Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed (12482 Views)

What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? / Why Jesus Needed To Be Born By A Virgin / Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Anas09: 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Kia Joke Were Did Ur Humor Went??
You are a lost fool. Just quoting the scriptures. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Pelux15: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
May God open the eye of ur earth
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by KaBabs1: 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
Angelo45:
I know u will go on and argue over and again till u get tired. I'm not here for arguments though but I noticed from your profile you are an atheist. So I just want to ask you a question

Who is responsible for the air that you breath?

God is responsible for the air we breathe. But I am at a loss on how he does it. Maybe you can enlighten me on that sir?
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Angelo45(m): 4:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
KaBabs1:

God is responsible for the air we breathe. But I am at a loss on how he does it. Maybe you can enlighten me on that sir?
Lol.. I don't know how he does it. That's y He's God, simple
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
Anas09:

You are a lost fool. Just quoting the scriptures. undecided undecided undecided
common is this the best u can do result to insult?
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
Cozystuff:
One major attribute of an atheist;
They claim there is no God but still make all post about God,follow all the post about God, comment on all the post about God in anger to claim there is God in an effort to assure themselves that they are right cos they know deep down they might be fooling themselves.

cheesy cheesy You got it here! It's spiritual insecurity. Open up their hearts, you would see fears, worries and anxieties about their hollow unsettling belief that GOD is nonexistent. They are at war with themselves...a war of thoughts. Running around with epistles to defend their untenable atheistic stance actually is their only solace in a life of personal spiritual emptiness and mirage.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by knowyaself3: 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
Africans wake up, ignorance is bliss. Question everything, research and find out facts and be logical. We can still carry on our businesses ethically without beleiving all these lies in religion:
https://www.nairaland.com/2588522/christs-existence-not-substantiated-historical

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
Angelo45:
See Olodo
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
Cozystuff:
[s]One major attribute of an atheist;
They claim there is no God but still make all post about God,follow all the post about God, comment on all the post about God in anger to claim there is God in an effort to assure themselves that they are right cos they know deep down they might be fooling themselves. [/s]
Trash Maybe We Are Tired Of All The Lies We Hear Everyday From This Brood Of Vipers

Maybe We Are Tired Of Them Trying To Shove Their Fairy Tails Down Our Throat

Maybe We Tired Of Case Of Rape And Child Molestation From This Priest

Maybe We Tired Of People Dying Everyday In The Name Of Religion

Does This Little Piece Answer Your Question??
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 19, 2016

Christianity is just one big myth! The church really only started to become successful and gain a foot hold after the conversion of Paul. St Paul used his power and influence to tell people how to live their lives and, once his new religion started to meet with success the writers of the Gospels decided that they needed something more to give the new religion traction. They had seen what worked and what did not and borrowed the best bits of the most successful god origin stories for their new religion. They created a savior figure and then skillfully wove it together with hearsay until they had a narrative that they could sell to the masses. Once that met with success the early founders of the Church ruthlessly eliminated all opposition, particularly from the gnostic traditions. It is certainly a cracking story, it has proved more successful and enduring than the myths of other ‘sun gods’, you don’t get many people worshiping Mithras or Osiris these days.....
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by KaBabs1: 5:56am On Jun 20, 2016
Angelo45:

so anything that happens in this life that I don't understand should be acknowledged as.God's work? looking at it from this perspective, I think I understand religious people now

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Richirich713: 6:28am On Jun 20, 2016
These reasons have been rejected by 99.9% of scholars who actually studied the historicity of Jesus.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 20, 2016
Richirich713:
These reasons have been rejected by 99.9% of scholars who actually studied the historicity of Jesus.
And Can U Put Their Objection Out?? I Need Evidence Don't Just Come Hear And Mk Mouth And Go
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Cozystuff(f): 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Trash Maybe We Are Tired Of All The Lies We Hear Everyday From This Brood Of Vipers

Maybe We Are Tired Of Them Trying To Shove Their Fairy Tails Down Our Throat

Maybe We Tired Of Case Of Rape And Child Molestation From This Priest

Maybe We Tired Of People Dying Everyday In The Name Of Religion

Does This Little Piece Answer Your Question??
I can't see where I asked a question dear!
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
Cozystuff:
I can't see where I asked a question dear!
I Gave U The Reason For The Action I Gave U "Why" We Act As We Do And UR Reason For Our Action Was Wrong
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Richirich713: 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lilbrown007:
And Can U Put Their Objection Out?? I Need Evidence Don't Just Come Hear And Mk Mouth And Go

For starters, that stuff about Horus being born of a virgin is made up Internet stuff.

And that "Perhaps the now defunct Christ figure with the most surprisingly similar story was Mithras whose life was an almost exact parallel, his worshipers even celebrated his birthday on 25 December." is also mostly made up Internet stuff.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2016
Richirich713:

For starters, that stuff about Horus being born of a virgin is made up Internet stuff.

And that "Perhaps the now defunct Christ figure with the most surprisingly similar story was Mithras whose life was an almost exact parallel, his worshipers even celebrated his birthday on 25 December." is also mostly made up Internet stuff.

See Ur Life Ba No Its Not U Wouldn't Be Saying This If U Knew Egypt History Google.com Is Ur Friend
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Richirich713: 5:37pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lilbrown007:
See Ur Life Ba No Its Not U Wouldn't Be Saying This If U Knew Egypt History Google.com Is Ur Friend

Yes google contains the made up Internet stuff, Horus being born of a virgin joins that category. Mithra parallels to christ fits right in there as well.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
Richirich713:

Yes google contains the made up Internet stuff, Horus being born of a virgin joins that category. Mithra parallels to christ fits right in there as well.
So Documentary Is Also Made Up Stuff Right?? Those Status Are Also Made Up Stuff?? Carbon Dating Is Also Made Up Stuff??
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Richirich713: 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lilbrown007:
So Documentary Is Also Made Up Stuff Right?? Those Status Are Also Made Up Stuff?? Carbon Dating Is Also Made Up Stuff??

What documentary?

As for carbon dating, I have no problem with it.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
Richirich713:

What documentary?
As for carbon dating, I have no problem with it.
Oh So U Don't Watch Discovery Ba Or ED??
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Richirich713: 8:41pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Oh So U Don't Watch Discovery Ba Or ED??

The only doc I saw about Jesus paralleling pagan gods is "Zeitgeist". Only watched it once a couple of years ago.

I don't prefer doc's, instead I preferred reading a book. Since that way I can see its references, read it's reviews and read responds to the book.
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by DMLords: 12:06am On Jun 21, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Top 10 Reasons Jesus Christ
Never Existed

Religion is one of the most enduringly powerful forces on earth. Two of the most influential, both today and in the past, Christianity and Islam, believe that Jesus Christ played a pivotal role in both faiths. Christians believe that Jesus was the son of God, born of a virgin birth, was crucified and resurrected for the remission of sins. Muslims believe that Jesus was the
product of a virgin birth brought forth by the command of Allah and became one of his most important (and subsequently revered) prophets . Muslims do not believe that Jesus was crucified but that another man died in his place. Whether or not we believe in the existence and life of Christ as a matter of faith most people are prepared to accept that Jesus was a real and verifiable historical figure; that he was born, lived and died in Judea between around 4BC and 33AD. This has been repeated so many times that most people do not ever think to challenge it but should they? Did a man called Jesus, son of Mary (and adoptive son of Joseph) walk the paths of Judea or was he merely a figment of imagination? A group of stories and myths pulled together by a range of cynical individuals for a particular purpose?

If you are a Christian, of course, the existence of Christ is a matter of faith but should non-Christians believe in Jesus so readily?

Who cares if Jesus existed or not? How is this argument going to be beneficial to the ordinary Nigerian youth that is struggling to get by?

If you are so intelligent, write an expose on how to end poverty and stop worrying yourself about Jesus, God and Religion.

If you have seen any person of faith, whether they believe in Jesus or the turtle around their necks, you will know that no amount of words can deter them.

So bros, write on ending poverty, hunger and disease and leave Jesus, God and their followers to rest.

Atheism is supposed to enlighten one so that he can control the chaos inside him, around him and beyond and not to argue why Jesus never existed and why God is a myth.

You are becoming more like the religious people you write about by trying to convert everyone to atheism. Live and let Live or even better, Live and teach others to Live like boss Ymodulus!
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 12:15am On Jun 21, 2016
DMLords:

Who cares if Jesus existed or not? How is this argument going to be beneficial to the ordinary Nigerian youth that is struggling to get by?

If you are so intelligent, write an expose on how to end poverty and stop worrying yourself about Jesus, God and Religion.

If you have seen any person of faith, whether they believe in Jesus or the turtle around their necks, you will know that no amount of words can deter them.

So bros, write on ending poverty, hunger and disease and leave Jesus, God and their followers to rest.

Atheism is supposed to enlighten one so that he can control the chaos inside him, around him and beyond and not to argue why Jesus never existed and why God is a myth.

You are becoming more like the religious people you write about by trying to convert everyone to atheism. Live and let Live or even better, Live and teach others to Live like boss Ymodulus!
To End Poverty We First Of All Have To Come Out From Religious Slavery First I Get The Point U Are Driving Out Sha Nice One But We Need To Come Out Of Religion Slavery First

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by 1mol(m): 12:36am On Jun 21, 2016
This writer needs to see a doctor
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
1mol:
This writer needs to see a doctor
u have any evidence he existed? if u dont then u are the one that need a doctor its as simple as that
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by KingEbukaNaija: 9:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
@ Seun . This is not a dishonest thread ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by Nobody: 12:15am On Jun 22, 2016
THIS GUY ABOVE ME DO U HAVE ANY PROOF UP TILL NOW NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO PROVIDE ANY PROOF SHAME ON YOU CHRISTIANS
Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by DMLords: 10:20am On Jun 22, 2016
Lilbrown007:
To End Poverty We First Of All Have To Come Out From Religious Slavery First I Get The Point U Are Driving Out Sha Nice One But We Need To Come Out Of Religion Slavery First

I want to agree with you on that point but I find plenty of evidence that nullifies that theory.

South Korea is extremely successful and still extremely religious. In the same manner, Europe and the US prospered while under the burden of religion.

I think a satisfied man is quicker to dismiss religion than a broke one. So, if you want to free people from the "chains" of religion, we need to make them comfortable.

In another note, I find the "build and purchase" business model proposed by ymodulus as a good tool for spreading your faith- Christian, Muslim or atheist. If you build a business for somebody, you will have a certain influence on that person and through that influence,you can promulgate your beliefs and hopefully, catch a convert.

Please note, that this is not an effort to drag you into an argument. I am just more focus on healing our society than a person's beliefs. If people are well fed, clothed, warm with a secured future, they will care less about what goes on in heaven and in hell.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by cloudgoddess(f): 9:49pm On Jun 22, 2016
DMLords:

I want to agree with you on that point but I find plenty of evidence that nullifies that theory.

South Korea is extremely successful and still extremely religious. In the same manner, Europe and the US prospered while under the burden of religion.

I think a satisfied man is quicker to dismiss religion than a broke one. So, if you want to free people from the "chains" of religion, we need to make them comfortable.

In another note, I find the "build and purchase" business model proposed by ymodulus as a good tool for spreading your faith- Christian, Muslim or atheist. If you build a business for somebody, you will have a certain influence on that person and through that influence,you can promulgate your beliefs and hopefully, catch a convert.

Please note, that this is not an effort to drag you into an argument. I am just more focus on healing our society than a person's beliefs. If people are well fed, clothed, warm with a secured future, they will care less about what goes on in heaven and in hell.
According to Wiki, South Korea isn't extremely religious. 46% of their population isn't religious at all, 22% practice Buddhism which is far removed from any Abrahamic religion and is pretty benign (it's focused on awareness of the self and relies on no external gods).

The last 28% is Catholic & Christian, and that can hardly be counted as an huge proportion. In fact, that's less than the amount of Abrahamic practitioners in the Netherlands - a country well-known for it's non-religiousness.

I concur that people in more developed & educated areas let go of religion more readily. But what about when religion itself plays a role in a country's poor conditions & lack of education? When it's feeding into a destructive cycle.

What you'll find in real religious majority countries (I'd say Christianity/Islam 70%+) is that the governments are often corrupt & the people are uneducated, and religion plays a significant role in maintaining that. Religion might negatively affect a country by,

Acting as "opium to the masses", numbing citizens from taking action to solve their problems because of the false hope of god(s) intervening (this is happening to Nigeria now)

Taking money from citizens and the government (via religious establishments, rituals, and offering/tithes) that could be going to projects like better schools, businesses, & housing

Fueling religious wars that cost billions of dollars and many civilian lives; civilians who could be inventing things, starting companies, etc. The wars in the Middle East come to mind

Actively discouraging individuals from certain areas of study/literature (evolutionary biology, astrophysics, philosophy), and thus limiting scientific progress

Taking up collective mental space & energy that could be routed towards innovation, education, & development

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by horlarwhalhe: 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
Who copy who?

Re: Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed by horlarwhalhe: 10:12pm On Jun 22, 2016
Stolen history from Africa and rebranded it as religion (brainwashed, mentally slavery) everything start from Africa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian / Is This A Real Mad Man, Prophet Or An Anti Christ? (photos +shocking Video) / Christians , Please What's Your Take On This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.