Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station (44203 Views)

Ekiti Government's Fuel Sold At Alade Filling Station As Fayose Supervises / Fuel Scarcity: Anger In The Land As Motorists Abandon Homes For Filling Stations / Fuel Crisis Worsens As Motorists Struggle To Get Fuel In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by wxyz1: 8:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
even nort-west filling station is selling for N140/Lt
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by ceejay80s(m): 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
falconey:
just 6 naira difference? ??

Some peeps make billions with just 50kobo gain in fuel, ask my class mate dayo

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by kay29000(m): 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
989900:
Things are changing.

P.S. Some peeps are missing the point, it is not much about the price, but about the fact that we are no longer subsidizing neighboring countries (to the enrichment of a few), with PMS bought with hard scarce Forex!

GBAM!!!

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by begwong: 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
HOPE DEY GET VALUE FOR WHAT DEY ARE BUYING, BECAUSE I SUSPECT THEY MIGHT HAVE MISSED WATER IN THAT FUEL AND TO SELL IT FAST, THEY HAVE TO REDUCE PRICE. TRUST NAIJA.
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by stagger: 9:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
falconey:

One of my cars consumes between 700 and 800 litres of fuel monthly, so N6 difference equates to between N4,200 and N4,800 a month, or N50,400 and N57,600 a year of usage. By the time I add the fuel bill for all my cars and my generators at home (1), the factory (2), farm (1) and the office (3 generators), you will see how significant this is. Already, I only buy at NNPC stations that sell for N140 in Abuja. That is how it is.

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by ephi123(f): 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
This was exactly what I was referring to here. Very soon, stations will have to differentiate themselves, not only just on the basis of pricing.
ephi123:
If these people could apply a bit of initiative, they would drop a bit of margin and make up for it in volumes.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by ichito(m): 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
I bought fuel 147 today at enugu
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by oyoman(m): 9:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
Good but the price has been #135 @ all NNPC filling sation in suleja and Gwagwalada Abuja for more than a month
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by chinchum(m): 9:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
The real reduction can only come when refined fuel is no longer imported, this reduction is not in any way sustainable.
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by emmygzy(m): 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dottore:
I had predicted the fall of petroleum pump price at the commencement of this deregulation but some pocket economists on Nairaland thought otherwise. I have friends who own filling station who had hitherto hoarded fuel thinking that I hey will hit it big.: now they are not finding it funny because of low patronage
chai, kachikwu said between 135 to 145, abi u av forgotten ni? So why celebrate 139? Nigerians with suffering and smiling mentality. Have you forgotten that we are an oil producing country? Oil shouldn't be more than 50 naira at worst. Buhari is a fraud, I expect modular refineries to spring up within his first year in office and after which they should now plan on how to build new big refineries. Kerosene now sells at 180 naira which is not good for the poor masses. People are groaning under the useless administration.
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by falconey(m): 9:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
stagger:

One of my cars consumes between 700 and 800 litres of fuel monthly, so N6 difference equates to between N4,200 and N4,800 a month, or N50,400 and N57,600 a year of usage. By the time I add the fuel bill for all my cars and my generators at home (1), the factory (2), farm (1) and the office (3 generators), you will see how significant this is. Already, I only buy at NNPC stations that sell for N140 in Abuja. That is how it is.

sorry sir I didn't know the little could save a lot.
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by yaki84: 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
shaddoww:
Telecommunication industry started like this n we know wat it is today.

r u aware of one product called diesel?

its being deregulated since, but instead of going down, its going upper every day.

139naira per 0.7litre.

all na shortCHANGE!

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Abagworo(m): 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
And we dey buy 180 for PH.
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by lakizmet(m): 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
D same tin happen IN zuba yes day ,d NNPC station was having queues while while d attendant at conoil wia sleeping.as all of dem wia seated, bow dia head,tired of waiting for customers. Wen I ask d taxi I boreded he said dey sell at 145 while NNPC sell at 135.it s good for business

1 Like

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by godwin120alex: 9:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
Sabola in Ago Palace is selling @150 per liter.
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Luvties(m): 9:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
falconey:

the change won't be strongly felt in lagos ma'am, we have the highest rate of consumption of the pms. whether the price is low or high the demand will still be high in lagos due to the commercial activities.

A filling station close to Abeson Estate Ipaja, under Alimosho LGA are selling PMS at N142
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by menxer: 9:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
falconey:

Yeah, not much until you multiply it by 33000 liters. grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by LuckyLadolce(m): 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
falconey:

the change won't be strongly felt in lagos ma'am, we have the highest rate of consumption of the pms. whether the price is low or high the demand will still be high in lagos due to the commercial activities.
nnpc at my area(igando) sells for 140, go to fadeyi.. The filling stations around there sells for between 138-140. Lagos will not be an exception to this, it's just a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by msjijitar(m): 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
The next thing on mind................................................................................................................. Buy pms here and stand a chance of winning brand new generator

1 Like

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
[

1 Like

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by tolux247(m): 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Beremx:
It means a lot my brother if not you won't see motorists thronging into the petrol station.

I hope to see such changes in Lagos too.

NNPC Here in Oja-Oba @Abule Egba same price at Egbeda sell at 135

1 Like

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Omonigeriarere: 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
shaddoww:
Telecommunication industry started like this n we know wat it is today.

But the Ineffectual Buffon privatised power sector and it's not getting better....

Clulessness is another name for GEJ, walahi.
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Simeon4real(m): 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
funmilade4real:
Change in progress

Indeed. We still buy rice at N130 per cup. That's change!
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Coolgent(m): 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
PMB The chief Economist!
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by ForesightLTD: 11:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nnpc sells at 135 and it's should be applicable to all independent marketers.
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by bejick(m): 11:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
And do we even have idea we have different quality of fuel with different octane rating. It is such a pity that in Nigeria we don't know this. Most filling station buy these fuel that burn out fast then sell it cheap, we buy it and we are happy.
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by shaddoww: 1:35am On Jun 19, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

But the Ineffectual Buffon privatised power sector and it's not getting better....

Clulessness is another name for GEJ, walahi.
dats because dey didn't sell it to d right people
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by agog: 4:55am On Jun 19, 2016
falconey:

are u aware that pms consumption in Lagos drop by 40% when price was increased to N145? Most homes that blare generator all night hardly do again. It also mean we will inhale lesser generator fumes.
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by princemillla(m): 5:08am On Jun 19, 2016
Beremx:
It means a lot my brother if not you won't see motorists thronging into the petrol station.

The change is in lagos already with few filling station selling far below 145 naira

You have petrocham at lasu igando road selling at 142 naira, Almouruf selling at 142 naira also, nnpc at 140 naira there is this nnpc at alakuko just befor sango toll gate selling at 135 naira. But it seems filling station in Lagos state aint much feeling the challenge and competition to bring down the prices

Jabioro:
Some few filling station in Lagos had started to reduce it gradually..#143,#142,and #140 by October it would be 130 naira per litre

You have 135 naira already at nnpc in alakuko

1 Like

Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by halfcurrent(m): 7:17am On Jun 19, 2016
All, Pls let's don't rush to hail this so called fuel reduction at the petrol stations. Are we also sure of the accuracy of the calibration of their dispensing pumps? I was at a filling station in Asaba yesterday where they wrote N140/per ltr for PMS, however a customer walked in with a 10ltrs jerry can, and behold he spent N2,050 to fill up the jerry can. Can we now say that filing stations is actually selling at N140/per ltr?
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by Beremx(f): 9:39am On Jun 19, 2016
princemillla:

The change is in lagos already with few filling station selling far below 145 naira

You have petrocham at lasu igando road selling at 142 naira, Almouruf selling at 142 naira also, nnpc at 140 naira there is this nnpc at alakuko just befor sango toll gate selling at 135 naira. But it seems filling station in Lagos state aint much feeling the challenge and competition to bring down the prices

You have 135 naira already at nnpc in alakuko
I know petrocham and Almoruff stations. thanks for the info
Re: Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station by gabolak(m): 10:02am On Jun 19, 2016
Beremx:

May be you are yet to notice it, the price of pms is already coming down in Lagos too. On Wednesday, I bought it for 138 @ an nnpc station along old Abeokuta/Lagos road. Around Ifo area to be precise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayelsa Election: David Lyon Leads Duoye Diri With 434,473 Votes - TVC News / Barrister Oluseyi Ojo Is Dead (Photo) / 'Because Of Cow': Daily Trust Apologizes OverHate Speech Report, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.