!
LOL.
These are the self-deceptive narratives of APC that got Nigeria into the present mess

1 Like

Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by Tokt: 10:21am On Jun 18, 2016
PhilemonObende:

We yoruba muslims agree that oil must belong to the fulani alone because they own nigeria.

So what's my business with that?
Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by mukhcech(m): 10:35am On Jun 18, 2016
Just as Niger Deltans can't own houses in the North abi. If Truly she said this, She isnt intelligent. She should have know better. if u are like her, read below from Mrvitalis. Iron and steal is in Kogi state. The federal government(Nigeians/Nigeria} owns it and reserves the rights of it mining.

mrvitalis:
Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by PhilemonObende: 10:40am On Jun 18, 2016
Tokt:

So what's my business with that?

My dear daft-daft, let us support the fulanis in allocating all the oil blocks to themselves alone.
Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by Candyrain(m): 10:58am On Jun 18, 2016
PassingShot:

I am aware the ministry of solid minerals has started tackling the problem.

Gold is also our collective wealth.

How did u come about this? Show us a link or do u want us to accept becos u said it?
Re: North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs by Aaronzy: 11:02am On Jun 18, 2016
Wailers......GO AND DIE!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video: See The Difference Beween Atiku Tea And Buhari Tea According To Mai Shayi / Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign / Sunday Ighoho's Shadow Exposed. A Must See!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.