Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,759 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (5790 Views)

Before Bola Ahmed Tinubu Became Governor What Was His Occupation / Aregbesola Hands Over Corpse Of Adeyinka Adebayo To Fayose (Photos) / Osinbajo, Ambode At The 9th Edition Of Bola Ahmed Tinubu Colloquium (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by BABANGBALI: 5:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
My dear Asiwaju,

I am compelled to write this open letter to you because of the state of affairs of the Yoruba nation. Firstly, I wish to acknowledge that fate has put you in a prime position to determine to a large extent the direction that the Yoruba people will go. The indisputable truth is that one may quarrel with your politics but your sagacity is never in doubt. Even those who don't see eye to eye with you agree that you are imbued with unusual native intelligence, uncommon people skills and unrivaled foresight. You, more than any other person, has been the game changer since the advent of democracy in 1999. It is for these reasons that I have chosen to direct this letter to you.

My singular purpose is to tug at the strings of your heart. I am not writing to appeal to partisan considerations but to see, if per chance, I can pour out my heart to you in a manner of speaking. God has blessed you even beyond your wildest imagination. You have installed Senators and Governors. You have removed Governors and even a President. You have also installed a President. There is nothing you have wished for or desired that you didn't get. Fortune has smiled on you. Goodwill follows you everywhere you go. You have done very well- more than most men ever will. However, there is one area that is begging for your urgent attention. This area may well define you and all you have ever achieved. This matter, in my opinion, is the only difference between you and the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Let me restate for the purpose of emphasis that this is the area in which the late sage and Leader of the Yorubas stand head and shoulders above you. It is the reason his name has been a constant denominator in our regional and national politics. It is the reason politicians, friends and foes invoke his name for political advantage and personal glory. It is also the reason why we can't stop talking about him almost thirty years after his death. What will anyone say about you thirty years after you have transited?

Asiwaju Sir, you may be wondering what I'm talking about? It is the issue of legacy. According to Peter Strople, 'Legacy is not leaving something for people, it is leaving something in people'. Legacy is building something that outlives you. Legacy is greater than currency. In the words of Leonard Sweet, ' What you do is your history. What you set in motion is your legacy'. You can't live forever, Sir. No one can. But you can create something that will. Enough of speaking in parables- I shall now speak plainly.

When destiny brought you on the scene, we were enamoured because you championed the case for true federalism. It was your belief then that the Yoruba nation will fare better under a restructured arrangement than under the type of unitary government we run while pretending by calling it a federal government. Everyone knows that there is nothing federal about our government at all. If truth must be told, the Yoruba nation has fared very badly since the advent of our new democracy. And this is not about holding power at the centre.

Let me bring this home: someone passed a comment recently that he would want Biafra to become a reality because he knows the Igbo nation will survive. That comment led me to deeper introspection as I wondered if the Yorubas can truly survive. Let me cite my first example. From Oyo to Osun, Ogun to Ondo, Ekiti to Kwara and Lagos, hardly will one see any serious industry or manufacturing concern owned by a Yoruba person. I am not talking about portfolio businesses or one-man business concerns. Most industries in Oyo State are owned by the Lebanese. The native business and industry gurus who dominated the landscape- Nathaniel Idowu, Amos Adegoke, Lekan Salami, Alao Arisekola, Adeola Odutola, Jimoh Odutola, Chief Theophilus Adediran Oni and others- are all gone with no credible replacements. I'm sure you remember the tyre factory of the Odutolas and how Jimoh Odutola was even asked by the Governments of Kenya and Ghana to set up a similar factory in their countries. Chief Theophilus Adediran Oni, popularly called T.A Oni & Sons started the first indigenous construction company in Nigeria. He willed his residence- Goodwill House, to the Oyo/Western state government, to be used as a Paediatric Hospital, which is now known as T.A Oni Memorial Children Hospital at Ring Road in Ibadan. This sprawling family Estate and residence was cited on a 15acre piece of land, 65 rooms, with modern conveniences, Olympic Swimming Pool and stable for Horses, etc.
People like Chief Bode Akindele started companies like Standard Breweries and Dr Pepper Soft drink factory at Alomaja in Ibadan. Broking House built by the late Femi Johnson, an insurance magnate, still stands glittering in the mid-day sun as an epitome to a rich history that Ibadan has. The most serious and only notable Yoruba entrepreneur we have now is Michael Adenuga. I say this quite consciously because most of the other names are oil and gas barons. Most of what stood as testaments of industry in Oyo State are gone- Exide Batteries, Leyland Autos and many others. In its place are shopping malls and road side markets but no nation develops through buying and selling alone- especially when you're not actually producing what you're selling. Hypermarkets and supermarkets have taken over because of the need to feed our insatiable consumer-appetite and foreign tastes. In one instance, an ancient landmark in the form of a hotel was demolished to pave way for a mall. That is how low we have sunk. If our past is better than our present- if we always look back with nostalgia frequently, then there is a problem.

The case of other states is not different. Osun's case is pathetic. Ditto for Ondo and Ekiti. Ogun State can boast of some factories at Sango-Otta and Agbara axis but most of them are not owned by the Yorubas. There is no significant pharmaceutical company owned by any Yoruba except for Bond Chemicals in Awe, Oyo State- and its wallet share is very insignificant. For Lagos State, more than 70% of the manufacturing concerns and major industries in the State are owned by the Igbos. If the Igbos were to stop paying tax in Lagos State, the IGR of Lagos State will reduce by over 60%. In contrast, Sir, go to the South East and look at the manufacturing concerns in Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Please don't forget those were areas ravaged by civil war a mere forty something years ago. The Igbos have certainly made tremendous progress but the Yoruba nation has regressed. I wish to state that this letter is not meant to whip up primordial considerations or ethnic sentiments but just to put things in proper perspective.

Asiwaju, I will like to also talk about the state of education in the Yoruba nation. Our education has gone to the dogs. We have a bunch of mis-educated and ill-educated young men and women roaming the streets. Ibadan, for instance, had the first University in Nigeria and the first set of research centres in Nigeria ( The Forestry Research Institute, the Cocoa Research Institute (CRIN), The Nigerian Cereal Research Institute Moor Plantation (NCRI), the NIHORT (Nigerian Institute of Horticultural Research), the NISER (Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research), IAR&T (Institute of Agriculture, Research and Training), amongst several others). Ibadan was the bastion of scholarship with people like Wole Soyinka, JP Clark, D.O Fagunwa and Amos Tutuola as residents. In the May/June 2015 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, Abia came tops. Anambra came 2nd while Edo was 3rd. Lagos placed 6th while Osun and Oyo was 29th and 26th. Ekiti was 11th, Ondo State was 13th and Ogun State was 19th. In 2013 WASSCE, only Lagos and Ogun States were the Yoruba States above the national average. If we do an analysis of how Lagos placed 6th in 2015, you will discover that it was substantially because of other nationalities resident in Lagos. For proof, please look no further than the winners of the Spelling Bee competition which has produced One-Day Governors in Lagos State. Since inception in 2001, other nationalities have won the competition six times (Ebuka Anisiobi in 2001, Ovuwhore Etiti in 2002, Abundance Ikechukwu in 2006, Daniel Osunbor in 2008, Akpakpan Iniodu Jones in 2011 and Lilian Ogbuefi in 2012). Sir, there is something seriously wrong about our state of education. From the vintage times of Obafemi Awolowo who initiated 'free education', we have regressed into a most parlous state.

Let me talk about roads, housing and infrastructure . The first dualized road in Nigeria, the Queen Elizabeth road from Mokola to Agodi in Ibadan was formally commissioned by Queen Elizabeth in 1956. The first Housing Estate in Nigeria is Bodija Housing Estate (also in Ibadan) which was built in 1958. The state of roads in the Yoruba nation has become pathetic. Our hinterland are still largely rural. Even some state capitals like Osogbo and Ado-Ekiti are big villages when you compare them to towns in the South East. How many new estates have been built over the last decade? Even Ajoda New Town lies in ruins.

We have abandoned the farm settlement strategy of the Western Region and only pay lip service to agriculture. Instead of feeding others like we once did, others now feed us. We plant no tomatoes, no pepper and the basic food that we require. The Indians have bought the large expanse of water body that we have in Onigambari village. The water body in Oke Ogun of Oyo State can provide enough fish to feed the whole of the South West. From being a major cocoa exporter many years ago, one can point to just a few vestiges of factories that still deal with Cocoa in the Yoruba nation. 80% of Cocoa processing industries in the South West have been shut down. The Chinese have taken over the cashew belt at Ogbomoso in Oyo State. They have even edged out the indigenes as brokers. They now come to the cashew belt to buy from the local farmers, sell on the spot to other Chinese exporters who now process the cashew nuts and import them back into Nigeria at a premium. Sir, there are only 7 major cashew processing plants in Nigeria and you can check out the ownership. The glory has departed from the Yoruba nation.

Apart from Asejire, Ede, Ikere Gorge and Oyan dams built ages ago, where are the new dams to cater for increased population and water capacity for the Yoruba nation? How have we improved on what our heroes past left us? Maybe apart from certain areas in Lagos State, others can't even supply their citizens with pipe-borne water.

Our youth which we used to take pride in are largely a mass of unemployed and unemployable people. Have you noticed the abundance of street urchins, area boys, touts and 'agberos' that we now have all across the Yoruba nation? Have you noticed the swell in the ranks of NURTW (I mean no disrespect to an otherwise noble union)? Have you noticed the increase in the number of Yoruba beggars? There was a time that it was taboo for a Yoruba man to beg- but no more. The spirit of apprenticeship is dead. There was a time that people who learn vocational skills celebrate what we referred to as 'freedom'. While that is largely moribund now in the Yoruba nation, the Igbos still practice it with great success.

The only thing we can boldly say the Yoruba nation controls is the information machinery- the press. We own largely the newspapers- the Nation, Punch, Nigerian Tribune, TV Continental and a few others. It is because of our control of this information machinery that we have rewritten the narrative in the country with the misguided self-belief that things are normal and we are making progress. A look beyond the surface will prove that this is so untrue.

We are largely divided. For the first time in the history of the Yoruba nation, religion is about to divide us further- and it is starting from Osun State. You are married to a Christian. My own father-in-law is an Alhaji. That is how we have peacefully do-existed but the fabrics are about to be torn to shreds because of poor management of issues. Afenifere has been reduced to a shadow of itself. OPC that once defended Yoruba interests has gone into oblivion. Yoruba elders have been vilified in the name of politics and partisanship. It is no longer news to see teenagers throwing stones at their elders because of their political indoctrination. Even under the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the Yorubas never belonged to just a single party- yet our unity was without blemish. Now, our values have gone down the drain.

Asiwaju, I believe I have said enough. The task is Herculean but I believe Providence has brought you here for such a time like this. It is time for the Yoruba nation to clean up its acts. What do we really want? How can we quickly right the wrongs? The Yoruba nation is in a state of arrested development. The Yoruba nation is gasping for breath and crying for help. Will you rise up to the occasion? I am aware you understand that all politics is local and charity begins at home. Our fathers gave us a proverb: 'Bi o'ode o dun, bi igbe ni'gboro ri'. I know there are no quick fixes but I also know that if there is anyone who has the capacity to do something about our current situation, that person is you. This should be the legacy you should think of. Your legacy is our future.

Yours Very Sincerely,

Adebayo Adeyinka

10 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by IamAtribalist: 6:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
cool
Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Ralphlauren(m): 6:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
Yawns.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
Thought provoking piece. Good read
Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by oduastates: 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
The writer is as ignorant as he is local.
My guess is that he surrounds himself with losers.
70% of manufacturing concerns in Lagos ?
Where did it pull that from ?
Where exactly are those 70% located?
He said all Yoruba billionaires are in oil and gas apart from Adenuga . Adenuga is in oil and gas as well( con oil) .
Ever heard of those in banking , insurance,legal, airlines , construction,PR and real estate to name a few .

I can give the names of 100 start-ups and brands started in the last 5 years, by omoluabis below the age of 35 .
The writer had better taken a trip to Yaba to get reorientation.
One player( below 38) just got $25million seed money 2 days ago . Guys are making things happen and this one is sitting down writing crap .
Abi you want to tussle with China for $1 t-shirt ni?
Even the apprenticeship he advocated for is backward . Get the technical schools up and running again , followed by proper apprenticeship in proper set up like Elizade .
Nigerian examination bodies ? I would not take the ranking seriously. Not to say that education has not deteriorated . The A,B and C team do not school in Nigeria anymore.
The one that annoys me the most is his beef with the hyper markets and malls . Those malls are the foundation on which a future supply and domestic omoluabis value chain will be built on products we have comparative advantage.
THE ONLY LETTER YOU NEED TO WRITE TO TINIBU
SHOULD BE ABOUT LEADING THE YORUBA NATION OUT OF NIGERIA .THAT WAY , WE CAN UNLEASH THE PENT-UP ENERGY

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Ausbongean: 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
true federalism is the answer
Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by 09xtr99r: 11:06am On Jun 19, 2016
To the mischievous fellows that are pointing accusing fingers at the Igbos, take a look at the pics of the sensible fellow in Yorubaland that wrote the timely article on his FB page:

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 19, 2016
Asiwaju is overdue for retirement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by ODVanguard: 11:12am On Jun 19, 2016
Lol. That writer has obviously spent way too much time around igbos so much that he is throwing around unsubstantiated stats like akara, like they are known for. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3175794/controversial-open-letter-asiwaju-tinubu

4 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by ASL33: 11:15am On Jun 19, 2016
IPOB YOOT ON THE PRAWL AGAIN.
Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by ASL33: 11:19am On Jun 19, 2016
ODVanguard:
Lol. That writer has obviously spent way too much time around igbos so much that he is throwing around unsubstantiated stats like akara, like they are known for. grin
You better give us the best stats otherwise people will hold on to the one the see/read.

B4 now people hold on to anything the see on CNN not until other news media came on board to give a different version hence people with brain will analyse and know which of the news made sense.

Give the correct stats pls.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by ODVanguard: 11:33am On Jun 19, 2016
ASL33:
You better give us the best stats otherwise people will hold on to the one the see/read.

B4 now people hold on to anything the see on CNN not until other news media came on board to give a different version hence people with brain will analyse and know which of the news made sense.

Give the correct stats pls.

Excerpts from http://www.gamji.com/haruna/haruna291.htm

In his paper, Bello categorized Nigeria’s economy, post Obasanjo’s reform, into four, namely, South West, South East plus Delta, North and South-South minus Delta. The South-West with an area of 76,852 square kilometer and a population of 25.2 million, he said, owned or controlled 60% of the nation’s industrial capacity, 40% of its banking assets and 67% of its insurance assets. The region also housed the nation’s deep sea port of Apapa, Tin Can Island and Roro, the busiest international airport in Ikeja, and three thermal stations at Egbin, Papalanto and Omotosho.

The South-East plus Delta (what Bello called “their (Igbo’s) cousins across the Onitsha bridge”) controlled 20% of the country’s industrial assets, 50% of its banking assets and 21% of its insurance assets.

In other words, all his talk about Aba,Onitsha, Nnewi industrial capacity is nonsense coz SW about tripled SE industrial capacity as at 2009, not to talk of today. A prominent Nnewi based industrialist recently is on record for publicly that the town is fast deindustrializing.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/rivers-state-others-have-overtaken-s-east-in-commerce-industry/

Yorubas must be doing something spectacular to continue attracting so much FDI.

No other region could be more prepared than the SW for independence coz we already have all we need. cool

cc: OmoAjowa7

4 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
oduastates:
He said all Yoruba billionaires are in oil and gas apart from Adenuga . Adenuga is in oil and gas as well( con oil) .
Ever heard of those in banking , insurance,legal, airlines , construction,PR and real estate to name a few .

I can give the names of 100 start-ups and brands started in the last 5 years, by omoluabis below the age of 35 .
One player( below 38) just got $25million seed money 2 days ago . Guys are making things happen and this one is sitting down writing crap .
Even the apprenticeship he advocated for is backward . Get the technical schools up and running again , followed by proper apprenticeship in proper set up like Elizade .
Nigerian examination bodies ? I would not take the ranking seriously. Not to say that education has not deteriorated . The A,B and C team do not school in Nigeria anymore.
The one that annoys me the most is his beef with the hyper markets and malls . Those malls are the foundation on which a future supply and domestic omoluabis value chain will be built on products we have comparative advantage.
SHOULD BE ABOUT LEADING THE YORUBA NATION OUT OF NIGERIA .THAT WAY , WE CAN UNLEASH THE PENT-UP ENERGY

ODVanguard:

In other words, all his talk about Aba,Onitsha, Nnewi industrial capacity is nonsense coz SW about triples SE industrial capacity as at 2009, not to talk of today. A prominent Nnewi based industrialist recently lamented publicly that the town is fast deindustrializing. Yorubas must be doing something spectacular to continue attracting so much FDI.

Una dey mind the Olosh. Like I said on the other thread, the character is most likely a Yoruba PDP guy. Na them
dey always do this nonsense. One Maxwell adeyeye did the same thing last year

I need to take my time to poke the holes in this garbage because I can see them I-bobo youths sharing free galas
to celebrate this grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by oduastates: 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
ODVanguard:

In other words, all his talk about Aba,Onitsha, Nnewi industrial capacity is nonsense coz SW about triples SE industrial capacity as at 2009, not to talk of today. A prominent Nnewi based industrialist recently lamented publicly that the town is fast deindustrializing. Yorubas must be doing something spectacular to continue attracting so much FDI.

I understand where he is coming from
These are the people who have been left behind.
They are the ones tussling with migrants from other parts for low - paying jobs( buying and selling ) ,and to whom no one is paying attention. He does not have the skillset and mindset to tackle the ever changing nature of SW economy .
His mentality is based on his surroundings and he cannot see what is happening around him
The worst thing is that he is spreading that mindset the same way the likes of Odumakin and Femi do as well.

3 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by ODVanguard: 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
oduastates:

I understand where he is coming from
These are the people who have been left behind.
They are the ones tussling with migrants from other parts for low - paying jobs( buying and selling ) ,and to whom no one is paying attention. He does not have the skillset and mindset to tackle the ever changing nature of SW economy .
His mentality is based on his surroundings and he cannot see what is happening around him
The worst thing is that he is spreading that mindset the same way the likes of Odumakin and Femi do as well.

I don't fault those thinking he's Igbo because they are the ones with that penchant for throwing around stats without any basis of fact to back them up. He obviously has been listening to some of them and bought their fables hook, line, and sinker. Till today if you ask them to name this Igbo owned Big Businesses in Lagos and the rest of the SW that are holding the region hostage, they can't. Yet they keep going about spreading their fables of owning 90%, 75%, 85.6%. How?? Where?? Where are these Big Businesses that have no name??

4 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by asorocker: 12:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
did anyone see this
For Lagos State, more than 70% of the manufacturing concerns and major industries in the State are owned by the Igbos. If the Igbos were to stop paying tax in Lagos State, the IGR of Lagos State will reduce by over 60%. In contrast, Sir, go to the South East and look at the manufacturing concerns in Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Please don't forget those were areas ravaged by civil war a mere forty something years ago. The Igbos have certainly made tremendous progress but the Yoruba nation has regressed. I wish to state that this letter is not meant to whip up primordial considerations or ethnic sentiments but just to put things in proper perspective.

3 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2016
ODVanguard:

I don't fault those thinking he's Igbo because they are the ones with that penchant for throwing around stats without any basis of fact to back them up. He obviously has been listening to some of them and bought their fables hook, line, and sinker. Till today if you ask them to name this Igbo owned Big Businesses in Lagos and the rest of the SW that are holding the region hostage, they can't. Yet they keep going about spreading their fables of owning 90%, 75%, 85.6%. How?? Where?? Where are these Big Businesses that have no name??

I tire oooo. I told one of dem pure-wattah sprinters to open a thread and mention the so-called Gigbo businesses in Lagos.The Olosh ran away.
I've told them as long as people like us are online, we go continue to dey use pankere on them. They should keep that garbage
in their Biafra facebook pages or continue selling it to the ignorant Yorubas not people like us. grin grin They keep "tetra-paking"
those 2x2 stores as businesses and as the engine of the economy grin cheesy

The Youngest Billionaires in Nigeria, 2 are yorubas, the third one is half Yoruba. Sujibomi Ogundele, Ladi Delano and
Igho Sanomi

Forbes list. 3 yorubas feature out of the 5 on the list

http://venturesafrica.com/meet-the-five-nigerians-on-forbes-world-billionaires-ranking-2016/

They said they have more middle class yet SW has the least poverty rate in Nigeria.

http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/

They claim they have more SMEs yet Oyo has more SMEs than all SE states. Infact, Oyo is second
after Lagos

http://nigerianstat.gov.ng/pdfuploads/SMEDAN%202013_Selected%20Tables.pdf

They're the only ones who believe their lies and some dumb yorubas who chat dust because they just pressed one
random Chinasa’s bobi

3 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by ODVanguard: 12:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

I tire oooo. I told one of dem pure-wattah sprinters to open a thread and mention the so-called Gigbo businesses in Lagos.The Olosh ran away.
I've told them as long as people like us are online, we go continue to dey use pankere on them. They should keep that garbage
in their Biafra facebook pages or continue selling it to the ignorant Yorubas not people like us. grin grin They keep "tetra-paking"
those 2x2 stores as businesses and as the engine of the economy grin cheesy

The Youngest Billionaires in Nigeria, 2 are yorubas, the third one is half Yoruba. Sujibomi Ogundele- Sujimoto group
Ladi Delano- Bakrie Delano and Igho Sanomi

Forbes list. 3 yorubas feature out of the 5 on the list

http://venturesafrica.com/meet-the-five-nigerians-on-forbes-world-billionaires-ranking-2016/

They said they have more middle class yet SW has the least poverty rate in Nigeria.

They claim they have more SMEs yet Oyo has more SMEs than all SE states. Infact, Oyo is second
after Lagos

They're the only ones who believe their lies and some dumb yorubas who chat dust because they just pressed one
random Chinasa’s bobi

Folks like us are fully on ground to terminate their fables and lies. They can keep repeating it amongst themselves if it makes them feel good about themselves, but the truth is like pregnancy that can't be hidden for long. We will keep exposing them. Awon oniro oshi. grin grin cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Twistaray(m): 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

in their Biafra facebook pages or continue to selling it to the ignorant Yorubas not people like us. grin grin They keep "tetra-paking"
those 2x2 stores as businesses and as the engine of the economy

The Youngest Billionaires in Nigeria, 2 are yorubas, the third one is half Yoruba. Sujibomi Ogundele- Sujimoto group
Ladi Delano- Bakrie Delano and Igho Sanomi

Forbes list. 3 yorubas feature out the 5 on the list

They claim they have more SMEs yet Oyo has more SMEs than all SE states.

They're the only ones who believe their lies and some dumb yorubas who chat dust because they just pressed one random Chinasa’s bobi

Kikikikiki

We must not and never relent in exposing their Aba made stats.

If they are sure of these Aba made stats they should endeavour to needful by providing us with facts.

I,honestly don tire for this people.
But we must never never relent grin

Yeye people de" de" grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
Abeg odvanguard and twistaray edit your posts. I posted the wrong link for the smes. I've edited it

3 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Twistaray(m): 12:53pm On Jun 19, 2016
OmoAjowa7:
Abeg odvanguard and twistaray edit your posts. I posted the wrong link for the smes. I've edited it

Done!

grin

Anything bro, anything at all that exposes those flattiessss lies...I will grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by BlackSeptember: 1:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
09xtr99r:
To the mischievous fellows that are pointing accusing fingers at the Igbos, take a look at the pics of the sensible fellow in Yorubaland that wrote the timely article on his FB page:
where is modath who love hiding in chinko English to abuse igbos.

She said the writer is an igbo person and i will screen shot it if she dares to deny

3 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by oduastates: 1:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
ODVanguard:

Folks like us are fully on ground to terminate their fables and lies. They can keep repeating it amongst themselves if it makes them feel good about themselves, but the truth is like pregnancy that can't be hidden for long. We will keep exposing them. Awon oniro oshi. grin grin cheesy cheesy

The problem is the lack of SELF PRESERVATION pricinples amongst Yoruba elites.
The YORUBA FIRST must be renewed.

4 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Caseless: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
I read everything and realized that the issues he raised are cosmopolitan and, not restricted to the SW .

The east he so glorified in his piece is facing a huge infrastructural decay and "industrial moribundity" too.

That said, he has a point.
Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by 09xtr99r: 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
To all the elenugboros of Yorubaland parading on NL:

[size=14pt]Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians[/size]

Writing for Naij.com from Magodo, Lagos, Maxwell Adeyemi Adeleye says the Yoruba youths are no longer making their valuable contributions to the political and cultural life in Nigeria. What can the Yoruba people do to restore lost influence?

Lateef Raji, a public policy analyst, in an article titled “Dwindling Oil Revenue: What Next for Nigeria?” posited that today, despite the pitiful state of unemployment in Nigeria, ironically, the nation is still rated as the third destination of investors and one of the fastest-growing economy in the world. Raji noted that Nigeria is a golden land of numerous opportunities for those who are resourceful, ingenious, creative, innovative, inventive, groundbreaking, enterprising, hardworking, focused, visionary and, most significantly, disciplined.

Consequently, as a concerned Nigerian, I want to question the role(s) of Yoruba youths in the current fight against unemployment, starvation and poverty in Nigeria. This question was necessitated by my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today. I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity. Today, among ten Nigerians submitting their resumes to multinational corporations eight would be Yorubas. Folks from my generation in the Western Nigeria are too lazy to tap from the abundant opportunities that litter the streets of, say, Lagos, for primitive accumulation of wealth. The Igbos, and, by extension, the Niger-Deltans and the Northerners have indirectly taken over the control of economy of Lagos, Nigeria’s indisputable number one centre of success, excellence and opportunities. The Apapa wharf in Lagos has virtually been taken over by the Easterners. The data that I got from the Nigerian custom services divulges that 63% of those licensed to transact businesses in Apapa Wharf are Igbos. More so, data collected from licensing office reveals that owners of 56% of commercial motorcycles in Lagos are Northerners and Easterners. The lucrative transport business has been hijacked from the Yorubas. Today, the major work of average Yoruba youths on the streets of Lagos is to collect royalty, due and charges from the Hausas and Igbos, using their motorcycles to make cool cash from their land. Ninety-five percent of transport, travel and tour firms operating in Lagos are owned by the enterprising and hardworking Easterners. The Yorubas stay at various intersections harassing hardworking people transacting their legal businesses in the name of collecting charges and dues for the local government. I also discovered that majority of the few Yorubas riding commercial motorcycles in Lagos are locally-trained automobile engineers that have abandoned their workshops. Furthermore, the popular Ladipo and Owode motor spare parts markets in Lagos are now solidly in the hands of Igbos. As usual, the Yoruba youths are in the market collecting dues for their local government chairmen and the Iyaloja General of Lagos. Yaba, Oyigbo, Sabo, Oshodi, Agege, Alaba, Idumota, etc. markets have been taken over by the Easterners and Northerners who are predominantly youths. Let me also assert unequivocally that the Igbo youths are now becoming more prosperous in the entertainment industry than the Yoruba youths. Today, the Yorubas hardly tune their DSTVs to the Yoruba movie channel of the satellite television; rather, they watch some other movie channel that show English movies with actors and actresses of Igbo extraction. Why? Because most Yoruba movies are short of creativity.

I can also articulate that 85% of the CEOs and executive directors of commercial banks operating in Nigeria today are Igbos and Hausas under the age of 50. They are very talented in boardroom politics, unlike their Yoruba counterparts, and they assist each other with an amazing ease. Educationally, the Yorubas are no longer in the top-three. According to the National Universities Commission (NUC), Anambra, Imo and Enugu have the highest number of professors and doctorate degree holders in Nigeria. Ekiti and Ondo states that used to top the list have been demoted to number four and six respectively. In 2014, the reports of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and the National Examination Council (NECO) revealed that the Yorubas have been upturned by the Easterners in terms of academic performance. Ekiti, a state known as fountain of knowledge, was number 34 in 2013.

The Yorubas are also missing in the sports sector. The Golden Eaglets, Flying Eagles, Super Eagles, Flamingoes, Falconets, Super Falcons, D’Tigers, other national teams are dominated by the Igbos and Hausas. The team that won the African Cup of Nations for Nigeria in 2013 was tagged Biafran national team by some columnists and social commentators, including myself. Politically, the Igbos and Hausas are more united than the Yorubas. The result of the 2015 presidential election is a point of reference. The Hausas voted massively for General Buhari of the APC, while the Igbos extraordinarily voted for Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP. Sadly, the Yorubas had no bearing during the election. Jonathan’s inner circle members are currently blaming the Yorubas for their son’s expected defeat. Victorious Buhari’s teammates are reportedly saying that the Yorubas contributed little or nothing to the success of their kinsman. In conclusion, I want to impel my generation in the Western part of Nigeria to wake up and begin to act. The nation of Nigeria that I am seeing today is hemorrhaging. I suggest we put ourselves in strategic positions. The bitter truth is that our leaders only think for themselves and their children.

Read more: https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Twistaray(m): 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
[s]
09xtr99r:

Writing for Naij.com from Magodo, Lagos, Maxwell Adeyemi Adeleye says the Yoruba youths are no longer making their valuable contributions to the political and cultural life in Nigeria. What can the Yoruba people do to restore lost influence?

Lateef Raji, a public policy analyst, in an article titled “Dwindling Oil Revenue: What Next for Nigeria?” posited that today, despite the pitiful state of unemployment in Nigeria, ironically, the nation is still rated as the third destination of investors and one of the fastest-growing economy in the world. Raji noted that Nigeria is a golden land of numerous opportunities for those who are resourceful, ingenious, creative, innovative, inventive, groundbreaking, enterprising, hardworking, focused, visionary and, most significantly, disciplined. Consequently, as a concerned Nigerian, I want to question the role(s) of Yoruba youths in the current fight against unemployment, starvation and poverty in Nigeria. This question was necessitated by my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today. I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity. Today, among ten Nigerians submitting their resumes to multinational corporations eight would be Yorubas. Folks from my generation in the Western Nigeria are too lazy to tap from the abundant opportunities that litter the streets of, say, Lagos, for primitive accumulation of wealth. The Igbos, and, by extension, the Niger-Deltans and the Northerners have indirectly taken over the control of economy of Lagos, Nigeria’s indisputable number one centre of success, excellence and opportunities. The Apapa wharf in Lagos has virtually been taken over by the Easterners. The data that I got from the Nigerian custom services divulges that 63% of those licensed to transact businesses in Apapa Wharf are Igbos. More so, data collected from licensing office reveals that owners of 56% of commercial motorcycles in Lagos are Northerners and Easterners. The lucrative transport business has been hijacked from the Yorubas. Today, the major work of average Yoruba youths on the streets of Lagos is to collect royalty, due and charges from the Hausas and Igbos, using their motorcycles to make cool cash from their land. Ninety-five percent of transport, travel and tour firms operating in Lagos are owned by the enterprising and hardworking Easterners. The Yorubas stay at various intersections harassing hardworking people transacting their legal businesses in the name of collecting charges and dues for the local government. I also discovered that majority of the few Yorubas riding commercial motorcycles in Lagos are locally-trained automobile engineers that have abandoned their workshops. Furthermore, the popular Ladipo and Owode motor spare parts markets in Lagos are now solidly in the hands of Igbos. As usual, the Yoruba youths are in the market collecting dues for their local government chairmen and the Iyaloja General of Lagos. Yaba, Oyigbo, Sabo, Oshodi, Agege, Alaba, Idumota, etc. markets have been taken over by the Easterners and Northerners who are predominantly youths. Let me also assert unequivocally that the Igbo youths are now becoming more prosperous in the entertainment industry than the Yoruba youths. Today, the Yorubas hardly tune their DSTVs to the Yoruba movie channel of the satellite television; rather, they watch some other movie channel that show English movies with actors and actresses of Igbo extraction. Why? Because most Yoruba movies are short of creativity.

I can also articulate that 85% of the CEOs and executive directors of commercial banks operating in Nigeria today are Igbos and Hausas under the age of 50. They are very talented in boardroom politics, unlike their Yoruba counterparts, and they assist each other with an amazing ease. Educationally, the Yorubas are no longer in the top-three. According to the National Universities Commission (NUC), Anambra, Imo and Enugu have the highest number of professors and doctorate degree holders in Nigeria. Ekiti and Ondo states that used to top the list have been demoted to number four and six respectively. In 2014, the reports of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and the National Examination Council (NECO) revealed that the Yorubas have been upturned by the Easterners in terms of academic performance. Ekiti, a state known as fountain of knowledge, was number 34 in 2013. The Yorubas are also missing in the sports sector. The Golden Eaglets, Flying Eagles, Super Eagles, Flamingoes, Falconets, Super Falcons, D’Tigers, other national teams are dominated by the Igbos and Hausas. The team that won the African Cup of Nations for Nigeria in 2013 was tagged Biafran national team by some columnists and social commentators, including myself. Politically, the Igbos and Hausas are more united than the Yorubas. The result of the 2015 presidential election is a point of reference. The Hausas voted massively for General Buhari of the APC, while the Igbos extraordinarily voted for Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP. Sadly, the Yorubas had no bearing during the election. Jonathan’s inner circle members are currently blaming the Yorubas for their son’s expected defeat. Victorious Buhari’s teammates are reportedly saying that the Yorubas contributed little or nothing to the success of their kinsman. In conclusion, I want to impel my generation in the Western part of Nigeria to wake up and begin to act. The nation of Nigeria that I am seeing today is hemorrhaging. I suggest we put ourselves in strategic positions. The bitter truth is that our leaders only think for themselves and their children.

Read more: https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by 09xtr99r: 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
Twistaray:
To all the frustrated elenugboros of Yorubaland parading aimlessly on NL:

Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians... Maxwell A Adeleye
https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Twistaray(m): 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
[s]
09xtr99r:

Lateef Raji, a public policy analyst, in an article titled “Dwindling Oil Revenue: What Next for Nigeria?” posited that today, despite the pitiful state of unemployment in Nigeria, ironically, the nation is still rated as the third destination of investors and one of the fastest-growing economy in the world. Raji noted that Nigeria is a golden land of numerous opportunities for those who are resourceful, ingenious, creative, innovative, inventive, groundbreaking, enterprising, hardworking, focused, visionary and, most significantly, disciplined.

Consequently, as a concerned Nigerian, I want to question the role(s) of Yoruba youths in the current fight against unemployment, starvation and poverty in Nigeria. This question was necessitated by my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today. I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity. Today, among ten Nigerians submitting their resumes to multinational corporations eight would be Yorubas. Folks from my generation in the Western Nigeria are too lazy to tap from the abundant opportunities that litter the streets of, say, Lagos, for primitive accumulation of wealth. The Igbos, and, by extension, the Niger-Deltans and the Northerners have indirectly taken over the control of economy of Lagos, Nigeria’s indisputable number one centre of success, excellence and opportunities. The Apapa wharf in Lagos has virtually been taken over by the Easterners. The data that I got from the Nigerian custom services divulges that 63% of those licensed to transact businesses in Apapa Wharf are Igbos. More so, data collected from licensing office reveals that owners of 56% of commercial motorcycles in Lagos are Northerners and Easterners. The lucrative transport business has been hijacked from the Yorubas. Today, the major work of average Yoruba youths on the streets of Lagos is to collect royalty, due and charges from the Hausas and Igbos, using their motorcycles to make cool cash from their land. Ninety-five percent of transport, travel and tour firms operating in Lagos are owned by the enterprising and hardworking Easterners. The Yorubas stay at various intersections harassing hardworking people transacting their legal businesses in the name of collecting charges and dues for the local government. I also discovered that majority of the few Yorubas riding commercial motorcycles in Lagos are locally-trained automobile engineers that have abandoned their workshops. Furthermore, the popular Ladipo and Owode motor spare parts markets in Lagos are now solidly in the hands of Igbos. As usual, the Yoruba youths are in the market collecting dues for their local government chairmen and the Iyaloja General of Lagos. Yaba, Oyigbo, Sabo, Oshodi, Agege, Alaba, Idumota, etc. markets have been taken over by the Easterners and Northerners who are predominantly youths. Let me also assert unequivocally that the Igbo youths are now becoming more prosperous in the entertainment industry than the Yoruba youths. Today, the Yorubas hardly tune their DSTVs to the Yoruba movie channel of the satellite television; rather, they watch some other movie channel that show English movies with actors and actresses of Igbo extraction. Why? Because most Yoruba movies are short of creativity.

I can also articulate that 85% of the CEOs and executive directors of commercial banks operating in Nigeria today are Igbos and Hausas under the age of 50. They are very talented in boardroom politics, unlike their Yoruba counterparts, and they assist each other with an amazing ease. Educationally, the Yorubas are no longer in the top-three. According to the National Universities Commission (NUC), Anambra, Imo and Enugu have the highest number of professors and doctorate degree holders in Nigeria. Ekiti and Ondo states that used to top the list have been demoted to number four and six respectively. In 2014, the reports of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and the National Examination Council (NECO) revealed that the Yorubas have been upturned by the Easterners in terms of academic performance. Ekiti, a state known as fountain of knowledge, was number 34 in 2013. The Yorubas are also missing in the sports sector. The Golden Eaglets, Flying Eagles, Super Eagles, Flamingoes, Falconets, Super Falcons, D’Tigers, other national teams are dominated by the Igbos and Hausas. The team that won the African Cup of Nations for Nigeria in 2013 was tagged Biafran national team by some columnists and social commentators, including myself. Politically, the Igbos and Hausas are more united than the Yorubas. The result of the 2015 presidential election is a point of reference. The Hausas voted massively for General Buhari of the APC, while the Igbos extraordinarily voted for Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP. Sadly, the Yorubas had no bearing during the election. Jonathan’s inner circle members are currently blaming the Yorubas for their son’s expected defeat. Victorious Buhari’s teammates are reportedly saying that the Yorubas contributed little or nothing to the success of their kinsman. In conclusion, I want to impel my generation in the Western part of Nigeria to wake up and begin to act. The nation of Nigeria that I am seeing today is hemorrhaging. I suggest we put ourselves in strategic positions. The bitter truth is that our leaders only think for themselves and their children.

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by 09xtr99r: 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
Twistaray:
To all the frustrated elenugboros of Yorubaland parading aimlessly on NL:

Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians... Maxwell Adeyemi Adeleye

"...my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today. I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity...."

https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html
Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by PAINGAIN: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
oduastates:

you want tinubu to lead you out of nigeria and yet you ridicule ipob and trash talk biafra. The writer of that letter and as well as every other non nairaland yoruba person know that igbos take the lead in nigeria. I like yoruba people and none of them has ever wronged me but i still don't understand why they still want one nigeria when they could easily pitch tent with the igbos and leave hausas in their nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by contagiousme: 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
Rubbish , entrepreneurship has notting to do with tribe,every region has intelligent business people
this are some yoruba entrepreneurs .

Arisekola Alao
Harry Akande
Chief Rasaq Okoya: Eleganza Group
Folorunsho Alakija – Famfa Oil (Oil & gas)
Dele Fajemirokun – Chaiman Aiico Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken Republic, Kings Guards (Insurance, Security, Technology, Food retailing)
Femi Otedola – Forte Oil and Gas (Oil & gas)
Fola Adeola – GTBank (Banking)
Jimoh Ibrahim – Nicon Insurance, Global Fleet (Insurance, transportation, oil & gas)
Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Globacom (Oil & gas, Banking, Telecom)
Oba Otudeko – Honeywell Group Nigeria, Pivotal Engineering, Airtel (Manufacturing, oil & gas, telecom)
Prince Samuel Adedoyin – Doyin Group (manufacturing, pharmaceuticals)
Bode Akindele – (Modandola Group).
Chief Molade Okoya Thomas – Chairman CFAO Nig and other six french companies (Automobiles)
Fola Adeola: founder GTBank
Subomi Balogun: Chaiman, FCMB
Mobolaji Bank Anthony
Stanley Jegede =Telecom
Deinde Fernandez = Petro Inett
Yinka Folawiyo: Folawiyo Group
Wale Tinubu -- Oando
Otunba Bola Kuforiji-Olubi
Chief Ade Ojo of Elizade Motors
Wale Babalakin (bi-courtney)
Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan = Obat Oil
Jide Omokore
Wale Ajisebutu
Makanjuola of Caverton Helicopter & Caverton Marine
Bolaji Balogun = Chapel Hill Denham ,securities trading, investment management,
Olusola Adekanola =OA Consulting Ltd, Consolidated Management Consultants Ltd, Henrisol Properties Ltd, Seedvest Microfi nance Ltd
Tayo Amusan =real estate ,he owns the Palms in Lekki,
Arisekola Alao
Stanley Jegede =Telecom
mrs florence Seriki =Omatek ventures Plc.
Alex duduyemi= Bolex Holdings Limited, Manucom Fishing Company ,EquityPetroleuServices

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adeyinka Wrote:open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Twistaray(m): 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
PAINGAIN:
you want tinubu to lead you out of nigeria and yet you ridicule ipob and trash talk biafra. The writer of that letter and as well as every other non nairaland yoruba person know that igbos take the lead in nigeria. I like yoruba people and none of them has ever wronged me but i still don't understand why they still want one nigeria when they could easily pitch tent with the igbos and leave hausas in their nigeria.

Oh rally? In what area exactly, please with fact,ok?

grin grin

Will like to take you on a ride.. cool
Cc. Lastpage

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) / Gov. Yuguda Fires 6,000 Political Appointees / 20 Boko-Haram Suspects Protest Non-trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.