Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) (5790 Views)

Yoruba Nation Agitators Open Idiroko Border, Disarm Security Operative / Ilorin: Custom Officials Has Killed Two / Osinbajo Explains Why Border Was Closed Completely, Begs Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by Penguin2: 4:12pm On Jun 06, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPXG-jrgOrQ
Acting on the directives of President Tinubu, officials of Nigerian Customs have been captured in a video showing moment they opened the Idiroko border which is considered one of the busiest, if not the busiest, Nigerian land borders.

Recall that former president Buhari had ordered the closing of all Nigerian land border after he won re-election in 2019 which caused the skyrocketing of prices of commodities that were hitherto brought into the country through those borders.

Criticism had however trailed the claim, in some quarters, that while the order of the president to close land borders were obeyed to the letter in southern borders, the same was not the case northern borders as some alleged that some highly placed individuals were still able to bring in some commodities through northern borders.

Well, those allegations and counter allegations are now over as President Tinubu has ordered the opening of all borders.

We hope that trade would resume across those borders and that some commodities that their prices have been skyrocketing due to their scarcity occasioned by the border closure, will become more available which would also cause the prices to come down. One of such commodity is rice (foreign rice if you please).

Nlfpmod
Mynd44

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by kokoA(m): 4:14pm On Jun 06, 2023
Interesting times ahead..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by shevchenko(m): 4:18pm On Jun 06, 2023
Awoof for Skull miners to go international cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by pandoragirigory: 4:18pm On Jun 06, 2023
nice one
Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by 9jatriot(m): 4:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
Except this is a palliative otherwise I am not sure what to make of it.

One thing I have learned from the reaction to the closure of the border is that Nigerians would rather complain than take action even when you set other conditions to favor them.
Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by Kenneth4u205(m): 4:20pm On Jun 06, 2023
Nice dream you had . No border was opened. TINUBU is in support of border closure. He want to encourage local farmers to produce agbado, cassava and ewa

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by OAFMods: 4:21pm On Jun 06, 2023
Hate of the superior Yoruba tribe na him to kee you last last
shevchenko:
Awoof for Skull miners to go international cool

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by azadus18: 4:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
Wow....highly commendable

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by Coolsat(m): 4:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
I keep saying that president Tinubu may end up as one of the best president Nigeria ever had.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by Chinjo2: 4:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
This is the best way to go. Let them allow essential commodities to flog the market. That is the best palliative the government can give Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by FreeStuffsNG: 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2023
Hmm. I hope our local industries are not in for a hard time from smuggled cheap goods.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

1 Like

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by AWONEYAN(m): 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2023
I believe this government have good things in plan...let them roll it in sequence and we begin to feel relieved

3 Likes

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by Dotherightthing: 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2023
Food is about to become cheap cheesy

But then the video may be from last year undecided

11 Likes

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by a4cube: 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
Coolsat:
I keep saying that president Tinubu may end up as one of the best president Nigeria ever had.
When the boarders was closed you hailed sai baba for closing it. Now it's open you are hailing sai kaka for opening it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by Coolsat(m): 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
a4cube:
When the boarders was closed you hailed sai baba for closing it. Now it's open you are hailing sai kaka for opening it.
Baseless assumptions.

3 Likes

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by jmoore(m): 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
APC government closed land borders but they said they are subsidizing petrol for neighbouring countries.
So through which border were those countries getting our petrol?

7 Likes

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by Jennie002: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
Oh wow
Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by Dotherightthing: 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmm. I hope our local industries are not in for a hard time from snuggled goods.

Something is wrong if imported stuffs are cheaper than locally produced stuffs angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by YouandiAllofus: 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2023
Its not enough to open or reopen land borders. Majority of entry and exit points are unmanned with next to no security. These has served as safe channels for illegal influx of people and goods into the country. Border security needs to improve too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by Bringbackmandat: 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2023
Good one from the drug lord
Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by inoki247: 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2023
Mk Rice enter any aw abg the Local cost...

Nd aw them wan take du am sef this one wey Cefa don leave Naira behind...
Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by Toluwanise247(m): 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2023
ITURA DE GBOGBO OMO NIGERIA

5 Likes

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by FreeStuffsNG: 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2023
Dotherightthing:

Something is wrong if imported stuffs are cheaper than locally produced stuffs angry
You are right but cheaper doesn't mean quality. Our electric cables are far superior in quality but if cheap inferior comes in, people will be at danger of sacrificing quality for price.
We need to get our quality assurance regulators at the borders

2 Likes

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by YouandiAllofus: 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmm. I hope our local industries are not in for a hard time from snuggled goods.
Very sound thought. And i also think the neighbours get to benefit more on this. Because they get access to a bigger market to supply their goods which will eventually drive the scale of production of exportable goods up and inturn providing them with more jobs and more wealth at the expense of our local manufacturing.
Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by a4cube: 4:52pm On Jun 06, 2023
Coolsat:
Baseless assumptions.
😁😄😃😀
Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by unitysheart(m): 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2023
Stale news. It didn't just happen.

2 Likes

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by RacistProudIgbo: 5:05pm On Jun 06, 2023
I love this... God bless us and bless Nigeria.
Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by BloomingDale(f): 5:15pm On Jun 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmm. I hope our local industries are not in for a hard time from smuggled cheap goods.

They should compete if they are are man enough.

2 Likes

Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by Parachoko: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2023
Penguin2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPXG-jrgOrQ
Acting on the directives of President Tinubu, officials of Nigerian Customs have been captured in a video showing moment they opened the Idiroko border which is considered one of the busiest, if not the busiest, Nigerian land borders.

Recall that former president Buhari had ordered the closing of all Nigerian land border after he won re-election in 2019 which caused the skyrocketing of prices of commodities that were hitherto brought into the country through those borders.

Criticism had however trailed the claim, in some quarters, that while the order of the president to close land borders were obeyed to the letter in southern borders, the same was not the case northern borders as some alleged that some highly placed individuals were still able to bring in some commodities through northern borders.

Well, those allegations and counter allegations are now over as President Tinubu has ordered the opening of all borders.

We hope that trade would resume across those borders and that some commodities that their prices have been skyrocketing due to their scarcity occasioned by the border closure, will become more available which would also cause the prices to come down. One of such commodity is rice (foreign rice if you please).

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Will they let people be importing rice, Tomato etc? They banned people from bringing in stuffs like that through the borders
Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by FreeStuffsNG: 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2023
BloomingDale:

They should compete if they are are man enough.
They are man enough. It is just that those smugglers do not pay tax but local pay tax and others. Rent seeking economic activities lead to loss of jobs and economic sabotage in the country. Ex President Buhari knew this and did his best to protect the local industries who are hypocritical enough to not give him credit.
Re: Moment Idiroko Border Was Opened By Custom Officials (video) by Beremx(f): 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2023
If this is true ehn... I will give 💯 support to Tinubu's administration on nairaland. I mean total support. This has always been my wish for Nigerians. Seme border should follow suit.
The closure of border was the main reason I stopped supporting Buhari's administration. You cannot close the border and keep Nigerians hungry. How can you force them to farm when the farms are not safe?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Yuguda Fires 6,000 Political Appointees / 20 Boko-Haram Suspects Protest Non-trial / The Inspiring Rise Of Joshua Iginla +all The Prophesies That Shot Him Into Inter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.