Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,061 members, 7,814,651 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) (9504 Views)

Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) / Allen Samuel From Ondo Constructs Car (Photos, Video) / A Review Of Range Rover Vogue: Wike's Official Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 1:19am On Jun 19, 2016
Wiper blades are made of rubber, so they naturally wear out after several months of wiping snow, rain and dust from your windshield. You could take your car to the mechanic to have them changed, but it's just as easy to change them yourself. The fitting process is identical for the vast majority of cars on the road.
Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 1:20am On Jun 19, 2016
Part One of Three:
Getting Ready to Change Wiper Blades

Know what part of the blade to change. Windshield wipers are made with three basic parts: the lower wiper arm that extends from the base of the windshield, the metal or plastic blade attached to the lower arm, and the rubber blade that actually wipes the windshield. When your windshield wiper blades are changed, you're really only changing the rubber blades that get worn down by water and inclement weather.

1 Like

Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 1:21am On Jun 19, 2016
Measure the size blade you need and buy replacement blades. To find out what size replacement blades you need, measure the old rubber blades using a ruler or measuring tape. Write down the exact measurements, then go to an auto parts store and buy rubber blades in those exact sizes.
Don't assume that the left and right wiper take the same size blade. One side is often an inch or two shorter than the other.

1 Like

Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 1:23am On Jun 19, 2016
Part Two of Three:
Installing New Wiper Blades

Raise the metal wiper arm away from the windshield. It should be able to hold steady in a position perpendicular to the windshield. Be careful with the positioning; the metal wiper arm is spring-loaded, and it could snap back and crack your windshield.

Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 1:24am On Jun 19, 2016
Raise the metal wiper arm away from the windshield. It should be able to hold steady in a position perpendicular to the windshield. Be careful with the positioning; the metal wiper arm is spring-loaded, and it could snap back and crack your windshield.

Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 1:25am On Jun 19, 2016
Unhook the old wiper blade. Look at the joint where the rubber wiper blade meets the metal arm. There should be a small plastic stopper holding the blade in place. Press the stopper and unhook the old wiper blade to separate it from the metal arm.
Some wiper blades have pins to hold the rubber wiper blade in place, rather than a hook.
Make sure one hand is holding the wiper away from the windshield during this entire process.
You may want to protect your windshield with a folded towel, just in case you the arm snaps back while you're trying to change the wiper.

Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 1:25am On Jun 19, 2016
Insert the new wiper. Slide the refill wiper into the same end of the arm where you pulled the old wiper out. Gently pivot the new wiper until the hook snaps into place to secure it. Lay the wiper back against the windshield.

Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 1:27am On Jun 19, 2016
Repeat with the second wiper. The procedure is exactly the same for replacing the second wiper. Just make sure you use the correct size for each side.

Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 1:30am On Jun 19, 2016
Part Three of Three:
Knowing When to Change Wipers

Examine the wipers for cracks. Old windshield wipers become hard and cracked over time, especially in hot, dry climates. If your wiper seems to have lost it's rubbery spring, it's probably time to replace it.

Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by akudinaobi(m): 1:32am On Jun 19, 2016
You don't finish
Any question
No question
Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 1:34am On Jun 19, 2016
Pay attention next time it rains. If your wipers leave streaks of water across your windshield that aren't much easier to see through than pounding rain, their rubber has probably lost its grip
http://m.wikihow.com/change-the-wiper-blades-on-your-car
Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by akudinaobi(m): 1:37am On Jun 19, 2016
Oh you still dey talk
Nah you they produce the wipper abi you dey sell am for hold up
Wiper
That's good thanks
Noted

1 Like

Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by MontyNG(m): 11:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
All this and I still can't find wiper blades for my Avalon...
Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by Olalekanbanky1(m): 7:00am On Jun 28, 2016
embarassed1
Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by brunofarad(m): 7:01am On Jun 28, 2016
Thanks Op

Educative post

1 Like

Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by Goldenheart(m): 7:08am On Jun 28, 2016
grin Some ijebu Drivers Wil Wait Till The Last Rubber Wears Out, It Start Making This "iron-glass" screetching sound when wiping.

2 Likes

Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by stano2(m): 7:09am On Jun 28, 2016
ok..new small work loading.
REPLACE YOUR WIPER HERE!!!!
Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by ITbomb(m): 7:45am On Jun 28, 2016
Useful info

You will be surprised that a small job like this, some Nigerians may feel too proud to do and be waiting for a mechanic to fix it, after all they can pay.

There's so much job in fixing things up in my experience, I will be looking at the wiper especially when it rains and say, "Yes I Did That".
Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 28, 2016
Thanks.
Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by cevek11: 7:55am On Jun 28, 2016
A video please ...

Youtube has some
Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 28, 2016
If you don't know how to change wiper blades then you shouldn't make any attempt to boil water.
Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 28, 2016
I no c anytin. na just pix of a man holding wiper. ótan
Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 28, 2016
It's easy to do,but always be careful not to break ur windscreen o.
Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by fpeter(f): 10:36am On Jun 28, 2016
This is something you don't bother with until you have to use it under the rain and realize it stopped working.
Mine, stopped working some months back and i didn't see any need to fix it until I went to Church on Sunday
And this heavy rain started out of nowhere. It was so heavy such that i couldn't see my front so I vowed to
Fix it the following day, the mechanic said it was the engine that spoilt and he charged me 4k as opposed to
the first guy's 7k...
Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by obaival(m): 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
Hw much is a car ? embarassed
Re: How To Change The Wiper Blades On Your Car (Photos) by Sharon6(f): 4:57am On Jun 29, 2016
Nice1. Thanks for the info.

PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

(1) (Reply)

10 Points On How To Properly Store Your Car / 5 Recent Revolutionary Innovations In The Automotive Sector / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.