Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station (44200 Views)

Ekiti Government's Fuel Sold At Alade Filling Station As Fayose Supervises / Fuel Scarcity: Anger In The Land As Motorists Abandon Homes For Filling Stations / Fuel Crisis Worsens As Motorists Struggle To Get Fuel In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by antispexish(m): 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
pump price reduction spreading to calabar
Mudiaga Affe, Calabar
Motorists in the Calabar South axis of the Cross River State capital have continued to throng into a filing station along Mayne Avenue that has dropped the price of Premium Motor Spirit from N145 to N139 per litre.

Already, vehicular activities along the busy Mayne Avenue are experiencing traffic jam as a result of the development.
Southern City News observed on Friday that the fuel consumers have ignored other filing stations along the busy road for the station, which is located at Webber Street by Mayne Avenue following the reduction in price.

A motorist, Amaka Uche, described the development as surprising, considering the harsh economic realities in the business world.
According to Uche, it is shocking to note that at a time when most ventures are folding up due to low patronage, the company has reduced the price of PMS for the purpose of payback to loyal customers.

He said, “This development is surprising to us. I am sure motorists did not expect this to come at this time, especially now that the economy is down. We commend the management of the filing station for this.”
Another fuel consumer, Mr. Kufre Archibong, who said he had been a loyal customer, noted that the gesture was a welcome development.

An official of the petrol station told Southern City News that the compensatory promotion was a way of giving back to the society.
He said, “We saw what our customers went through during that period of scarcity and we felt bad. We are to fill the gap of that suffering; that was why we made up our mind that we shall do something for the people when there is steady supply of PMS.
“In the past, you see hundreds of trucks loading from Calabar depot to be taken out of the country, but the situation has changed. We used to consume 400, 40 metric tons on a daily before the subsidy and the bulk of the product which has been subsidised found their way out of the country. The field is now level for those who genuinely need to invest. Now I am coming down to N139, another can go below,” he said.
The company’s senior manager said the quantity of tankers loading the product from Calabar depot had dropped since the removal of subsidy.
www.punchng.com/motorists-surge-calabar-filling-station-reduction-pms-n139/

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by okangisaiah(f): 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
Good one

Woaw ftc, I dedicate it to my Brand new bundle of joy
Baby I love you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Ronpet777(m): 2:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
I hv always knwn it will come to dis eventually.D laws of demand and supply will eventually push d pump price down.
In no time,others will follow suit and things will normalize.All these are just passing phase in our country.God will make d wilderness pass away and together we will smile by His grace!!!

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by 989900: 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
Things are changing.

P.S. Some peeps are missing the point, it is not much about the price, but about the fact that we are no longer subsidizing neighboring countries (to the enrichment of a few), with PMS bought with hard scarce Forex!

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by yrret: 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
I'm seeing other filling stations folding up in the near future.

43 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by falconey(m): 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
just 6 naira difference? ??

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Beremx(f): 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
falconey:
just 6 naira difference? ??
It means a lot my brother if not you won't see motorists thronging into the petrol station.

I hope to see such changes in Lagos too.

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by falconey(m): 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
Beremx:
It means a lot my brother if not you won't see motorists thronging into the petrol station.

I hope to see such changes in Lagos too.

the change won't be strongly felt in lagos ma'am, we have the highest rate of consumption of the pms. whether the price is low or high the demand will still be high in lagos due to the commercial activities.

20 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Beremx(f): 3:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
falconey:

the change won't be strongly felt in lagos ma'am, we have the highest rate of consumption of the pms. whether the price is low or high the demand will still be high in lagos due to the commercial activities.
true talk

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
ZOMBEIS WILL START MASTURBATINg ON 6 NAIRA DIFFRENCE. if i be president 4 dis country i dont need to brainwash people because hardship has already don the job

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Partisan: 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Integrityfarms(m): 7:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
Whats the new gist? As long as we are paying over #100 per litre, I see no reason to see this as UHURU!

8 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by FlameDynasty: 7:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
What's the difference? .
was expecting from 145 to 100

let's look how it turn out to be sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by MizteaTee: 7:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
Kk
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by shaddoww: 7:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
Telecommunication industry started like this n we know wat it is today.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by estuary: 7:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
Way to go!
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by nnemmpi(m): 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
CALABAR ABI NOT LAGOS

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by macino1(m): 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
good one

1 Like

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Pyno30: 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
Why are they reducing the money secretly?
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by ibetoibb: 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
Fall in PMS rise DPK/AGO :PFall in PMS rise DPK/AGO
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by MVLOX(m): 7:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
Sometimes I wonder if some pple tink b4 dey talk.... Maybe u for go tif 6 naira make dem come catch u make u knw wetin dem go do u

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by mich24(m): 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
N6 my foot,make thunder fire APC any were them gather

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Jabioro: 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
Some few filling station in Lagos had started to reduce it gradually..#143,#142,and #140 by October it would be 130 naira per litre

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by BABANGBALI: 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
Abeg make dem reduce am too for enugu where I dey live
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by seunoni34(m): 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
Simple laws of demand and supply. ITS better fuel is readily available and costly than when it's scarce. Cos whether you like it or not it will still cost us more when hoarders steps in and starts selling for ridiculous prices(like what happened before subsidy was removed when fuel was being sold for more than N200 as a result of its scarcity) .

As time goes on and supply increases, the demand will decrease and price will naturally go down as a result of competition.

12 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by BABANGBALI: 7:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
Jabioro:
Some few filling station in Lagos had started to reduce it gradually..#143,#142,and #140 by October it would be 130 naira per litre
sai babaaaaaaaa

Buhari 2019-2023 loading

13 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by HonSMD(m): 7:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
d change is coming as we can all see

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by laurel03(m): 7:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
No more subsiScam .... Petrol station go soon start promo.....

12 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Flexherbal(m): 7:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
The price will gradually go down.

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by BABANGBALI: 7:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
Pyno30:
Why are they reducing the money secretly?
because they are all members of secret societies

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by lafex: 7:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
Well, am waiting for when we will be buying fuel at the rate of N50 per litre

1 Like

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by funmilade4real(m): 7:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
Change in progress

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Because Of Cow': Daily Trust Apologizes OverHate Speech Report, Nigerians React / Yoruba PDP Caucus Slams Wike For Insulting The Yorubas & Obasanjo / Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.